Having problems with Guitar Center?

Guitar Center Customer Service Contacts

+1 801 501 8847 (Customer Service)
+1 855 770 3373 (Head Office)
5795 Lindero Canyon Rd.
Thousand Oaks, California
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 7470, Westlake Village, CA 91359

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Guitar Center Customer Service. Initial Guitar Center complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Guitar Center above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Guitar Center. Discuss the issues you have had with Guitar Center and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Guitar CenterFalse advertising online scam to get you to buy then make you pay more then competitor

I have been debating about writing this or just letting it go but i can't.. What guitar center just did to me is probably one of the strangest shady things a company has ever done to me and i think i need to see what others might think so they can see how guitar center does buisness. So here goes trust me i cant make this up.. Today is dec. 22 2020 and yesterday i ordered a Blackstar V2 40 watt stereo amp on clearance for $149 good deal i thought right? So i thought.. So anyway after ordering my new amp last night and paying $10 extra dollars 2 day shipping to get it by Christmas. Here i am next day getting an email saying my order was cancelled, but i didn't cancel it and i need it by Christmas so i call to see what is going on. And i find out my order was cancelled because guitar center cant give it to me at that clearance price or "they wont make money" i was told. So store clerk told me i have to pay $209 for the amp and he can give me 15% off. What ever happened to honoring your set clearance price and if it was a mistake they give it to that person for set price and change ad like they did in old days and how any buisness with integrity does these days? But i guess them days are gone.. So basically what i am saying is i bought an online clearance item and next day cutting it close to xmas was told i cant have that deal and i now have to pay $30 more for the exact same product because they wont make enough money off me. Its not like the product wasn't available and i had to choose something new NO! They made me put up another $203 dollars when i still had first $173 pending that i wont get back on my bank account for up to a week. Thank god i happened to have an extra $203 to put up if i wanted the gift to get here for Christmas.. And instead of giving me free overnight shipping he still made me pay $10 for the 2 day.. All i have to say is DON'T PUT AN AD UP AND WHEN SOMEONE BUYS YOUR PRODUCT TELL THEM THEY HAVE TO NOW PAY FULL PRICE AND PUT UP EXTRA MONEY AND PAY SHIPPING.. THAT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF FALSE ADVERTISING! now i see why guitar center is going out of buisness. Its only an extra $30-$40 i had to spend but thats a decent percentage when your dealing with a $200 product.. They probably wont make it up to me. All i know is now im hoping i get it by Christmas and wishing i would have just got it through Amazon like i do everything else it would have been cheaper the shipping would have been free and i wouldn't have an extra $173 tied up in my bank account. Good thing i don't need that money for xmas dinner of something.. Sheesh! Guitar center is a scam and a joke..

Aug 24, 2020

Guitar Center — Electroharmonix 45000

I ordered an ElectroHarmonix 45000 looping 4 track recorder and it took a month to get here. The unit wa...

May 08, 2019

Guitar Center in Oklahoma City: 405-810-9191 — misled by store management when purchasing a jose ramirez fl2 model guitar

I contacted Guitar Center in Oklahoma City and I was inquiring about a Jose Ramirez Guitar model number FL2...

Guitar Centerservice

Unpredictable boss addison who bullies his fellow employers and highly disrespectful of amount of hours or days given to a worker. Alongside his side kick ryan for being rude also to his employees he works with! Defiantly not a team leader at all!! Above all for the other employees they are wonderful and helpful and work together as a team! Would like to see these two gone. They both make me and a few others i've been with feel uncomfortable and something needs to be done. I wish to come into guitar center and shop while not being hovered over or anything above that! Thank you!

Guitar Center — used behringer kx1200 keyboard amp item #[protected]/never worked

I sent an email to Guitar Center previous to 10/4/18 requesting info on Behringer KX1200 Keyboard Amp. They...

Guitar Center — guitar center rental / avoid them

I Did A Rental With Them Tuesday .. And The Wife Picked Up The Rental Equipment That Was Loaded Up By There...

Guitar Center — receiving an order

I ordered a Drum Set and the order was cancelled without my knowledge or consent. Once we found out the order...

Guitar Center — unprofessional customer service & poor judgement on policy and rules

First of all: regardless of the issue or how wrong, a "client is always right" is a sacred must know...

