Complaints & Reviews

unfair policy

I saw a writing desk on clearance but the price was more than I was willing pay and the manager stated that if I call in a few days the price may get lowered. I called again after couple days and they were right, it dropped dramatically. I asked if they can put a HOLD or if I can pay for it. They said that is not their policy so I would have to come in. I drive in within the half hour and someone happened to take it right when I was walking in. I complained to the managers and they said sorry - first come first serve.

I think this is very unfair since I requested it and cause I got there 5 minutes late, I missed it.

• Re
    Redbirdwarrior Jul 30, 2009

This isn't unfair, you are just a ###. As a former floor associate of Sam's Club, I can tell you that I have dealth with these kinds of "unfairness" claims before. Store Policy: YOU DO NOT HOLD CLEARANCED ITEMS. It is stated clearly at the customer service desk. If you wanted that desk that bad, perhaps you should have called at 9 AM when the store opened and went then.

noneofyerbusiness Feb 09, 2010

Sam's Club holds no merchandise for more than 24 hours, and does not hold clearanced merchandise at all!

scam and cheating

I returned to the store within 7 minutes, but the technician who had broken my alloy wheel had vanished! I told Sandy, the cashier who handled the transaction about the damage, and she came outside to inspect the car with the technician who had installed the West side tires. They said that 'the broken piece came off when their technician pulled off the old weight!' But their nervousness, and the disappearance of the culprit technician right away -2 hours before closing time- showed that they knew about the damage done to my car, and they had the excuses ready. 'We have nothing to do with that, ' Sandy said. She then, brought a camera, and took a picture of the battered wheel for the back of the flat hammered spot that made the damage almost invisible to the camera - except the broken chip section. Then they told me that 'we have cameras everywhere, ' we will find out what happened.

A few days later, I received a message from David Horton, of Claims Management, Inc. (CMI) who told me he represented an insurer fro Sams Club, and lauded the good services to its customers. But from a letter I received from CMI, it doesn't look to me like an independent insurance carrier; it looks like a Walmart branch that disposed legitimate customers complaints, and probably get bonuses for saving Walmart money.

And that is the epitome of ARROGANCE of a behemoth company that can do damage to anybody, and nobody can tough them - even legally. That dawned on me because I watched some time back an NBC documentary in which a woman judge is Texas said she had issued several Court Orders to Walmart, but Walmart had ignored ALL OF THEM!!!

rude

On 5 June 2009 My family and I went to Sams Club in Catonsville Md. I was visiting from Tx.
We were there to purchase food for my Grandsons graduation. The Lady that checked us out was very, very nice. We purchased 6 Hugs and Kiss's but she only had 2 at her check out. She called over which I thought was a supervisor and asked her if she would get 4 more. Supervisor went over to another cashier and she had one. The supervisor took it but the cashier took it back and said it was hers. The Supervisor left. We waited and waited and finally she came back with
out any thing. The cashier, be fore she started some one elses order she came to us and said she hasn't come back?. We said no. So she went and found us the 4 more and apologized to us. Then to leave the three people in front of us was not checked but we sure were. I belong to SamsClub for over 4 years in Texas and use it for my Business. I spend around $600.00 to $900.00 every 6 to 8 weeks. Was this insindent because we are white? I really have a lot of respect for the cashier that waited on us. Thankyou Germaine Arneson

Margaret Rhodes May 19, 2011

I worked in Macy's and we the employees are FORCED to ask customers to Open Credit Accounts, I lost my job because I didnt opened enough credit accounts :-( the economy it is bad..

• Sr
    srchng4care May 19, 2011

i know i think thats wrong also! if they dont want to they DONT WANT TO most people now a days have bad credit lol

• Az
    azucita Sep 30, 2011

I entered your store with my 6 month old son.I asked and employee if they had a restroom. She then told me no public restroom and confirmed it with another employee. As I was shopping the same employee handed her keys to a male employee and asked him to open the restroom for a Caucasian lady..

• He
    heath2011 Sep 30, 2011

No dollar tree does not have public restrooms for insurance purposes. How do you know the white woman was not an employee and had to use the bathroom? not all employees would have keys only the managers

poor customer service!

