Walmartwalmart csm this is a crying shame

I

I am a constant shopper at walmart and have experienced bad customer service on many occasions. As a result, I am really fed up with the service of the walmart "CSM" or claiming "CSM" that display bad attitudes and neglated leadership ability. I belive that walmart trians thier employees but sometimes there are problems that exist with the employee who can't figure out how to do certian transactions. With this particuler problem accumulating in most of all the walmarts I have been to, there are customers such as my self that has been serviced by a very nice employee or a rude fed up employee who demostrates the constant negative actions from poor training in customer service or negligent acts from the CMS that do not respond to the employee's problem when the light is blinking for them to come help with a issue. I have watch on many occasions as well been a part of the action of being neglected the help that is suppose to be provided at the given time. The so call "CSM" have actually made me stand at the register with an employee who has been trying to get thier attention for help because they could not fix the problem themselves as well as trying to demostrate calm efforts to keep other customers that where standing inline behind me calm. There Where Four "CSM" at the time standing in at a podem talking and laughing as well as watching the light blink. The made no effort to move from that space as well as give up a good converstaion to help this employee out who was trying her best to help me. I Stood at that register for approximatley 30 minutes, getting frustrated with the service and they way that the CSM where in a constant jolly mood with one another and looking at the light blink with out neither one of them making sound judgement that this cashier needed some help. This was the weekend of Holloween and Walmart was very busy. Lines where long and other customers where also fed up with the wait and the rudeness that the employee's and thier managers displayed. Needless to say when after 30 minutes, when one CSM finally made a move she looked straight at the cashier and that light blinking and contiued to walk right by to attend to another cashier who had just turned thier light on for help. The cashier them looked at me and could tell that I was getting really mad now because how this situation was starting to turn out. She politley apppogised for the CSM actions. I could feel the tention rising as the cashier herself started to appear to be upset. She then explained to me that this happens everyday to certian cashiers because the CSM have thier certian picks and Chooses on who they want to rush and help and who they leave stuck out for customers to get angry and go off on them because off the lack of help. I could belive this because this was not the first time this happen to me at this paticuliar store. Finally when she relalized that the CSM where not going to come her aid, the cashier actually, Politely told me please excuse me and left the register to go get a "CSM". Me and the other five customers behind me that also where angry and fed up because the line had not moved for 30 minutes watched her walk from the front of the store all the way to the middle of the store to get help. When she got thier the CSM still contiued to talk and laugh with one another ignoring that fact that she was standing there trying to get thier attention. Finally One CSM turned around and responded and followed her back to the register where she realized that thier where some angry customers and tryed to calm the situation down by giving apologies for the long wait. Needless to say my issues with the transaction was resolves but the issue with these lazy, CSM 's who lack poor leadership ability wasn't. I am tired of going through this same issues constantly and would like this issue to be resolved. It is apparent that the Walmart CSM's here demostrates the act of favoritism to certian employees when they should treat all of them the same. I have been to three walmarts in this area and have been caught in this issue constantly. I am sure that thier are other's as well that have been in this sutiation but don't know where to turn to compliant and have no clue where to complaint to. Please be advised that even through Walmart offers a great place to shop this sort of situation can esculate and prevent problems in the long run with the wrong individual who has be treated the way I was and would not take the problem so nicely . I appreciate the chance to let people know what is happening and would like the situation to get fixed. Thanks for your time and who ever reads this respond and let me know your views and opinions.

• Wa
    Walmart1 Oct 26, 2015

Perspective is everything. As a csm i cant tell you how fustrating it is when your trying to be fair and you have cashiers grabing you instead of waiting their turn no matter how many times you explain how it works to them they dont care about it they only see the problem in front of them not the five in front of them that i have to get to because they were first on my palm how unfair is it to cut in line and act like im playing favorites because all you see is what is in front of you regardless of what is in front of me. And as far as conversating im being paid to make it fast and pleasant. Your perspective might see me having a good time but i cant tell you how many times ive been yelled at for standing around doing nothing when im talking about issues and problems. I never stop im never having a good time even if i look like i am. And its important to understand what a csm is and what they are not. I have no way i fixing the real problems of working for this company we are neglected by real management who dont want to help the frontend we are given no real power to fix the problems ourselves the whole thing is unreal but you still shop at walmart because its easier to blame the symtoms (the employees) not the real problem ( the company) your low price has a cost.

• Ka
    katekate93 Feb 08, 2015

As a cashier at Walmart, I can attest to this. It happens daily where it takes a CSS/CSM minutes to come to the register. Many are rude and condescending just because they make $1 more than me an hour. They pick favorites and are unpleasant. I'm sorry this happened to you. I am often in the same situation as the cashier you talked about.

MadCashier Nov 16, 2014

Im a current cashier at Wal-Mart and my csm latavia is the worst she comes in everyday like she is upset. She is friendly with everyone else but she always seem like she have a problem with me. I really think she needs to be re-trained because she is a horrible excuse of a csm

• Cs
    CsmMom May 22, 2011

If you're still out there; if you see this, first of all, I'm really sorry this happened. There's really no excuse for it. I am a WM CSM. Serving the customer, and serving quickly is my number one priority.

As far as who you might speak to in a circumstance like that, you could certainly request to speak to a "member of management" (use *those words*) before leaving the store and someone will get a member of the REAL management team to the front-end to speak with you. OR, you could call from home, as well. If you weren't satisfied with that conversation, you could speak with the store manager, or the District Manager, whose phone number should be posted on the wall behind your store's Customer Service Desk.

Taking care of you is important, and these people would want to hear about that kind of an experience. Again...sorry that happened.

• Je
    Jessica Lara Nov 08, 2010

I was a cos at Sams Club for 2 years which is the same thing as a csm. I can honestly say that I strived everyday to provide good member service. I was the fastest one to respond to cashiers. I felt great pleasure in serving my co workers and the members to the best of my ability. UNFORTUNATLEY there was not many others (including managers) that did the same. HOWEVER There is a lot of pressure and sometimes I don't think customers know what you are really doing. For example: One really busy, over crowded day at sams I had a cashier page for help, so I responded quickly. She had an item with no barcode so I hurried to the podium to the computer to look it up. After about two minutes I had a very angry man walk up to me and get close enough to me I could smell his foul breath and yelled " Get you lazy @** from behind there and come take care of the lines!" He then walked away like the jerk he was without giving me time to respond. I was so mad maby more hurt that this man didnt know jack he didnt know how I had been running my @** ragged all day for a measly $9.50 an hour, but then I relized there are so many lazy cos' and csm's that it may be hard to tell the workers from the non workers. Needless to say I quit that job.

• Lm
    LM58 Apr 28, 2010

I SHOP THERE ALL THE TIME AND EVERY TIME WE LEAVE I SAY THE SAME THING WHY DO WE GO SHOPPING HERE! THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING AND THEY ALL TAKE A COURSE IN HOW NOT TO BE PLEASANT AT WORK . WITH THE ECONOMY THE WAY I T IS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB THERE ARE AT LEAST 100 PEOPLE READY TO TAKE YOUR PLACE... LM FLORIDA