Targetunethical behavior

04-06=2016

Target...Got Less For Much More!
I received a call yesterday stating I needed to pay our $39.18 Target Card bill. I tried to pay it over the phone and they would not let me because my temporary Target Card had expired and because they couldn't accept a credit card payment over the phone. I was asked to come by a store. I told them I never received a bill or my permanent card but I will come by the store following work and pay off the bill. When I got to the NE Charlotte NC store. I spoke to Bernice. Bernice was very nice however she could't access my account because my temporary card had expired. We called Target's 800# to speak to someone that could help me. Gregory took all my information for verification purposes and listened to my situation told me he could not help me but would transfer me to someone that could. Gregory came back on the line twice to tell me to continue to hold because they must be busy. He later hung up on me completely. I called again. I spoke to Britney who asked all the same verification questions and once again explained my situation. Brittney said I could pay my bill with her by providing my checking account information. My $39.18 bill had not only one but two late charges on it for $62.00 making my bill total over $100. I explained to her that I never received my bill or my permanent card and the first contact I had with Target was the phone call yesterday and that I had tried to pay my bill over the phone. Brittney said they never received a return mail and their policy is that I will need to pay this bill. A bill and permanent card I never received. She suggested that I talk to UPS or US mail and check with them as to why I never received an initial bill and my permanent card that I am being charged for. I commented to her that I do not believe that US Mail would not hold my Target card. She said there was nothing more that she could do and she them transferred me to a supervisor and put me on hold. She came on the line twice apologizing for my hold but telling me they were busy. Finally she returned to the line and said she would email the supervisor and I will hear back within 24-48 hours.All of this happened while I was at the Target store and it lasted over 1 hour. A supervisor, Rory with employee number S005110, called later that day asked the same questions as Brittney and then told me there was nothing he could do to help me. He told me in his 13 years of experience he knows of cases where it was indeed the US mail. I replied to him saying, "you're telling me that you sent it and I am telling you that I did not receive it and you are saying it could be the US mail...Then why am I the only one getting punished here?"
I asked to speak to his boss and he told me there was no one else to speak to and gave me a PO box to write to. I paid the bill and cancelled the account. I will continue to write my letter to the PO box that was given to me as well as blast this story to every social media platform available. I work hard and pay all my bills on time and this is upsetting. Please share and get this story out there.