Securus Technologies Logo

Securus Technologies

Having problems with Securus Technologies?

4000 International Parkway

Check Payments
PO Box 650757, Dallas, TX 75265-0757

Complaints & Reviews

Video connect

Here is the letter I sent to Securus on 7/29 with no response. Tonight, was the 5th call I have missed with...

prepaid inmate phone service

I have used this service several times with my debit card with no problem paying for calls as I receive them...

need my account unblocked

I have been trying to get my phone number unblocked. I have faxed and uploaded all documents needed to prove that the cards used on my account was mine, my kids and my girlfriend's. What more do you need? Birth Certificates???? Playing with ones mental stability is not right. Just because my fiance made a mistake does not make me a criminal. That is how i feel right now. It does not take 15 business days to unblock an account. My fiance has medical problems and cannot reach me. He is in PDC so he cannot even add a phone number for 6 months. I just want my account unblocked. Not to mention i almost lost my phone number due to being instructed by one of the agents to get a new number and a new account. It took me 3 days to get my original phone number back.

routing issues with my calls for six weeks

For six weeks I've had routing issues where my husband calls me and the lines never connect. For six weeks I've caleld Secrus and submitted over ten tickets. I've requested to be transferred to the I.T department and was denied that and told that the representive can't even speak to them. Every representative has told me something different when the issue first started happening and now that I have numourous notes and tickets on my account everyone agrees by reading the I.T department notes that it's a routing issue and they claim it will be resolved. ITS NOT BEING RESOLVED! My phone will work for a few days after a ticket had even submitted then stop again. I used to get a call for a few days in a row before I had to call back Secrus and complain now I get a call every few days and when I call Secrus they can clearly see all the attempts and then they submit yet again another TICKET! The last representive I spoke to told me that once my husband calls me the call is routed to Secrus and then Secrus uses a carrier to route to me and there is some sort of Issue there and that I.T will see the issue that they will fix it. I remind them that the issue they are claiming will be fixed is a temporary fix since I constantly have to call back. This is unacceptable. I request a supervisor to speak to and the reps tell me none are available. I request a call back from a supervisor and they tell me I have to wait 48 hrs and NO ONE CALLS. I found a corporate number in an online forum along with the corporate head quarters adress and I will be calling it Monday since I've spent six weeks begging for this issue to be resolved. I have the names and dates of everyone I spoke to along with the ticket numbers and I will be reporting everything to corporate. I have three numbers on my prepaid account and every time I call I express the specific phone number having the issue (the other two numbers are waiting for facility approval) and the representatives have even even filed tickets under the wrong number several times now waisitng my time waiting for I.T to reject the ticket due to the inactive number. Any other company this would be considered unacceptable yet Secrus's subpar service is allowed because it's prison related! I've had the same phone number for 8 years and this has never been an issue for me before these past six weeks. It's absolutely horrific how This continuous issues is not being taken seriously and is getting worse.

• Di
    dizzyyjay May 18, 2020

hello ! I know this is over a year old but im having this problem myself!! How was it resolved ? Because they literally tell me the same exact thing !!

blocked by invalid credit card chargeback

Account: [protected]

I am writing this complaint because I feel that I am being scammed by securus technologies and i'm not getting any assistance in trying to get this resolved.

Securus technologies, or securustech.net, is a united states based prison technology company that provides services such as phone and online video services, as well as fund transfers. I have the online video services only with them. You can pay $5.95 per online visit or $19.99 for monthly unlimited for wednesday and friday visits. I tried it out for 1 visit at $5.95 on 9/12/18 and on 9/18/18, I subscribed to pay ahead $19.99 per month for the unlimited plan. The amounts came out as they were supposed to on 9/18/18 to cover service from 9/18-10/17, $19.99 on 10/18/18 to cover service from 10/18-11/17, and $19.99 on 11/18/18 to cover service from 11/18-12/17. That is what I want and that is not disputed, however I was blocked on 11/23/18.

I have spoken with securus technologies several times in november and several times this month. What is being said is that "my" bank jp morgan chase is disputing $57.95 and charged the amount back. #1. I am using my own card, I have possession of the card, and I did not dispute anything. #2. My bank is bank of america, which is in no way associated with jp morgan chase. #3. The math does not add up and they can't even tell my why it does not add up, $19.99 monthly x 3 months= $59.97, not the $57.95 "disputed" amount.

