Complaints & Reviews

Telkomfor 2 weeks they have been escalating the problem and 3 supervisors have been investigating no one has replied

We moved to Hartbeespoortdam in May this year. As a happy Telkom I ordered my line. The line was installed in June. The line worked but ADSL which was applied for did not. The technician was not qualified to work on ADSL lines so he left. The next technician never arrived. The call centre said the technician left as no one was home. I never left home. I phoned his cell and he got lost. I drove to fetch him. He was also not qualified to work on the ADSL line. At last a technician did arrive. It worked when he left, but we noticed a paperclip stuck in the socket we left it as it was working. 4 weeks ago the paperclip fell out as I am sure they do. The line had a noise, and kept on dropping the ADSL connection. I bought a new filter as suggested. The noise got worse. The technician worked on the line on 17 Sept it worked for a few days but went dead. Nothing has worked for 3 weeks. I speak to Telkom 2-3 times a day. No one has been here or phoned. for 2 weeks they have been escalating the problem and 3 supervisors have been investigating no one has replied. I use my cell at huge cost to run my business.

Telkom SAshocking attitude from lebo, a supervisor

Sanlam leases an ADSL line in Jhb and reported that the line is faulty before 9 am on Wednesday 30 September. We phoned every day, explaining that we run an online business and got the same lame excuses and shocking attitude from Lebo who is supposed to be the supervisor. When I asked to escalate the problem he gave me a wrong tel number for a Reget Segal, whom I cannot find.

• Ki
        Kitty Kat07 May 26, 2011

I am from a telecommunications company that is Telkom independent and can take away your pain. We provide Voice over Internet with excellent voice quality which will save you an average of 30% on your current Telkom monthly bill. We can also provide faster, reliable internet through ADSL and wireless connection and we can also boost your ADSL speed to 4Mb or more. You can call me on [protected] (Katlego), will be looking forward to hearing from you.
        Guaranteed Quality of service

• Zi
        Zinia100% May 27, 2011

Why suffer with Telkom when you can have advanced line of sight technology for you business? We at Zinia have already solved internet business problems with Telkom cable theft in Chamdor and we'd happy to do the same for you.
        Wireless internet solutions from Zinia- your pathway to a better connection.
        www.zinia.co.za
        [protected]
        -Margarita.

Telkomthe call centre was rude and had a take it or leave it attitude

I am trying to upgrade from one Internet Package to bigger package. This can only be done by cancelling the one Package before 20H00 on the last day of the month and then to contact Telkom on the first day of the next month requesting the activation of the new package. Should you contact them to do this transaction at the same time you will be billed for both packages in full for the month. The call centre was rude and had a take it or leave it attitude.

TelkomI am extremely disappointed

My Service was suspended for 'non-Payment'. The non payment situation was caused by paying my account on time making use of the Telkom website's credit card payment facility. I received an SMS confirming that the payment was made from my credit card. Assuming that all is well, I was stunt to find my service suspended. Apparently Telkom somehow managed to reverse the credit card payment.

I then made the payment again but had to wait until the accounts department was back at work the following day. No 24 hour service at Telkom. At 08:00 the next day I phoned 10210 and the agent told me that he can see the payment and that the service will be re-activated. Later back at home the service was still suspended. This time I was advised that payments take 3 - 48 hours to reflect on the TELKOM system and that 48 hours did not yet pass.

To top it off, just a few days ago I topped up my ADSL bandwidth by paying for another Gig of data. If you do not use this data before month end you lose it. So now I do not have a telephone or internet service for 48 hours and to top it off I will lose all the data I paid for as well.

Does this sound like great service? I am extremely disappointed.

Telkom SAI am unable to download e-mails larger that 2 mb

Since the recent upgrade of Telkom's e-mail suite to “Zimbra” I have been unable to download e-mails larger than 2 MB (Timeout Error). I made the mistake of contacting Telkom support on 10215, what a waste of my time; the agent introduced himself as 'Job' and he could not even perform that. After a lengthy explanation and attempts from my side to make him understand the problem, the solution provided by the 'EXPERT' he consulted was, not to receive such big e-mails. I requested to speak to the 'expert' and was kept holding on, after 20 min of holding on I eventually put the phone down, none the wiser with regards to the error I’m receiving. I know Telkom will not bother to listen to my complaint even if management got a hold of this complaint, what I can stress thought is Telkom must count their blessings, there are alternative suppliers out there and I for one will make it my priority to find an alternative service provider and to discourage others from ending up with the same frustration of 'Poor Service'. Telkom you will lose roughly R800.00 a month from myself, and more from others, I know this won’t lead to your to your financial ruin but remember the drops fills the bucket!!

Telkom SAonly recently, have I received phone calls from their laywers wanting to collect outstanding amounts due

I had a Telkom account 3 years ago now. Only recently, have I received phone calls from their laywers (2 different firms) wanting to collect outstanding amounts due! I have explained in a lengthly letter what the situatiuon was surrounding that. Basically I had moved to a new house, and wanted Telkom to set up a line there. For various reasons they were not able to, but continued to charge me rental for a line and telephone account. I was not using it Telkom! I cancelled the account at a Telkom shop as soon as I found out Telkom had no infrastructure in my new area. Seriously, take me off you list for non-payment, and get your laywers off my back. It seems when one firm was not able to take any action, you handed me over to the next firm. Sort this out now please, I don't have time for this incompetence. I can't even remember what my telephone number was, it was so long ago!

