Menu
DU
reviews & complaints

DU
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

444 complaints
28 resolved 416 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DU. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
2:00 pm

DU - Worst customer service

I visited du Mall of the emirates on 24th Jun 2022, between 5pm to 7pm with ticket# L5227.

I have waited for almost 2hrs to wait for my turn, then finally after long time, my ticket number was called however the staff was still with the client when i was about to go at counter 17. So i went back and waited more time for them to finish. The staff might press again the next number maybe by mistake, then this client's with next number and I came on the same counter, I showed my ticket number to the staff but he told me to wait because there is another client, i told him that he called my number first but he was still assisting the previous one.

This is really unacceptable to choose the next client while I told him that It was supposed to be my turn. Instead of informing to that client that he ll be the next, he said it to me!

So what I did, i had waited again.

It took so long time to wait for them to finish, I went near that counter for the staff to be reminded that i was there, because he press again the next number while he already knows that I was waiting. When I was standing infront of the counter, this staff was with his colleague, he might mentioned to him bout me by pointing his finger on me, and he was telling me to relax! How could this staff pointing his finger on the customer and tell to relax for what he did! This kinda insulting.

So what they did, I was assisted by his colleague, but then this staff whom im complaining came on the same counter to try assisting me while there was his colleague already attending me. We told him that he can leave since it's in other counter with his colleague already assisting me.

The reason why I visited Du is that I just wanted to finish my postpaid plan which is going to end mid of july and not to renew, since the Du staff in abu dhabi advised me to come to du before the end of my contract, because in my previous plan when i finished my contract it was renewed without my notice, i went to du to asked why and told me that I should come before end of contract to inform that I ll not renew. I left no choice but to continue the plan which was renewed since i dont wanna pay for cancellations.

So I visited today, however now the staff is saying different information, that I should come after end of contract. This is worst customer service. I wasted my time to wait for nothing due to staff misinformations and staff discrimination!

F
1:21 pm

DU - Customer service

I wish if there would be a negative ranking for such pathetic customer service du is providing.. all they want is to rip off their customer by looting them… i have 2 business lines with them.. i have been paying double amount for internet from almost 1 year for one business and it looks like they purposely do not want to resolve my problem to make more money.. i have a cafe too. they sold me some stupid plan where phone work with internet and most of the time internet does not work so i am loosing alot of customer as they can not contact me over the phone..

I wish if there is some legal way to claim all these financial damages..

DU… the most pathetic customer service provider and their partners are equally useless who do not know anything about resolving customers issue

N
8:37 pm

DU - Home Wi-Fi

I have taken du home wifi on 10th march 2022. As per du agent Mr Ravi for disconnection with in one year i have to pay AED 200 extra as fine. But i disconnected on 15 the April 2022 and paid fine of AED 400 and total AED 578. After that on 17 th april i got a confirmation from du. In that clearly mentioned there is no any payment in next billing cycle.

But on 1st may i got again aed 208 bill. Actually i not liable for any bill as per confirmation mail from du.

Du is a trap they are trying to make money any way. There agents giving wrong information and offers to customer to sell product's. Customers is the victim's. I will complaints in consumer court against agent Mr ravi and against du.

Desired outcome: I need to get removed the the wrong billing of Aed 208 and agent Mr Ravi mobile no 056 5406065bhas to be punished.

K
9:13 am

DU - Postpaid Plan

Dear Team,

please note that Du company charging me for the postpaid which I have requested them to cancel it in March 2022. They have asked me to pay monthly charges in advance and cancellation fees, so I did it and provide the prove such bills etc. After that nothing happen I been charged again, then I went to the store last month and they told me madam do not worry you will not charge you and next month your plan will be migrate to prepaid number, so nothing happen again.

Please I need assistance as I am in Saudi now and need to cancel my postpaid plan and move my sim to prepaid.

10:04 am

DU - Billed 3 months After Cancellation

My DU connection was canceled even after placing my request I have been charged for 3 months.

Their Call center is worthless, I waited for almost 1 hour and nobody answered several times.

