The Home Depotinstalled inferior product than what was presented to me

B

I paid Home Depot to install new fencing. The material used is not the same as the sample that the Home Depot employee showed me when he first visited my home to give me an estimate. I was shown 2 samples of wood. One was much thicker, and looked like it had been sanded as it was smooth. The other sample was thinner and very rough. I choose the heavier, better quality, sanded wood sample. However, the wood that they installed looks like the lesser quality sample. The product installed is inferior quality vs. what I was shown. I contacted Home Depot’s corporate office and received a letter from their Customer Care person refusing to do anything.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />I believe what they have done is fraudulent in that I was shown one product, but a different, lesser quality product was installed.
I am going to report them to the Texas Attorney General, BBB and FTC, and every review site that I can find on the internet. People should be warned about this company.

• Je
    Jerry W Smith Jan 19, 2016

The cooler stays at 69 degrees, it will not reset. Some one said it needs a new relay, where can I get one or does anyone have a cure for this problem. Its 7 years old and should last for many more years.I paid $431.92 in 08.

• Vi
    Vickey Alexander Jun 14, 2015

My father is older and purchased a Husky a few years ago. He had never used it because he had become ill and it sat in his basement unused all this time. I have been taking care of him and thought that I would surprise him by cleaning his patio and wood awning. Plugged the unit in and started working on the wood, was impressed how well it got it clean, but after an hour of spraying the gun started gushing out water, causing the pressure to decrease significantly. I opened it and saw the o-rings were split. Went to Ace and found that the 0-rings are not a typical size so looked on line to order more when I started reading all this negative information about the unit. I know it was sitting around for a few years but come on???? Are the guns really that shoddy that they can't handle more than an hour's use? My father was just sick to see what a horrible unit this is and to know how much he paid for it. I think this company should have done a recall instead of bilking it's customers out of their hard earned money for the unit and repair parts. Now I have a half done project and need figure out how I am going to get another unit (renting or purchasing) to finish the job. I refuse to buy any replacement parts from this company after reading all of the issues these washers have. I am afraid it I pay money for a new gun, something else will go and it will be an endless process of repairing this POS!

mad wife of employee Jun 01, 2015

Why is it that my hubby works for home depot and they have a company picnic but he can't bring his family was told he cab only come. Kinda stupid!!

Towncrier Jun 07, 2014

Determined that the backflow valve that feeds the soap dispenser is defective and forces water under pressure to the selector knob. The hose that I mentioned replacing in my previous comment is slightly oversized, so any amount of backpressure causes the hoses to come loose. There is a spring, ball bearing, and o-ring inside the aluminum nipple that attaches to the hose that runs to the selector knob. I found that the o-ring had somehow worked loose. Unfortunately, this is not a part that you can order separately. I am tempted to fill the valve with epoxy and forego the soap dispenser feature. That way I might be able to get another year or two out of my Husky before I kick it to the curb.

Towncrier Jun 04, 2014

Replacement knob was $12 (plus $12 shipping and handling). I installed the knob and, when I turned on the unit, one of the hoses to the manifold blew off the soap switch and the unit was spraying water everywhere (except where I wanted it to go). I reattached the hose with a clamp, reassembled the unit, and the same thing happened, only this time the other end of the hose blew off. I am hesitant to clamp the other end of the hose as I now suspect that the original problem was that the switch that turns off the electric motor when 1800PSI is reached is no longer operational and that is the original reason that the selector knob blew off. I will check the switch tonight and if I still have problems, the unit is going out with the trash. I probably should have done that in the first place.

Towncrier Jun 04, 2014

Purchased the new knob for $12 (plus $12 shipping). Installed last night. Hoses keep blowing off various connections inside the unit. I assume that the reason the first knob blew off was due to over pressure. Perhaps the switch that shuts off the electric motor when the unit reaches 1800 PSI is no longer operational. One more try tonight, then out to the curb for the trash collector.

Towncrier May 27, 2014

The soap dispenser has never worked correctly. The first time I disassembled the unit, I discovered that when the unit was manufactured, one of the cover screws went right through the hose from the soap reservoir to the selector knob. I repaired that and had moderate success with the soap dispenser. I have had the unit apart countless times to reattach the internal hoses. The last time I decided to use a hose clamp. Not sure if that caused the problem, but the next time I used the unit, the soap knob shot off the front of the unit and halfway across the yard. I forced the knob back on, and now the unit leaks like a sieve and does not shut off when you release the trigger on the spray gun. Not sure if I should spend the money to buy a new soap dispenser knob assembly or simply try to bypass that "feature".

• Be
    BEEFMAN May 26, 2014

My Husky power washer is also a piece of garbage. Nothing but problems after the first year. I have used it four or five times to clean my boat, that's it. Motor keeps running, no real water pressure, gun leaks water from all over. A real piece of crap. It is time to start demanding better products, not cheaper ones. If all we want is CHEAP, that's what we are going to get.

• Ka
    kathy drenga Apr 19, 2014

OK, I too have a problem with this power washer and called the number above from Nicki. Come to find out, they gave me another number to call which is Husky. Wait for it... Home Depot "OWNS" Husky! Maybe that is why no one is getting anywhere with their phone calls? I guess it is Lowes from now on.

[email protected]

• HomeDepot_Care Jan 13, 2014

We apologize for the problems with your Husky product.
    If you have not already called our Husky Customer Care line at [protected], please do so now so our team can jump in to assist.
    Thank you very much.

- Nicki
    Home Depot Social Media Resolution Expediter
    Home Depot Customer Care

• Ju
    Judy VA Jan 08, 2014

Do I ever wish I had seen this complaint board before buying a 2000psi Husky powerwasher from Home Depot. At the time, it was a splurge, but I trusted Home Depot and the representative in that dept recommended it. Ugh! I used it once - and the next time I went to use it the washer had split so I bought new washers. Not a big deal but now I went to use it again a few months ago and the GFCI is not working. Why should I be paying more to pay to fix something that I've barely used?! Someone above called it a paperweight, I agree, I am so frustrated with this, the worst purchase ever in my life, by far. I should've rented a pressure washer from the local equipment rental place, would have been much more economical. Argh.

• Mw
    MWarnock May 25, 2013

I bought a Husky 1800 and used it once. It was great. It was quiet, and powerful enough to do the job. The next time I used it was about one year later and it wouldn't get up to pressure. I'm just now trying to trouble shoot it, thinking it's probably something simple. These posts are getting me worried.

Tom55 Aug 21, 2012

I called this number from their post "Please contact us at [protected] or [email protected] Reference this positing when you make contact and we will resolve this issue to your full satisfaction." and got a recording, "D241 test successful." I think a real phone number would help. Thanks, No. Calif.

• Do
    domst Jul 28, 2012

My hose sprung a leak and I need to know how to remove the old hose and replace it

• Ca
    captv2 Jul 10, 2012

Wow! Reading these comments confirms my fear that I wasted my money on an inferior product. I used the machine two times and it stopped working. GFI tripped and won't reset. Probably not a big repair but I was unable to find a repair business that would even trouble shoot the machine. Home Depot should drop this product from thier inventory.
    Disgusted in San Diego

• Au
    ausnbreezy Jun 23, 2012

I had EXACTLY the same problems with mine. I bought it brand new from Home Depot. Used it only one time then stored it in my garage. Next season... no pressure. Put it back into the garage again. Next try... No power... Reset the plug and still no power. One last try, I had power and a tiny stream. This thing is awful. I wished that I had went with a different machine, for sure. It is still in the garage. I have found a great repair video on youtube, but I am unsure where to start with its list of problems. I just hate to toss it, if it can be repaired...

MauiAL51 Jun 19, 2012

Really not helpful to post a link to a private video that no one can watch.

NobleTinMan Jun 19, 2012

please check out...

JameyDuck Jun 14, 2012

Alright. Bought a Husky PSI 1800 electric power washer for home use about 3-4 years ago. Today was the 4th time to use it, after no previous problems. I had used it twice on the driveway and once on the patio. Between uses, it was drained and stored inside the garage in SE Texas, so there was no exposure to harsh weather or freezing. I took it out today to PW the patio. Low pressure. I unfurled the water hose to be sure of no kinks and double checked the connections. Still low pressure. The motor sounded fine, but I didn't hear the pump engage. All I was able to get was a stream with little more pressure than a garden hose with a squeeze nozzle. The machine was perfectly fine last year when I used it and then put it away. I'm angry and frustrated that it only allowed me three uses prior to this. I've got a 24 year old microwave that's still working perfectly, which cost less than this pressure washer. Three uses??? Disappointed and disgusted.

