Sonic Drive-Inlame commercial

We have been lambasted recently with commercials featuring two white "men" that are degrading to men in general and white men in particular. These "men" are assumed to be parked at a Sonic seemingly about to have an orgasm over whatever it is they just bought. Such behavior is demeaning.

Commercials are generally effective if they make people want the product and or want to be like the people in the commercial. Needless to say, I do not want to be like them.I am to the point I immediately mute the tv each and every time I see the commercial begin. I am near to the point of boycotting Sonic until such commercials are pulled. I realize such a large corporation will not miss my little bit of business but I protest on behalf of all the white me who are not gay and feel all white men are belittled every time this comes on the air.

To have only two white men is also politically incorrect. Where are all the Latinos and black folks represented. Was someone afraid to have them represented in such a poor design of a commercial?

Get this crap off the air!!!

• Re
    rebecca pearson Mar 04, 2009

we went to sonic and ordered breakfast and asked that no peppers especially wouldn't be put on breakfast burrito.
    we called and they just didn't care and either did corporate. it wouldn't have bothered us but the lack of customer service from management showed customers are not important to sonic.

• Ep
    epoch May 05, 2009

If Sonic chooses to have two white males it does not mean they are politically incorrect. This is beyond stupid. Also, Sonic just one up'd you since muting the tv while the commercial plays still adds to the ratings. But by all means, for the sake of you, let Sonic and hell, every other company put every race, every religion, every sexual orientation, and other thing you can think of or it's evil corporate crap! I hope you post was a joke, because I'd be scared you were able to be allowed in society.

• Tr
    Tracy May 26, 2009

Mr. Thomas of Racist Arkansas!

Who cares what color they are? They are paid to be stupid, so they are. Did you miss the one with the dumb woman and her equally dumb husband (still the driver?) I think they're funny because they represent Sonic and their employees.

I recently saw a white man driving a BMW and one driving a Mercedes on TV. Is that PC? How come a woman wasn't driving? Women drive the vans as soccer moms. That isn't PC!

Why don't they allow women to be professional baseball players or professional boxers? Why don't we see women football players playing for the NFL? Why not a woman in the NBA? Why not someone under 6' in the NBA?

You are just the type to take a date to Sonic for their dollar menu.

• Br
    b robinson Jun 12, 2009

we have the worst sonic when it comes to the equipment working. 70% of thw time it is the ice machine, then the speakers and the system down and could not take orders, the service is wonderful and has a great staff. but who is in charge of keeping the machines going?

not jappy Oct 05, 2010

Witnest assestent manager selling pot. And smoking it behinde. Trash can. Manage whouldnt do nothing about it same assistent man was asking female cook to have sex in deep freez somthing needs to be done about this guy

• The Sonic in Auburn, NE has some work to do. On most recent visit, couldn't get order right, bad food, cold fries with no salt, drinks all ice-not much soda. Need to clean...

• Ca
    Carly66606 Dec 30, 2010

Ordered foot long coney with everything. The hot dog had no jalepenos as picture on the tv ad and the hot dog itself was so salty as to be unhealthy. When we ordered it with everything, we assumed that's what we would get. We will never go to Sonic again.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Dec 30, 2010

Of course it's unhealthy. The majority of fast food is unhealthy.

• Fl
    FlyAway May 17, 2011

I work at a Sonic and it is very confusing when a customer says they want "everything" on something. We have so many things you can add on to burgers and coneys that it is close to impossible to figure out exactly what a customer wants. For example when someone orders a burger with "everything", does that mean they just want all the sauces and veggies, or do they also want us to add chili? Bacon? Pepperjack cheese? Who knows! If you choose to go to a Sonic again, please specify exactly what you want on your menu item.

• Cd
    c deboard May 23, 2011

MY DAUGHTER AND HUSBAND AND MY SELF WENT TO SONIC ON MAY 22 ND AND THEY MESSED UP MY HUSBANDS AND DAUGHTERS ORDER AND THEY WERE RUID ABOUT IT AND MAD THEM NEW FOOD AND NOW MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER GOT REALLY SICK OFF OF IT I NEVER GOT SICK IT SEEMS ALSO FUNNY THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT GOT SICK AFTER COMPLAINING. THEY HAVE BEEN THROWING UP AND ALSO HAVE DIAREIA OFF OF THE FOOD . WE WILL NEVER EAT AT SONIC EVER AGAIN

chevypride98 May 29, 2011

booohooohooo... eat at home

• Me
    Melissa sudberry Jun 19, 2011

I took my kids to sonic we got two blasts and two milkshakes. By the time we got them they were like flavored milk. The complaint is about the new cups. They are awful. Go back to the stet foam cups. Thanks

janedoe666 Jun 19, 2011

styrofoam is horrible for the environment

• He
    hendricks88 Jul 10, 2011

Bad food, bad service. They even make your ice cream taste bad

• Ah
    ahve02 Jul 12, 2011

i agree..the new sonic cups might look nice and all but they Suck. By the time we got our shakes they were already melted into a milky drink.Please Go Back to styrofoam!!

shelbysonichater Jul 28, 2011

Well the new sonic cups for milkshakes are AWFUL! thy condensation is ridiculous and gets everywhere. By the time you reciee your milkshake it is already melted & disgusting.

shelbysonichater Jul 28, 2011

Who gives a crap! Paper is bad for my milkshake!!