Finally, I got connected 3rd time today after a long wait and several redirections, but the agency I got was so rude instead of canceling he spoke to me so rudely and yelled at me for no reason, and hung up the call.

First-ever in my life, I had such a bad experience with a mobile network but it was hard to believe this was in Dubai.

I really hate DU now, and will never ever suggest going with them.

Can someone help me to resolve this issue?

Update by Azfarahmed
Jun 13, 2022 10:18 am

His name was Mr. Awad Khairy from the cancellation department

2:57 am

DU - No internet service since Friday. Worst service provider ever.

I took Du home service on the 5th of May. And on the 3rd of June my service was not working. I called them and they said it's due to non bill payment. Shocked I asked them about the amount they said 177dhs I paid immediately. They custumer service informed me later that my billing circle is 6th to 7th. However they did not send me the bill. I later noticed that the contacts details they had in their system was not mine.

Sadly today is 9th June and my home internet service has not yet been reinstated. It's the worst service I have ever seen. The custumer keeps telling me to wait for 24hrs since the 3rd. Everyday I call, they tell me the same thing.

I advise everyone to use another service provider not Du. Don't try it.

Desired outcome: Step up your after sales services. You are becoming very unreliable.

C
3:58 am

DU - Customer service represntative - Muhammed rasheed- Sahara centre

This representative wasnt attending to my query he was constantly looking around at the people a few days back my hubbys plan had recieved a discounthowever he denied it initially when i persisted and told abt my hubby plan discount only then did he do the needful, extremly distracted unattantive misguided information was provided which was severe disappointment stated that bill is nt generated so he cant apply discount.

+971544596685

Desired outcome: I would like an apology & also better behaviour and a penal action against this person.

3:42 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DU - No services since activated du account 1.47577778 (fiber optic issue)

its an horrific services in handling complaint from DU and its been very first of his kind, my account no with DU is 1.47577778 activated services since 2nd June with 3 complaints in row, every time getting answer from tele - services that due to urgent nature we will send representative within today since 2nd June

as per representative who install our connection on 2nd June he mention to me that Fiber optic has an issue but no one is there to help

since he also raised complaint internally to his immediate but no action as of now

5:58 am

DU - DU home wireless - AED 199 plan

Hello all,

This is one of the worst ever service is.. monthly they loot AED199, but speed only 2G, max you will get 0.1MBPS.. I sent many complaint to DU customer care.. they reply to change the modem in other location, or switch off/on modem.. but nothing works...

To be honest, DU is one of the worst service ever... if they ready to give free also dont go with them..

Please avoid DU..

1:38 pm

DU - Internet

I was about to complete 1 year with Du and I got a call offering me a free trial (7 days) of internet with a lower package. So I have accepted to try but I did not like it and after 2 days I have requested them to cancel it as i will continue my old package even though the internet is horrible. Since that day I am keep on chasing them to cancel the second account because I simply don’t need it! But what they have done is charged me for not even using the internet and I have paid thinking that they will finally cancel ( 107.85 aed + 208.95 aed ) now I have been requested to pay for the rest of the months to complete the full payment of 12 months! This is insane how they scam people , whenever I am trying to reach customer service or seeking for a help , they’re saying they will get in touch within 24 hours and never getting back to me! I believe there are many people who is facing the same issues but this is not a proper way of dealing with people!

Desired outcome: I am requesting to refund what I have paid and completely disconnect the account which I’m not using at all! Acc # : 1.46198721

V
9:02 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Few days back, my wife got a call from one lady mentioning Du Tele sales executive and she tried to offer some packages and finally my number was given to the executive. Later she had sent us some details and we were in a confusion state whether to try for the offer or else to continue with the current provider Etisalat. Due to her follow ups finally today...

6:48 am

DU - Home wireless internet

The service is not working properly, continuous fluctuation and low speed. I raised mulitple of complaints and no any proper response from your technical team and they are closing the complaint without my feedback.

I never expect this kind of services from du. Very worst customer support.

I don't want this service, cancel it.

Ac no:0524518318.

J
6:44 am

DU - Home internet service

The service contracted was for a 100 Mbps speed Home Internet, consistently I am receiving less than 5 Mbps.

