Complaints & Reviews

dissatisfaction service

On Sunday June 9,2007 I went shopping at Walmart. At the register I gave a blank check with my signature to pay my bill. The clerk gave my check which was blank and a receipt for my purchase. I ask the clerk to void my check and redo the transaction at another register where the printer was was working, She refuse and so did her supervisor refuse. I had to go to the assistant store manager to complete the transaction properly. I was so irate that I called 1800-walmart to make a complaint. I spoke with someone from customer service but did not receive satisfaction. I tried to make a complaint on the computer but the computer kept knocking me out so I could not complain. I feel top mgmt needs to be informed.

poor after sales service!

Purchased weed eater (r) from walmart. after two months the battery went dead/ model wlt24/ original
Power, inc customer service [protected]- the "customer service" lady states we have to call their parts place/ [protected] tried for two weeks always busy. their service dept will feel your pain and show condolences, and that is it. also their web place originalpower.com./weedeater doesn't really help either. they really don't do anything.

Pat montgomery - millington, tn

• Ki
    Kim Sanders Aug 04, 2007

I bought a Weedeater WLT23 from WalMart on March 30 2007, used it maybe 10 times. Today is Aug 4 and the batteries are dead. Called the # on the instruction manual (800-540-5688) and was told that someone from customer service will call me back in 48-72 hours and that this rep. will probably offer to LET me buy new batteries at 50% off. WOW what a deal. Then in 3 or 4 months maybe I can do it all over again. I'm going to buy a new trimmer and it WON'T be a Weedeater product.

not so private, not so professional

Yesterday, I was called by Co-Manager Rod (last name withheld) of the WalMart in Alabaster, Alabama to come in on June 8, 2007 at 10 a.m. for a part-time interview. I arrived at 9:45 a.m. Another female applicant arrived just before 10 a.m.

The female was immediately seen and set up with an interviewer.

For more than 25 minutes, Rod was paged by the Store to come to hold my interview.

Rod showed at 10:30 a.m. and with no greeting or apology, looked up my name and then called another person to interview me... I waited 10 more minutes and no one showed.

Insult to injury... professionalism and privacy. During my time, I overheard the exchange of more than two social security numbers of individuals, that persons were taking time off and one lady was handling everything.

On top of that, Connie (last name unknown but another manager) had quit and the night before and just walked off the job.

I was so disgusted by the lack of privacy and professionalism that I just left.

Lesson... WalMart Alabaster, Alabama is broken.

• El
    Elissa Walsh Jun 17, 2007

That's Walmart for you . WALMART everywhere. Walmart historically treats their people like sh*t. you are all replaceable. I choose never to shop at Walmart or Sam's Club's. PERIOD. If we were ALL informed, nobody would shop at this nightmare. I'm sorry you had such a piss poor experience but this may be a blessing in disguise!! Do you believe in Karma? I do.

• Fr
    frank Jan 18, 2009

I completely agree.

I see that those employees who, I suppose are hourly, work on the floor are generally nice and good natured. They are generally older with most I guess being retirees.

I guess the managers are in the back hiding from the public. I never see them on the floor as I shop. After talking to some of the store's employees my guess was correct. After speaking to these employees I found that many managers at Wal Mart are interested in just keeping a paycheck. They don't want there higher ups to realize they are not really that good at what they do. They are not very good in employee relations. They tend to only think for themselves. Have you ever wondered why over the loud speaker they always ask for a "member of management" like it is a club you have to be a really good but kisser to join. I tend to think many of these managers should feel very lucky that Wal-Mart as a whole is too large to manage and they can go about their lives earning their not to well-earned paycheck with the understanding that there is little chance anyone out there will rock their boat and find out that they generally are not that good at what they do.

Walking through the Alabaster store have you ever wondered how empy the shelves are?

• Ar
    Ari333 Mar 25, 2010

I used to shop here all the time. But after seeing so much of this behavior from the management, and after the way they are squeezing our favorite brands off the shelves for THEIR brand; I'm done for good. I will NEVER shop at wall-mart again, especially for groceries. Heck, when I switched to Food World, I didn't even notice a difference in total ticket price.

awful customer support

I just walked out of a walmart in Neptune, NJ with a rather weird experience. I walked in to buy a hard drive...

check receipt! double charged all of the time!

