Having problems with Sam's Club?

Sam's Club reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 8, 2006. The latest review Poor In store customer service was posted on May 13, 2021. The latest complaint lobster tails (twin pack) was resolved on Jan 20, 2020. Sam's Club has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 542 reviews. Sam's Club has resolved 98 complaints.

Sam's Club Customer Service Contacts

Privacy Office, MS #0160, 702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, Maryland
United States - 72716-0160

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sam's Club Customer Service. Initial Sam's Club complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sam's Club above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sam's Club. Discuss the issues you have had with Sam's Club and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sam's Club Complaints & Reviews

Sam's Clubupgraded membership rip off

I have been a member of Sam's for probably 12 years. Several months ago, the check out clerk talked me into purchasing an upgrade for my membership. The promise was that if I did not realize any savings, I could get a complete refund. I paid my money (cash) and got a new card. I have not ever saved a penny with the upgrade, so yesterday, I asked if they would just refund my money. Surprise, surprise--the customer service clerk (Stephanie) went into her "sales speel"--I had not had the upgrade long enough to realize any savings, I could not cancel upgrade until my membership was renewed, yada, yada, yada. I asked to see a manager. Some young guy wandered over, did not introduce himself and repeated all of the same sales messages as Stephanie. I told him that if I could not get my money refunded, I was going to contact headquarters. He said "go ahead".
So I did. Lots of phone calls, no help! The latest offer was that they would refund a portion of the purchase price ($35) but that it would take between 4 and 6 weeks. Amazing--they took cash out of my hand for the upgrade, but all they can do is "mail me" a check.Sam Walton never dreamed of a day when one of his companies would "rip off" a customer! Welcome to the US in 2011---greed capital of the world!

• Sl
      SlayerGal Oct 29, 2011

But when you upgraded your card, you essentially renewed your card for another year.

Their promise to refund would have been held until it was time to renew your card again.

Sam's Club — scam

I ordered for B’day cake at SAMS Club for Sunday. Due to personal emergency I reached SAMS 10 minute...

Members Mark — CHICKEN BONES

I always buy your canned chicken but I was making a chicken dip and while I was shredding it I found a 2 inch...

Sam's Clubslow service

My wait in line yesterday [protected] was longer than usual. It was as though everyone was on break or lunch hour or had gone home. It was around 3:00 in the afternoon. When they finally opened up another line they asked who was paying with credit and they then put the credit card people in a shorter line, but the lady who had put us in another line, opened up her register and took several people from the back of the line, which they got out first and me and another gentlemen were still in the line. When I asked the lady at the register what was the holdup she completely ignored me and asked if I found everything ok, etc. She never responded. When I exited the club, the lady that checks the receipts didn't know what I was talking about and said she didn't now what was going on. It's like they didn't want to at least say, I'm not sure, or anything. Bad business. I was furious.

• Un
        Unvalued associate Feb 20, 2013

Geraldine,
        I was a cashier at Sams Club in Illinois. It is a nationwide policy for ALL greeters to check ALL receipts at the door. If you notice them not doing so, go to corporate. Also, the reason why the person called for credit only, is because cashiers and anyone on a register gets their own till with $150 to start, so if money goes missing they can keep track of which cashier it was. If a cashier has no till, they can ONLY accept credits as to not mess up the tills that have EXACTLY $150 in it, which would throw accounting into a frenzy. I prided myself into taking members as quickly as possible, even if it meant skipping the PLUS and Credit scripts just to get you out the door. Also, door greeters are not in the loop when it comes to the front end. If one cashier has a problem, they aren't going to know, it's not their department.

• Ba
        Barnaby Jun 20, 2012

I sent an email a few days ago.. and am surprised no one replied.I find that the store on 45th street in West Palm Beach is impossible for people needing a power scooter to shop.It appears that most are out of order and the store help does not go out to the parking lot to bring back those that are not in use. There seems to be an air of indifference to making their handicapped and senior buyers to be able to shop. We will not renew our business membership after a couple of recent visits that made a struggle . The local chain supermarkets make their customers happy by always having assistance a priority concern. Good bye Sam's Club

• Ed
        Eddie1052 Nov 26, 2011

The racist comments here are BS. I shop the Sam's Club in Novi frequently and have always had my receipt checked. And I'm as white a snow. And I've been in a line full of white people waiting to exit the store.