• Ha
    haeinc Jun 10, 2012

i'll second all the bad features of this piece of, what an engineering disaster.

• Pr
    Pressure Washer 1800 Jun 07, 2012

We decided to get the power washer out and spray off the porch. Wrong we had to trouble shoot the problem and thenfound out it wasn't the motor it was something inside that was needed to be moved to engage the motor and start the sprayer. Do we have to take it apart and then get it to work . People pay good hard earned money to have a product that they can rely on. I would like to know what husky can do for us considering the product is a purchase of 2009 and Home Depot is a carrier of that product. This is a product use occasionally and in time of need to be dependable . What can you do for us Husky I would like to know

• Investigative guy May 21, 2012

The washers are defective and Hope Depot knows it. Home Depot has seen countless consumer complaints about the Husky line but has done nothing about it.if you have been stuck with one of these defective washers send us your story
    send to [email protected] Also read all our scam busting stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com/

• Cu
    CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM Apr 24, 2012

Greetings Valued Customer,
    I am a Customer Srvice Representative at the Husky Power Washer Company .Please accept my apology for the issue you experienced with your Husky 2000S pressure washer.
    Please contact us at 888.550.160 or [email protected] or at www.huskypowerwasher.com.
    Please reference posting # NE04161201, when you make contact and we will resolve this issue to your full satisfaction.
    Husky Customer Care Team.

• Dj
    DJM in AB FL Apr 23, 2012

Just used mine for the 6th or 7th time. Suddenly there is very little pressure and water is leaking out of the unit. This is the second one I have owned. I'm was sucked in by the low price but I guess you get what you pay for!!!

Avoid Husky!

• Al
    alky Mar 25, 2012

how do i replace existing wand with another that's a turbo lance?

• Ro
    Rob125 Feb 29, 2012

About 2 years ago, I purchased a Husky 1600 hydro Surge (high pressure 1600 PSI 1.4 GPM, high flow 2.5 GPM). After about 18 months the machine stopped functioning. I looked for the receipt, but could not find, I have resorted troubleshoot to try to identify the problem . However, Husky has a lousy website, it does not even include any Hydro Surge washers. When I Plug the machine into the outlet and turn on the switch on the nothing happens until I hit the reset button on the plug switch. Then I get a green light on signal on the machine on button (Black), but the motor does not start even when I press the high flow button (red) and reset. Husky has lousy tech support also. Look for another brand. Husky ratchet wrenches are also garbage, your lucky if you get a couple of uses before you realize, you can only tighten screws. There is also another complaint board on Complaint Wire http://complaintwire.org/complaint/nIgBAAAAAAA/husky-power-washer/.

• Investigative guy Feb 20, 2012

Yes it is true the Husky power wash models are junk and Home Depot knows it.The flaws keep appearing and no one has stood up and demanded full refunds.If you have purchased a Husky washer from Home Depot and got no satisfaction re repairs ., ell us your story
    e mail us
    at [email protected]
    see all our consumers stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com

• Dc
    DCHomeowner Feb 15, 2012

On Saturday, I finally threw this piece of junk in the trash, and smiled. I bought the Husky 1800 in 2009. It immediately started having problems. The gun began leaking so badly that there was more water going into my face than on what I was trying to clean. The options given to me by Custoomer Service: Buy a new gun at $40. Then, the GCFI circuit failed. Last weekend, the unit would begin to pump, then cut out. Enough already. I'm buying another brand and will never buy one of these again!

• Co
    Correllbil Oct 06, 2011

I have a Husky Power Washer 1800S that I purchased in 2004. I was using the washer to wash my deck and I went inside for a few minutes. I forgot to turn off the power. When I returned, I found the unit running and water pouring out of the unit. I dissembled the unit and found that the water inlet had overheated and deformed. I contacted Husky and they sent me a new water inlet. The washer had worked ok until this year and I now need to rebuild the pump. I guess you can say that I have gotten good service from the washer.