This is the third time in a row I have shopped at a WalMart and found my receipt incorrect with double...

complete waste of money!

At the walmart store located in trinidad, colordado, there is very poor care regarding the garden center. There is a greenhouse set up at walmart with hundreds of plants in it. On the week of April 6th, 2007, we had freezing drizzle and temperatures fell below freezing. I noted that a portion of the greenhouse siding was down and the plants exposed to the cold. Of course, no one was in the garden center to report this to. A few days later when i returned, hundreds of these plants were frozen. These plants are not salvageable at this point. Also noted some of the plants that are part of the garden center connected to the walmart store also suffered frost damage.

What a waste of money, and totally disgusting to let all of these plants just freeze. I would like to know who is responsible for this or does anyone in management care. It's probably just a tax write off so it's not a big deal, however, i think it shows very poor management and lack of responsibility, plus such a waste.

• Mi
    Misskitty Apr 16, 2007

Why should Walmart care about killing all their live garden center stock? They (along with Lowe's, Home Depot, K-Mart and most other big box stores) get their plants in on consignment. If they kill them, the grower is the one who takes a loss, not the store. If they let them freeze, it doesn't cost them anything. If they don't water them and they die, oh well. In fact, most of the growers have merchandisers who go to the stores and work the plants instead of the store itself doing any work with the plants.

• Bl
    blas May 23, 2008

you all suck!

walmart - think again, and quit advertising lower prices!

I bought a LexMark Z645 printer at WalMart 3 months ago. The thing has barely ran a fourth of the black ink out of it and already the paper guide or automatic feeder is broken on it. I have to hand feed each sheet to get something printed. What a major hassle!

I heard that WalMart will no longer receive returns. Is that true.

Purchased at Woodward, Oklahoma.

Also purchased for us at the Woodward WalMart for Christmas by family members:

Two years ago we received a Mr Coffee coffeemaker with the alarm brew set button that made the coffee start perking at the time you specified. Of course you had to put the ingredients in it the night before, but it lasted 2 months. It was one of the expensive models and since we had no receipt, we couldn't get another one. It just quit working, no visible reason, and we are not that hard on our things.

Everytime I have to go into WalMart, it just irritates me. I would rather spend my money at any other store in my area than WalMart. Their groceries are not as good as our ShurFine brand at the Venture store locally at Buffalo, Oklahoma. And the Venture store has great sales on their merchandise and what is advertised IS in the store.

Atwoods Town and Country stores even have better quality and lower prices than the WalMart store that sits next to them on the highway!!

WalMart - think again, and quit advertising lower prices, ha ha. You suck.

Anon Ymous Apr 01, 2007

Dude,

You bought one of the cheapest printers on the market. It runs about $25, and usually is seen as the free giveaway printer with cheap computer systems. I'm surprised you got 3 months out of it.

• Ad
    Adolf Oliver Nipple May 12, 2007

Next time don't be so cheap. You're lucky you got that long with that printer.

complete dissatisfaction of the order!

To Whom it May Concern:

After I talked to the customer service agent on the telephone for over 30 minutes, I was told that I would get a refund for one complete sweatshirt that was placed on back-order and then never shipped, plus a shipping refund of .84cents twice. I don't think a credit in the amount of $2.11 adds up the cost of the Black NBA Sweatshirt that was never shipped because you were out of stock. I ordered these items for a X-Mas present for my Son & my three Teenage Grandchildren. When I ordered the Four NBA Sweatshirts I was told that they would be delivered before X-Mas. The sweatshirt I had to re-order was delivered December 28th, 2006. (Three days after X-Mas) My original order less the black sweatshirt was delivered January 2nd, 2007. (Seven days after X-Mas) When it was all said and done, one sweatshirt that I had to re-order because the Black X-Large was placed on backorder was never delivered. Furthermore it was not on backorder, you just simply didn't have it, and notified me via email 4 days later and said it was not available. Trying to reach a customer service agent for the great Walmart is almost impossible. When I finally reached a customer service agent today January 26, 2007., she was rude and tried to cover up the entire issue of trying to solve my problem, and never did explain why my X-Mas order was not delivered on time for X-Mas. She also kept saying they were "T-Shirts" not "Sweatshirts" and was very rude each time I corrected her.