Telkom ADSLpoor service - still not rectified after 10 days!

After numerous calls - which usually lasts a minimum of 15 minutes each - Telkoms empty promises are still something we experience on a fortnightly basis. We are in the Midrand area and we are told every second week when we have problems with our telephone and ADSL lines, that cables have been stolen or that there is something wrong with the exchange. How long will it take for a service provider that claims to provide their best service at all times to actually live up to their claim.
              We loose business on a daily basis and we are not being compensated in any way. They are quick to send sms's or phone when the account is due, yet their faulty services are not attended to. The same old answer when you phone in... "Our technicians are on route". So what can we do? We have to pay for services on a monthly basis, regardless if we had full use of the service of not! The answers we received yesterday regarding why the problems have not been attended to yet..."The technicians were on strike and will return Wednesday the 3rd of March"
              Talk about service!

• Ha
                  hannacarlson Mar 03, 2010

OKay, I've got ADSL internet at home. It has a 2 gig cap. What I need to know is how to monitor how much of that 2 gig I've used up so far.

Telkom/ Adsl Line — service and fault non-repairs

709CRK220110 This is the current fault reference number for a fault that has been going on for 4 months. I...

Telkom — non delivery

We got an ADSl line 3 months ago [protected]) as well as ISDN lines [protected]). This month we have only...

Telkomno adsl

In the last 3 months my adsl line has not worked at the end of each month.
                I logged the fault on 26/05/2009 and they have not fixed it yet.
                I keep phoning Telkom but they just dont seem to care! Even the managers dont care and put the phone down in our ears.
                I dont know what to do anymore.

• St
                    StuartR May 17, 2010

I can fully appreciate your problems with Telkom and the no care attitude. I have been trying to activate my line to an ADSL, after 3 weeks of calls, they have just informed me that the application was actually canceled the same day I made the application. Imagine my suprise, no one at telkom told me over the last 3 weeks that there was in fact no order. Of course there was in fact an order because they gave me the order number. When I explained all of this, they calim no responsibility and worse, they suggest I apply for the ADSL from the begening again. I tried to speak to someone of authority, however the call centre agents are not willing to give out names or alternate tell numbers! If anyone knows who to call, or what I should do to get some results Please Please let me know, I realy don't know what else to do!!

Rgds Stuart

Telkom ADSLpoor service and support

Hi,

I don't know if this will really help, maybe someone can give me some advice.

I am a Telkom ADSL subscriber. Recently (for the last two month about) I have been having serious problems with my internet connection. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but the connection is very unstable. It keeps dropping. Now, for what I use the internet for majority of the time, I need a constant connection. I cannot afford my connection dropping every now and then. Sometimes it holds for hours; other times for 30 seconds. Sometimes it's down for hours; others for 2 minutes. To some people this might not sound so bad, but, like I said, I need constant connectivity, and to be honest, I'm not paying for what I am getting.

I have contacted Telkom's fault reporting center multiple times. The first time they told me that there was something wrong with authenticating my username and password. The second time it was the line itself. The third time it was the box outside on the sidewalk or something, the forth time they didn't even bother to try and tell me what was wrong. Funny how it's something else every time, yet the same problem keep recurring. And even worse, every time some technician calls to make an appointment...I am still waiting for someone to come by my place to check my router/line/whatever.

My questions is: If you telecommunications services provider is a monopoly who is not providing their service properly, what can you do to get the service you are paying for?

Thank you.

maria2.mk Mar 03, 2013

telkom ADSL support is pathetic to say the least!!! I have been having a problem with internet access for about 3 weeks now, I have telkom simple faster with 10gig mixed and 10gig local. I have been phoning 10210 o0n a daily basis about the speed of the internet, I am supposed to get 256kps I am getting 2bits/s. They reported this problem to technical dept, who claimed that they had been here on 2 march 2013. Both my wife and myself were at home all day on saturday 2nd and no technician ever arrived at our door to help sort this problem out but on their system the report is in that the technician was here and sorted the problem out.!!! lying to get out of work????
                      This morning we could not even get internet access at all, telkom reset everything and then told me that the problem was that my password was not being accepted and that I had to give them a new password, this after the password was being used for more than a year. After this the internet speed dropped from 45kbs to 2bits, i phoned back and was told to hold for ADSL dept. Here I held on for more than an hour, I managed to speak to Tuli who then told me that the problem was occurring because I had unlimited interneaccess - I told that this was incorrect as I had telkom simple faster with 10GIG + 10gig. She was adamant that I did not know what I was talking about, I then read the contract to her, she told me to hold for Mali her supervisor - well an hour later Mali still had me holding I phoned back 7 times over the next two hours and had one after the other consultant put the phone down in my ear - absolutely no one was willing to help me sort this issue out. Why do telkom claim to have a customer service department when customers are treated like Sh... I still have no internet access at all - cannot even open the google page. but when I switched the internet on I had so-called used 23.77mb without even getting onto the internet???????

Telkom SA — slow adsl connection

Poor performance of ADSL over the last three days. Phone call centre, wait in queue for over 60 minute...

Telkom — service not just serious it is ridiculous!

My complaint about Telkom is not just serious it is ridicules. In the last six months our ADSL line were...