Having problems with Sam's Club?

Sam's Club reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 8, 2006. The latest review pick up service was posted on Sep 22, 2021. The latest complaint lobster tails (twin pack) was resolved on Jan 20, 2020. Sam's Club has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 594 reviews. Sam's Club has resolved 98 complaints.

Sam's Club Customer Service Contacts

Privacy Office, MS #0160, 702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, Maryland
United States - 72716-0160

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sam's Club Customer Service. Initial Sam's Club complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sam's Club above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sam's Club. Discuss the issues you have had with Sam's Club and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sam's Club Complaints & Reviews, Page 24

Sam's Club — wrongful termination

I was recently terminated from Sam's Club because of a confrontation with a customer in the parking lot...

Sam's Club — warranty voided

I purchased a ring from Sam’s jewelry department in the amount of around $3500.00. The ring needed to...

Sam's Club Mobilebad customer service/doesn't stand by warranty

This compliant block isn't big enough for what I have to say...but I'll do my best. I purchased a Samsung Exhibit II4G from Sam's Club Mobile(SCM) online Monday, June 18, 2012. I did not initially purchase the device protection plan(DPP) tha day due to needing to end the call to leave for an appointment. The Sales Rep kept offering everything extra and after purchasing the case w/car charger, I was tired of all the sales pitches and running out of time to leave for my appointment. So I got the phone in the next day, was very excited. I decided later that I would go back and add the device protection plan as I noticed how slippery the phone was to handle. I called and added the DPP on Monday, June 25, 2012 and told the sales rep that I wasn't sure I would keep the phone as the battery didn't last very long and a few other issues I was having but told her that I would let her know one way or another before my return warranty was up on Sunday, July 1, 2012. Unfortunately, according to the SCM rep, the computer system assigned my DPP to the "exchange" line...this is what the rep created when I had mentioned I might not keep the phone. So the phone I currently had in my possession was not covered. So unfortunately, I did have an accident with the phone an dropped it on my tile floor breaking the face. I was unable to use the phone at all. When I tried to file a claim is when I found out that phone wasn't covered by my "exchange" line was. What exchange line, I hadn't gotten an exchange yet!!! So after being told to call 2 different 800#'s and about 5 different people later, I'm still waiting for the system to be updated for the DPP to be reflected on the correct phone so I can file a claim on the phone. It will be a couple of business days still. In the meantime, I was without a phone to use for my business. I spoke to TMobile and thankfully I have my old phone and they switched my data plan and service to it so I could do my business still and have a phone. SCM has displayed piss poor customer service, has yet to stand by their warranty that they have gladly deducted from my checking account, and never returned phone calls that they say they will do. I am telling everyone I know about my horrible experience in person on social media and any other place I can shout to the world. I will be contacting Samsung next to advise them of the issue and see what they are willing to do to help.

Sam's Club — cart attendant struggles

I have recently been employed for Sam's Club for about a week now. I was given the job of the Cart...

Sam's Clubadvantage plus card

Paid for the advantage plus card with the knowledge I was able to shop before hours. never allowed this last attempt i video recorded the attempt.

• Ro
        Robert Brant May 13, 2015

I bought a SAMs club plus membership online and could never use it. It was never connected to my card. I tried to get the card updated with results. I paid for something I could never use. I went to the membership severice desk and tried to get it fixed. I was told that there was nothing they could do. I was just out my money. They want me to buy another plus membership now. No way I will go to Costco now. I have been a member of SAMs club for 20 years but not anymore. Don't get taken by SAMs club. Not very happy.

Sam's Club — online purchasing

Dont buy anything online from Sam's. Horrible experience. Spent $3K on couch in March. Never heard...

Sam's Club Pharmacyprice increases

Sam's Club is as shady as they come.They jack up the prices of prescriptions and then fail to inform customers of the changes so that you have no choice but to go ahead and pay for it or risk not having the medicine you need! If they informed you ahead of time, then you could go to your dr. and get a different prescription.Ooooh $4 generic ($10 for 3 months) yippeee...at least until they jack up the price again! Shady, wrong and just plain bad business!

Sam's Clubracism

I heard this from my mom and i got so upset. She went there three days ago. She was waiting for the food which was demo. In front of her, there were 2 Spanish ladies. Right after she picked up one fork with the food, the person who did the demo, of course she was white, threw away all forks. My mom got so upset and she threw away the forks and the food. She was a racist!!!

Sam's Club — racism and rudeness to child.

My husband and I went shopping at Sam's Club with our nine year old son. They were doing demo's for...