Sherry D. Smith Dec 09, 2011

Food is served cool or lukewarm. Returned several times in the past year to turn in breakfast sandwiches that were not hot. They still are serving egg sandwiches that are barely warm and often cool.

BethSC Jan 23, 2012

I just left a Sonics on North Main Street in Columbia, SC. I had ordered a cheeseburger with NO onions.. The young lady repeated the correct order back to me so I just assumed that the order would be correct. When I got back to my office I had a hamburger...NO cheese and onions. Well...I have an allergy to onions...so I couldn't eat the burger. Wasted trip. Didn't know I would have to inspect my food before I leave the drive-thru. Won't be back!!

Belinda Brewer Sep 27, 2012

Drove through the drive thur the young man stated I'm so damn tired of people driving so far from the window...How rude!!!

• Wa
    Watcher of the people Jul 22, 2013

I can't get an order correct ever due to multiple employees constantly high on the job. This place should be raided by the cops and all employees tested for drugs. Caila Brown is not the only one either, she's just stupid enough to tell customers and post it on her Facebook. Very sad!

• Wa
    Watcher of the people Jul 25, 2013

It says on her profile her place of employment is Sonic.

• Pa
    painfultruth Feb 09, 2014

I am In the advertising business and the ONLY thing i can figure on the 'two dudes' commercials is -Sonic either thinks or knows
    their product only appeals to ###s! I immediately change the channel when one of these commercials comes on. SONIC---hire another
    ad agency or something but, get that crap off the t.v.

• Pa
    painfultruth Feb 09, 2014

PS I'm not sure WHY any other race would want to be a part of these commercials!! They're not exactly a vote of confidence for anyone.
    Hopefully, these idiots aren't the face of the intellect of the future but, sadly they probably are.

• Pi
    pissedparent19 Jun 08, 2014

Waited for our order for almost 30 min went in to speak with someone about getting manager number was told manager was there but wanted dave. Never received order sO left. For 30 min my mother ddaughter and i watched every single one goof off in there and I did record some on video.

• Dr
    Drenches Jun 12, 2014

I agree, those Sonic commercials are a sad mess. I am neither male, white or gay but still feel that those commercials are distasteful to all human race creed or sexual orientation. I wish Sonic would take a good long look at the stupidity of two over grown men sitting in a car crooning over ice cream. Plum ridiculous!!!

• Bo
    Boycott_the_company Jul 12, 2014

My fellow Americans, we must be really stupid to watch such garbage every 15 minutes. I feel like I am being harassed by any commercial that is too repetitive. I don't understand how others think these guys are entertaining. To me, the two guys are lame, say stupid things, and only upset me. I for one quit going to Sonic over six months ago because of these commercials and encourage everybody to get on the band wagon. This also goes for Geico, Progressive, All State, and any other company out there who tries to brain wash me into buy their products by over advertising or simply lying to me. How can everybody save $600 by switching when every company says that? Common sense says that they are lying and trying to brainwash you. You should be offended and boycott the companies for this crap.

• Kn
    KNR1970 Dec 29, 2014

OMG!
    We hate hate hate the Sonic Drive-in commercial with those 2 guys that act so stupid!
    Kill them off now, please!!
    Thanks, 😊

• Va
    Valerie23 Jan 12, 2015

Get rid of the commercial about the dude eating a dog after training it like a real dog? Weird!! Almost gross!!

• On
    OnlyLefty Jan 29, 2015

I hate those Sonic commercials. I have never eaten anything from a Sonic and with those dumb guys doing their advertising, I will never stop at one. Find someone to write better commercials and maybe I will consider stopping in some day. Those guys are just ###s and I would hope you could find better writers and better actors to represent your company.

Beth Duning Feb 22, 2015

I also can not stand those stupid, stupid commercials!!! I really like Sonic but often will not go there because the commercials are so insulting. Please please remove these stupid things.

chevyjr May 02, 2015

I am so glad u'all agree that that commercial with the 2 stupid white dudes so sucks i actually turn it off everythin i see their faces.. and i will n ot go to sonic. someting must b wrong with them keeoing those 2 ### guys in the dumv commercials

Sherrie Himmler Jun 29, 2016

I've bout reached the end of sanity and patience with those gosh awful commercials... They have NEVER, not once, enticed me to the place, in fact I have been boycotting them since fall 2011 simply over that crap...I myself have never found one ounce of funny or entertaining bout them, but I shockingly acknowledge some have at points in their life when apparently they lost their minds. Either way it's been over TEN YEARS with that campaign...DO SOMETHiNG NEW already, jeez!!!...