I placed an order on-line for some classroom tables. It took 4 weeks to get them delivered. When they showed up - they had brought me a patio set. When I finally got the tables one was damaged. I filled out the requested info they asked for, got an email that I would get another email telling me what to do for the return. I have never heard another word from Sam's - it's been 6 weeks. In the meantime I'm calling and trying to get someone to help me. Many phone calls later - the last was just a few minutes ago - they STILL can't/won't help me.

This kind of customer service is completely unacceptable. I will NEVER order from Sam's again - I don't care what I have to pay.

tires service

To whom it may concern: I purchased Brand New Tires from Sams club in Rome, GA in January, 2008. I purchased...

emplyees are allowed to spit in your pizza & then they cancel the club memeber's memember ship, emplyee still has job

An employee in the food court dated my son, plus many others in the club too, after a while he had broken up with her. She made a comment that if she could get away with spitting in my pizza in 2008 that she would. I ordered pizza through management on the phone for 2 hours later so I would not be taking that risk of such nature. Management assured me Tyra was her name that Sierra would not be making my pizza. I arrived in the club 10 minutes early for my pizza thinking that it already may be done early. Next thing you know Sierra walked out of the cooler with my pizza (no cameras in there). I was hesitant on the order, as I walked to the car with the pizza it bothered me as I sat in my car, so I decided with having those thoughts of my niece (19 at the time) over hearing her say that about my pizza. I walked in to customer service and returned the pizza, they wanted an explanation so I gave it to them of exactly what had taken place. Greg the manager that was jumping up and down with the pizza saying, "ha ha look, Sierra did not spit in it, I am going to take this to the break room and eat it and so are the other employees". I had a real puzzled look on my face, like why was he acting queer, and he was not there to see if in fact that he spit in it or not. My son that worked there at the time said that is how Greg is.

The lady at the door that greets you and/or puts a line on your receipt, knows the honest to God truth of all what happened of all of this and what took place on that day in the past 2008 and on 4/24/09 and they tell her to not say anything at all about it, as she knows in her heart what they have done to me, (she seems to feel bad about this to me when I talk to her) is wrong and God will punish and or judge those who need to be on this incident. She can not say anything or she will lose her job.

June 2008, I moved to AZ until March 2nd 2009...

After being in there store, 6 or 7 times since March 2nd 2009, and Sierra in the food court always getting on the phone when my son or I would glance to see if she is looking at us, which I would tell my younger son, "do not look at her". ... Any way, they ended up calling the Hickory Police Dept. on me and not knowing that I attend church with the chief of Police Hank Guess. The police made me leave and Sam's Club revoked my membership but I did not find out until 4/23/09.

When I got home from their Club on 4/23/09 #6355 after being harassed by the lady at the returns counter and the manager as I walked out of the store in tears, explaining to a couple that asked exiting the store what that was all about... I called the Sam's Club Corporate Office...This is what they in fact told me, " They said that on March 25th 2009 it was entered into their computers by Sam's Club 6355 store number which is located in Hickory, NC 28601 that I am not to be in any Sam's Club or Wal-Mart ever again in my life because that on December 23rd 2008, I was in fact in their store club #6355, and got caught shop lifting in there. Wow, am I ever puzzled over all of this...

If you remember above in this complaint, I lived in Arizona in December 2008.

Jonny Apr 26, 2009

If I were you, I would "F" Sierra up, don't do it though as you will go to jail, find another way to get to her or have somebody else do it for you.

And what kind of management would do something of that nature to somebody if they were in fact a real manager? Sounds like Greg is gay to me. I would get a lawyer if I were you and sue the hell out of them!!!

Jonny Apr 26, 2009

If you had a business membership with Sam's, they will be losing all kinds of money from you, so it will be their loss not yours...GO TO COSTCO, THEY ARE WAY BETTER!!! I lOVE COSTCO, I would never put money into Sm'a Club or Wal-Mart Corporation ever, they don't give a sh about you any way.

Sam's Club Employees can get stoned and drunk (on their liquor that is stolen by the employees) on the job, and they are dumb enough not even to know this.

• Hk
    hkj;ljkhbg Aug 16, 2009

This story doesn't make sense and when something is so blatantly confusing there is typically a reason why. I think you're full of it.

• Th
    themagicman Sep 23, 2009

i think you are a crazy ### who always plays the victim. Even though you do steal from sams clubs and other stores. I have never heard of anyone like you are, ur one of a kind. crazy, pathetic, idiotic, backstabbing, lunatic, i mean these are only a few word that describe you and do not even scratch the surface. u r a waste of life. you r just a big pile of grabbastic amphibian $#!t. take fault for your own actions adn dont take your stupidity out on someone else

damage of car during service

I went to Sams Club as a member, and ordered a set of 4 Michelin tires that don't stock for my 2003 Toyota Camry on April 10, 2009, and paid for upfront. On April 14, 2009, I received a call at 4:10pm that the tire set was in, was told they were not busy, and I could go in and have the set installed in about 45 minutes. I went in, paid the installation fees, and the car was driven into the bay area, while I stood behind the glass window outside the service area to watch the process. One tech on the east side of the car took two wheels to install, and another on the west side took the other two. The one on the east side -closer to my window post- looked nervous and in a hurry -even though I was told they close at 7:00pm- and when he installed the tire in the rim, and took it to the balance spinner, he stroke the alloy wheel rim 6-8 times with an all metal hammer where he put a balance weight. He, then, left the wheel spinning, while he fitted the second tire on its rim. Upon fitting, the second tire, he returned to the spinning balance bay, and again stroke the alloy wheel rim another 5-6 times -without any further spinning! I knew right away that a balance weight doesn't need about 15 hammer strikes to set in, and upon installation I took the car to the corner of the parking lot for inspection. I expected the weight to look really smashed, but it look pristine - no scratch. However, next to the balance weight, the alloy wheel was hammered flat!!!, and a piece had broken off!! I returned to the store within 7 minutes, but the technician who had broken my alloy wheel had vanished! I told Sandy, the cashier who handled the transaction about the damage, and she came outside to inspect the car with the technician who had installed the West side tires. They said that "the broken piece came off when their technician pulled off the old weight!" But their nervousness, and the disappearance of the culprit technician right away -2 hours before closing time- showed that they knew about the damage done to my car, and they had the excuses ready. "We have nothing to do with that, " Sandy said. She then, brought a camera, and took a picture of the battered wheel for the back of the flat hammered spot that made the damage almost invisible to the camera - except the broken chip section. Then they told me that "we have cameras everywhere, " we will find out what happened. A few days later, I received a message from David Horton, of Claims Management, Inc. (CMI) who told me he represented an insurer fro Sams Club, and lauded the good services to its customers. But from a letter I received from CMI, it doesn't look to me like an independent insurance carrier; it looks like a Walmart branch that disposes legitimate customers complaints, and those supposed investigators probably get bonuses when they whitewash Walmarts liability and pay nothing. That is what I extrapolate from my own experience. To add insult to injury, David called me two days later, and told me that he watched the tire installation video, and look at the damage picture, and there was nothing improper and no damage!!! Sure, when the customer cannot see their video, and when Sams staff take pictures of the damage from the back to conceal it, that is COVER UP! I told David to come and inspect the damage in my car, and he wanted pictures. It is hard to get a full picture on the inside side of the rim, which is partially obscured by the sidewall curve. Honest insurance investigators evaluate damages in person - not from 700 miles away - in Arkansas. And that is the epitome of ARROGANCE of a behemoth company that can do damage to anybody, and nobody can touch them - even legally. That dawned on me because I watched some time back an NBC documentary in which a woman judge is Texas said she had issued several Court Orders to Walmart, but Walmart had ignored ALL OF THEM!!! The Epilogue of this sordid Sams Club damage and denial to my automobile, and the inability even of the courts to make that behemoth beast comply or take responsibility for its actions, shall serve as a warning to all those who try to save a few bucks: You may save a few bucks, but you may also get much more damage to your car, and you will have no recourse - even with a lawyer. State courts, and state attorney generals are no match for Walmart. Only the U.S. Justice Department can tackle Walmart, but they have no jurisdiction on local consumer complaints. The moral of the story on this [redacted]. The bigness of Walmart and Sams Club affords them the Power of Arrogance, the Power to defy State Courts, and the Power to Damage Your Car, and then ignore any legitimate complaint with impunity! Their bottom line is profit, and covering their damages will reduce it. Deal with them at your own risk! But please read 30 more reports of ripp of at "[redacted]s." Nikos, River Grove, Illinois

• Wi
    winston legtheigh Oct 13, 2009

Im going to go out on a limb here and guess that you know nothing about nor have you ever mounted tires. Next time go to a dealership and request the use of adhesive wheel weights.

damage to property

I've been a member of Sam's Club for some time so I decided to get 4 new tires there. Deal wa...

hp laptop

I am very disappointed with the 2 year extended warranty that I purchased from Sam's Club. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing with this company and as I read I see that I am not the first customer to experience this and something needs to be done. I have returned my HP laptop a total of 3 times...the warranty company tells me that I have only returned it twice. Each time this repair company Cybertest and Micromedics have returned my laptop to me unrepaired. In fact the initial problem was that the monitor went out. Now not only does the monitor not work the laptop will not even boot up. I have talked to several managers at the warranty company Tracey(a gentleman who told me that he refused to let me speak with someone higher) and Devin who also gives me the run around saying that the computer needs to be sent back yet another time...and that the only way the pc would be replaced at this point is if Cybertest states that they are unable to repair the laptop. Not only does the laptop still not work but it also has cosmetic damamge and they returned it without the remote. I am so frustrated with this and feels that this is anunfair way to treat a customer after you get their money.

• Cm
    Cmorelle Mar 15, 2010

I agree, I had also a bad experience with this people. I sent my laptop in the box the mailed to me. they claimed that my laptop arrived damage, but I was not noyify untill they sent me the laptop back. when I call them to complaina bout the damage to my laptop they told me that the box was not damage and that there was nothing they could do. Anyone who has seen the box that they want people to use knows that it does not have the right protection. after traying to speack with these poeple. I decided to give up.
    In conclusion I will never buy an extended warranty at Sams club it is a joke.

[email protected]

refused service

I had an eye exam on 11/26/08. I had had pnuemonia for 5 weeks and did not get back for my follow-up. About 2...

associate/manager

I just find that it is my responsability to worn any one that I can about the manager at the Mobile, AL Sam...

unauthorized charges

I went to Sam's Club and my bill was higher than I expected. I asked why and the cashier said the extra...

credit card scams

2004 I took out a sams membership and it's credit card. I used it for a major purchase and then paid it off. Never used it again. A year later, after relocating to another state, the sams membership auto renewed, and charged that renewal to my card ( unknown to me) ...Some months later, I discovered that hey had reported me to the credit bureaus as delinquent and a charge off -- I did get the charges removed, and discontinued membership, but 4 and 5 years later, it is still haunting my credit record. they are unscrupulous crooks and liars. I will never do business with GE Money Bank, or Sams clubs again as a result of this.

• Be
    bewitch Feb 28, 2009

well u no i had the same thing happen to me i called sams cust service and theyfixed it for me i moved and never updated my address my fault forgot i had it noticed it called them it was off my credit report 30 days later so i would call them and not yell just talk to them and tell them what happen .

• Un
    Uncommon_Sense Mar 05, 2009

Yeah they will fix it if they have the incorrect address...no need to freak out about it though since you moved and never notified your credit card company. Or file a dispute with the FCRA.

g e money bank

Went to buy food at Sams club with my card with them and I had just paid them two thousand dollars on the...

gas pump shut off not working

at least (2) gas pumps at Sams club in Tampa Fla the auto shut off did not work, gas on ground & shoes. no...

selling online auction items as new when they are refurbished with no warranty

I purchased a 50" New Philips plasma TV from Samsclub.com on their auction. I received it & upon turning it on, immediately noticed it was defective. (There was a 2" wide border along the entire left border of the screen which was vertical, multicolored lines) I called Philips & gave them the Model # of the TV. They said that since the model number ended in a "B", it meant that the TV was refurbished & that there was no warranty for it. It clearly states on samsclub.com auction that they only auction off NEW items in their original packaging & also states that items have a warranty on the page, before you bid on them. Sam's Club said the TV needs to be returned within 30 days for a refund. They will not repair it or replace it for another. BEWARE of their auction, as they are selling refurbished electronics as New without a warranty!! I have filed a complaint with the FTC regarding this