Sam's Clubrude employee

Went to the gas station last night (for gas) and the attendant was extremely rude. I merely open my window and he just takes my card without even asking how much I wanted to put in my tank. (Fortunately, I needed my tank filled but still there was no reason not to ask, even the most basic and unprofessional of gas station attendants at least bother to ask their customers).

After filling my tank he just hands me my receipt and walks away (which I could care less about). What bothered me was that he had the nerve to just take my card without even asking how much gas I needed. I thought that was pretty inconsiderate, impolite, and very unprofessional. I am absolutely disgusted that even a job that requires minimal customer service skills and manners would be approached this way. Should be reminded basic social skills.

seekerrogue Jan 12, 2012

Lol wow...i like this site already. Very troll-friendly...and helpful comments.

seekerrogue Jan 11, 2012

Actually I didn't, it was in my hand inside the car.

seekerrogue Jan 11, 2012

Well its not like I just gave him my card and acted snobby. As soon as I opened the window he snatched the card and kept walking fast so I called out to him the amount (in a calm voice). I have worked in customer service and as stated I know it was a gas station and I was not expecting world class service. But most stations here in NJ the attendants ask how much before pumping gas. I don't care if he was silent after, I just feel the attendant was rude in handling the situation overall and since this is a complaint board I can post what I like. Just like others can post their snide comments.

seekerrogue Jan 11, 2012

Says someone posting on a customer complaint board...

seekerrogue Jan 11, 2012

Wow posters here are incredibly rude...
              First, its the internet so grammar doesnt matter
              Second, the guy swiped the card from my hand and walked so fast I actually had to call out to him to tell him the amount because he went so fast
              Third, its NJ. You dont pump your own gas here. Those outside wouldn't know...
              Grow up people...

Sam's Club — terrible customer service

I had a really really upsetting experience at the store Sam’s Club – store # 0629 – on 1850...

Sam's Clubeas whey protein

Sam's Club has stopped selling this product in their warehouse. The new Whey Protein is not the same quality. The Carbs in the new product is much higher than the EAS Whey Protein. Bring it back. Those of us who rely on Whey Protein need the higher quality product.

• Te
                Team MuscleTech Nov 02, 2011

Don,

Because the optimal time to take 100% Premium Whey Protein + is immediately after exercise, the extra carbs in this protein supplement are beneficial as part of a post workout protein formula.

The creation of 100% Premium Whey Protein + is about giving the consumer the best results for their hard earned dollar by providing the best quality protein formula in a club size for the absolute best results. The protein blend in 100% Premium Whey Protein + contains a whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate blend – three extremely bioavailable whey protein sources of the highest quality. It also contains unique Recovery Blend of amino acids that also includes Creatine Monohydrate, additional L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine as well as L-Glutamine on top of the already high levels of these key amino acids in whey protein.

And finally it should be noted that the EAS protein also contains more than twice the fat per serving that MuscleTech’s 100% Premium Whey Protein + has. Over With repeated daily consumption, these additional calories from fat will add up.

- Team MuscleTech

Sam's Clubupgraded membership rip off

I have been a member of Sam's for probably 12 years. Several months ago, the check out clerk talked me into purchasing an upgrade for my membership. The promise was that if I did not realize any savings, I could get a complete refund. I paid my money (cash) and got a new card. I have not ever saved a penny with the upgrade, so yesterday, I asked if they would just refund my money. Surprise, surprise--the customer service clerk (Stephanie) went into her "sales speel"--I had not had the upgrade long enough to realize any savings, I could not cancel upgrade until my membership was renewed, yada, yada, yada. I asked to see a manager. Some young guy wandered over, did not introduce himself and repeated all of the same sales messages as Stephanie. I told him that if I could not get my money refunded, I was going to contact headquarters. He said "go ahead".
              So I did. Lots of phone calls, no help! The latest offer was that they would refund a portion of the purchase price ($35) but that it would take between 4 and 6 weeks. Amazing--they took cash out of my hand for the upgrade, but all they can do is "mail me" a check.Sam Walton never dreamed of a day when one of his companies would "rip off" a customer! Welcome to the US in 2011---greed capital of the world!

• Sl
                  SlayerGal Oct 29, 2011

But when you upgraded your card, you essentially renewed your card for another year.

Their promise to refund would have been held until it was time to renew your card again.

Sam's Club — scam

I ordered for B’day cake at SAMS Club for Sunday. Due to personal emergency I reached SAMS 10 minute...

Members Mark — CHICKEN BONES

I always buy your canned chicken but I was making a chicken dip and while I was shredding it I found a 2 inch...

