Woolworths

GPO Box 4535, Sydney 2001

Locations

Complaints & Reviews

Freash mix vegetables 800 grm mixed rainbow vege — Found broken glass in vege

This has been reported to product recall and was told it wasn' important enough to notify the store where purchased. The glass found in the mix could have easily harmed if not kill an older person. I sure I will take this inaction by Woolworths to the media. The store was contacted by me the next morning and they were shocked and in disbelief that the were not notified by head office. They imediatley removed any of the mentioned products from shelf's. They were very concerned about this situation

Staff member — Philippino staff member from cigarette counter

At around 10am this morning Tuesday 24th March 2020
This staff member was absolutely rude to me,
I asked her if the store had hand sanitizer and she mentioned that she didn't have any, I then walked to the pharmacy next door to ask if they had some.
As I approached their counter,
whom I thought was their staff member, she had a uniform on and a mask, I politely asked the staff member the same question about hand sanitizer and she rudely told me to stop following her and that she didn't have any!

On that I realized it was the same staff member with which you employ to serve your customers!

I asked her why she is even here in the pharmacy then, if doesn't work there!
She quickly ran back to work
(your Bondi Junction store)
so that she didn't get caught out, I presume!

I was left feeling very angry as she was rude to me and gave me no respect as a person at all, her customer skills were non existent and she clear had no loyalty to her customers waiting in line for her at her place of work!

I appreciate that these are tough times,
I know I work 2 jobs both in nursing
(aged care)
And I just needed to get some hand sanitizer for myself and my children.

Woolworths Trolleys — Dirty handles on Trolleys

With the Corona Virus spreading I thought I might remind you that the handlebars on the trolleys are used by everyone. Woolworths should have spray bottles and paper towels for customers to use as they enter the store free or pay a worker to keep the trolley handles clean. They are disgusting and prone to spreading the Corona Virus to customers.
Also Woolworths should be a leader in stopping bus loads of Asians stripping out rural stores of stock. IGA Portland are only selling to local customers to keep the locals supplied. My question is Why can't Woolworths do the same ?

Toilet paper — None available

I have been to the Macarthur Square Campbelltown NSW store every day for a week. Including 2 trips at 7am
No toilet paper for a week. I find it hard to believe there has been no toilet paper deliveries for a week. I am now down to my last 2 rolls. Not happy. Also I was lucky to buy a small package of rice. Only needed a small packet so was pleased. When I opened it that night, there were weivels. Can't win!
Please tell me where the toilet paper is !!!

• Zachary2001 Mar 18, 2020

Please tell me where the toilet paper is !!!

In the garages of those who stalked up thinking by those who think that the Cronia Virus will lead to an apocalypse.

• Zachary2001 Mar 18, 2020

@Zachary2001 Stocked. I made that error. Not even going to blame autocorrect.

• Zachary2001 Mar 18, 2020

@Zachary2001 Stocked. I made that error. Not even going to blame autocorrect.

Service s — Violated by store manager, embarrassed and insulted

I was shopping with my family and my daughter wanted to go to the toilet. So I left my partner to finish the shop while I took my daughter to the plaza toilet. As my daughter was washing her hands the store manager asked if I had anything in my bag? I replied saying no! She then grabbed my bag and had a look and then grabbed my chest, to see if I had anything in my bra? This all happened in front of my daughter. I then left the toilet to go see my partner and embarrassed that all the staff and customers were watching me.
I feel violated, embarrassed and insulted and what right does your staff have following people into toilets and search them? I will be taking this further.

panic buying — no restrictions until now

What a disgrace coles and woolworths. Why the hell did it take so so long for these greedy organisations to put limits on their goods?? It was soo evident from the first...

Woolworths AustraliaUnethical behaviour

Even as late as last night, woolies were promoting their early opening hours for this morning [ 7 to 8 ] to help pensioners and others have a first go at shopping for their needs. We all know what that means, toilet paper, first and foremost.
I was at North Park Adelaide woolies, along with other elderly people, waiting for it to open.
When it was, Everybody headed for the toilet rolls shelf's. We could not believe it, the shelves were EMPTY!!!
People were getting angry, feeling that they have been conned, lied to, wasted their time. Some were calling for the manager, others decided they will call news stations.
I talked to the manager, telling her that everybody was very unhappy, feeling coned. While I wasn't whispering, she accused me of yelling at her and saying she will call security, which she did, I was not impressed and told her so. Next minute, another staff member walks up, saying its the governments fault. What?????
The manager asked me what should she do, its not her fault.
What she could have done is that as soon as she found out there will be no stock delivered, to stick A4 sheets of paper outside, explaining the situation. This would have stopped the agro and not wasted customers time.

Franc.

Erindale Woolworths — customer service

We have witnessed a woolworths employee being rude to people for no reason. This employee by the name of Lisa was very rude to me when I asked her when or if there will be anymore...

Woolworths AustraliaEveryday Rewards not given for mobile

I purchased a mobile SIM and activated it on 13.3.20. I followed all instructions to link my everyday rewards card. I did my shop on 14.3.2020 and it cost $240. The ten percent discount was not applied. I am very disappointed. I rang to speak to everyday rewards about this problem. The phone cut off and said that it was outside call hours, even though it was during call hours. I would like my ten percent discount that I was promised when I purchased the mobile SIM to be applied to my grocery shop.

hoffman.[protected]@gmail.com

Woolworths AustraliaOnline ordering system

I normally shop in store, but I currently have a cold so thought I would do the right thing and order on line so not to infect anyone else in the current climate. My order number [protected] ordered on Wed 11-03-20 was delivered on Friday 13-02-20 but no toilet roll was supplied. I find it amazing that your store is stating there are no issues with getting supplies and that you restock every day, I only ordered the allowable amount of one pack as per what is stated on your website and my order was submitted 2 days prior to delivery but still item was not available. I did not need the toilet rolls for stockpiling I needed my normal fortnightly supply. I will therefore now have to now go into the store and risk infecting other people with my cold so that I can get toilet roll. In this time when we are being asked not to stand close to people and stay at home when we have any infections I find this delivery issue quite ridiculous.

Woolworths AustraliaOnline order for click and collect

Placed a click and collect order on Tuesday morning (10 March) as I was advised items were available so I assumed they would be set aside as I ordered and paid. Have now been told (5 hours prior to collection time on Wednesday 11 March) that items are out of stock and will not be made available at any time. This is completely unacceptable and misleading. This service should be shut down as it obviously exists for no reason if items are not being held when they are ordered and paid for. Resolution is that items are available for me to collect as promised.

Woolworths AustraliaBullied by staff member

My wife and I as an elderly couple were absolutely bullied and humiliated by a staff member called Tracy at Kerang Supermarket this afternoon 10th March after 1300hrs . The issue was over the limit of two packs toilet paper per customer.My wife was with me packing for her had placed her two packs through the self-serve checkout when a staff member approached and stated that Tracy at the central console noticed that I Barry
had been through before and purchase store quota I explained that the store quota was clearly two per customer and this was my wife's quota.
At this time Tracy several meters away at the central console yelled in a loud voice stating that it wasnt fair as she had noticed that I Barry had purchased two packs earlier and I challenged that yes but these are my wife's.She then continued to berate us whilst the other staff member removed the disputed items from the register.We have never been more humiliated and were made to feel worthless. Would she treat a same-sex couple in this way if they made individual purchases a more obvious human rights violation?I reiterate that this was in front of other staff and customers in a small community where we are well known and trusted.The store manager Leigh was informed to make a formal complaint.Please respond,

Regards Barry Seipolt
[protected]@hotmail.com

Woolworths AustraliaReturning an item

I bought a product at Mona Vale which when I got home found was two weeks out of date, it was inconvenient to return it but I had to as I couldn't use it for dinner. So suffice to say that it caused me some annoyance and time I did not have. The girl who served me at Avalon where I returned the product was called Sana and she was very rude, firstly demanding to know what was wrong with it and then seeming to be annoyed at me that it had to be returned. Then when I said nicely maybe they should check the shelves more often she said in a voice that was quite aggressive - they do it just happens, mistakes happen - it was not the words, it was the tone and there was absolutely no apology. Just maybe a friendlier voice saying ‘sorry about this, they're usually very good but sometimes things get missed' I felt like I was a nuisance and that it was ok to talk to me in such an aggressive manner when in actual fact I was the one who had been inconvenienced. I understand mistakes happen and I also understand customer service which is not what I received in this instance. It may be a small thing but it's the principle