There are no phone numbers or access to anyone in DU to file a formal complain; just looping recordings.

Even for a change of address (that DU claims can be done online or through the app) there are no such options and I needed to go 3 times to the actual store to make a simple address change. Took me a total of 5 hours!

At the store there was just 1 person treating every Customer extremely rude. The store was at Sahara Shopping Mall.

There is no way to cancel the contract without paying the equivalent of 20 months, even though the services is useless.

Desired outcome: 1. Improve the Internet speed at least to the advertised one.2. Have a Customer Service line with real people -not recordings-.3. Train properly all personnel that will have contact with Customers.

O
2:54 am

DU - Relocating wi-fi

10 days ago I made a request online to relocate existing wi-fi. I got a reference number, but no one call me. Seven days ago I made another request by phone number, I spoke with operater. He promised that someone will call me. But it never happened. Then 3 days ago I went to DU branch and I talk face-to-face with their representative. He told me that he will send an email to do it urgently. Only today operater called me that they have to make a new account for my internet. It means that aftee 24 months I am their user, but I have to sign a NEW contract (!) and they will do it in 4 or 5 or 6 days! I am without internet 10 days snd they do not rush to solve problem. I am working online and for me it’s a huge issue!

4:03 am

DU - Wrong information

Sales team offered us 10mbps for 299aed and claimed this js the best offer. We trusted him and did not bother to check the website and only to find out that there's 350aed for 250mbps, i called CS a hundred times to get me connected to a manager to assist us with the upgrade but was told i have to pay 389aed monthly as 350aed was only for new customers and since i already have an account for like 6 days i am not cknsidered new. Wth!

Desired outcome: Upgrade to 250mbps but for 350aed .

1 comment
May 31, 2022 1:44 pm

This is hilarious 😂

N
2:19 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Since April 13 I have not had internet in my home. I have called customer service many times and raised a complaint with reference number 1-329700088675 and was told I would get a call from the technical team in 48 hours. I continued to call du customer service and asked them to escalate. I spoke to a manager on April 16 who told me the technical team will...

7:53 am

DU - Internet not working.Giving multiple reasons.Team has no clue

We had made request to transfer the connection.It was done but the net stopped working fro 14 April till present.Called du office multiple times but they have no answer.Just keep on saying it will be sorted.No timeline given.Not ready to lodge a complaint even.just put us in hold n tell it will done If they have monopoly then that's how you treat customer right?Such bad service n attitude of these people.Had to but data from outside as had to complete the work.Terrible.Dont you have SLA or TAT for your work.They don't even know what exactly is the issue for the past 2 days.

9:24 am

DU - No home internet for 7 days

We reported the issue that there was no internet on Wed 6th April and after 2 technician visits, on Friday 8th the issue is still not resolved and we have had no phone calls or updates on this, despite calling Du everyday for last 8 days. please get in touch urgently or ill be writing more complaint to dubai consumer dept, Thank you

My account number is 1.37456590

Louise Heatley

5:32 am

DU - Internet Connection

As existing customer requested transfer of Home Du Service from one apartment to another. Raised request 2 weeks prior to transfer.

One week after transfer, transfer was not completed even after multiple requests to Du Contact Center. Their response - IT ticket has been raised and Technical Team will contact you. Horrible and inefficient service.

Called Du team to cancel service and they confirmed via phone.

Two months later they are still billing me and Collections is trying to collect bills not due when no service has been provided.

How ridiculous is this?

Desired outcome: Disconnect the service and billing

2 comments
Apr 14, 2022 3:21 pm

Have to agree with you it’s literally a scam of a service they are “offering” absolute trash.

Apr 14, 2022 3:21 pm

1:58 am

DU - Home internet

My home internet was having issue. I called many times and they just promised call back within 24 hours but I never received any call back. they kept charging for every month. I took connection and asked for disconnection bet they didn't do it and asking for money for the period there was no internet and also early termination fee as per contract where they failed to provide service.

Desired outcome: disconnect connection without any early disconnecting charges and cahrges for the month where I had no internet.

DU contacts