Complaints & Reviews

telephone harassment

I mailed by payment for Sam's Club Discover card 4 days prior to the due date, and I received a late fee ($15.99). The date the payment was received was one day after the due date, which is debateable since the payment was mailed to the state next to where I live. I called immediately after I saw the charge online and asked to have it removed. The $15.99 late fee was the only charge for the current month and since it was removed, the agent that I spoke with said I did not need to send a payment. However, I have been receiving phone calls from GEMB every 3 hours. I was unavailable to answer the calls but the message on my voice mail was "press 1". That was the entire message so I had no idea who it was from or why it was left. I had 4 of these same messages every day and since I was out of town, only received them when I returned. When I was home to answer, then I knew the caller and discovered the reason for all of the calls. GEMB agent said I needed to make a minimun payment since my payment was overdue. I explained that the charge had been waived and that I would pay before my next due date and was told I had no previous payment due. They said that I was correct and that they were sorry. The following day, 3 more calls were on my voice mail saying "press 1". I knew who it was, called and spoke with another agent who said I was delinquent with the last month's payment. I told them that this problem had been resolved with another agent the previous day and mentioned to them to stop the calls and harrassment. If I get any more "press 1" messages, I will cancel the card. They only reason I have it is because it is the only credit card that Sam's Club will accept.

rudeness

Today I called Allied Interstate just to inform them that I have accepted the pay off agreement and that I sent them money through online banking. Instead of hearing a thankyou, he started busting my butt about a check number from the bank. He proceded to tell me without that number he can not accept my word that the check is on the way and that he hears that excuse all the time. I will not deny that he got mytemper up with his attitude. He then stated that without the check number that the calls will continue and that he can not promise that the agreement will be kept. He then said that he has spent too much time with me and that if I wanted to call to talk to aomeone to call someone else.

Jack Buchanan Jun 15, 2013

I find the lady door checker in Champaign, Illinois to be rude and unfriendly. I've never been back and just let my card expire. I won't be back until service improves.

confusing website

I wanted to find the bakery to plan my birthday cupcakes to take to school, and of course! I can't find *** on here, and I couldnt even find customer service, I finally had to google it! That is a shame, so I refuse to EVER shop at SAMS FREAKING CLUB again! UGH this freaking irratates me. ANd now they are saying I have to type up to freaking 100 words, GOSH! I am so pissed, they are about to ruin my birthday week. OMGEE, okay whatever, Im just about to stop and igore this B.S.! ***! Irratated So freakin mad!

• Don'tBeAMoron Sep 07, 2010

Dear ###,

Please shop elsewhere and take your staggering intellect to a place that can appreciate your status as a gladiator of the mind.

Sincerely,

Anyone who has ever worked in customer service.

computer warranty

On 3 May 2008, I purchased a H-P model A6417C-B desktop computer and a 1-year extended warranty from the Sam's Club in Dayton, OH.
On 2 Apr 2010, with one month left on the warranty, I experienced problems with my computer. Sam's Club has out sourced this type work to several or many different sub-contractors, in my case Barrister was the company that caught this call. A tech was dispatched to my house and he determined that the power supply was at fault.

A power supply was ordered. The wrong power supply was shipped. Again the correct part number was used to order a replacement power supply and again the wrong power supply arrived.

Believe it or not, on 30 April, for the third time, the wrong power supply arrived.

Neither Sam's nor Barrister appear to want to resolve this issue. All I get are the standard platitudes, "Yes sir, I understand that you are upset and I will email Barrister and get this straightened out."

The bottom line is that this will be the last big ticket item that I will purchase from Sam's. It is not worth the hassle.

JodiMarie Sep 28, 2010

I am going through the same thing, a manager told me he would return the computer if I had the receipt. He looked my membership up, and decided not to, after he told me he would. I am guessing I haven't spent enough money this year. I am still paying off my credit card from previous large purchases. I also was a plus member previously, but when I told him I was no longer, his whole attitude changed. I am now just a "regular customer", the warranty stinks and so does the management!!!

[Resolved] leadership

I am currently an employee at Sam's Club 4969 in Bentonville Ar. Over the last few months our General Manager [removed] has been involved in Romantic affairs with associates (hourly and members of management -not limited to sams club 4969) . These situations were recently outed, under redbook investigation and dropped without as much as a slap on the wrist... Its one thing if they were off the clock but in the building and with his employees, thats overboard... All of this from a company that preaches ethics. I will no longer be working for Sam's Clubs but I wish there was more I could do to stop these kinds of bad business practice...

RESOLVED

This issue was resolved.

• Don'tBeAMoron Sep 05, 2010

The Manager sounds like the name of a real doucher. I'm with you man.

selling expired food

for the first time since we got the membership 6 months ago we went there insteat of costco, got a box of...

should be shut down

Deserves to be shut down. I am just NOT renewing and expect most people won't. We don't get our value for the...

warranty

We purchased a big screen tv from Sam's Club and was sold a complete care extended warranty from them, We asked if it covered everything and we was assured that it did. We had no issues with the television for first couple years then lines developed on the screen. We found our warranty and sales receipt and called to utilize the warranty. The person we got on the other end apologized all over himself and kept telling us the warranty wouldnt cover this type of issue. I asked to speak to a manager and a person called Matt got on the line, stateing that our complete care warranty wasnt any good on this issue and he apologized for the salesperson lieing to us about it. I asked him about other incidents and if the warranty would cover any of that he said No complete care with them wasnt any good for much of any issues. I asked why we was lied to and all he kept doing was apologizing. I think that is his job to just keep apologizing until you get so frustrated you hang up then you are on your own. What a way to do business. Please be smart people dont buy an extended warranty from Sam's Club it is a huge rip off to just get more money for nothing. And cool thing is they know you cant do anything about it but take it. They were nice enough to give us the product company number so they could tell us that it was up to Sam's Club to honor their own warranty, What a deal... Beware of this scam it seems to be bilking millions from unsuspecting people. Guess I should have known Sam's and Wal Mart would be the same rip off . oh well no more of my sales are they going to get, Go TARGET!!!

children not safe

As of March 12, 2010 Sam's Club (walmart) will not respond to "Code Adam" at their store. Your children are not safe at Sam's Club. After an incident at store number 4824 in which the police arrived an hour after being called the store responded they are only there to protect their merchandise and not the customers regardless of age. The employees will stand and watch the criminals run right past them at the door. They also will not provide details of the perpetrators to the police unless subpenad.

I suggest everyone reading this go to Sam's Club and yell "Code Adam" and see what happens. It's not illegal to yell this as it's not illegal for Sam's Club to watch your kids be snatched apparently. Plus we now know the response time at Sam's Club Santa Clarita for the Sheriff to be about 60 minutes.

Please spread the word and don't let Sam's Club be a domicile for pedophiles and kidnappers.

• Li
    LittleD756 Nov 23, 2010

If you yell and cause panic in a public place you can be arrested. Don't be a [censor] and think that just because you are a horrible parent/guardian and don't know where your children are that it's someone else responsibility to know. You can still have your children paged to the front of the building to meet you so how about you utilize all of your options before you turn into a [censor] and complain that no one would help you look for your children.

• Kh
    khloee13 Nov 23, 2010

Guess parents will just have to watch their children, huh???!

• Don'tBeAMoron Jan 07, 2011

Dear [censor],

It's called responsibility. Please off yourself.

The world

• De
    Denise67 May 05, 2011

Oh Damn it - I can't leave my child to wander around anymore...gosh what will I do - - Oh heheheh - I know I'll keep my kid - - or better yet maybe my kid will have a tantrum, I'll grab his arm - he'll jerk away and I'll get tackled by the Sams Club employee for trying control my own child...DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF?????

children not safe

Sam's Club #[protected] Carl Boyer Drive Santa Clarita, CA 91350, As of March 12, 2010 Sam's Club...

unfair employee termination

My son was terminated yesterday from Sam's Club in Franklin, TN. He was out for 2 evening shifts last...

I am banned from buying fresh produce ever again from sam's club

On June 23, I went to Sam's club to buy chicken breasts (fresh produce). Next day, I found out I bought chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.

I went to Sam's club's customer service to exchange it. First lady I talked to said they can't return fresh produces. I asked for a written policy where it states it. She gets the manager instead.

The manager tells me that they don't have a written policy stating that I can't return fresh produces but I still can't return it. He also adds that they will have a loss if they accept the return because they can't resell it. I told him, three years ago I exchanged a fresh meat for similar reasons and no one said anything. I point out a sign that is behind him that says "100% customer's satisfactory in merchandise returns". He then says he will accept the return but I will get flagged so that everyone on the account will be banned from buying any fresh meat. He says he has the power to flag anyone necessary.

I chose the return and so now I am banned from buying fresh produce ever again from Sam's club. I'm debating if I should stop going to Sam's club. I've been a loyal customer who has been shopping there for 8+ years and who spends $200 a week there.

• Af
    afcalt Mar 09, 2010

Wow - I would NEVER go back. They are willing to lose a customer like that for$10 worth of chicken???

• Don'tBeAMoron Sep 05, 2010

Dear [censor],

How are they going to ban you from buying produce? A membership can't be "flagged" to prevent you from buying something. However, when you abuse a return policy, which I'm sure you've never EVER done in the past, you become a mere aggravation to the waitstaff that is required to put up with your [censor] and be nice to you. By the way, chicken breasts do not resemble chicken thighs in appearance or spelling. If you can't read what you are buying, please save them the trouble of dealing with the return caused by your stupidity. Let it be a lesson to you, and absorb the cost. Next time, it will serve as a reminder, and you will likely understand there are ramifications to your idiocy. To have a "flag" in the system, you must be documented to have abused the return policy numerous times, and even then, it is a deterrent to returning merchandise, not purchasing it. Please don't be discouraged by your illiteracy and lack of social aptitude. Sam's Club is a great place to shop, and they have the best return policy in the business! Just try to keep your own failures to a minimum and you should see an immediate improvement in customer service!

Sincerely,

Every customer service associate who has ever lived.

• Je
    jeffdharlan Sep 21, 2010

See attached.

annaxmarie Oct 01, 2013

Chicken is not produce, its poultry aka meat department... Produce is fruits and vegetables...
    -Person with common sense...

customer cakes being iced and made in back of the dirty warehouse in the shipping department and not in barkery department.

I use to work for Sam's Club the one on 76 and Calumet . I worked in the bakery department. I just would like to inform customer not to buy cakes or anything for that matter out of the bakery department from the one on 76 and Calumet in Milwaukee WI. The bakers don't wash the rack your food is being made on for days at a time. From cakes, rolls and cookies. The dish-washing machine that's suppose to sanitize and clean the dirty dishes is broken. So ask yourself. How are those dishes being washed then. And I have told you. They are not sending those dirty barkers rack through the dish-washing machine that's suppose to sanitize and clean the dirty dishes. Sam's Club employees are making customers placed orders from birthday cakes to graduation cakes in the dirty shipping department area. And on top of that, the cakes that customer place orders for are being made in the back of the warehouse in the shipping area in the back of the store and not in the bakery department. Information I think all Sam's Club shoppers should know. Never shop or buy anything from this Sam's Club location.

• Ke
    kenjon11 Mar 03, 2010

I will never shop at this location. I stop because they a rude to customer that spend there money there too. I hate shopping there.

• Don'tBeAMoron Sep 07, 2010

Dear [censor],

Maybe we should see if they would move the whole operation from the shipping department (which doesn't exist...its called receiving) to the barkery. (Oh, you meant bakery! I forgot you can't spell.) Maybe you should shop somewhere else if you are dissatisfied. I'm willing to bet you were fired for being incompetent, or were about to be fired. Hopefully you will learn from this experience and keep your job at Burger King.

Sincerely,

Anyone who has ever worked in customer service.

6months no interest

I recently purchased a large TV from Sam's Club with Sams discover with an advertised 6 months no interest but was charged interest when statement came, I called costumer service and deborah the rep was very rude and suggested i pack the 55 in TV back to the store and have them redo the transaction mynearest Sams's club is 100 miles away, also tryied to make payment online and site was down for days called for assist and rep was rude buy time i was able to make payment it was a day late and i was charged 40 dollars. So by time all is said and done I was screwed out of 70 bucks. I have cancelled my sams account and wish to no longer do buisness with them.

• De
    DebbyO Jan 08, 2012

THIS SYSTEM IS SUCH A SCAM!! I bought tires at Sam's in Newport News, VA. I didn't have a card but was going to pay cash. The sales person showed me a special, 50 dollar credit for opening a card. I bought 4 tires. Maybe 500.00 worth. I had been paying my bill faithfully, and about 6 months in, decided I could go paperless, and pay on-line. MISTAKE!! I kept trying to log in and pay, and the computer kept stating there was "no such account" so I had no paper bill and no on-line bill. When I called in, I was continually put on hold or transferred, and hung up on. FINALLY, I called to chk my balance, and what I thought would be 100 dollar balance was $378!!! I had been paying at Walmart, on time EVERY month, but when you pay at the stores, they can't pull up any info so they just take your $$ and give you a receipt. Apparently, I was charged 35 dollar LATE fees 7 times, not for lateness, but because I was paying 5 dollars UNDER the minimum!! Like, what a racket, how would I know this, and most importantly, WHY was I not sent a letter when I got hit with a fee?

• Be
    Benjoh Jan 14, 2012

I was paying my account through the WalMart Stores. In September 2009, they wouldn't take my payment, unknown to me why. I had never been late on my payments to my card. I went online to GEMB and they wouldn't take my payment. I was thinking, what is going on here. I had time, so I sent my payment in the mail. My check was returned unpaid. I called GEMoney Bank up and asked what was going on. I told the representative I have tried 3 times to pay my monthly September bill and no one wants my money. She looked on my account and now decides that was late. So now I am pissed and I refused to make the payment for this card, becuse of their glitches in their accounting software. It was not my local WalMart store's fault that their computer servers were down during this time. It was not my fault that my bank returned a check that was not cashed after being sent to Arizona.
    Now I having to go to court, because the credit card company refused a payment to start with and then started adding late fees of over $50.00 for non payment. That is being ripped off.

• Re
    Reneedt Aug 17, 2014

SAM's Club Credit Card
    Just got my statement in and the 6 months interest free for the purchase of 4 tires was not on my statement. Charging the interest anyway. I emailed them maybe they want me to take off the 4 tires and get them back to the store that is 125 miles away to get my money back...I'm just the person to do that...rip off's

not new

A few weeks back I went to the Sams Club in Goodlettsville Tn. I purchased a solar security light for use outside .Let me say I was very happy with the item so much so that I went back a few days later and purchased another one . When I bought the two lights I paid about 60 dollars plus tax per light . I had decided to just put the second light away and to use it if I felt I neede it . I decided about a month or so later that i would take it out and also use the second light. Well when I opened what I thought was an unopened box I found a light inside that had clearly been used it had finger smires all over the solar part and the light was broken screws taken off and laying inside the box with the bags that it was suppose to have been stuffed inside where someone had taped them to the box it had white paint on the wire where it looked as if someone had painted while they had it on what ever they had it on. Well needless to say I was very upset to think I trusted Sams to not resale something that someone or them selfs had used. At first I thought partly it was my fault because I should have checked it the day I bought it but then I told myself why should I have to worry about if the item I am buying is new When I purchase it SEALED IN A BOX CLEARLY FROM A STORE WHERE IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE NEW THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPECT TO RECIEVE A NEW ITEM. I did not buy this from a second hand store . Well when I went back to the store the lady at the service desk said we dont sell this any more and all I can do is give you the last sale price which was 27.00 WELL SAMS WHEN I PAY 40 DOLLARS A YEAR FOR YOUR MEMBER SHIP THEN I TRUELY BELIEVE YOU LOOKED UP ON MY MEMBERSHIP AND SAW WHEN AND WHERE I BOUGHT THIS ITEM AND KNEW VERY WELL THAT I PAID 60.00 AND TAX FOR IT AND I AM ALMOST SURE YOU ALSO COULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TELL IF SOMEONE HAD RETURNED THIS LIGHT BEFORE I BOUGHT IT SO MAYBE I NEED TO RETHINK IF I WONT YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD NEXT YEAR MAYBE I SHOULD TRY ANOTHER WAREHOUSE GIANT. AND BUYER BE WARE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERY THING YOU BUY BEFORE ITS TO LATE YOU CAN BET YOU I WILL CHECK MINE BEFORE I LEAVE THE STORES PARKING LOT. DONT SAY I DIDNT WORN YOU!!!

• Don'tBeAMoron Jan 07, 2011

Dear [censor],

Did you save your receipt? The return policy (which is posted visibly at the membership desk) states that you must have your receipt to receive a full refund. Without a receipt, they can only refund you the amount that it would currently ring up. Poor planning on your part does not constitute an inconvenience on the part of Sam's Club. Learn from your stupidity and remember your receipt next time and you can avoid the embarrassment of confirming everyone's suspicion of you being an utter [censor] in public.