• Jt
        jtown24 Oct 06, 2011

Um hands up if this sounds like a troll complaint to you...

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

Why don't they check the receipts of white customers than when I am not shopping. They only check the receipts of white customers if a black is in line behind or in front to pretend they are not racist. If all the customers were white they would not be checking the receipt.

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

"But w/e, so I guess you were just being upset at having to wait in line afterall. Congratulations on being impatient?"

You also would have been impatient if you had to wait in line for8minutes and 34 seconds. I timed it on my timer and this is the longest I had to wait. They only helped those in front of me because I am black and they are white. The gentleman in front of me was white as well, but they had to draw the line somewhere to not look like racists.

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

Look can you guys please stay on subject, and yeah Zachary I admit I was rude but she still should have answered my question. The greeter pretended to not to know what I was talking about besides she is racist she checked my receipt as if I would steal from the store just because I am black and from Nigeria. Also I am contacting a lawyer and suing them because I was so furious that I was not concentrating on my driving and got into an accident because I was driving too fast. They caused this by what they did and I will be suing them.

Geraldine Holliday Sep 16, 2011

"The last time that happened to me, where they started taking people from the line that were behind me, I took it to corporate. That is unacceptable when you've been waiting patiently and then they come and take people from behind you."

Actually they were in front of me.

• lacada22 Sep 16, 2011

I don't know what the complaint is, bbut if you are that upset you should always speak with a manager.

Smart Circle - Direc Tv - Sam's Club — scam artist

Dont EVER sign up through Sams club for direct tv. They are only authorized retailers and will scam you. They...

Sam's Club, Hwy 64, Bartlett, Tn — vicious dog left unattended in truck

On Aug. 15, 2011 I returned some merchandise to Sam's Club on Hwy 64 in Bartlett, Tn. When I wa...

Sam's Club — spoiled carnation evaporated milk

I have been a consumer of Carnation Evaporated Milk since 5 years old and maybe longer. My wife has also used...

Sam's Clubglasses

Approximately 1. 5 years ago i purchased a pair of glasses / bifocals from sams club. In the 1. 5 years that i have owned the glasses the frames have now (Officially as of today 08 / 10 / 2011) broken 3 times at the hinge. This time i am not covered for the 1 year warrantee on them. Needless to say. . . I feel that this is a defective frame and below the quality that i expect to get from sams club. This is very frustrating. I have prescription bifocals and am required / restricted to wearing them while driving. I need and would appreciate your assistance in replacing them or fixing them again.
      Christine wasson
      [protected] or email at [protected]@yahoo.com

Sam's Clubcsm and safety

After being stalked by 3 teenagers who kept lifting their shirts and simulating masturbation at Kaitlyn.. I will NEVER go into the FWB Sam's Club again! My daughter was hysterical that 3 teenage boys kept following us around the store and every time she would look in their direction they'd start hand gestures as if masturbating and lift their shirts... She was no more than 2 ft. from me the whole time and every time I turned, they'd duck behind the endcaps or scurry off... thankfully they didn't realize Her father was with us and when he saw what was happening he went to the CSM and asked her to call the police... she actually REFUSED after demanding to know why and asking how old my daughter was... Needless to say he called 911 on his own and requested a store manager

Sam's Clubmembership

I had a Plus membership with Sams Club however did not realize any additional savings with this membership. When I renewed I went to the customer service counter and renewed stating that I wanted just the regular membership not the Plus membership. About 4 months after my renewal I went to check out and was told that my membership expired. One month before I had gone to the customer service counter and explained this situation that it was the Plus part that was expiring not my regular membership and was told by the girl that my membership was fine but they would keep asking about the Plus and to just say no I don't want it. Well now they say that cannot purchase anything without renewing. I will never shop at Sams Club again. It is a real rip off. I am reading other complaints on this web site about the Plus membership. I will only be renewing my COSTCO membership

• Hb
              hbgguy11 Sep 27, 2011

It sucks that sams club is training and forcing all thier employees to sell plus memberships and putting a quota on them to hit each month/day. Some people have to cheat the system to meet thier goals and keep thier jobs and because of this it is adding to thier already poor customer service, this is just one of many examples of this.