• Ke
    kevin 212 Oct 05, 2011

i had the same problem i just rent my equipment now

jane Kwiatkowski Oct 05, 2011

I bought a Husky 1800psi also from Home Depot. Used a few times and the water started pouring from the pump area. It was only 2 months old. I took it back to HD and they gave me another one brand new. I now have that one about a year and this one is doing the same thing. You can't return items to HD after 90days and get your money back. So what can I do now? I have a power washer that has hardly any pressure because of the leak and I desperately need one because my basement flooded from Tropical storm Lee and now I"m stuck with this broken one. Someone please help me

• Kr
    K.Rollinson Sep 23, 2011

I really feel bad for all of us who purchased a Husky Power washer in hopes of actually maintaining our homes only to find we all purchased a piece of junk! Shame on Husky and Home Depot I will never do business with either company again!

• Hu
    Husky Power Washer 1600PSI Sep 22, 2011

September 22, 2011.
    A Canadian customer and frustrated that Home Depot would sell a product that can't be serviced. The Husky Company is equally guilty of selling a product that con't be serviced. Tha is not how to build lasting relationships - or does that matter anymore.
    David

• Je
    Jeffrey Gresham Sep 06, 2011

I purchased an electric model HU80220 Husky Pressure Washer less than two years ago and it failed yesterday after working great the day before. I called the service number and they gave me an authorized service representative in my area. I called him and he stated that they only service the gasoline models. I looked on the www.huskypowerwasher.com web site and they don't even list my model at all. I guess this piece of equipment is now trash. Thanks HD and Husky!!!

Jeff Gresham, Virginia Beach, VA

• Kr
    K.Rollinson Sep 04, 2011

Hey "Investigative Guy" all of our stories are right here! Why not just use them to expose the scam!? Why do you need us to email you our stories, so you can get, expose, or sell our email addresses?

Talk about a scam!

• Investigative guy Sep 01, 2011

Yes is it bad luck you ALL had Husky power washers fall apart? No why do you think Home Depot and Husky have such short warranties ? They know they are making and selling machines with a short very short life.. Well John Mattes Investigative guy here.We love to expose such scams.If you have had one of the many Husky models fall apart email us your story to [email protected] WE bust scams. To see more scam busting stories go to Investigativeguy.com

• Go
    GoranB Aug 27, 2011

I wish I read these postings before I bought into this scam by Home Depot and Husky. This product needed to be recalled for its many faults. I don't have time to mess with it. It's going straight to garbage as I'm sure most of them are. I would participate in a lawsuit against the manufacturer.

• Lh
    Lhouslet Aug 21, 2011

when I bought my Husky from HD it was great and I liked it a lot but soon ofter using it the hand unit started leaking and that caused the motor and pump to short cycle and I am afraid this will give me a short service life from a nice machine. Plus I always have a wet foot from the leek. Is there some how I can save my investment in what was a nice machine.

• Mi
    miffedmax Aug 14, 2011

I too am having the same issue with blown out o-rings in the handle of the husky 1600 power washer I purchased at Home Depot (which I used once). Contacted Home Depot to be informed they only have a 90 return policy. Contacted Husky online to be informed they only warranty their product for 90 days. I think I initially paid $100 for the unit and a replacement wand is nearly $50. Really?! I went to my local hardware store and purchase o-rings to replace the damaged one and the others alike. Put it back together worked great...until i released the trigger and the pressure blew out the o-ring again. Reading the above complaints about the replacement wands failing after only a couple of uses, has removed all consumer confidence in the name Husky. If Husky thinks that I am going to purchase a case of [disposable] wands to keep on using their product to clean my 10x12 patio twice a year they are sorely mistaken. It is apparent to me by all these complaints that there is a design flaw, but they won't recall their product. I remember a time when customer satisfaction meant something. Kudos to you Husky, you ripped-off another customer.

• Df
    dfboll Jul 30, 2011

I bought a Husky 1800 at Home Depot 2 years ago. Washed a small deck twice before this terrible piece of consumer technology quit working. Followed directions to the letter. I'm not a mechanical or electrical engineer so some of the trouble shooting suggestions are over my head. Have used a friends power washer several times since with no problems at all. It is also an 1800 psi but a different manufacturer. No way will I ever buy another Husky product. Stay clear of this one folks.