Sam's ClubService

D May 31, 2021

I have been a member of Sam's Club for 40 to 50 years. Yes I was a member of Pase before it became Sam's. For the first time I will probably not renew my membership next year.
Most people complain about checking out their own groceries, I have embraced it. For years (since the Scan gun) I have lined up my products (scan code up) before getting to the register. In less than 1 minute my selections are scanned, paid for and I am out the door.
My last visit however, I encountered a policy change. As usual I lined up my selection, scanned my card and began to scan my selection when a Sam's club representative shoved a cart at me. "No thanks" I said "I don't need to move my stuff to another cart (my back was bothering me and I just needed to pay for the things and get out of there). The rep shoved the cart into mine, and said"NO, you need to move your stuff to another cart or go to a checkout line". By this time I have already scanned everything in my cart. I look up and all of the checkout lines have got 3 or more people in line already, probably a 5 to 15 minute wait. And in the commotion I have scanned one item 3 times. I am tired, my back is hurting, I am not moving these heavy objects to another cart, and I am not waiting 15 minutes for a checkout line. Anyway I finally did go through the checkout line. I apologize to the person I cut in line, I didn't even see you. But beginning today I will begin to find other resources to replace Sam's, BJ's, Costco's, Amazon. In the meantime you probably will still see me at Sam's. But don't expect the same cheerful customer you have been used to.