Sam's Clubtreatment of customers

I am getting very sick and tired of sams club treating customers like cattle. A long line and wait for a cooked chicken... 30 minutes. A long wait in the cashiers line, 30 minutes. One hour wasted... Plus the usual crowded aisles and warehouse atmosphere. We really need costco to open up in the fort bend county area. Sams club needs some competition. The new heb opening up near the sams club will help. I'm paying for a 'club membership plus' at sams club but I may as well be at a walmart on check cashing day... It's crowded, service is poor and the attitude towards customers indifferent.

• In
                intellex58 Jul 18, 2011

Then go get you chicken from someplace else, it seems like they would not miss you one bit.

Sam's Clubpoor customer service

I purchased a 1 slice pizza combo.The pizza that was under the light was old and no sauce on it.I asked if I could wait for a fresh piece.The lady said sure it would be 6 mins. so I waited, she came back to me after waiting about 15mins at this time.She then asked me wat I was waiting again after she cooked two orders of pretzels, one pepperoni pizza.She then put the pizza I waited for in but she assumed I orderd a whole pizza but I told her twice it was one slice.So since she cut the pizza in small pieces she put another one in so now I have waited over 30 mins for one slice of pizza.I dont think that was good customer service.

Sam's ClubI will never buy another computer from sam's club, nor will I ever buy another pc

I purchased an HP computer system with 22' screen from Sam's in March 2008 for $1350. I also bought the one year extended warranty. Just about exactly 1 year after purchase the computer ceased connecting to the internet. I called and was told the service person would make an appointment 48 hours after they faxed the order over to them. The repair person did call and said it would be a week for the part to be ordered. A week later, I was told that the person had gone to a funeral for a week. When he finally came two weeks later, it slipped out that he was actually on vacation. He replaced the motherboard, which didn't fix the problem and he said he thought it was the cable company. The cable people came out, no charge within 2 days, checked everything and set up my husband's laptop for him. My next move was to Microsoft, wherein I developed a 'close, personal relationship' with some guy in India over about 10 hours on the phone. After this, I had my entire computer wiped out and was not even able to reinstall the operating system. I again called the service company and they decided that I should ship the computer to Florida where the people there would either fix it or send me a check. I shipped off the computer and a couple of weeks later it was returned, after they replaced the hard drive and reconfigured the motherboard. At this point, the monitor failed and the tower, after initially connecting to the internet, again stopped this function. When I called AGAIN, I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was put on hold several times for extended periods and was told that someone would call me back. A day later they did, and after I angrily said that I was through fiddling around, and I wanted my money back, I was told to my amazement that it was out of their hands and the company in Florida had the final call and that if they decided to repair it 10 times, they would and would not refund my money. I said that I was going to call the Attorney General and the manager said that he would have a repair person come out to my home and fix both the tower and the monitor. He said that it would take two days for the work order to reach the local company (back to the original company that replaced the motherboard). After 3 days I called back, got the runaround and was finally told that they were ordering parts and would call me to schedule an in- home appointment. I am still waiting for the appointment to be made. During this time--I made the first call 2/28, my husband has been out of work, trying to register weekly for unemployment and I have not had the use of my computer. We are now moving into the 3rd month of this nonsense. I am absolutely at my wits end. This is absolutely unacceptable. Had I known that the so-called 'service agreement' meant that I was going to go through this amount of baloney I would never have bought it. At this point, I will never buy another computer from Sam's club, nor will I ever buy another PC. I am absolutely out of patience and furious!

Sam's Club Long Beach — sam's club long beach rude employees

Hello, I am so mad right now I want to apologies for this letter. I would like someone to get back to in...

Sam's Club — returned check

We wrote a check to Sam's club in memphis, which was returned due to our own miscalculation. TRS sent u...

Sam's Club Serviceworthless agreement

• Th
                      TheWayItIs May 30, 2011

Your plan at minimum is a 2-year plan from April 2009 - Mar 2011. All electrical and electronic failures are covered, not software.
                      It doesn't sound as if the "service" company person diagnosed the issue properly. Most of the issues that would cause your problem are well beyond what the $10/hr cust svc rep for the service contract company is competent for.
                      Go to the Club Mgr, he/she has an "escalation" hotline number direct to the service plan administrator. They will take care of you promptly. This escalation should have happended already.