Common Sense.

tire & battery service

This is the second time this has happened at Sam's. The first was about a year ago. When leaving work, my car battery was completely dead. I called AAA and got a jump start. Went to Sam's at 5:30 p.m. and turned the car off to go in to the store. I was told that there was no way they could put a new battery in my car. They were working on a car now, both of the two employees were going to lunch from 6-6:30 and then they had to work on another car and leave at 7. My car wouldn't start again so I was stuck there. My husband came in and we bought a battery from Sams, went to Walmart to get tools to change the battery and changed the battery ourselves in the Sam's parking lot during a snow storm. After complaining to the store manager that they couldn't take 5 minutes to change my battery, I was told that OSHA laws require that there always be 2 employees in the garage area. That's fine, but why do they take lunch 1/2 hour before they close? I deal with the public with my job and this attitude would not be tolerated. I guess Sam's Club just doesn't care about customer service.

• Si
    singledad101 Oct 30, 2010

Did you ever consider the possibility that the fact that they DO care about customer service may have had something to do with this? That the reason they were taking their lunch break at the end of their shift is that they had so many other members to help that day that they didn't get to take their lunch at a reasonable time and had to work through the day? Probably not, it is all about you apparently.

stay away

I recently booked a vacation package through sam's club travel. I attempted to cancel my hotel reservation way in advance, which was two months before my departure date. I was told by two reps. that I would BE ABLE to CANCEL the hotel with a $25 penalty fee and WITHOUT canceling the airfare. However, when I called back to officially cancel the hotel, I was told that I would be unable to cancel the hotel without voiding the entire package. In addition, I would accrue the penalty fees-$225 and loose the $100 gift certificate that I used for this vaca. package! I spoke to five different reps. including three supervisors who were inefficient, rude, disrespectful and extremely poor customer care skills. I was told that there was nothing that they could do to help me(customer). They would simply cancel the entire vacation package and as a result I would loose my $100 certificate and pay the penalty fees despite being misinformed and the lack of training by these reps. In addition, in trying to solve this matter, I was placed on hold for an extended period of time. I was also informed that I would be receiving a call from upper management to resolve the issue. As of today, I have not received any phone calls from management. I will definitely NOT recommend my relatives and friend to book their vaca. packages with sam's club travel! I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied in the manner that I was treated. I will NOT be using sam's club travel in the future!

Jon Clarke Feb 09, 2020

RESORT FEES NOT DISCLOSED. It's buried in their fine print or so their contractor claims and It is NOT included in the confirmation detail for the stay. Further, in the confirmation for the reservation there is nothing referring you back to their website to review additional policies etc. Sams vacation is run by a contractor Entertainment Benefits Group, LLC. This hotel was in the Orlando Fl area and as such can charge what ever fees they want.

The customer care exhibited by the contractor means that I will probably not be back.

awful customer service

I booked a trip on Sam's thru Sam's club travel on 1/6/09. On 1/8/09 I noticed the same exact trip on Sam's club travel site for $65.00 less per person. I called Sam's club travel and spoke to a rude customer service rep. She told me there was nothing she could do and that I agreeded to the term's. I could understand if it was a week or two but come on 2 days! Also, I guess what makes me upset is the customer service, they were rude and unhelpful. Sam's club customer service rep's need to go to "How to treat customer's with respect 101".

drunken employee

Was talking to a woman in the deli/bakery department named Yvonne and she was stone cold drunk. Was loud and...

do not buy tires

Please do not purchase tires from Sam's Club. I had a flat tire and my husband put on the spare tire. I paid $546.00 for a set of tires. When he went to pickup my truck the spare was still on and the new tire in the rear of the truck. They refused to *** the spare saying it was against their policy. My husband came home and in the pouring rain put on the new tire. I called to complain. I was transferred 4 times. I spoke to the manager and he promised he would make it right but has never bothered to call me back. I do not understand why they would have such a policy. I will never buy tires from them again. I tell everyone that I can not to purchase tires from their company. I will say on their behalf that it is my fault I did not demand better service.

• Ru
    Rudy Vacek Jan 26, 2010

Suggest you change over from Sams to Costco. They have been outstanding on their prices and tire service. Try to get the tires with the coupons they send out from time to time.

The same thing happened to us.

Rudy Vacek

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices