Complaints & Reviews

highest level of discourtesy

10-03-2007 5:30 PM: My mother and I drove into the Sonic stall to order. We were unfamiliar with the menu...

Special offer is not special

To whom it may concern:

On [protected] I purchased an order for hamburgers at the sonic restaurant located at 3510 Roosevelt Ave San Antonio Tx. Where a sign was posted stating that on tuesdays all day hamburgers would be sold at half price. I did not receive the discount. Enclosed is a copy of the receipt. I was very disappointed, since i do like sonic burgers very much. I dont want to stop doing business with sonic, but i just really was looking forward to the discount. Thank You for your time and I'm looking forward to doing business with sonic in the near future... Sincerely... Edward Gelson.

• Ke
    kevin arnold Oct 09, 2007

hi i would like to make a complaint about a general manager at the sonic my wife works at. My wife has worked at sonic in cedar park for a few years now and has recently started school in San Antonio she works at the sonic at Dezavala and I-10 the general managers name is Tracy. she always comes home complaining about how rude Tracy is to everyone there telling the employees if they will not roller skate then they need to run she snaps at employees she is just really rude and demeaning to people. My wife has done plenty for sonic in the past and does not deserve to be treated like this neither does any other sonic employees.

Thanks,
    Kevin.

• Je
    jean hurley Jan 29, 2008

The store in Texas, Dickinson Hwy 517, does not post their hours . I do love the burgers but and ready to go to Whataburger or McDonald for my burgers. I went about 2 weeks ago and asked for a #2 and ended up with burgers with no veggies. You have a problem with the people you sell frans. to for are making sonic have a bad name. Your ad 24/7 but I went tonight at 10:15 to get 5 for 5 and they were closed. With no posting of their hours I would pull their frans. for they are giving Sonic a bad name.

$8 for order I finally threw out

Sonic Drive-in, Lake of the Woods exit, Columbia, MO. My husband ran to Sonic and brought home our late night dinner, a few months ago. No surprise! The order was wrong, he e-mailed the corporate office and we got no reply. A few weeks ago I called the office, they were going to have someone return my call. No reply. A week later I called the corporate office and I was assured I would get a call back in a reasonable amount of time. Guess what, no call back. So I called and asked for a manager, I think the extension was 446, I left him a message and did let him know that I haven't had any calls returned and I would expect he probably wouldn't bother either. I was right no phone call. They owe us $8 and some change for the order that I finally threw out.

Diane Epstein

• Ti
    Timothy Mendoza Oct 31, 2008

FIRST OFF, YOU SHOULD NEVER RUN TO THE CORP. OFFICE, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE DO THAT? DO YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE? THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS GO TO THE SONIC YOU PLACED YOUR ORDER AT. (GO MEET THEM, FACE-TO-FACE) FORGET ALL THESE DAMN EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS, YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE CALLING. & SECONDLY, PERHAPS WHOEVER WENT TO SONIC TO PLACE THE ORDER DIDNT KNOW HOW TO ORDER CORRECTLY. JUST SO YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU ORDER A BURGER AT SONIC. ALWAYS, START OFF BY SAYING I WANT A... CHOSE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: "MAYO, MUST OR KETCHUP"...NEXT SAY "WITH CHEESE" OR "WITHOUT CHEESE" ...AFTER THAT SAY " WITH/WITHOUT ONIONS, LETTUCE, PICKLES OR TOMATOES"... WE AREN'T LIKE ANY OTHER RESTAURANT THAT AUTOMATICALLY PUT MAYO & MUSTARD. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT IN IT. WE'RE NOT PSYCHIC. SO DON'T START ORDERING BY SAYING... " I WANT A HAMBURGER WITH NO ONIONS NO BLAH BLAH BLAH..." BECAUSE WE HAVE TO MEMORIZE ALL THAT YOU HAVE SAID AFTER "HAMBURGER" THEN INTERRUPT YOU BY SAYING " MAYO, MUST, OR KET?"... SOUND FAMILIAR? & TO BE HONEST, SOME OF US WORKING THERE AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO MEMORIZE. THIS IS JUST A "LET YOU KNOW" AND I'M DAMN SURE 95% OF THE TIME, YOUR BURGER WILL BE MADE CORRECTLY.