You would think a customer service representative would know the difference between a sweatshirt and a t-shirt. Another thing that I don't understand why you ask for all the information such as a phone number, address, etc., etc., because according to your customer service agent you only use emails to notify the customer about a problem.. Why don't you just ask for an email address, because that is apparently the only contact you use with the customer. I could complain for hours about my complete dissatisfaction with this entire ordeal, but I will not. I was a K-Mart Store Manager for a long period of time, and if I would have treated my customers like I was treated, my District Manager would have fired me on the spot. I think I have no alternative at this point to contact the President of Walmart and let he or she know about my complete dissatisfaction of this order.

trisha herring Oct 05, 2007

I wish they would clean up the carts blowing all over the parking lot.Woodward,ok You need a mgr

• Da
    David Calvo Oct 09, 2007

Hey guys,on Sunday October 7th,2007,my car was hit in the Walmart parking lot at Walker Springs in Knoxville, TN, somewhere between 12:00p.m. and 1:30p.m.I called the police, and as suspected,couldn't do anything but take a police report, giving my I.D. and car insurance information, which will cause my rates to go up, when they find out,so I decided not to file one. I went back in the store to see the outside cameras, so that I could find out who hit my car, and they refused, claiming that they needed a warrant or official order from the police. So,the next day,I called the Knox county police, stating what Walmart said,and as expected, they wouldn't help me,because I wasn't robbed, or my child wasn't abducted. They (police) advised me to make a hit and run report,and file it to my own insurance.I'm not doing that, just so my rates can go up (it's a Pontiac Firebird and is already $140/month). As lowdown as this person that hit me was, I'd like to take a moment and let people know that Walmart is even lower. All they would have to do,is just take a moment of there time to allow me to see the 1 1/2 hour of tape needed to find the culprit, and then file a police report against that person, but no, they claim their video cameras are for private use, not to help justice in any way. Anyway, f the person that hit my car ever reads this, I want him/her to know that I forgive them for what they did, but I pray that God keeps them from ever doing this to another person, and if they do, I hope they get caught in the act.

martha tachiquin Oct 15, 2007

I have been shopping with you for the past 10 years I believe. I have a credit card account with you which at this point I do not know what is going on. I have attempted to use my card for the past three months and it does not work at the register. for the past two months I have made purchases with other credit cards when I've been told i have credit available in my card. This past Friday, October 12 i shopped at your stocoton Superwalmart. Since the walmart card did not work I had to use a providian credit card. This inconvenience has thrown my budget off since my purchase was over $200.00 To make matters worse on exiting your security clerk became very rude,confused and just plain harassing me because I could not find my tag. I was treated like a criminal. I asked your employees questioning me to go back with me to register 19 to the clerk who had charged me. The clerk was not there, she went on her break. The manager who had assisted me,(not very helpful before and somewhat rude continued to show rudeness. I have spoken to you phone service about changing my address to no response. I have not received my statement for the past two months and called the number on the credit card. Still no response to my request. At this point I do not know where I stand with you and my account. I would very much like to continue to do business with you. As a teacher for the past 20 years your store has great items and prices. But I am very very humiliated upset and distraught as to the way I am being treated. I'd be most appreciative at a quick response to this matter.

Martha Tachiquin.

• Wi
    William Fenner Nov 16, 2007

My complaint with Walmart started several nights ago, in Paris Tennessee. We are working on the new bowling center, trying to get it open by Thanksgiving, and we are working in the neighborhood of fourteen hours a day, everyday. By the time we get off work at night, there is no place to buy the things we need for the job the next day open except Walmart. Since we are working out of town we depend on this service center for all our tools, groceries, miscellaneous hygiene items, and clothing since we came unprepared for the cold snap that came through here this week. This week alone, we have spent more than $500.00 at this store and the night time security man that watches the door, was the rudest man I have ever had to deal with. Since I bought a bagful of saw blades and a half inch drill the other night, the cashier didnt demagnetize the tools and the alarm went off as I was leaving the store and since I was there as soon as I got off work and hadn't cleaned up yet, he thought he was a real Barney Fife. he accused me of stealing something even though I had my register receipt. When I showed it to him, he wouldn't accept that I just purchased the things. I had to wait until he checked everything in the computer and verified each and every item. I was so mad by the time he went through the list, I had to just take my stuff from him and walk out! The next night, I was back in there, because I didnt really have a choice,to buy a new pair of boots. The next day, the fastener that holds the string popped off the boot so when I got off work, I went to the motel to get my receipt so I could take them back to exchange them, but the maid apparently threw the receipt away, but I went there anyway to explain the situation. I told the lady that I had just purchased them the night before, and that I just wanted to exchange them for a new pair but she said without the receipt, she wouldnt do anything, that I was just out $59.00 If this complaint just sits here and I don"t get any kind of reply, or satisfaction, I assure you that I will never shop at Walmart again and I am very influential and affiliated with numerous shoppers and will do everything in my power to stop purchases at this business. Thank you

gift card never received!

I completed the long and involved questionnaire and I had to accept 4 different items. I took two credit...

harassing calls at work!

Walmart Collections Agency company keeps calling my job regarding the $$ i owe them if i had it i would have paid them. I am in the middle of a bankruptcy. And my husband is out work. The collection agent is calling every 20 minutes and refuses to stop calling and wants to speak to a mgr. or human resource to get my home phone # which i don't have one. My boss gis starting to get angry that this guy doesn't stop calling me at work and so am i.

• Vi
    Virginia Gomez Feb 23, 2007

Did you tell the people at walmart you were going through bankruptcy? From the moment you apply for bankruptcy all collection calls should of stopped, if not when they call you again you tell them you have filed for bankruptcy and give them your file#, Once you have done that, they are not allowed to call you again or they can be sued, let them know that too! As for your job, once you request the company to stop calling your job, they must stop or can also be sued. Write them a letter requesting they stop calling you at work, so you have proof that you told them, I hope this helps .

• Pa
    pay_your_bills Nov 03, 2009

If you had gotten a job and paid them, then they wouldn't have forwarded you to collections - if you can't afford it, then don't buy it. You deserve to be harrassed for trying to cheat them out of the money you owe them.

• Cb
    cbann12 Jun 12, 2016

i owe yall 100 dollars and are action like i owe a million dollars i gotta 1500 dollar check i cant cash if i pay the hundred are yall gonna take the hold off my name cause this is ridiculious im not a convict

does not carry wonderbar german bologne

After shopping 2 years at Walmart Super Store and ordering a pound of Wonderbar German Bologne every week this week they informed me they NO LONGER carry that brand. In the past they had mentioned how popular it was so it is to my dismay what happened. The Manager of the store said all Walmart's will not have it any longer. Why?

joe Mar 30, 2008

I have identical comments and feelings about WalMart in Stuart, FL.

There were many times that I could not get the Wonderbar because they were out! ! ! You would think they would carry a product that sells out all the time. Who are the EMPTY SUITS making these decisions???

• Wu
    Wunderbar Feb 09, 2009

Food lion definitely sells it, since Walmart isn't anymore...thats where I purchase my Wonderbar Bologna

• Wi
    William2 Jun 28, 2009

I think that it is a shame that when a person finds somthing really good like Wonderbar German Bologna that a great big store like Walmart has to discontinue it. I get so sick of things like this!!! Another thing, Walmart doesn't keep their shelves stocked like they should. Somestimes I go there for things like bread and they don't even have the brand I like.

The Big wiggs in Arkansas should think about trying to please the people instead of just lining their pockets.
    They keep raising prices all the time. What we pay for milk in there is just rediculous especially when it is supposed to be a discount store!!! We can always buy milk cheaper at the local convenience stores or at the gas station!!! Portage, IN

Resolved something is very wrong here!

For years my friends and I have been loyal Walmart customers. In the last two years we have been very...

walmart is a junk! don't buy gold/silver jewelry!