Sam's Club — customer service

I am a business owner and shop at Sams Club frequently about 3/4 days a week. I dread going there, but I...

Sam's Club / Rotisserie Chicken Salad — not real chicken

I bought a jar of Rotisserie Chicken Salad. It was a product made by Sams Club. After eating a little bit of...

Sam's Club — unfair treatment in work place

i was just terminated from Sam's Club in freehold nj, because a customer made an complaint about a...

Samsclub.comI will never get a club membership and will not be ordering from their online system

I was working with my business partner who had the Sam's Club membership and I ordered a pop-up canopy for our outdoor expos. I input my credit card information and the billing address was declined. I called the national call center and they told me it was because their online ordering system only uses the first five digits of the zip code, and NOT the zip + 4. They actually instructed me to call my credit card company and remove the zip + 4 from my billing address! I told them that the Zip + 4 insured that any statements and new cards would be delivered to me and not elsewhere in town. There are mailboxes across town with the same numbers but have a different zip + 4 address. I told them that such misdelivered mail could lead to identity theft and credit card theft, and that they were instructing their shoppers to make their bank and credit accounts less secure. I asked to speak to a supervisor and never got a call back. When I called their call center again, they claimed they could not open the account to view or add any notes even though I had an open incident. When I asked to speak to the person I worked with before, they claimed that person was not in their call center and they had no way of getting a message to him. In this day of global networking, a company that cannot communicate from one office to another and refuses to use zip + 4 in their ordering system is way behind the times. I will never get a club membership and will not be ordering from their online system..

• Te
                        teacher12 Jun 27, 2011

I ordered two Dell mini notebooks for my kids from samsclub.com for Christmas, and the whole experience was horrible.

First, I placed the order on December 8 with samsclub.com. I received an order confirmation for both laptops showing that Sam’s had charged me for both laptops. I tried several times to check my order status online, but only to the message that the order was in the initial stages. When I called Sam’s club, they told me that they had no way to check the status because DELL had not given them DELL order numbers which are not the same as the ones that Sam's uses. Sam’s did not issue corresponding DELL order numbers or tracking numbers for the computers I ordered until after I received the first computer on December 23.

When I called Sam's club to ask why and to try to get information on my order, they told me I would have to contact DELL directly even though I had no way to obtain ANY information because Sam's could not provide me with DELL order numbers so that I could check on the status. When Sam's club FINALLY updated the information for my order on their website, they showed that my order had shipped...I had only gotten one laptop but had paid for two. AGAIN, no one at Sam's club could give me any answers, but they promised to get to the bottom of the situation and contact me. No one ever contacted me via phone or email.

When I used the order number that was on the shipping information for the ONE laptop I did receive, I was able to see all of the orders that were purchased by Sam’s Club. I was even able to see the addresses to which the computers were being shipped, the date they were supposed to arrive, and even the security gate codes for the addresses!!!

Four calls later and after being assured that they would fill my order and deliver the computer I paid for...it was now January 17. Remember, I placed the original order on December 8, they told me that they had "refunded my money" even though I had been promised over the phone multiple times that they would fill the order for the price that I had paid.

When I explained to them the error had been theirs, and they should honor my order, they told me that was not company policy because I had never received the computer. When I pointed out that I had ordered that computer at a reduced price, and that I thought they should honor that order since the error was theirs. They offered to place a second order for me for the same computer at a much higher price. I told them I would never place another order with them, and I was curtly told to "have a good day" and then disconnected.

How long should it take to resolve an order problem? More than a month? I am most upset because on January 17th my son still had no Christmas present. It would have been nice to know that they had no intention of filling my order before this much time passed and before I spent valuable time calling and trying to track down my order.

Please think twice before ordering ANYTHING from Samsclub.com, and if you do, don't expect much.

• Mc
                        mcsquared Jun 03, 2011

• Cg
                        cgray2 Mar 28, 2011

I sincerely apologize for you inconveniences, you can contact me directly at [protected] and will be happy to assist you. Cindy Gray Call Center Ops Manager.