Menu

complaints

DU Complaints Summary

28 Resolved
552 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from DU with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DU has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DU. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

DU complaints 580

Sort by:

Newest DU complaints

Y
4:08 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Account number : 1.[protected] I had cancelled my subricption in the month of october after completion of 1 year and had done it via app, I never received a messaged from them and thats why i called them again and was told that its under process. I had flew back to India for a month and once i came back , i had been getting calls from du to pay the penalty...

10:38 am EST

DU DU don't have 5g

I got Du 199 plan. It's showing 5G and from very first day . I didn't see 5g blue light. I called several times customer care and they are saying we are doing trouble shot. Nothing happing. Why ur spoiling our family time when we plan to watch movie with family at home. Your wifi is not working. Don't make fake promise to customers if u don't have 5g then don't fool to customers. I don't want the connection because u don't have service and u cannt charge me for no service.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified DU representatives only. If you are affiliated with DU, please claim your business to access these details.

2:11 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a very bad experience with my DU services recently. I landed in Dubai in August and got accommodation in Al Furjan Danube Glamz. I had to go with the Du services 1. I don't watch TV. I need only Internet. but the company offers Internet only at exorbitant price and low speeds. forcing the consumer to go with the TV and Internet package for the...

Is DU legit?

Our verdict: DU's operations, reviewed by Complaints Board, reveal a mostly legit stature albeit not without reservations. This assessment encourages users to navigate DU's offerings with a discerning eye, especially scrutinizing the fine print and any user feedback closely.

DU earns 63% level of Trustworthiness

Good Credibility Notice: DU rated around 63% by Complaints Board. Generally safe, but exercise caution in information sharing.

We found clear and detailed contact information for DU. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Du.ae has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows DU website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Du.ae has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• DU protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to DU. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
B
1:12 pm EST

DU TV package channels removal without notice, contact breach

Number of channels, like National Geographic, Discovery science and others were removed from my TV package , although it’s part of my contract and I subscribed and paid particularly for the list of the channels.

There were no notification or information about change in my paid package.

Official complaint submitted on Jan 3, 2024, no response till date, although as per customer service auto reply should be attended within 24 hours.

F
1:06 pm EST

DU Service

Today 04/01/2024 i came to al ghurair centre du office for disconnect my postpaid connection at 9:15 pm here then wait sometime for token but one guy not allowed for take token but i get a token that time your staff one man came and shout me and took my token and tore I attached the tore token also this mail and iam waiting time here some token also going that token number also I mention here for a evidence

S 1240 counter 5 , D7241 counter number 6 A252 counter number 1 and 4 staffs also here

H
10:53 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to formally complain about a severe security breach and unauthorized transactions on my Du Telecommunications account. This incident has compromised my personal information and resulted in fraudulent charges totalling AED 2006. I am complaining to you as a recommendation by Dubai Police. Details of the Incident: • Initial Suspicion: The...

7:30 am EST

DU Billing Issues with DU

Title: "Billing Issues with DU"

Recently faced billing problems with DU (Account: 1.[protected]). Despite two complaints (1.[protected] and 1.[protected]), no resolution. Internet cutoff after one month overdue. Unable to reach billing department ([protected]). Urgent need for better communication and billing accuracy.

Sincerely,

Sufiyan Padrawala

[protected]

Claimed loss: $850

G
10:08 am EST

DU My home wifi account number is 1.[protected]

My wifi is not working past 10 days facing lot of issues 60+times we called customer service and 50+ times we send a mail still no respond from DU side. When am visiting DU store they are talking rudely and worst behavior still my wifi is not working very worst services in the world. Next time I will not pay the due amount if it's not cleared I don't want to continue with this network

Claimed loss: More than 1000dirhams

Q
6:24 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DU Du site is clone with fake side and i got charged 10000 AED Due to clone site open on google top of the page.

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report a fraudulent transaction that took place on my credit card on 1st November, 2023 at 11 AM. An unauthorized amount of 10,000 SRA was deducted during a mobile number recharge, which I did not initiate.

The fraudulent transaction occurred when I unknowingly accessed a fake website while attempting to recharge My Du mobile number that is [protected] he deduction of the funds was immediate, and I can confirm that I did not make this transaction.

Claimed loss: 10000 AED

H
3:16 am EDT

DU Privacy

all my personal information given to a stranger

I lived and worked in uae for 10 years and got made redundant by emirates due to Covid via email so I went to pay my du contract close it and payed extra to keep the number after 2 years someone else is using my whatsapp and number they have all my information and account details and all my messages ever sent o whatsapp

Desired outcome: Compensation

M
11:05 am EDT

DU Double charging

I have been double charged by Du on my account. I have emailed Du customer services and was given reference 1-[protected].

The issue started when i upgraded my account from Home Wireless Plus to Home Wireless Entertainment. They gave me a different sim and informed me that the previous sim will be automatically cancelled. But it is not. I complained already via emails dated October 9 and 10, 2023. They told me to go to the app and ask for the cancellation of the original plan. When I tried to do that, I was being charged for early cancellation fee of AED 581.20 which is not acceptable.

Desired outcome: Cancel the original sim and return to me for the payment I made for double charging.

N
5:32 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The worst experience that I had ever! I went to Sahara mall branch to change my number from postpaid to prepaid and the employee there was unprofessional and he didn't inform me anything about the process, also there was a free charge of esim fees on the Du application so he did a big issue to his collegue as he guided me to do it instead of paying 20 dh...

J
1:36 pm EDT

DU Double bill

I was called to upgrade for the new router at the end of the one year contract ( 199). The Agency responsible told me that the old router will be cancelled immediately as I received and activate the new one. Surprisedly I'm receiving a double bill ( 417) since 03 months. I have sent messages to agency as to Du customer service without any response. How can I pay 417 when I'm not even able to 199 alone? This is an abuse... how many customers are suffering of it?

F
4:26 am EDT

DU Changing plans

I applied for a new connection for my apartment and I asked for a connection that has only Internet but no other add ons. No-one let me know that if I need fixed line I need to have the phone connection as well. Anyway they delivered wireless connection after multiple calls and when I tried to cancel the connection and replace it with fixes line from Du, I was told to pay 1700 to change plan. Multiple complaints and visit to Du customer service center in Dubai hills, no one authorised to waive the payment and I get a call from Du yesterday saying no resolution, I will still have to pay. Now I'm stuck with a connection that I don't need and have to pay for a year without even seeing a contract or T&C for my purchase. Interesting that they don't share a copy of a contract with customers before getting signature for delivery.

Desired outcome: Charge one month fees and change to.fixed line plan

B
5:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DU Do wireless home plus plan so slow

I bought this plan online stating that it’s up to 100 mpbs speed , so I got it installed 2 days ago >>> and it’s slow and keep cutting off , i called the customer services and went online to cancel , instead they tried to push me to buy more expensive plan “ as a solution for the slow internet “

I asked to cancel , without upgrading or transferring , they said then you will have to pay 799 AED as early cancellation fee , while the request is less than 24hrs from insulation day

They promised to call me again , and they did not

Desired outcome: Free of charge cancellation

7:52 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got DU touristic SIM card when I entered UAE in August. After few days I visited DU store in Marina mall and they told me that I can keep my number permanently, just to convert it to permanent one when I get my ID. In a meanwhile I received the message where they informed me that my number will be disconnected soon. This was the message: "Your free...

10:28 am EDT

DU Terrible service, they refuse to solve the problem

I am writing a complaint and asking you to immediately help me terminate the contract with the poison company. because they are making fun of me. my number was disconnected [protected] and I have been without contact for more than a week! I came to the office 4 times, but there are no results, they ask me to come the next day. I pay monthly for an unlimited contract number. This is simply the worst customer service ever!

I
2:05 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Concerning Authorities, Before I go to complain TRA, I need to inform you the matter and would expect to resolve it. I was thinking to go for litigation and media campaign since I was not satisfied from the behaviour and service of your company. I am one of your old customers using Du products for more than 8 years. I applied the wireless home...

6:21 am EDT

DU DU

We have been using Du internet service for the last one year during November 2022 we have been having problem with they internet service, we raise several complains but the issue was not solve. Eventually the advice as to upgrade to 5G service and after the upgrade we don't have the service at all. We complain they came once time and ask for us to buy extension which we did but still the service went off after a week since then they fail to even visit when we raise a complain and book appointment for visit. We have no option left as we stayed more than a week without internet and we are losing business so we migrate to Etisalat on 5th May 2023, and request for account cancellation through all the due procedure write to them will all required documents, on 17th August 2023 they asked Etisalat to suspended our service claiming we have to pay pending bill for the months they service service fail to work. And we are force to pay this bill because Etisalat suspend our account.

3:20 am EDT

DU Du home service network- 199 aed 5g plan

I have installed Du 5g network and would like to inform you that this is the worst service I have ever experienced in 15 years in uae.

Du customer service people will trouble shoot network issues but it will not change anything in network.

I have requested for cancellation of my plan and in return they reduced my monthly bill by giving discount of 30 % and still I was paying for nothing.

You can’t even watch video on YouTube as it will stuck and keep buffering for hours.

I have requested for cancellation and till now it’s not cancelled,I am getting bill for no usage.

Du collected my router in June and till now my plan is active,whenever I call du customer service they will give fake promised that it will be cancelled today,it’s been more than 1 month and nothing is done till now.

People working in call center and literally rude and

Good for nothing.

I keep getting fake promises for this issue and

results are 0

DONT EVER TAKE THIS NETWORK

Anil shandil

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

DU contacts