Regards

Leonie Scott

Woolworths AustraliaOnline orders

Ordered online, for the first time ever, got my confirmation of my order and my order number, checked track my order before I left home, to ensure my purchase was ready to be collected, double checked because of the recent shortages. Arrived at the store to be told the product I had ordered was out of stock, that there was at least six other customers who did not receive their orders either, and that there was nothing they could do, the stock just was not there, told that I would receive a new email refunding me my purchase, not that it would be reordered or back ordered. That the was nothing they could do. Have screen shot my tracking details, to prove I was told it was there!

Online orders

Woolworths AustraliaHome delivery drivers

2 Sundays in a row I have been woken at 6.45am by 2 of your home delivery drivers. Sunday is meant to be a day of rest, a sleep in, the 1 day in a week I don't need to get up but sadly your drivers are extremely loud slamming their doors shut, banging the creates around and then knocking on my door. What makes it worse is I didn't order anything from you people. The guy knocked me out of bed frightening the hell out of me and my kids only to apologise that he had the wrong address. Your drivers need to be educated on being as quiet as possible at that hour of the morning and learn to read the number on the letter box before knocking. They also need to park out the front of the recipient of the delivery instead of my drive way. I'm extremely unhappy with this situation!!

Woolworths Australia — discrimination against customers

I just been to Woolworths Endeavour Hills in Endevour Hills Shopping centre. All the toilet paper was out of stock but noticed that the manager on duty with another staff member...

Woolworths AustraliaPayment procedures

Unethical behaviour by one of the store manager
Hi there i do my shopping the last 30 years at Woolworths plumpton marketplace, and i do trust Woolworths and have my car insured with them.On 3/3/2020 at 9:10am i went to shop at Woolworths plumpton. on my way to checkout i experienced problems with other customers try to pass
their trolley through to where i was standing. they pushed me few times, i was frustrated, i called the manager to step forward, she
was few meters away from me. when she came at me i said to her you are the manager, and i have almost four people pushing me, before i finished
my word she said to me yes i am the manager, and i will decide if i serve you or not, because i do not accept abuse from people like you .
I was impressed . i said okey. then on my way out, i ask to speak to her again, she came back to me, and first thing to say to me was you
are not going to shop here again? is that what you have to tell me, i said no please stop interrupt me and listen what i have to say,
she said make it quick because i am not impressed, i said to her me too, and then she just walk away . she was deliberately rude  .

Woolworths AustraliaUnauthorised credit card charges

Following an email I received from Woolworths on the 2nd February, 2020, to complete an online Survey I am writing to advise Woolworths of what seems to be 2 unauthorised credit card charges on my Visa Card!

At the completion of the online Survey I was offered a supposed ‘free' reward for doing so.

There were various 'free' reward choices and I chose the beauty products.
I was asked to pay for the delivery of these products at the approximate costs of $3 & $4 respectively.
I paid for the delivery with my visa card and unfortunately didn't keep a copy of the receipt.

At no time did I authorise the payments of $144.10 & $138.95 for the products at a total of $283.05 which now both appear on my current Vias Card Bill.

The products I received in the mail were
1. NuPetit - Anti Wrinkle Complex - 30mls - from ‘Improve Body Health' - $144.10 (incl Overseas Txn Fee $4.20 AUD) &

2. NuPetit - Anti Aging Moisturising Cream - 30mls - from Optimise Pro Aging - $138.95 (incl Overseas Txn Fee $4.05 AUD)

My current Visa Card Bill has the 2 products individually charged for, from different companies, despite them being produced by the same company,
at a total of $283.05, neither of which I approved for payment.

I am asking Woolworths to provide compensation for the cost of these products neither of which I authorised. There is no way I would have purchased these products and I definitely wouldn't have purchased them at the prices I was charged.

I definitely will never complete another online survey for any company following this debacle.