Maggie May Morgan Nov 17, 2010

I was very un-pleasantly surprised to learn that a Chi flat Iron I purchased at Sams Club In Bentonville Ar. was sold as a new item, was actually a refurbished item ! I could hardly believe what I was hearing. I wanted to exchange the flat iron as it was not working properly and the associate at the service desk informed me that I had purchased a refurbished item. She was willing to give me store credit for the item but could not do an even exchange because there was a $ 20 price difference. I inspected the flat iron up one side and down the other and asked her " where does this say this is refurbished " to which she answered "it doesn't say it I just know because of the price any Chi flat iron you buy here that is under $90 is refurbished " I had paid $80 for mine so therefore that told her it was refurbished. I have to say I'm quite disappointed that Sams club would sell something refurbished as a new item that is just dishonesty and shady.

Maggie May Morgan Nov 17, 2010

disappointed

• Bj
    B. Jackson Apr 20, 2011

I am also very disappointed with Sam's Club for selling me a refurbished Dell computer that has been nothing but a problem for me since I got it two years ago. I didn't start using it right away while waiting for daughter to start it for me. I started having problems shortly after she started it up. I complainted to Dell about the problem. I sent it to Dell for repair after it got so hot I couldn't keep it on my lap without severe pain in the thigh. When I got it back, it shut down on me twice and I had to pay someone to start it back up for me. I notice when searching the hard drive that it had files stored since 2005, long before I purchased the computer. I kept getting a message that I was using too much storage when I hadn't saved anything on the hard drive at all. I am still having problems today despite having a friend try to clean my hard drive. This computer is trash. Sam's Club should be fined for selling refurbished items for new.

• Ti
    Tina Dec 23, 2013

SAMS CLUB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CON ARTISTS! ! ! ! SAM WALMART, SHAME ON YOU ! ! ! ! ! I won a bid for a television, thinking I was getting a good price. They socked me for 83.00 in shipping charges, making it no deal at all!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. I also will no longer continue to renew my membership and will never buy another item from them EVER!!!

• Tu
    Tulipa Moran Nov 26, 2016

I purchased several years ago what I thought was a brand new Sony Bravia LED 42" flat panel. It came in a brand new box - I had ever expectation the TV was new. I recently terminated cable TV and switched to online streaming. The Sony Bravia Sam's Club sold me for did not have a Coaxial Antenna plug. I contacted Sony for the coaxial antenna plug and they sent out a technician. The technician helping me with with the TV showed me a label with a picture of the coaxial antenna plug - IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED FROM THE FACTORY. He couldn't install for free because he showed me a "Refurbished" sticker on the back of the TV. I never purchased a refurbished TV form Sam's and can't believe they did this to me. I will NEVER shop at Sam's Club again.

scam and cheating

I called Sam's Club about my table top cracking. It was the heavy slate -mable table. They told me to get in touch with JRA Furniture which I did. They told me they would replace my table. then they went out of business. No wonder when they lye to their customers like this. To pay over $700.00 for a piece of furniture that was kept under a porch and not even in the sun or rain is crazy. Didn't even last a year. Sam's said there wasn't anything they could do.

AntiComplainer Mar 03, 2009

I'm surprised that the club didn't do anything for you. It is unfortunate that the company when out of business, but I would imagine that they would give you something! Sorry!

donation and throwing food away

Sam's Club has just lost my business. We own a restaurant and Sam's Club supplied food to us. Last...

awful everything

I have been a member of Sams Club for over 3 years and a die-hard shopper of both Sams Club and Walmart...

awful place

The reps for the collectors are in Jamacia and you can not understand a word they say. They have called my home at least 2 times a day after being told several times of our circumstances. Sams Club and Walmart outsource their credit card to GE Money who outsources to Alliance One. THis is why so many Americans do not have jobs-so BOYCOTT SAMS CLUB AND WALMARTS. This has become a real hight mare for me and if I can, I want every one to stop shopping at the above referenced stores. And do not use a GE MONEY BANK card for anything.

• Un
    Uncommon_Sense Mar 05, 2009

There are no collections reps in Jamaica with that credit card...Alliance One is an actual collection agency though...so they may hav reps there. So if your credit card was charged off due to non payment, then the agency bought your debt from the credit company, and are now trying to get the money that you now owe them...