Complaints & Reviews

unethical behaviour

I had a terrible experience while purchasing 2 bottles of Baileys last night (August 9th 2019, around 9.30PM...

DFS Group

[Resolved] Cashier charge payment in IDR instead of SGD and the rate was extreme high

on 1 April 2014 i purchase a bottle of Macallan in DFS Singapore SGD 78.00. Today i check my HSBC credit card statement and found out that my transaction in DFS was not charged in SGD 78.00 but in IDR 753.186, 00. I check my receipt and realized the cashier was charging me in IDR not in SGD. The exchange rate stated IDR 1 = SGD 0.[protected] / 1 SGD = 9656.23 . I was totally disappointed why the cashier doing that. I read the statement below the receipt " I acknowledge that I have been offered a choice of payment currencies including SGD and agree to pay in (IDR). Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) is conducted by the merchant based on the Pure Commerce Wholesale plus 3.00% International Conversion Margin. I already confirmed to charge in SGD, on that day the currency exchange only around 1 SGD = 9.000, 00

• Resolution Statement

they apologise by email for the delay in response to the charge of S$83.70 (exchange rate @ IDR9656.23) As the charge for the bottle should have been S$78, we would like to refund difference S$83.70 – S$78 (S$5.70). However, for goodwill they will round it up to the nearest S$10.

• R3
    R3nz Apr 28, 2014

DFS Singapore has replied my email and make a goodwill by refund to my credit card account. fully satisfied with their quick response for this issue and the matter was clear now

Poor customer service

I bought a sofa from DFS early 2004 it eventually turned up in july 2004(late) the sofa became more and more saggy as time has got on, i wasn't really concerned as i am rearly at home and i had piece of mind with my 5 years cover.
On contacting DFS hoping they would sort the problem out then i was told because i was not in the first year of the warranty i was not entitled to anything.Eventually after spending alot of time complaining on the phone i got them to send some one out to have a look.Who added some foam but really made no difference to the sagging seats.
Has anybody else been conned into buying DFS insurance for 5 years???Well if so bad news the insurance isn't insurance its certain spill cover.
If you haven't bought a sofa yet in my experince don't buy DFS and certainly don't buy the insurance(or not the insurance as the case is)If anybody can give me any help on this matter i would appricate it.

Bad service

We made a purchase at store DFS Galleria Auckland on 6th november 2008.we purchased a Dior pure poison collection voyage. When we reached bk India, we open the pack, and we are shocked to see, it sprays like water and fragrance does not stay more than a mjnute.as if it is refilled with water.in my wild dreams i never expected it fake. My purchase bill is pax [protected], name Gambhir, receipt no is [protected], box number.F036182813.i paid 153 nz dollars on it.i picked another fragrance Channel Chance, and i m scared to open that.we made purchase of whiskey also, 2 bootles jw black label centurian and 2 bottels of silver cap.we are scared that all products could be fake.i request now, either change the product or refund my money.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices