Sears Kenmore StoveOven will not heat up and element Light will not shut off

I purchased a Kenmore ceramic stove in 2007 recently I have noticed that the element light will not shut off and my oven is not heating up like it should. I purchased from Sears because they were so highly rated with Consumer reports. My stove is only 5 years old and I am so disappointed that this has happened we are going to have to pay $129.00 for a service call that does not include any parts that we need. I feel that a stove only 5 years old should not be doing this, my old stove which was not Kenmore lasted over 15 years without any problems. I will not be purchasing anymore appliances from Sears unless you correct this! Thankyou

RESOLVED

• Ju
    Judylynn Snow Apr 23, 2016

PS...Sorry that should say 2 years and 2 months!

• Ju
    Judylynn Snow Apr 23, 2016

Hi. My name is Judylynn S. I have owned my Kenmore, model97C6332 for 2 yes, 2 months. This past month or so I have noticed that it doesn't come up to the temp I have set. I know this because I bought an external gizmo and placed it in the oven to check. Pretty upsetting after owning for such a short time!
    Now I'll have to have a service call and pay up.

I'll get a service warranty next time, and not buy a Kenmore.

• SearsCare Apr 02, 2013

Don A.
    Hello, my name is Christine and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post here and would like to reach out to you and offer assistance. We apologize for failing to meet your expectations with your glass top stove. I can understand your concern with the length of time the oven takes to heat up to 350 degrees. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and answers to satisfy you as a customer and restore your faith in our company and products. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] to open the lines of communication with you and discuss your experience. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the stove was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Don A.) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we are anxious to hear from you.

Christine R.

• Do
    Don A. Apr 01, 2013

I have a Kenmore glass top stove that I bought at Sears because they are supposed to have good appliances. However, the oven takes 17 minutes to get to 350 degrees. Why is that? Is that the way it's suppose to work?

Any help will be appreciated
    Don A.

• SearsCare Mar 09, 2013

Lori Dean, We can see your concern about your electric stove and apologize for disappointing you. We would like an opportunity to connect you with a case manager from our executive offices. Our case management team would be able to explore options to help answer your questions and concerns. If you could take a moment and please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be concerned by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which your stove was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Lori Dean) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Christine R.

• Lo
    Lori Dean Mar 08, 2013

I have a Kenmore glass top electric stove the burners all work and control panel comes on for oven and broiler however oven nor broiler will not heat up. stove only 5 years or less very disappointing. not sure what problem could be.

• Ta
    tam8365 Jul 12, 2011

i also purchased a kenmore gas stove in 2007 and i am having the same problem as the people above .the heating element does not work, it takes a very long time to heat up, if it does at all, and when it does it will stay on for a very long time and you get a strong gas smell which is not safe for anybody in the house, it can became so strong last night we had to leave the house. i purchased from sears because my parents and grandparents always did . all my appliances are from sears and i tell my children to buy from sears as well but i have had several problems with the refrigerator bought the same time and now this, i also will not be buying from sears as well as not sending my children there anymore if this issue can not be solved by sears. sears was built on generation of families buying from you but if products are bought and do not last or have continual problems then you can bet no parent or family will suggest to another to buy from you. if you can help with this issue please email me at [email protected]

• Je
    Jena Ray Jun 19, 2011

My name is Jena Ray, I purchased a Kenmore ceramic stove top in 2008 and the element light stays on even when the stove top is cold what should I do. Is this dangerous? Should I be concerned for my families safety? Please advise. at [email protected] Thanks

• SearsCare Jun 08, 2011

To Ronda P,

I'm sorry that your Range has failed so soon. We do appreciate your business with Sears and we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns and regain your confidence in our company. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Ronda P) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.