Sam's Clubslow service

My wait in line yesterday [protected] was longer than usual. It was as though everyone was on break or lunch hour or had gone home. It was around 3:00 in the afternoon. When they finally opened up another line they asked who was paying with credit and they then put the credit card people in a shorter line, but the lady who had put us in another line, opened up her register and took several people from the back of the line, which they got out first and me and another gentlemen were still in the line. When I asked the lady at the register what was the holdup she completely ignored me and asked if I found everything ok, etc. She never responded. When I exited the club, the lady that checks the receipts didn't know what I was talking about and said she didn't now what was going on. It's like they didn't want to at least say, I'm not sure, or anything. Bad business. I was furious.

• Un
                    Unvalued associate Feb 20, 2013

Geraldine,
                    I was a cashier at Sams Club in Illinois. It is a nationwide policy for ALL greeters to check ALL receipts at the door. If you notice them not doing so, go to corporate. Also, the reason why the person called for credit only, is because cashiers and anyone on a register gets their own till with $150 to start, so if money goes missing they can keep track of which cashier it was. If a cashier has no till, they can ONLY accept credits as to not mess up the tills that have EXACTLY $150 in it, which would throw accounting into a frenzy. I prided myself into taking members as quickly as possible, even if it meant skipping the PLUS and Credit scripts just to get you out the door. Also, door greeters are not in the loop when it comes to the front end. If one cashier has a problem, they aren't going to know, it's not their department.

• Ba
                    Barnaby Jun 20, 2012

I sent an email a few days ago.. and am surprised no one replied.I find that the store on 45th street in West Palm Beach is impossible for people needing a power scooter to shop.It appears that most are out of order and the store help does not go out to the parking lot to bring back those that are not in use. There seems to be an air of indifference to making their handicapped and senior buyers to be able to shop. We will not renew our business membership after a couple of recent visits that made a struggle . The local chain supermarkets make their customers happy by always having assistance a priority concern. Good bye Sam's Club

• Ed
                    Eddie1052 Nov 26, 2011

The racist comments here are BS. I shop the Sam's Club in Novi frequently and have always had my receipt checked. And I'm as white a snow. And I've been in a line full of white people waiting to exit the store.

• Jt
                    jtown24 Oct 06, 2011

Um hands up if this sounds like a troll complaint to you...

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

Why don't they check the receipts of white customers than when I am not shopping. They only check the receipts of white customers if a black is in line behind or in front to pretend they are not racist. If all the customers were white they would not be checking the receipt.

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

"But w/e, so I guess you were just being upset at having to wait in line afterall. Congratulations on being impatient?"

You also would have been impatient if you had to wait in line for8minutes and 34 seconds. I timed it on my timer and this is the longest I had to wait. They only helped those in front of me because I am black and they are white. The gentleman in front of me was white as well, but they had to draw the line somewhere to not look like racists.

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

Look can you guys please stay on subject, and yeah Zachary I admit I was rude but she still should have answered my question. The greeter pretended to not to know what I was talking about besides she is racist she checked my receipt as if I would steal from the store just because I am black and from Nigeria. Also I am contacting a lawyer and suing them because I was so furious that I was not concentrating on my driving and got into an accident because I was driving too fast. They caused this by what they did and I will be suing them.

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

"The last time that happened to me, where they started taking people from the line that were behind me, I took it to corporate. That is unacceptable when you've been waiting patiently and then they come and take people from behind you."

Actually they were in front of me.

• lacada22 Sep 16, 2011

I don't know what the complaint is, bbut if you are that upset you should always speak with a manager.

Smart Circle - Direc Tv - Sam's Club — scam artist

Dont EVER sign up through Sams club for direct tv. They are only authorized retailers and will scam you. They...

Sam's Club, Hwy 64, Bartlett, Tn — vicious dog left unattended in truck

On Aug. 15, 2011 I returned some merchandise to Sam's Club on Hwy 64 in Bartlett, Tn. When I wa...

Sam's Club — spoiled carnation evaporated milk

I have been a consumer of Carnation Evaporated Milk since 5 years old and maybe longer. My wife has also used...

Sam's Clubglasses

Approximately 1. 5 years ago i purchased a pair of glasses / bifocals from sams club. In the 1. 5 years that i have owned the glasses the frames have now (Officially as of today 08 / 10 / 2011) broken 3 times at the hinge. This time i am not covered for the 1 year warrantee on them. Needless to say. . . I feel that this is a defective frame and below the quality that i expect to get from sams club. This is very frustrating. I have prescription bifocals and am required / restricted to wearing them while driving. I need and would appreciate your assistance in replacing them or fixing them again.
                  Christine wasson