Having problems with Ackermans?

+27 860 900 100 (Customer Service)
+27 219 281 040 (International)
Ackermans Building, Produksie Street
Kuilsriver
South Africa - 7579

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ackermans.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 21, 2020

Ackerman's — Mobicel r

I bought a mobicell from this store ackerman's workshop centtal durban¹. Store code 1214 the workshop...

Ackerman Mhluzi MallTag not removed

I went to Ackerman Mhluzi Mall to buy underwear and I was on my way to a weekend away when I get to my destination I realised the tag on the underwear was not taken off you can imagine being on my periods needed to change I felt so embarrassed and degraded had to see my way out such poor service and the sensors at the door didn't even go off. I would like to know what am I suppose to do with such and I have to drive back to the store because of someone who couldn't do their job and that means they dont check the sensors if they work or not at the store.

AckermansOpening an account is one of the most distressing and lengthy procedures.

On 9 November 2020, the necessary documents had already been sent by e-mail as requested.

No acknowledgment was received but it was said that the whole procedure will take 3 working days.

This morning when I wanted to follow up, I was told by a "customer care consultant" that I was not the only client and that it had only been received this morning.

I know very well that I am not the only client, but have given enjoyable time before following up.

AckermansAccounts department

Good Day,

I use to be an account holder at Ackermans but I closed my account 2 years ago.

I have been receiving calls from the Accounts department request me to pay my account after it has been closed 2 years ago.

At first they wanted me to pay R 60 now they expecting me to pay R 200.

Clearly someone at Ackermans is not doing their Job because the account was never closed from the Boksburg branch and it is not my fault.

I will not be paying for something that I am not using and because people can't do their jobs properly.

I will be taking this further.

Can someone contact me regarding this?

Nov 09, 2020

Ackermans — Bad service we got from the manager

As we where kindly helped by Betty with our purchasing, it happens that throughout the process the manager...

AckermansCellphone repair.

I bought a Cellphone in Rustenburg at Ackermans Safari Garden complex. After five weeks the phone break and I took it back for warranty repair Mr. Oemelenna Buru assist me to book it for repair he told me I can come and fetch it after ten days. He took the phone on the 12/10/2020 and today after the third time I went back to find out about my phone it is still in possesion of him it's not send away. I explain to him I need my phone for my work and I'm going to report this matter. He told me I can do what I want to nothing will happen to him. He must work on his attitude. This is absolutely unacceptable and gives Ackermans a bad name. My name is Bertus Boshoff my cell phone number is [protected]. I hope to hear soon from Ackermans and this problem will be settle.

AckermansAccount

I have a account with Ackermans and am I very dissapointed as is it now the second time this year that it is stated that my payment is overdue, but have I arranged since I have opened the account for debit order. I find this very unprofessional as it seems that I am a bad payer, I do not gwt feedback on my emails but keep recwiving messages that I do need to make a payment NOW. I need to go in store to arrange for a debit order all the time. The system definitely needs some improvement

AckermansBad service

I went to ackermans at gugulethu mall cape town to refund an item that was worth r89... They told me to wait for an hour because they don't have cash.. I waited saw people buying with cash after an hour I returned to the que they told me still they don't have cash... And they were not even polite infact they didn't care.. Mind you iam 9months pregnant.. And the mall don't have chairs I stood there for two hours because I came with a public transport.. After 2hours I went back home without being helped.. I left there feeiing like I did something wrong by wanting to refund. I am now stuck with something I am not happy with.

Oct 22, 2020

Ackermans — Poor service I got when I was in store

I am a customer Olwethu Baleni and who went to Akermans to buy myself a Huawei Mobile WiFi router I wa...

AckermansService

The service we receive is really pathetic. Someone is not doing the job properly. Calls comes in 4 to 5 times a day regarding payments that was made and then then to receive the same amount of calls the next day just to have to explain things all over again. The call center has no people skills.
              Arrangements was put in place payments was made and I am still being hassled about payment made on the 1st October that you did not receive. Proof of payment (EFT) time 8:45 am sent to you twice. Tried my utmost best to pay you even though I lost my job in January and still have the audacity to ask me how much and where am I getting the money from. I am very disappointed in the service we have received through this whole lock down and pandemic.

Uthmaan Zardad

Ackermans EnnerdaleProduct and service

I went to Ackerman's Ennerdale on the 03/10/2020 at around 2:15. I wanted to buy a phone. firstly I was told to wait and I will be assisted shortly, 15 mins went by and the cashier Darraline who told she will assist me then went on to assist other customers that came after me. I then went back to the till and I asked another cashier by the name of Uluphiwe for assistance she too said I should wait by the phones section and she will be with me shortly, Another 15 mins went by and I turned to see where could she be only to find that she is now moping the floors. I eventually got assisted after the long wait. I was interested in purchasing the Hauwei Y5 which on the display showed that it is R1599 but when it was ranged up at the till the price was R1699, this is False advertising and the lady said there is nothing she could do. Wow what a way of treating your customers. BAD SERVICE AND FALSE ADVERTISING!

Product and service

AckermansAccounts staff not reliable and rude

Good day I have been paying my accounts since june via eft my references. Where give as d raletjena paying r270 every month but no one seems to get the pop so I send the proof to gretchen and. To accounts tenacity email still no one cares to call. And advise they have butbi get calls from the rude staff demanding. Money while I pay every month this so so irritating I pay why don't they do their job goodness can someone please help the staff really u are all liars u asked. Me. To emil. Do then u never reply I can't wait to close my accountwith akermans u don't even try to search for. My payment really sis

AckermansPremio cell phone

I bought a phone for my daughter at Ackermans (Chris Hani Crossing/Voslorus). The brand Primio, the phone was fine for about two weeks. I was told that if the screen cracks, I will have to fix it myself. Well the screen cracked after two weeks, I took it to every cell phone repair shops I could find. But none of them could fix it because they are Primio part in the country.

What im mad about is, how can Ackermans cell the brand that cannot be fixed. I the phone back to the shop, they refunsed to refund me or let me top up to get a differnt brand. I feel Akermans is very unfair, by selling a brand that we cant fix, and yet they tell us they cant fix it as well. I want my money, I dont want any phone from your shops ever again.

If I don't get my money, I will take this further.

My number [protected]/[protected]

AckermansPoor service of manager

I have just been to ackermans brightwater randburg. As I entered the shop an employee made a half-hearted attempt to sanitize my hands - actually let me walk past - but unbeknown to him I have my own sanitizer. The employee's mask was below his nose. I looked around. Another employee had her mask under her chin, the man at the till had his mask under his chin, (despite the fact that he was serving someone) and another employee had her mask below her nose. I asked for a manager and was told it was the man at the door. When I spoke to him and said the masks should be on properly he laughed. After discussion he said wearing a mask is a matter of opinion. I am quite shocked that a person in a management position takes our laws so flippantly.
                      Shocked by disdain for government regulations

Sep 17, 2020

Ackermans Stores — Refusal to help me

3 weeks ago 1st september 2020, I sent an sms to open account, after 3 days 4th september 2020 with no...

Sep 03, 2020

Ackermans Stores — Customer service

Good day I purchased a two piece set sweaters for my daughter on the 27th of August, when i got home i saw it...

Cape Town

Ackermans StoresCellphone

I bought 3G Cell Hisense U4 on the 17 June 2020 at 17:15, IMEI :[protected] Sim no:[protected] and on the 3 July 2020 I return it to the stores Phalaborwa Ackermans till today I did not receive the phone. I have made follow up and even requested a replacement but they told me that the guarantee days have elapsed I only left with warraty. can Ackermans refund me please. my number is [protected]

I therefore request a refund

Ackermans StoresBad service lack of customer care

Hi I'm Esmerelda Pontac living in Hawston. A few months ago I opened a account at Achermans I received a SMS that says I'm approved. I need to go to Achermans to activate my card. Since then I went to Whase Coast Mall Sandbaai. Everything I go there they tell me their computer are broken. This story goes know for a few months. Then I went to Hermanus a few times, their story is I must get a top number and I don't know what else. Then I show them the message that says bring only your ID. They just say they can't help me. They don't even try to call headoffice to ask if they could maybe activate it from there. I will appreciate it if you could help me thank you very much. Here is my ID number [protected] contact number [protected]

Ackermans StoresQuality of clothing

On sat 25 july I purchased r2000 clothing from ackermans / galleria store. My first clothing purchase since lock-down started. I stayed out of the shops for obvious reasons. When I arrived home I washed everything. As I took them off the line I noticed that 2 of the items had holes in them and 1 was so badly sewn that it is totally deformed.

I am disappointed. I now have to go back to the store during this pandemic to do the exchange.

I will definitely think about it before purchasing from ackermans again - obviously the quality is not what it was and because of that I now have to expose myself again.

Jul 16, 2020

Ackermans — Service

date: 2020/06/29 contact number: [protected] description of incident:exchange refund not paid in...