Having problems with Telkom SA SOC?

Telkom SA SOC Customer Service Contacts

2nd Floor, Telkom Mobile Building, 92 Oak Avenue, Highveld Park
Centurion

South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Telkom SA SOC Customer Service. Initial Telkom SA SOC complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Telkom SA SOC above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Telkom SA SOC. Discuss the issues you have had with Telkom SA SOC and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Telkom SA SOCBilling

Good Day

In June 2020 I terminated my fibre line and ISP service with Telkom (TIN1963323 & B1400D1180) as I had subscribed to a different fibre line service provider and ISP as of 1st June 2020.
I paid the notice period as required by Telkom.
However I have been receiving ongoing invoices for the service up until this week.
I have now been handed over for collection and have been threatened with blacklisting. This is despite calling and visiting their customer service stores on numerous occasions, the last being in Nov 2020. I was told that everything will be sorted out. Being on the frontline of Covid 19 as a healthcare worker this took a lot of time out of my busy schedule. In addition to be handed over for credit blacklisting is very insensitive of Telkom considering the current pandemic.
The case numbers are [protected] & [protected].
Reference number of hand over is [protected]

Telkom SA SOCUnresolved fault

Good Day

My name is Alrich Sias and I reside at 10 Tobias Street, Gelvandale, Port Elizabeth, telephone number [protected].
    On the 14th December 20020 I logged a fault and the Fault reference number is 4CEK151220. I was then later informed the fault has been escalated to the supervisor because of cable theft in the Malabar area. I have attempted several times to get this issue resolved but no one seems to be able to help me. I need to know what i must do next seeing that I already paid for December even though i didnt receive any services after the 14th December 2020.

Regards
    Alrich Sias

Telkom SA SOCMobile contract (Telkom Mobile)

I last renewed my contract in July 2019. The actual end of contract date was September 2019. My account number is [protected]. The contract was for two years based on the promo ad and telephone conversation had with the agent in the process of this upgrade. Funny enough when I look at my contract end date on *147# service, it says my contract end date is the 28 Dec 2022. I have made numerous calls since 04 June 2019 with case number [protected] and to this day, nobody ever comes back to me or is able to rectify this error. According to the records, I am due for an upgrade in Sep 2021. Honestly I am disgusted with the service I have received from Telkom regarding this issue as their customer, nobody seems to bother to even come back to me. The two agents I had last spoken to promised that I would be contacted within 72 hours to resolve this error, since the 4th June 2019, I am still waiting for that call from Telkom.
      My contact number is [protected].

Telkom South AfricaBilling

I have a contract with Telkom and was in hospital for corona virus therefore could not make the payment of R198 on the 15th November,
        but made payment on the 19th November. The next billing date they
        Double debited my account. Kindly refund me at your soonest as I am
        a pensioner.
        Telkom acc no [protected]
        My no is [protected].

Regards,

Vallie Adams

Telkom SA SOCBilling on a canceled contract

Good day I have been calling Telkom from October regarding the billing on the cancelled contract, they billed me NOVEMBER r and December, I called in for refund on the 21OF DEC and I spoke to Delisile which she promised that she will communicate with me regarding the refund and she even send the confirmation of the cancellation, she didn't call to provide feedback she said it sent to the manager but no response they keep billing me, I spoke to Pulane after speaking to Delisile she escalated but still billed again and penalized for reversing the debit since they didn't refund me. I called in today which is the 01/05/2020 spoke to Fikile requesting the paid up letter and cancellation letters she said i will get feedback before 12 but still it's now 4:15 no call. I call again I spoke to a programmed consultant Princess WHO WILL TELL ME ABOUT THE PROCESS OF TELKOM THOUGH SHE SEE THAT THIS IS NOT MY FIRST CALL and it's not assistance . she said its escalated to Granny and this granny is not contacting nor doing anything about the billing. my risk profile is ruined, my credit risk is ruined all because of the contract that i never missed any premiums until the agreed time. please rectify and please train Princess that it's not a problem to sometimes forget the book cause she sound like a robot, sometimes you must try to think on ways to assist if the process that YOU follow don't assist your customers. Herrison Malonga PLEASE CHECK IF YOU TEAMLEADERS DO CONTACT CLIENT CAUSE SINCE OCTOBER HAVING THE SAME QUERY WHICH ALL CONSULTANT THAT I SPOKE TO CONFIRM THAT I SUPPOSE NOT TO BE DEBITED AND WILL GET REFUND BUT no HELP. I wanted to upgrade and a consultant from sales team promise to call and never called. so it seems like its Telkom values to avoid client and you never prioritize your client. I no longer want the upgrade. I ported my number from Vodacom to Telkom and this kind of service makes me think that I took a wrong decision I will never advise a person to take a contract with Telkom

Telkom SA SOCRejection fee - Direct violation of the SA Consumer ACT

Twice in a row now I've had received rejection fees added to my account for R202+, this despite the fact that my account was fully paid before the 7th of every month (3rd & 2nd of every month) Due to the Covid pandemic our salaries gets paid at random times and we cannot keep up with all the payments on the last day of the month due to salary date changes.
            I have received two rejection fees on my invoices for November and December 2020. This is a very big problem as this is against the SDA Consumer act as the amount added is in excess of 25% of my bill total and number two the accounts where fully settled on the 2nd and 3rd of the new month.

Telkom's call Centre (I contacted 081180 today) refuses to hear what I have to say as their first agent I spoke to doesn't give me a chance to speak, he just continues with his story, doesn't even listen & that was proved on the call, then I ask for a manager, oops sorry mam I will have to register a call back with you no manager available.
            Then I get to another agent, give her all my verification details all verified, she then says that she will place me on hold to further verify, doesn't do that and I get pass4ed to an automated voice that is wanting me to rate the call that I just had, -100 if you ask me as she didn't even deal with my enquiry.