I regularly shop at my local Woolworths supermarket and am generally a happy customer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Jenny Gallagher
E: [protected]@optusnet.com.au

Unauthorised credit card charges
Unauthorised credit card charges

Woolworths Australia — Service from staff

Very rude staff member at checkout, was trying to be argumentative so I went to another checkout. On 24th of February at casino store at about 12pm. Staff member deliberately rude...

Woolworths Australia — Unethical behaviour by one of the store manager

Approximately 2.15pm Sunday 23rd of February 2020 I was shopping at woollies in Woolgoolga, My son wanted up & go drinks, at the price of these drinks I was trying to work out...

Woolworths Australia — bread - helga's wholemeal grain loaf low stock

Yesterday I took an empty Helga's bag in and complained that there was nil stock on the shelves and asked why. However, the helpful lady showed me that there was 1 on the top...

Woolworths Australia — petrol discount vouchers

Can I exchange my 4c a litre for something else. It is not worth anything I can get petrol cheaper from three (3) other local service stations even without the 4c a litre off...

Woolworths Australia — bananas

591149 Hi Yesterday I bought 2 bananas from your Hervey Bay, Qld (Elizabeth Street) store and this morning I was very disappointed to open this one to have with my breakfast. I was able...

Woolworths Australia — abused by 2ic

I was accosted by Kaylene Saunders 1785 and accused of spitting on a cafe worker and intimidating her, which I stated did not happen. I left the cafe in November 19 and have not...

Woolworths Australiabirch & waite hollandaise sauce

I am very disappointed in woolworths for deleting the only good hollandase sause in there entire range the birch and waite hollandase sause 200ml in the produce department it is the only quality one they stock the ones in the longlife section are horrible. bring it back and stop deleting stuff that is good with no replacement this happens more and more its not good enough

birch & waite hollandaise sauce

Woolworths Australia — petrol station

I pulled into the petrol station this afternoon at 5.55 pm the normal closing time for a Saturday is 6pm, I went to put petrol in my car next to another lady who was about to...

Woolworths Australiafrozen 375g chicken satay with long grain rice cooked in a crunchy peanut sauce

I'm writting in this complaint as the packet says mild heat which might I add is very much not mild it is very strongly heated with green curry paste which is much hotter then your normal curries are and even after adding more peanut butter to it was still over barring to eat.. Can you please resolve this issue as it is very hot and is false advertisement.. Thank you

frozen 375g chicken satay with long grain rice cooked in a crunchy peanut sauce

Woolworths Australia — poor service

Over the last few weeks a disturbing practice has set-in. Six auto pay terminals are switched off during peak periods ( causing customers to que and divert else where to get...

Woolworths Australia — frustration of financial loss for products

Good Morning, I am wishing to forward my frustration and question how your online ordering is set up. I commenced doing online ordering and collection from Greensborough...

Woolworths Australia — lamb leg steaks

591149 I bought Lamb leg steaks on the 8th February at the Seville store. This is the second time I have bought this product and both times the pieces of meat looked perfect on the tray...

Woolworths Australia — dreamy chocolate cookies

I used to be a major fan of the dreamy cookies when I first found them as "santa cookies" a few years ago. However, all stores started overcooking them, you used to be...