I have literally begged securus technologies to look back at the charge back form that came to see if they just pulled up the wrong account or the wrong card number (maybe transposing the number to get the account pulled up and once the account is pulled up and associated with mine, then they would be looking at my card number and information), but they absolutely refuse to go back to the original information that started this.

The only thing securus technologies suggested to me at that time, was to repay the $57.95 that was not given back to me…. I had told them that I could send them a bank statement when I talked to them in november, but they had said that wouldn't show the bank putting a charge back on it, and that they needed a "bank statement affidavit", which you would think in itself sounds easy, but it's not. My bank, bank of america (which is the logo on the attached print of my now voided debit card), at first said they would send me the affidavit saying that they never disputed the amount and that it would take 7-10 days to receive it. They said that they can not fax it or email it to me.in my city, columbus ga, there is only one branch of bank of america and it's about 20 minutes to get there. With my work schedule and their office hours, I was going to have to wait for it. I waited the 10 days and did not receive anything, so I started this process over again since I am still blocked from communicating with my brother who is in jail at the lawrenceville sheriff's department in lawrenceville, ga.

I started at the bank this time and requested the affidavit. The rep said that they don't do that, so I requested her supervisor, who also said that they don't write anything up for customers. I called back securus technologies again to beg for them to pull the original chargeback information and they again tell me to send in an affidavit. I did bring up the fact that if they sent the money back to me, wouldn't that show that I owe $57.95, and on my transaction details from securus technologies, it shows that I have a zero balance. On their transaction details it shows my visitation dates and the charge if it were not already covered by the unlimited plan, so somewhere in their system they should be able to show me that the $57.95 that they are saying was sent back to my bank, has been charged back or debited back on my account instead of the zero balance that I am currently seeing.

I have been trying to deal with this for almost a month, which is not even asking the question of if I have been blocked from using the service, and this is a prepay service, why am I even being asked to repay the $19.99 from 11/18-12/17 when i'm blocked from use of the service that I want.

I actually got off of work and went to the bank of america to push to get a bank statement affidavit but again was told in person this time, by a rep and by her manager, that they don't go that extra little mile to type something up for me. They said it's not fraud because I agreed to the charge, and I don't think it's fraud either, I think that this is a scam. Someone on either securus technologies side or boa side, had some type of breach in information and some scammer maybe putting in as charge back and providing a different bank name and account number to credit it back to. I don't know if that's the case, all I do know is that if I don't have the money, and they "say" they don't have the money, where is the money?

I called back securus technologies again and asked for a supervisor. My first question to her is what is my balance? She said -0-, then we get to the $57.95 amount, where does it show that I owe that. She said the quickest way to resolve is to repay the $57.95 by western union. With all this frustration I probably would be better off to do it just to get this moved on, but, #1. That would not fix the problem when this could very well be a simple transposing of the number or something as big as the company and its customers being scammed. #2. Who's to say that if I just repay the $57.95 even though I never got the first $57.95 back, that this same thing won't happen again to me or to other customers.

I am sending a copy of my banking statement from november 18 till now, to show that this is the account where the monthly charges are deducted and that if they were going to put back in a credit for the so called "disputed" amount, that by now, it would be back on my banking account and it's not. I'm also providing a picture of my debit card that is on the securus technologies account, and it clearly has the logo of bank of america, not jp morgan. Now, what I can't get supervisor "val" from securus technologies to realize is that if they could make a mistake and put the wrong banking name, then maybe they could have picked the wrong account to begin with.

One thing that I will not be doing that val said, is to fax in a copy of my driver's license that this company already has on file. When you sign up for their service, you have to have a government id, which I used a driver's license, and a picture of myself to make sure that I am the one that would be on the online video chat. Since you already have my driver's license on file, I can even see it on my profile of the account, and I already think that somebody is being scammed here, i'm not going to be stupid enough to put my driver's license out over a fax line. An encrypted email maybe, (even though you already have this in your records!), but not on open fax line.

My request in writing which will be to the bbb, the fcc, securus technologies headquarters: carrollton, tx, and to the chargeback office of securus technologies, is that I want this researched. I want the block removed, I want an apology, and I want the $19.99 that I prepaid on 11/18/18 for future services that I never got a chance to use due to the block, credited back to my account. The kicker part to all of this is that the idea behind this is wonderful, when it works with no intermittent stuttering problems, it's like you can facetime the inmate which is remarkable because you can do it from any part of the united states. I have recommended and helped my sister in san jose california to get signed up for this service, my sister in law from montgomery al, my cousin from huntsville, al, to all get signed up for this service, and I would hate to think that I mislead them and for them to have to go through all this drama.