My wife, Maria, bought two sets of earrings at Walmart in upper Hamilton, Ontario, in October 2006 just before she left on a two month trip overseas... Since the items were in a bubble-pak, she could not try them on at the store, but took them with her overseas... When she went to try them on, the studs of the earrings turned out to be too short to make them useful for any more than notepad tacks, or, stud earrings for the gills of a fish...

Since, she was out of the country for more than a month, the store return policy is useless... Don't buy gold/silver jewelry at "Walmart" ! It's junk!

• Sh
    Sherry Carpenter Feb 05, 2007

I purchased a humidifier for my little boy's room. It worked properly for about four days before the water level stopped going down and began making noises that seemed potentially dangerous.

I took it back to their customer service department where I was promptly told that this was a seasonal item which they had sold out of. The clerk as if I had the box it came it or a receipt. Well, I didn't purchase the item expecting it to malfunction, so no..I had neither of those items. I wasn't asking for my money to be returned, I just wanted another humidifier. If they had no more of the same kind in stock, I would take another brand and simply pay the difference. I was basically told "sucks to be you".

So, from now on.I'll go to Target to buy any appliance type merchandise because Wal-Mart evidently believes that I should count on anything I buy from them to be faulty, therefore I should keep the box and the receipt in just such a case.

Hey, Walmart Corporation..you've lost touch with the people who make your business run successfully. Target stores and other discount stores thank you for your willingness to admit you sell worthless CRAP!

• Da
    Dawni Apr 16, 2007

I hate to say this but I think both of your complaints are BS !!

EVERYONE knows that Wal-Mart will basically take back ANYTHING sometimes including items they dont even sell.

I personally have seen this done. And though their 90 day policy on returns is in place, its just a general idea and on most occasions the stores will at a minimum issue a gift card for the exchange price. However, it is ultimately the CONSUMERS responsibility to keep your receipts, therefore whining about taking an item back when you yourself haven't been responsible just makes your claims even more childish. Hypocritical is the word Im thinking. Dont b**ch and moan if you dont take your own responsibility as well.

If you had come into such a situation as you say, all you had to do was insist on speaking to an Assistant Manager, or someone above them. Wal-Mart mgt will all but bend over backwards to keep the customers coming back.

Ive seen a customer return a $200 kayack to our store with no reciept and the MGT told the service desk to give them CASH BACK... turns out the kayack wasnt sold at our store but at a local outdoor supply company in town.

I just saw the other day... receipts for a return done on a $345 XBox console... no receipt... CASH BACK

So maybe the store where you went gave you a hard time, or maybe the cashier seriously had an issue, but thing is if you had taken responsibility and asked for MGT (not CSM or dept mngrs) You might have received your exchanges..a store gift card (which with no receipt, the store is only obligated to give you the SALE price of the item) and or even CASH BACK.

Keep in mind, dude with the earrings...some items are considered to be health risks and may not be returnable...and you probably shouldve found a different way to get your money back such as contacting the company that made the earrings. Once again it comes down to the customer being ultimately responsible in their actions as well. Ask your wife if she would want to buy a pair of earrings, that someone else had placed in their ears first... thats just disgusting. And if she didnt take the time to look at the back of the stubs, which on most packaging Ive ever seen, you can clearly see the sizing of the posts..some are made shorter on purpose for smaller children and or those with skinnier earlobes, then I cant imagine she has a complaint to stand on. I cant imagine earrings that weren't clearly accessible for her to see, and are wrapped in bubble packaging weren't very costly in the first place and she should take her $3 gold plated crap and be happy, shes got some cute little notepad tacks... right ?

RESPONSIBILITY !! Think about it people !!

• Je
    Jen Apr 16, 2007

Anything anyone buys from walmart is junk. If it's a walmart specific brand, it's junk. Walmart stinks.

• Pa
    patty Jun 16, 2007

Walmart merchandise is exactly what it is... quality wise and pricewise. Shoppers should not expect to purchase "high end jewelry" at a Walmart store. High end jewelry involves a lot of craftmanship... e.g diamonds must be cut to certain specifications, metals of the highest quality must be used in design of the item ..."craftmanship and design", not mass produced materials "that just barely pass quality control inspection". I am not surprised that the jewelry purchased did not meet the client's expectations.