Woolworths Australiayour fraud policies

On or about January 12/13 my credit card was fraudulently attacked with three fraudulent debits. My bank identified them and we immediately cancelled the card and had a new one issued.
One of the fraudulent transactions was on Dan Murphy. $135.84 card ending in 9703.
Dan Murphy immediately black listed me.
I have spent $500 a month with Dan Murphy Middle Park store for the last ten years. My account reflected my purchase history and the $135.84 transactions did not appear.
So I tried to get Dan Murphy to re-open my account for the next ten or so days as I had continued to be blacklisted.
Can't help I am told repeatedly - Woolworths fraud department are handling.
I emphasised that I had nothing to do with the fraudulent transaction. I could not get information on where the fraud occurred but given I live in Chapel Hill Brisbane 4069 - 10 Talasea Street - someone investigating should have easily been able to identify it was not me.
I am mystified also about use of the three number code on the reverse of the card?? Was that tendered?
I then had my wife open a Dan Murphy account which we could use using her credit card. She was automatically blacklisted.
So Dan Murphy wouldn't/couldn't help, complete abdication, blaming Woolworths - one operator told me it would be lifted in one hour - that was on the +three days approx after the fraud but of course this was wrong.
No on line operator at Dan Murphy would escalate my complaint.
We kept trying to buy at Dan Murphy and continuously were told on the site that "our bank had dishonoured our card and to contact them"
Of course we checked with the bank and they said the new card for me and my wife's card were correct and could be used.
After about 13 days of this I eventually pressed an on line operator of DanMurpy to let me speak to a supervisor - and succeeded - after being told three times earlier that none were available -"all in a meeting".
This supervisor Gabby was able to get the black listing lifted finally.
BUT I had to open a new Dan Murphy account and as a result have lost my complete purchase history.
COMPLAINT
Woolworths Fraud Department seems completely disconnected from Dan Murphy, not talking to them, unilaterally blacklisting customers - my wife for example who had nothing to do with any of this with her own card.
How can it take Woolworths 13 days to clear me and lift the blacklisting of myself and wife.
Why won't Woolworths fraud department talk to the injured Dan Murphy customer - me. Constantly told by Dan Murphy -out of our hands and you can't talk to the Woolworths fraud department.
Woolworths fraud department has blacklisted me for no reason of my doing.

The final injustice is Dan Murphy have completely abdicated. Couldn't care less about all this and not interested in helping me correct the situation. All agreed that i had reason to be aggrieved but washed their hands of doing anything to correct.

I had the manager of the Middle Park store also intercede in the end with Dan Murphy on line team to attest to my credentials.

Woolworths/Dan Murphy own me compensation for this disgraceful episode - offered me $50 which i rejected asking for a bottle of Lagavulin - 16 years which I buy from them. Rejected.

There is need for senior management of Woolworths and DAn Murphy to examine what went on here - and is standard operating procedure. Credit card fraud is endemic and can you really afford to spurn customers like me?

Woolworths Australiafresh meat section

I purchased a packet of odd pork chops .I slow cooked them for hours .then I pulled it apart .I could see & feel small bones .so I put it through a drive too make sure .I then made sandwiches with the meat .my husband started coughing and chocking . and managed too dislodge a very small fragment of bone .we have 3 little granddaughters .and i would hate too think what would have happened if they had of had the meat .I'm asking that you please check the methods used for sectioning up the chops .I would also like some compensation to cover the seriousness of this complaint .I'll wait too hear back from you before I take this any further .regards Jennie .

Woolworths Australia — bakery

I purchased a profiterole chocolate cake for $25 at the Woolies Sarina store for a birthday cake on the 16/1/20, had 1 small slice and it was awful so sickly sweet and gunky, did...

Woolworths Australia — deli section

591149 Went to woolworths Greenfields 26th January 2020 at 14:31 went to buy some items from the deli sections three employees looked at me and ignored that I was there til I spoke to my...

Woolworths Australia — loaf of bread

591149 To whom it may concern, This morning having my breakfast I have chocked on some type of plastic that's been baked into a piece of bread. I fear there may be more, so I will...

Woolworths Australia — plumpton woolworths petrol

My name is peter and i am a employee of another company and one of your employees worked for the company i work for and things didnt end well with my boss and your employee. The...

Woolworths Australiawoolworth branded water 600ml

I have always bought this water . Since the plastic has changed on the bottles I have noticed that the base of the bottle and the mouth piece gets a black tinge after a couple of refills . Is this safe? I try to conserve wastage by refilling my bottles multiple times . Can somebody please contact me regarding this issue . The old style bottles I could refill many several times with no change . Why do you continually change things to save money and disadvantage the loyal customer. I would like to know if this is safe and what is causing the bottles to go black, this is a major concern to me and my family .

woolworth branded water 600ml

Woolworths Australia — cleanliness

591149 I'm a regular customer at woolworths metro in 356 Orrong road caulfield north The lift to the car park is almost never cleaned and is disgusting The car park has rubbish...

Woolworths Australia — shopping experience sunday january 19 at 2:45 pm

591149 Hi, I'm writing this complaint not waiting for anything back but only to give feedback on my shopping experience. I went to shop a detergent and a salad to woolworths with my...