• Hn
    HNB1983 Feb 21, 2020

The same thing happened to me with my Securus account, except mine was with the AdvanceConnect account. Like an idiot... I actually paid the $75.00 chargeback fee that they said that I had on my account from a refund request— THAT I NEVER REQUESTED AND NEVER EVEN GOT!! And after I paid the $75 chargeback thru moneygram like I was told to do... it NEVER RESOLVED my account and now I have to make ALL of my payments for my phone account thru moneygram which is an additional $5.95 charge and it takes SECURUS anywhere from 24-48 hours to post my payments on my account!!! SECURUS IS A FRAUD AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS TO PEOPLE!!!

I think secureus made me commit fraud

I live in the UK and my husband in NY. I set up a phone line with Securus to speak with my husband and an...

how long it is taking my refund to get to me

Hello I am writing you in regards to how long it has taken my refund to get back to me I put $50 on the...

We tried all their number and we still could reach them

We failed to contact the company Securus Technologies. We needed to open the account, but we needed to...

No support and the company has terrible customer services

Don’t work with the company Securus Technologies. I was completely disappointed in their services, because...

Their service didn't work for me

I needed to make a video call using SecurusTech.net so I deposited $20 on my account on this website. Even...

Resolved Scam on disconnected calls for no good reason says no custom calling then hangs up on the loved ones

I am writing on the scams of the hang ups at the correctional facility billing services, In on months time I...

Resolved No Customer Service AVAILABLE

I have only been dealing with these people a couple of days and it has been a f...ing disaster. First, I couldn't get anyone on the phone so I tried the chat feature. No luck- no one available. So I kept trying until finally I got someone through the chat. I set up my account and was supposed to get an email with my password but that never arrived. I again tried to call but could not get through- ALL AGENTS ARE BUSY, TRY YOUR CALL AGAIN LATER seems to be their idea of 24 hour customer service. So I kept trying both the chat and the phone until FINALLY I got someone through a chat. I was told they would resend the email so I asked them to please verify my email address was correct, the gal said it had been put in incorrectly. I gave it 4 hours and still no email so I again tried to call- NO AGENTS AVAILABLE (SURPRISE!!! NOT) So I again tried to get someone through the chat and, you guessed it, NOT AVAILABLE. I sent an email, NO REPLY. I continued to try to contact them and FINALLY got through on chat. The agent was very nice and he got me into my account so I was able to fund so I figured all was ok- NOT!!! I got a call from my finance and the call could not be completed because it said I didn't have sufficient funds!!! I tried to call, ALL AGENTS ARE BUSY, TRY YOUR CALL AGAIN LATER!!! I tried to get someone through the chat, NO AGENTS AVAILABLE!!! I tried over and over for more than an hour, I even sent an email... I read the remarks from someone claiming to be a customer service representative and I have to say this is one of the most f...ed up companies I have ever dealt with. THey obviously believe they can do whatever the hell they want because the families have no other options available to them. I plan to place a formal complaint with the DOC regarding their business practices as well as contacting the FCC, and anyone else who might be interested in undertaking this story. Something needs to be done...

• Th
    thechampion Aug 20, 2010

hey sorry, work here. work in dallas office. we try our very very hardest to get to your calls as quick as possible. i am very sorry :( And i do apologize for you being unable to get to calls. dont get mad at us please, be angry with other customers who love to talk on the phone. we are just here to help you. We are not here to mess with your accounts, there is no way for a rep to mess up your account in away way at all. we just want to help you! remember that! if you are nice, then we are...and even if you are mean...we are still nice.
    or at least i am... but then again.. think when you call it could be a little 20 something girl answering the phone

• Pi
    pissed_off_consumer Feb 10, 2011

This is their corporate office in Dallas
    Call this number
    (972) 277-0300

it gets you to an actual person!

Resolved I work for CBS

First of all I would just like to clarify some things that apparently are causing trouble to many customer...

Resolved The most crooked business i have ever seen

The most crooked business i have ever seen. and for that county jail u r stuck with it cause they own the phones and they charge u $50 mimmum it really *** when u r 8 hours away from the person. they charged almost 20 dollars for a 15 min call. they r the worst thing i have seen in the phone bussiness.i can not aford 50 dollars all of the time.as i said before they are crooks i hope when ppl see these kind of write up they will learn from other. The best service of this typ is pay-tel but they dont go everywhere

Resolved account access

These people are something else not only did they allow unauthorized access to my account where my ex-husband with my information reversed my payments and that is only with my checking account info not cbs info like my pin, address, name etc...they would no longer take payments from me on line I kept getting a check validation window. On top of that why the hell does it take them 5-9 hours to post a quick collect payment Im thinking the rep I spoke too sd to me we have 7, 000 customers well Im thinking credit card companies, utility companies etc have more than that and they manage to post the payment within minutes I mean it is a quick collect for Gods sake. Anyways has already been over a week since I have talked to my loved one and they still have not taken the block off my line after paying over 200.00 that they decided to invoice. Checking into verizon so I will not have to deal with CBS never met a biller that wont take my money and when they do they do not give me service lol!!

• Tc
    TCS43 Aug 06, 2010

I have had similiar problems with CBS. There is no one to talk to and I put money on the account and they say I owe more. They list me for having calls I never received. I would rather pay the collect call charges at least I get to talk to my son. These people pray on those that want to speak to there loved ones. They take your money and provide poor or no service.

Resolved false reports of 3 way calling

they charged me for making 3 way phone calls that i never made when i contacted them and i asked to speek...

Resolved Rip off

This company is BULL [censored]!! I put $80 on a account and they say only 73.20 would go on my account giving me 4 calls 15 min each. I agreed to that but now every time my boyfriend calls me it goes through and you hear the "thanks for using correctional billing services" then i hear it click over and right when it does it clicks back and say "thanks for using correctional billing services" again!! And now i find out that they've been charging me for those calls all this time $5.68 for each min. and the whole minute was used listening to the lady tell me that the call may be monitored. I was PISSED so i just closed my account and got my money back i refuse to go broke over that [censored] a letter is going to have to do for now.

martha christian Nov 19, 2008

Dear Sir or madam
    i' would explain myself my biling cyle is postpone unto and later date and is 1month of 17 and never to be late at all an all equipement was to be posted under this account number 871211204-00001.long-ago time ago.the Equipemnt and remove the megabyte wasn't to be on since my telephone skips and don't work improperly an said and made and claim to have and replacement nothing was don and also voice mail wasn't to be on this account nor was to be charged. for megaby and don't wan't to redue there mistakes and supervisor and took these off when no down loading norusage and no more extra charged of 16.65 and overly charged of 1.99 none of this was to be used nor mobile and not coming on at all any more they didn'ting replaced this disfunticonal telephone skips and don't play right and place on mobile when it shouldn't even be there and i' ve have telephone goes on others screen won't replaced my telephone for blackberry storm and they won't reply why pay for telephone thats isn't working correctly nor wan't replaced and disfunctionally telephone and nor wan't to do telephone job.

• We
    westsidegirl1966 Jan 24, 2010

When my husband was first put into the main jail i set up a prepay acct so he could call home, and they ripped me off by charging my prepaid acct for calls that i never received and when i called them to complain they stated that i did receive the calls and when i told them that i could back up my claim cuz my husband calls my cell phone cuz that is my actual phone and i could look up the usage and calls received on my online acct with at&t, the customer service rep did not know what to say cuz my cell phone usage showed those calls never came thru, i left the rep stuck on stupid. That's another thing once you get a rep they don't understand or speak english very well, it's like they outsourced there call center to india. Then he was moved from the main to work release where he can make calls using a regular pay phone until correctional billing put new phones into the facility, now they charge $.50 for a minute call or if they try to call collect correctional billing will call for them and try to get you to accept the call using a credit card when i asked the guy how much it will cost me, cuz they don't tell you unless you ask (another way to rip you off), the guy told me $12 for 3 mins with a $2.50 connection charge and $2 for each additional 5 mins, that 16.50 for 8 mins of talk time. I told the guy they f'n are f'n crazy and hung up on him. Some facility let the guy use calling cards, do some research the best one's for this area are millenium and the pa card, trust me it will save you alot of money.

• Do
    Doll Aug 23, 2010

This is a rip off, calls hang up after one minute and they state Im using a phone feature now the calls hanging up after 9 minutes on hold now for 50 minutes to speak with a manager. They state I need to fillout and fax a form for a credit. What the ***!!! This is a HOT Mess. The third CSR told me I could not speak to a manager and would not give me the physical address so I can go to the company. I asked for a refund of the balance of my account. I won't hold my breath.

outrageous pricing

I have a brother in a correctional facility. I had set up an account with Correctional Billing Services so my...

Money stolen from credit card after i call this company to put money in account for my son to call from jail

This is the second time I call correctional billing services and put money $100.00 dollars, so my son can...