NONE Nov 01, 2008

first of all, I want to agree with dawni.
    I have NEVER had an issue returning something at walmart.
    well, I shoudn't say never had an "issue" but I've NEVER been refused.
    They DO take EVERYTHING back REGARDLESS of reciept, timeframe, price, and within reason, condition of product. You can almost destroy a product and return it for exchange or full refund.

I bought a book for my mother for her birthday. I got confused about the author's name, and ended up buying a harlequin book. I got home before I realized it was the wrong author, and went back to exchange it. The cashier gave me a rediculously hard time returning it. (I blame PMS, cuz she was a real ###. I think I got her fired that day too. I've never seen her again.) I refused to accept "no" for an answer, as I had only been in possession of the book for 2 hours. Their policy is not to return reading materials as you can read them, and no longer have use for it. Walmart is not a library! However, after speaking to the CSM (who I found out was as useless as the cashier in the first place), then speaking to the store's GM, they concluded I couldn't have read an entire novel in 2 hours and decided to give me a gift card instead of cash, even though I had a reciept.

I have also bought headphones, used them for 3 or 4 months, broke them, and exchanged them for "defect".

I also was doing some returns at a few stores, and I had bought diapers at zellers when they were on sale. I bought 5 boxes. my kid outgrew them by the end of box 4. so I had a box of diapers that were too small for him now. I knew they were from zellers, but figured I'd try to exchange them at walmart.
    The cashier scanned them, barcode of course did not register in their system. She says to me: "are you sure you bought them here?" I said "no, not sure at all." she said "ok. I'll have to give you last sale price, on a gift card. is that ok?" I said "could I just exchange them for same product but bigger size?" she says "sure. you can go pick the product and bring it back here, and I'll swap it for you."

I have also managed to weasel my way into returning opened console games. its a rather easy exploit. Buy it, burn it. take it back, say it doesn't work. they exchange it for a new 1 NOT opened. Now the tricky part. Lose your reciept, and return it w/o reciept. they give you gift card. buy something new.

So to conclude, Walmart may sell "cheap" products, but they sell them at a "cheap" price. Dont expect EVERYTHING in that store to last a lifetime. You get what you pay for! but also dont knock them. its probably the best store in terms of customer service on the planet.

I had an issue at zellers. I wanted to return something I bought the day before WITH a reciept.
    they refused to give me cash because I paid with my debit card.
    or rather, I paid with my WIFE's Debit card.
    I did not have my wife's debit card on me, and she wasn't with me. they refused to return it. they said I could exchange it, or take store credit, OR they could refund it to the SAME Debit card.
    I told them to refund it to MY card, because we have a joint bank account, so it makes absolutely NO difference. I spoke to 2 managers who basically told me to go F**k my hat.

you wanna knock a store, knock zellers.

Resolved wal-mart's return policy sucks!

I recently purchased a desktop from walmart and decided I wanted to take it back 22 days later. The box to...

Resolved biased return policy!

I have been a loyal walmart customer for over 20 years, spending thousands of dollars there. In that amount...

cancelling the layaway program

Walmart, locations in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas in Pennsylvania

I am rather upset with Walmart's policy to end the layaway program. I just noticed this change while shopping at the Robinson Township Pennsylvania location.

This really upset me and let me explain why. How many single parents, elderly, people with minimum wage jobs, people at or just above the federal poverty level shop at Walmart? I am sure a very large percentage of their customers. What happens to that single parent at Christmas that cannot afford to write out a large check to buy presents? They utilize the layaway program so they can pay a little each month. What about the minimum wage worker who may need some larger ticket items, television, maybe large household items such as tables, chairs, bedding etc? Can they afford to write out a large check all at once? No, because they need to pay rent, utilities, food etc but they can afford a little each month. The elderly who may want to purchase expensive items, if they are only receiving social security how can they afford to pay for such items? They can't. I cannot imagine even the Walmart store employees not utilizing the layaway program because lord knows they are not making much higher than minimum wage.

I just feel the more and more companies are forgetting about the little guy and it is time the CEO's who make millions realize that all of america is not wealthy, many live paycheck to paycheck and by eliminating some services they greatly affect many people. I hope this complaint actually does some justice and it is read by many people who will flood Walmart with complaints and they will change their minds.

• Am
    Amanda Currie Feb 27, 2007

I have to agree with this. My mother always had to put stuff on layaway when I was growing up. Now, what are parents supposed to do? Save up and just hope that maybe the stores will still have the "it" toy of the season the week before Christmas/birthday/etc.? Most wal-mart shoppers go to walmart because they can't afford other places (myself included).

• St
    Stacy Bomba Mar 27, 2008

I too think the Lay Away plan being cancelled was a great disservice. You can barely get around without a credit card. The world is in too much debt because of companies like this.
    Their service and system sucks bad. I have quit buying from them.

lcyoro Jun 23, 2009

You start a Christmas fund for your purchases. What's wrong with that? One of the reasons Layaway is gone is because people would either stop paying on it 2 months later or change their mind and cancel There is not enough room to hold these items as people want more variety of product and that takes more room. Plus, after people decide they don't want it, it might be out of season or discontinued and then the store has to mark it down.

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Jun 23, 2009

At My wal-mart before the layaway stopped we had someone who paid $700 roughly for a television. He said he had no room for it so it was later returned, repurchased and put on layaway he paid a dollar less. It took six months of calling to get him to pick up the television.

Then we had an incident where the security guard would steal Nintendo Wii's from employees, the employees would get a refund since they were scarce and none was left. He would resell the stolen Wii's at half price. They later found out what was going on and matched the identification numbers.

lcyoro - The Wal-marts in Canada were different, we never allowed Layaway on seasonal items, but we got rid of Layaway for the same reasons you did.

lcyoro Jun 24, 2009

Trevorr - In seasonal items I was refering to something like clothing. I would understand not putting Halloween costumes on Layaway! lol! As for the thievery going on, I just don't see how these things are not caught a heck of a lot sooner. "They" say "everything is on camera", so I why aren't they caught? You would think with the Telxon and everything that they would notice quicker. At least on something so scarce as the Wii. But then, we don't have security guards, either. And only 2 people check in the high dollar stuff and then they bring it directly to the department. So if anything is missing, the first place to look would be the 2 people checking it in.

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Jun 24, 2009

whose kenny?

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Jun 24, 2009

Ha we had a manager stealing for years till she was caught. Because they all liked her (home office)instead of pressing charges and firing her they asked her to quit.

lcyoro Jun 24, 2009

Yeah, we had an Assistant Manager fired for "Integrity issues". And for almost a year, no one got their MyShare bonuses and a hiring freeze. I heard the regional manager got fired for embezzling. Some how that affected the bonuses. So i don't understand why Walmart didn't make good on those bonuses and issue them to the associates that worked hared for them! I wouldn't have gotten any of them anyway as I was a recent hire. Some people are only honest to a oint, then see an opening and steal like hell! You would think there would be many safeguards for this!

store #0906 manager eric holmes

We have shopped in your store from the beginning of when it first opened in Gallup, New Mexico years ago.

We have found your prices and items to be well below the other stores. As far as food items we shopped at A Albertson's before Wal-Mart opened. Safeway always has been highest followed by Albertson's. Once in awhile we go to Safeway for meat that is on sale in which they carry good meat.

As far as clothing there is very little choice Penny's which is high.

When they put up the super I thought with 17 or more check out stations there would be little wait in lines. On an average as far as 20 or more items there is only about 6 that are open except on Holidays. Last evening at 8:30 PM we stood in line for at least 30 to 40 minutes. We started in one line then they shut it down and had to start all over. My wife who has had a bypass and diabetic and both of us are up in age. There were other elderly people who were waiting longer than us A supervisor finally came around and apologized stating that some checkers had called in sick on account of the long weekend. This may be true but I would think that they would have extra checkers that could alleviate this. Safeway calls up checkers from the back when there lines get backed up. Last night they were baked up in the isles and down the isles. This isn't the first time that this has happened but numerous times.

We spend on the average of at least $300.00 per week at your store and with the amount of business there is I think that this store could well afford to take care of their customers better. What I think is that the manager is trying to make a bigger bonus and a feather in his hat at the expense of the customers.
I don't know if I have ever seen him. I have seen a young blond haired guy which looks like had authority running around but I have no idea who he is.He isn't very friendly with the customers.

I hope that this will be looked into and straightened out and not tossed aside. If not you will hear from me again.

Mary Darling May 15, 2009

When I first started shopping at the Super WalMarts I thought the meat prices were great and the meat was fresh. Well I have found out differently. The pre packaged meat is treated with Carbon Dioxide to keep it from turning brown and making the shelf life longer. On the shelf date the meat is sent back to be ground up. Ever wonder why the hamburg meat is brown in the middle? the old is mixed with the new. I spend about $500.00 per monthon meat for our family. Well I don't spend it at Wal Mart anymore. I go to HEB or a local butcher. I would suggest you don't buy meat there either

lcyoro Jun 23, 2009

There are no "cashiers in the back". Walmart runs a tight ship. When people call in, there are no stand=bys. That's why they call them "weekends". Plus everyone already has their alotted hours and if someone DID by chance want to come it to work, they can't. What I would suggest is to plan your shopping trips for the less shopped hours. Never on a weekend, though!

very negative experience

Wadsworth Ohio, Smart Style salon... hair color. I had a very negative experience with an inexperienced stylist yesterday. I went to Wal-mart for a highlight, mostly blonde color service. I believe the girls name is Krizy the managers name is Sandy.

Anyway, she colored my hair, washed it and cut it. As she was drying it she realized there was spots on my hair that she missed and needed to "fix" them. I thought that was fine , the colored seemed ok. She "fixed" the spot . As she dried my hair I saw that my hair was terrible, the top layer was fine, but upon pulling my hair back it looked like tiger stripes. The manager was at a workstation directly next to hers, never looked through it to check, she actually seemed apathetic to my hair and the situation period. The Stylist was so nervous about how long it was taking, and I kept telling her I did not care just that I wanted the color right. She "finished" and I went home. I looked in the mirror and pulled my hair up and it still looked horrible. I called them back, got the manager, who still seemed to not care.

By the way, when the young lady went to mix up more color this manager confided that the young lady was just out of school, not at all very experienced. Nice to tell me , huh? I went back and those two had gone home the manager and stylist. Three other girls were there and looked at my hair with horror. One girl tried to fix my hair as best she could. Although she was telling me how it was really time for her to go but she was going to work on me anyway. After all day at that salon my hair was "fixed", it is way too blonde and I will probably fix it myself. I am never stepping in that shop again, and I suggest no one else shouls either.

• La
    Laura Berg Aug 14, 2006

WHY oh WHY??? did you even go to WallyWorld for a hair service anyway?????? Yikes!! May as well just walk into Cost Cutters or Fantastic Sam's. OMG. I would NEVER trust any newbie, in a "salon" like those, to do my hair---especially color! Well, I guess you have to live & learn.

• Cy
    Cynthia Rogers Jan 11, 2007

I went to my local Wal-mart Houston Texas off Sam Houston Park Way to get a perm. When I walked in the door The sign states $39.00 so I did the perm.But when I went to pay I was told it was $50.00 plus $30.00 extra for a Hair cut. and extra for a cond. So when I left I had payed more than the posted price of 39.00. And I was told that Black women got ( relaxer ) and that cost more How ever there is no sign in the salon that states this. I fell that this is racist.Because if you were to but the kit on your own it's $8.00 White or Back people Hair. And the sign states 12.00 for a hair cut. Then why was I charged $30.00.

Jaclyn Williams Jun 19, 2007

Walmart + Salon = disaster... that should be common sense people... you get what you pay for! We all go to Walmart to save money... well, the same thing goes for Salons inside as well...

• Ra
    ramm777stein Dec 12, 2007

Everything about walmart in my opinion is negative!

don't shop at wallmart!

I purchased a CarFreshener air freshener for my truck. It reacted with my dashboard and caused damage to my...