Guitar Center — they canceled my order

Dear Guitar Center customer service, I am having a trouble dealing with your website. One week ago I ordered...

Guitar Center — I sold two guitars and a brand new evh 5150 50 watt head.

This is the second and last time that I or any of my friends will ever step foot in any Guitar Center. I went...

Guitar Center — order processing and shipping

I work at a school and have been trying to place an order for 3 mics and 3 mic cables. I placed the order via...

Guitar Centerrepair not done, lack of communication

So on 4/17 i dropped my guitar off at Guitar Center (Gainesville, Fl) to get the 5 position blade switch replaced, full intonation and the bridge calibrated.Today almost 3 weeks later (5/5) I go pick it up because no work has been done to it and in the 3 weeks not once did Guitar Center call me to let me know the status of my guitar. The guitar is a '94 PRS EG-II Seafoam Green, my prized possession. When I dropped it off I specifically told the tech that I needed it done before May 6th because of an important gig on 5/6. Words can not express my disapointment and to an extent anger because of the let down and also because when I went to pick my guitar up they couldn't find it. When they finally got it the gig bag was dirty as if it was laying on the floor somewhere. Needless to say that I will never entrust Guitar Center with any instrument I owe ever again.
      Eugene Torres
      1105 Fort Clarke Blvd. Apt. 408 Gainesville, FL
      [protected]

• Updated by Eugene JimmyStrings Torres · Jul 21, 2017

Update on the repair of my PRS EG-2. Took it to Vinciguerra Custom Shop in Palatka Fl. and in 1 day it was done, No wonder Mark Vinciguerra shop is so busy. With customer service like that who can complain.

Guitar Center — online purchase

In the last week, I purchase a used guitar from online at a Guitar Centers San Jose store. The listing...

Guitar Center — rude manager, unresolved answer from guitar center

Order cg11840385 I am really disappointed with the experience I had in this shop and with guitar center. I...

Guitar Centervery unprofessional customer service!

I wanted to buy a guitar for my son as a birthday present. I went online and found Guitar Center store which seemed like a trustworthy company.
        My son was in a band and I wanted to buy something really great, but I did not understand anything in these things so I really needed some help and advice from customer service. I called them and was hoping to get some help, but the person on the phone said that he does not know anything either and that he's just selling things and that's all.
        Well, no words can describe how disappointed I was.
        In my opinion it is not right to hire someone who can't even give a proper advice to a customer.

Guitar Centerservice, company policy

I traded & got ripped off when I returned what I purchased after only having it over the weekend they said they sold my trade.
          Now I am out my trade & because I lost the discount of 10% for trading in you got my guitar for far less than I would have sold it for.
          I have complained but all I get back is see your store.They are the ones who ripped me off!
          They wont help! This was one bad deal that I will never forget or live down.
          Right now I have never hated a company more than GC!!
          I will do all I can to put you out of business. that's my mission!!
          PS, the manager was a jerk & your policies suck!
          Goodbye

Guitar Center, KohalaOnline order

May 1st. Paid $74.00 UP FRONT CASH in the Toledo store for a baritone ukulele made by Kohala. None in stock there at the store. Web site said instrument would be available to ship by the 18th so I bought it. Sent E-mail to the department mngr. on the 23rd. He got right back to me. He said he would "look into it". He asked me for the sales man's name. I gave him the name and associates number on the receipt. I also explained that it took over an hour for a simple cash transaction. The store salesman fumbled and screwed around not knowing how to order the item online and have it paid for by cash. That was the end of that. I haven't heard back and it is three days later. So I paid for the uke on the 1st of May and it is now the 26th and I have no idea when, if ever, I will get my instrument. I told the manager that I would like my money back if I can't get it by the 29th of May. No reply.

DO NOT DEAL WITH GUITAR CENTER FOR BACK ORDER ITEMS.

Guitar Center - St. Matthew — Bait and switch and not honoring coupon

Bait and switch tactics used and not honoring advertised coupon that was listed on website. I will never...

Guitar Center — rude, rude, rude

I continue to have difficulty with the people in the Pro Audio department and Managers at this store . first...

Guitar Center — customer appreciation-wrong!

So much for your Guitar Center 's customer appreciation. It is time for me to buy from another music...