2200 Riverstone Blvd, Canton, GA, 30114, US
Fri:6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat:6:00 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Home Depotdefective item

I just purchased a Gas Powered Home lite Weed Trimmer from the Home Depot store in Canton, Georgia.
I used it one time and it would not stay cranked so I took it back to exchange it well I though this want take long I will exchange it go home and finish the yard work. Well it did not work that way instead the return specialist would not exchange, return or refund the item. I ask to speak to the Manager on Duty his name is Matt he said sorry he could not exchange the defective item.I then called the Customer Service at Home Depot to have the issue corrected. His name was Vincent he put me on hold for several minutes then return and told me he spoke to the store manager on duty his name is Matt he would not exchange or offer a refund. I have since got a E-Mail from Home Depot saying they was sorry for the confusion and they would give me a 20.00 Gift Card and I could rent a Weed Trimmer from the rental department but still no exchange or refund. I am only letting other Consumers know that they are taking a gamble buying any Gas Powered piece of equipment from Home Depot because they could careless about customer satisfaction This was all over a 99 Dollar Weed Trimmer. consumer be aware of Home Depot Return Policy on Gas Powered Equipment!

• Sn
      snifflesnake Dec 09, 2013

Let me guess, you didn't have a receipt and paid cash? Gas powered equipment must have a receipt AND be returned within 30 days. Otherwise you can have it repaired which may or may not be at your expense depending on two factors: have a receipt to prove purchase date and that you didn't misuse it. All of this same information is on Home Depot's posted return policy including a small blurb on your receipt. Can your further elaborate on these issues?

• Bl
      blame the parents here Nov 25, 2013

"Why did they refuse to replace it? Did you violate the terms of the warranty in some way? If so, how? "

looks like the OP "forgot" to add that part in this review.

• The weed Trimmer is still Brand new used one time it will not stay running I just wanted to exchange it for one that works.
      Yes I am confused why they will not accept the exchange. I guess it is the store managers at that location they are Matt and Eric they are very hard to deal with they even tell The Home Depot Customer Relations what to do.

• I bet if they had a issue with something they purchased it would have been a different story.
      Home Depot in Canton Georgia stay away they have very poor Customer Service. Instead of having 20 People ask you every time you walk into the Store can I help you why not really help someone instead of just saying it over and over. It does get old after a while.