Despite the above, I still do not have feedback from them, I al still charged in excess of R 404+ on my account and this is against the consumer act, Not even my bank account charges this much for a rejection fee.

This will have to be corrected by Telkom ASAP, I'm not paying this again and the previous R 202 needs to be credited to, y account.
            I will continue to complain on every platform possible until this is corrected. I will not stand for this. Especially not in a time like this.

Telkom SA SOCMy Cellphone - sim swop

I want to lodge a complaint against Telkom watergate mall.
              The consultant's are extremely bad with customer service.
              I did a sim swop yesterday morning as my cellphone was stolen.. up to now it is still not active and it is more than 24 hours. I keep calling and the consultants say they will callback which they never do.. I drove 3 times to the store and they keep saying its a system error... this is pathetic why should me as the customer suffer because of there incomptence. I drove back today again and still nothing. Where is TCF??? I WANT THIS SORTED ASAP SO I CAN USE MY CELLPHONE. HOW CAN I WORK LIKE THIS. That consultants at watergate branch are very relaxed they do not even answer the calls.

Telkom SA SOCPhones not been answered after several calls

Hi
                I have been trying to call the telkom branch at cornubia several times and the number goes on busy or is not answered the phone just goes on ringing!! This is so unprofessional why install a phone if it won't be answered I was calling to find out if there's stock of some phones to take up a contract but it seems the staff at this branch just isn't bothered!

Telkom SA SOCUnethical Behaviour

Good day

I have case [protected] opened with telkom since 15/06/2020. I upgraded my phone to Huwai P7. They told me it does not have google and that my apps would still work. After trying to configure the phone for the day, I learnt that most of the apps that are important to me will not work.

I returned the phone the next day and was told that I would be moved to a sim only contract. To date this has not happened despite several calls to telkom cradlestone and telkom customer care. I am getting charged a cost of R144 every month for a phone I don't have.

Noone in Telkom cares to resolve this issue

Gangatha Mkele

Telkom SA SOCBilling

My account was suspended on Monday because as they explained there was an amount that was in arrears; I phoned to find out why ;and no body has an answer ;they logged a query ref [protected] and yeah I have been waiting since ..when I call for feedback nobody can tell me anything except the transfer is unidentifiable and billing will tell my why .. now my fnb acc was debited the same money that nobody seem to be able to explain ..I want my money back because I know I was not in arrears

Telkomsa.netInternet slow speed on dsl moves between 620 kilo bits per second in stead of between 2 and 10 megabits per second

For the past few months my internet speed moved between 620 Kilobits ps and 10 Megabits per second. My contract with Telkomsa states that my internet speed will not go below 2 Megabits per second and normally would be 10 Megabits per second with burst of up to 50 Megabits per second. It sometimes takes me 30 minutes to view a 10 minute youtube video. I did 3 tests with results point one three Kilo bits ps, point one three Megabits ps and 10 Megabits per second in a 10 minute period. I cannot even listen to one song without it being interrupted while I have to wait for the download to catch up.

Dec 12, 2020

Telkom SA SOC — Fraudulent contracts

On the 28th October I received my invoice for the same month. This reflected 2 additional contracts which I...

Dec 10, 2020

Telkom SA SOC — lte upgrade additional costs on sim-only

Had a 24 month LTE contract with Telkom that came to an end on 03 December 2020. Called 180 to cancel the...

Dec 09, 2020

Telkom SA SOC — Phone gone for repairs for over 2 months

I took my phone in for repairs at the end of september. I only received a call from insurance at the end of...

Dec 09, 2020

Telkom SA SOC — Port was reversed without consent confirmation

Good Day I have been a telkom mobile customer for the past 10 years. Recently I have been having endle...

Dec 08, 2020

Telkom SA SOC — Online order / black friday deal on iphone 11 64 g deal

My Name is pragasen arumugam Govender, with ID NO.[protected]. On the 27 Nov. 2020, I made an online...

Telkom SA SOCFault reported and not repaired in 3 weeks

Reported a fault on 23/11, on the app, at the store and on the faults number repeatedly over the past 3 weeks. No one at these points can give you a positive answer. A technician finally called on Friday to say he was stuck in traffic, and I returned to telkom today.
                        I'm at my wits end as everyone agrees it's an issue but can't help. The fact that we have to pay for the line without using it.

Telkom SA SOCUpgrade

Hi

I am so unhappy with the service to upgrade my accounts.
                          I have being struggling via online, branch and call to upgrade my account but no luck.

On my app it is showing solved???

I have applied for the black friday special on [protected] and [protected], but no call received yet.

Service is seriously getting worse.

Please attend urgent or I will cancel all my accounts.

Regards
                          Rika van Wyk

Telkom SA SOCTelkom mobile cancellation

Date: july 2019
                            [protected]
                            My contract was supposed to be cancelled with telkom, to my surprise 1 year on and telkom has listed me as a bad payer. My last debit order with telkom could not go via debit order due to me changing banks, I did call telkom the agent tried to assist unfortunately could not change the banking details and I was asked to make a cash payment which I did. 1 year down the line telkom is trying to charge me for a failed debit order, which they could not change due to their systems. I have lodged numerous complaints and still struggling to get this sorted out, i'm unable to get a contract with other providers and my credit record is being massively damaged.

Dec 02, 2020

Telkom SA SOC — New order messed up and then cancelled without notifying me.

New order messed up and then cancelled without notifying me - this was over the course of a month for a...