... IF YOU DIDNT ORDER A BURGER, IM SORRY. BUT WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER, 90% OF THE TIME, THEY WILL REPEAT IT BACK TO YOU, OR YOU CAN EVEN ASK THEM TO DO SO. IF YOU JUST SAY "YES, THAT YOUR ORDER IS CORRECT" AND NOT EVEN BOTHER LISTENING WHEN THEY'RE READING IT BACK TO YOU, THEN ITS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT... OKAY?

• Ha
    Hairfairy Apr 21, 2010

wow! after reading the previous post, i can gaurantee i will NEVER visit a sonic again! first of all, you dont EVER talk to customers that way. second, after my friend starting work at a sonic recently they actually got MAD at her for washing her hands after handling raw chicken. I personally worked for a sonic for an hour once, but after the manager asked if he could watch me change clothes and grabbed a coworker's breasts, i walked out. In my opinion, sonic seems to be a dirty, lazy terrible company, especially in columbia missouri! and i have copied and sent your post along with your name to the sonic corporate office. i think they should know the level of maturity they have working for them.

• Sm
    Smokin' Sam Apr 30, 2010

The company that mystery shops Sonic is Quest for Best which you can look up on Google. Jump through the hoops and you can be a Sonic mystery shopper and help make sure they do things right.

• Sm
    Smokin' Sam Apr 30, 2010

By the way, typing in all caps is as rude as the post is.

poor quality food!

I ordered a Chicken club toaster from the sonic in Aztec New Mexico and halfway through eating it I noticed that only the outer edge was cooked, the rest was completely raw, in fact my husband said it looked transparent! When I called to tell them the manager Monica offered to replace my sandwich (yeah right) or give me a store credit, but I told I would not be returning she then asked what I wanted her to do about it and I said I just figured I would tell her so she didn't keep putting them out and that was the extent of the conversation. I have kept the sandwich however just in case I get sick...

• Bo
    bobby fulbright Sep 29, 2009

we ate at the sonic @ 101 n. university in lubbock texas. the food we got was a mess, they wasn't hardly any lettuce. the tomato was in the bottom of the bag, not on the burger. we eat at sonic alot, but will not be going to this anymore. thank you for your time. bobby fulbight- [email protected]

• Bo
    bobby fulbright Sep 29, 2009

i not mad, just disappointed the way the was

• Km
    K. Mounce Mar 04, 2013

I am disappointed at the change made to the onion rings. Evidently the batter has been changed for the worse. The Sonic at Harrison AR is the greatest and I have no complaints other than the above.

vulgar managmet

Until about 2 weeks ago my minor child was employed at a location in Plano Texas. This location is owned by...

rude customer service

My family and I always go to sonic drive in after baseball games every week. Well not after the way the so called manager treated me in front of 2 young kids ages 3 and 7. I set in the drive thru line ready to order for 10 minutes when they finally came on the speaker and ask for my order I told them they were laughing and joking around so much they didn't even hear my order so they had to ask me again once again I told the young girl my order, when I got to the window to pay for it I set their another 15 minutes for a small sprite and a cold coffee when they gave me my drinks they were wrong I gave them back and ask for what I had ordered the manager at the window told me that if I would speak up then maybe they would have got my order correct. I was speaking loud and clear if they would have been doing their job and not cutting up at work then maybe they would have heard what I said. Well I finally got my drinks and I was pulling around the building the manager ran out the side door yelled and cussed at me. So needless to say I had my kids with me and she needs to be grateful for that. I have told everybody of my experience I had there and I will never eat there again. I called corporate and all they did was give the lady that cussed me out my phone number and she called the next day and was rude and hung up on me.

This was st sonic in canton, north carolina.

Thanks,
Mrs. Green.

• Pe
    Peggie Trousdale May 29, 2007

I went to Sonic on Avalon Ave in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. The person answering the call was very smart talking and very unfriendly. One of the items I ordered was the Root Beer Float special and I was charged $1.89. I did not call back because of the rudeness of the person. The music was so loud and blearing that I had to repeat the order 3 times. I told the girl who brought the order that it needed to be turned down, but had no response to it yo my suggestion.

attendant never returned with my change

My neighbor and I went to the drive-in window at the sonice in trinity, texas and ordered three (3) Chocolate...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices