Complaints & Reviews

Rooms To Go — internet sales/customer sales refuses to fix rtg mistake

I purchased a trundle on 8/29/14 to go with a previous purchased Mission bunk bed that was being handed down...

Rooms To Go — hidden charges

(Copy of letter I have sent to Rooms To Go) To Whom It May Concern: This letter is to file a complaint about...

Rooms To Godefective furniture terrible customer service

Stay away from this store. I bought several thousand dollars worth of furniture here. Items purchased were a dining room set, living room set, and entertainment center. Everything we bought was defective. Spoke to Manager Jackie who is extremely rude and inflexible. First was told they would replace furniture then she went back on our agreement. Had to get BBB.org involved and still was never completely resolved. Staff never calls back when they say they will and do NOT stand behind their products. Ended up buying some of the furniture at City Furniture. Everything was delivered next day and in perfect condition. Stay away from this place!

Rooms To Go — thieves/liars/poor customer service

In August of 2013, I purchased a living room set (power recline sofa, power recline chair, cocktail table...

Rooms To Go — motorized chair

My Mom purchased a motorized reclining chair (Rooms to Go version of a Lazy Boy) for my Dad's birthday...

Rooms To Go - Mesquite — theft

BEWARE!!! Do not shop at the Rooms to go store in Mesquite Texas!!! I have had the worst experience!!! I...

Rooms To Gocrappy furniture / service

You'd think if you paid $3000 for a leather sofa/loveseat you'd get what you paid for. Wrong. Apparently you get used furniture instead. Bought this set back in May, on Mother's Day actually. After bringing it home and opening it up, my husband and I found cuts on it. Also found spots that were peeling already. Had to wait for a service tech to come out, which showed up during a time that was already told was inconvenient for us. He got mad and left. After going round and round with customer service, they finally agreed to just switch it out and bring new ones as a "one time courtesy fee". Which I completely disagree with because their furniture was bought brand new (so I thought) and should have been right the first time, especially when paying so much. Got the new set, and it too was damaged. Didn't see it until after they had left though. Called customer service again and had to wait for another service tech to come out. They called last minute and cancelled on me. Never got a phone call from anyone to reschedule. Called customer service yet again. Talked to a lady that said to email her pictures and she personally would take care of it. Never heard from her. Called back again. They tried telling me I had to wait on a service tech again. Spoke to two different very rude people! Finally got a hold of the supervisor by the name of Mindy Cody that's supposedly over the Texas region. She scheduled replacements. This time my furniture was delivered and wasn't even in any kind of packaging. Yet again had cuts. One so big that you could put your finger in it. Refused it. Called the lady back. She said she would "red alert" them and send another. The new pieces arrived on Wednesday in the same condition as the last. Yet more cuts and sections that you could actually see were colored in. Took pictures of everything and sent it back with them. I have tried to reach this Mindy Cody lady since and can't. My husband has left messages and still nothing. I'm so over this situation! I just want my money back, which they have refused to do for me. I still can't even enjoy my furniture that I bought over two months ago! This company is a joke!

Rooms To Goalready paid, have receipt now won't honor

I purchased a furniture package back on march 8, 2014 to be delivered in my new apartment for our move in date on April 4, 2014. When the furniture came, the coffee table was to big (my husband is in a wheelchair and can't even get to the couch). I went to the store and talked to the manager- Herby who then let me purchase another TV console in place of the table. I paid the difference and received my receipt and delivery date which would be the same day as the rest of my original order(4/17/2014). I was then contacted that Friday night at 8pm saying that the purchase I made and paid for was an illegal transaction and I needed to either choose a sofa table or end table????? I told him I would come into the store the next day with my husband so we could talk about it, because I wanted what I paid for and did not want to settle for something I did not want. When we arrived at the store, he stated that he knew it was all his fault and kept apologizing, I expressed that I was not happy, I had already paid and gotten a receipt and delivery info. He then stated that I needed to pick something else and that the sofa table that went with my set could not be delivered until June 15, 2015 if that's what I chose. But he also gave me the option of picking ANY sofa table in the store. I don't understand how a store manager can sell a person something then contact them a couple days later and express that it is a "illegal transaction"... Because I paid the difference in price for a TV console from a coffee table...mind you it was $178.60 more! I don't need a sofa table or end table! And my new apartment lease is for a year...I don't want furniture that I have bought and paid for 2 months into my lease/3 months after I bought the furniture! I would appreciate some feedback as I um unable to reach anyone in the company other than customer service and store manager who was the one who sold it to me.

Rooms To Gohorrid customer service

Dear Rooms to go CEO. My wife and I would like you to know about the extremely difficult time we have had with a trundle bed that we bought in your store. We originally bought the bed in the summer of 2013. In December the bookcase attacked to the bed began to collapse. On inspection, I found that the bolts that were supposed to hold the bed up were never put in (they were in one of the bookshelves behind a sliding door). The only thing holding the bookshelf up was 3 small screws on one side that eventually cracked the wood and became loose because the larger bolts were not placed. The other side of the bookshelf was not attached at all (the bolts and screws were never put in). Needless to say, it was quite dangerous and we are lucky that it did not collapse on our 10 year old. I contacted Rooms to Go and explained the problem. While not rude, the customer service agent was unconcerned about the cause of the problem and offered to schedule a repair person approximately 2 weeks later. When I stated that I thought we should be prioritized since the installer had been negligent and placed our daughter in danger. The representative stated that “well you have had the bed for a few months and it wasn’t a problem.” I explained that it only recently fell apart as it took some time for the screws to strip. She offered no additional help or sooner appointment. The repair person that came was outstanding. He showed us what the incompetent installers did and made a work order to have the bookshelves replaced. He was quite concerned about the lack of professionalism of the initial installers. We were then contacted by customer service to schedule an appointment for a replacement bookshelf. We were offered no special accommodations as far as an appointment and had to wait another 10-14 days. The installers did not show up at all for the scheduled appointment and we were not contacted. I contacted Rooms to Go and was told that there was ice on the roads and our appointment had been cancelled. I told them that my business was open and when I cancel patient’s I have the courtesy to call them ahead of time. We were then rescheduled (no special accommodations or priority) for the next available appointment approximately 1-2 weeks later. These installers were supposed to come between 1-5 and showed up at approximately 9:00 PM. They called me to the truck and showed me a damaged book shelf and asked me if I still wanted them to install it. Of course, I told them no. I contacted Rooms to Go and was again given an appointment with no consideration for the repeated inconveniences or unsafe furniture that was originally incorrectly installed. I was repeatedly promised that the next bookshelf would be carefully examined before I took more time off of work to be present at installation. Approximately one week later, the next installer brought another damaged bookshelf that had not been checked. He called us to his truck and pointed out the damage so that he would not have to bring it in. I contacted customer service and told them to come get the whole bed and refund our money as I had missed hours of work, my daughter had been placed at risk and that I was extremely frustrated with this ordeal. Lisa Morris informed me that there was no return policy and that we could not send back the bed under any circumstances. I requested her supervisor’s name and she indicated that I would have to call back the following Monday as there was no-one available above her and no-one else would provide any other options. She arranged another installer at the next available appointment and when asked to expedite our case, she stated that that would cause them to over load the trucks and damage furniture and we would just have to wait for the next available appointment. She also told me that there might be some type of compensation for our problem but not until we had accepted the furniture. Ms. Morris also noted that we refused the replacement furniture 2 times. I informed her that we did not refuse the furniture, that the installers called us out to the truck and showed us the damage as they did not want to bring it in only to have us send it back. The damage was that evident that it was a waste of their time to bring it in. After being given another 4 hour window between 2-6 on Friday, February 28, we contacted customer service and requested that the installer give us a 30-60 minute courtesy call as I could not take another ½ day off of work (this would have been the 4rth time). The agent assured us that we would get a call one hour before the installer’s arrival. They showed up at 5:00PM with no prior phone call. They explained that they were never told to call us. Fortunately, Julio and Carlos were efficient, pleasant, clean and polite. They wiped their feet at the door without being asked (the prior installers did not do so even when asked, as we have new carpet). Julio and Carlos showed me how the furniture had been split and damaged due to faulty install and they were appalled at the lack of professionalism of the prior installers. The bookshelf was properly installed this time and quite secure. I thanked them for their professionalism.

Needless to say, I am appalled by your horrible customer service and lack of consideration for our repeated problem. The sales people in your store were extremely nice but your customer service agents could do with additional training. At this point, I believe the only reasonable accommodation is to refund our purchase price along with a sincere apology from your company. I am a doctor and lost much more time and money on this fiasco than the original cost of the bed.

Sincerely,

Dr. Glenn J. Bricken

[protected]

Addendum: I emailed this letter 3 weeks ago and never got a response. I spent another 30 minutes on hold with customer service and was offered a 50 in store credit. This is absurd as unless I get some type of reasonable treatment, I will never return to the store. I don't expect that anyone will respond to this email either but after I get ignored again, I will file it with the better business beura and post it any where that will accept internet reviews.

Roomstogodeceptive sales and shotty furniture

I want to file complaint against rooms to go. Brought set 3/31/2013 and when leather color coming off 6-9 months after purchase advised to go back to pick out another set. Did so at kissimmee florida rtg and at that time had not seen set liked. Salesman pointed out powered sofa with stndard loveseat and recliner chair manual. When reviewing order, originally asked to pay shipping but after argueing this told ok not to and then they owed me 50 dollars and put on store credit instead refundiong which I ok'ed as I latter planed to by my sons bedroom set. Delivery day time set 11-3 but at 230 called and told in unpleasent voice to wait it was within alloted time, instead of not being lazy and looking up for us. 310 called again, the rtg person was very wonderful on this call. I was told it read as already delivered, when wasnt. After 320 truck came after recieving call from rtg and my sofa wasnt powered. Called store where brought and was initially upset and aggrevated, put on hold over 20 minutes and manager told me to let him speak or couldnt help me and when I gave him that courtsey he stated they never sold me powered set, I had specifically asked about powered loveseat being included and was told that would be 200 more, but he insisted that was for the sofa and wouldnt replace. I questioned their deceptive sale and he yelled at me that he is honest and hung up on me. I called rtg 1800 number and told they would call on my behalf and to ask to speak to regional manager if a different person couldnt help me. This young woman was also wonderful and so compassionate!!! She was kind and understanding although she really couldnt help me other than what she told me already. I spoke to regional manager who acted like they sell to millions and they are heroes for even replacing the set!!! I was given option of 100 to get powered and refused my money back when I explained I didnt want set. I complied so I would not loose my 50 dollars and wouldnt be left with damaged sofa set. My advise to rtg— it is the individual who works long hours to get their money and we should be sold a quality product as an individual. 50 doallrs pays our gas and takes people a few hours to work for. Rtg should understand that we arent the rich people or we wouldnt be buying there. They work to obtain the common man and shouldnt act like heroes for doing the right thing and replacing damaged couch, especially one less than a year old. We shouldnt learn 1 year later we were charged for warrenty we didnt know about. You should also understand frustration and not have lazy people who cant take 2 minutes to look something up at 1800 number and when people try to question something, we shouldnt be yelled at or hung up on. These little people are the ones who make you millions of dollars and our voice and what we say in word of mouth can break or make a company. Rtg makes the little average consumer feel let down and like they have been taken advantage of.

• Rooms To Go's response · Feb 03, 2014

Hi! That is very disappointing to hear that you had to experience this type of treatment from one of our showrooms. Rooms To Go does not condone that type of behavior! I sincerely apologize for that and would like to look into this, could you please send me the order information to [protected]@Roomstogo.com "Attention Complaints Board"? I look forward to hearing back from you soon. ~April

• Ho
              hoguetm Mar 07, 2015

We too have been basically blown off by RTG customer service and was told there was no one else to talk to but them and they could not help us. The would not let us talk to their supervisor and would not give us another number. I got on Internet and found this site. All we want them to do is back what they sell.

Rooms To Go — inferior quality cushions

my husband and I purchased a sectional sofa from Rooms to Go in November 2013. The furniture was delivered on...

Rooms To Gojunk sectional

My husband and I recently bought a cloth sectional from rooms to go. From the very first moment they dropped it off it was already broken!!! The ottoman pull out drawer is covered to look like the rest of the ottoman, but the facing wasnt even attached and six sharp nails were sticking out not attached to the drawer. I called immediately because we have five children one being 8 months. Then after they dropped it off they wouldnt even put the sectional pieces together. I asked them to please finish putting it together and they said;" mam, thats not our job" I was so pissed so I had all the pieces in my living room and a broken ottoman that they wouldnt even take back, they said I had to call customer service. After this they replaced the ottoman with yet another broken ottoman, this time the wheel keeps breaking, I have called yet again and they finally sent a technician out, it was working for a month or so now it is broke again. Then the seam ripped perfectly on the recliner so we called someone again and can you believe this technician came and got a needle and thread out and sewed the rip together. It was wear the recliner and cloth part meets the seam so it was another faulty piece of our sectional. At one end of our sectional is another recliner chair, the backing sticks out and isnt connected to the back of the couch. On my recliner the left side droops as if there is no filling or spring, and the foot of the recliner makes noises because the wood part isnt connected to the cloth it just hangs there. We havent even had this $2700 sectional 6 months and its been falling apart since the first day. I have called rooms to go in austin tx several times asking them to please take it back and refund our money and they refuse to do so and have stopped calling me back and sending technicians. I can not believe the way rooms to go handles these matters. They just dont care. This is been the worst experience ever and recently we had one open up near us and I tell everyone our story. Never, ever buy from this junk over priced furniture store!!!

• Rooms To Go's response · Dec 23, 2013

I am very sorry to hear of the disappointment and the inconvenience that this has caused you regarding your sectional. We currently do not have a return policy on our furniture but I would like to look further into this to see what other options we may be able to offer. Please send me your order details to [protected]@roomstogo.com with "Attention Complaints Board" as the subject line so that I can handle this directly for you. I look forward to hearing from you. ~April

• Ro
                Rockandroll Dec 23, 2013

They should rename their stores trash to go.

Rooms To Gofurniture falling apart.

I purchased a childs set, bed, trundle storage, chest and dresser with mirror. The dresser has had four service calls. Last visit the tech said he couldn't do anything fault was from usage! This is a four year old girls furniture, has not been used much at all. The drawers are cheap and fall apart, tracks come off the drawers and you can not open them. This is awful furniture, was quite expensive. They are sending a repair tech back out...I will follow up. Be careful if you purchase from this company, they do not back the warranty on your contract. Rude service tech.

• Rooms To Go's response · Nov 26, 2013

I am very sorry you are experiencing this many issues regarding your daughters bed. We understand that having so many technicians out can be a hassle and hope that it all gets taken care of when this technician comes out. If it does not or you have any other concerns please email me your order information to [protected]@roomstogo.com with complaintsboard as the subject line so I can handle this directly with you. Thank you.

Rooms To Gobad customer service/bad quality

Whento rooms to go, tampa florida on 1502 north dale mabry hwy tampa florida. , I bought a furniture set on july 2, 2013 they deliver on july 6. When they came, the sofa was missing 2 pillows and the ottoman was rip off on the side. I when to complaing about no one want to do nothing about, I went next day on july 10, 20013. And they tell me that the manager was in the metting, we foumd out that he was off that day. So a old lady, she said she was the office manager and she tell me that she can not do anything just wait, I tell her that is not fair that I have to wait and keep taking time off from work, she tell me that was not her problem, then I tell her to cancel evrything that I bougth, and she said that she cant not do that and tell one of the sales person to take me and my significan other out of the store cause she was done with us, I tell that sale guy that we need to cancel what we bought and he said he can not do that, that he is a american and he can do what ever he want in the store and he was point it finger on my face, that we need to get out of the store. I will never go to that store again. That is a really bad customer service.

• Rooms To Go's response · Jul 11, 2013

This is terrible to hear and we would like to sincerely apologize. We are very interested in finding out what happened with this situation. Please email us at [protected]@RoomsToGo.com "Attention Complaints Board" along with your order information so we can investigate this on your behalf. I will address this internally with the appropriate management of the location involved so that we can ensure events like this do not occur again. Once more, we apologize and look forward to hearing from you.

• La
                    Lavette Bing Dec 17, 2015

Good Afternoon!
                    To Whom It May Concern:

I am an unhappy customer at this time. I have purchase a living room set from your company. I purchased a leather set that consist of a Sofa, love seat, recliner, coffee table, and end tables. My whole set is fading. That was my first time ever purchasing from your store and I am not satisfied at this moment. I want satisfaction or I am going to start complaining about your stores. When I purchase my products, I look for quality and durability. My chairs are fading in front of my eyes. I’ve bought leather furniture before from other stores, and I’ve never had this to happen to me. I am still paying on this furniture.

I am asking for something to be done about this immediately. I better hear from someone or I will be calling and sending emails to facebook, better business bureaus, craig’ list, angie’s list, my friends, their friends, and others who will listen. I have looked at you all ratings, and I see that I am not alone with it comes to disappointments of your company. I am asking for you to contact someone, so that they can help me. Like I said, I don’t want this to go further, but if I have to, I will stand with others for satisfaction.

I have been trying to attach my pictures to show how my chairs are fading in front of my face. I am furious with your product. The furniture is not quality furniture. I want a representative (s) to come to my residence and look, take pictues, and take what we are seeing. The pictures that I am providing are just some, not all.

My name is Louise B. Bing. My address is 3305 Concord Church Rd; Allendale, South Carolina 29810. My number that you can reach me at is [protected] or [protected].

Thanks for your attention in this matter!

Thanking You In Advance,

Louise B. Bing

Rooms To Gopoor quality in products

I purchased almost $7, 000 in furniture from Rooms to Go and was satisfied with the products until my dining table bench started tearing and cracking. I still had warranty, so they replaced the bench seat with no problem. My warranty expired 3 weeks after this. A month later, the threading started coming apart on the bench seat that they replaced and the buttons also started popping off. I called to see what can be done about it and was told the best solution would be to open the yellow pages and hire some kind of technician because there was nothing that could be done since my warranty expired. This was verbatim. I asked the customer service rep to repeat what she said because I couldn't believe what I heard and of course she repeated it. I have never been so disappointed in a furtniture purchase like I have with Rooms to Go. I understand that my warranty has expired, but to replace a piece of furniture and only a month later to have problems with it and refuse to do anything about it is in my opinion poor customer service. The couch I purchased also started cracking and tearing recently as well. I've heard several stories about poor quality of furniture from Rooms to Go before I purchased, but the sales person was extremely nice and I was impressed by their displays, so we purchased the furniture. Sadly, I am disappointment in the quality and recent customer service that has been provided. Unfortunately, I will not be purchasing furniture from this company again and neither will my family or friends who I have warned about this. I call this a lesson learned.

• Rooms To Go's response · May 29, 2013

This is definitely unfortunate to hear. While Rooms To Go does warrant the furniture for 1 year, we do expect it to last longer. We would like the opportunity to look further into your account, so please email us at [protected]@RoomsToGo.com "Attention Complaints Board" in the title and include your order information. We do apologize for the dissatisfaction and look forward to hearing from you.

• I also forgot to mention that when my tv console was delievered it had a defect. It was replaced 3 times because each time it had a defect, which was noticed by the delivery guy each time. Finally, we had to ask for a refund. It's just unfortunate that it has happened multiple times. I could understand a problem with a piece of furniture. Things happen and no one is perfect, but to experience problems with several products is unfortunate. At least Rooms to Go was fair with the tv console problem, but I hate that they refuse to do anything about a product that I've only had for a couple of months after they replaced it due to a problem in the first place.

Rooms To Godiscrimination

I went in to rooms to go in McAllen TX with the purpose of buying some sofas there was only about eight costumers in store and the whole floor was full of employees I was looking at the furniture hoping an employee would come and acknowledge our presence and let us know about there store deals seams like they were not interested in selling to us based on the way we looked we had just come from a walk at the park and I was wearing tennis shoes, husband also, a couple walked in nicely dressed and everyone started asking them if they needed help, it made me feel so low after all I walked in there with the purpose of taking some new furniture home but I left the store empty handed with a very bad impression of the store:(

• Ro
                        robert brown4436 Jun 26, 2012

If you feel as though you have been wrongfully discharged or mislead by this company because of your race please feel free to tell your story here. need to know if theres others out there that has been in his situation.

• Er
                        Eric Parent Mar 15, 2013

One little tip, when you post complaints, or anything at all where you're requesting constructive feedback from the general public, you may want to take the time to use proper grammar and spelling, instead of just quickly blurbing something out. I don't mean to sound pompous or arrogant, nor am I looking down on you at all. I am really just mentioning this because your post is a bit hard to make sense of, a bit because of the bad spelling (no caps for store name, there instead of their, seams instead of seems), but mostly because of the really bad grammar (particularly the punctuation, or lack thereof). It's basically one long sentence with no commas, and therefore kind of hard to follow.

Again, I don't mean to be condescending in any way, it's not my intention, I am just trying to offer some constructive feedback for future posts. If you take the extra few seconds to use proper grammar, you'll likely see more positive results in terms of replies and feedback. After all, it hardly takes any additional time at all to hit the comma, period, and shift keys as you're typing the message. Again, don't take this the wrong way, as I'm just tyring to help you, I'm sure you obviously know your basic grammar but just didn't bother to hit the comma and period keys as you were typing. Taking the few extra seconds to format a paragraph properly can make a world of difference in the feedback you will receive.

Rooms To Go — warranty scam

Purchased the warranty plan. Had a service tech come out and check my couch b/c I could not get a stain off...

Rooms To Gofraudulent sales practices

On October 12, 2012 I went to the Rooms To Go store in Mobile and paid in full, by check, for a bedroom suite, mattresses and 2 lamps; I was given a deliver date of October 19, 2012. When my furniture was delivered I noticed right away that the furniture being delivered was not what I had ordered. I immediately called the 800 customer service number and spoke with someone there. The lady on the phone told me not to let the delivery drivers leave yet and she looked up my order. She said the order showed three different bedroom suits had been put on the order and then removed, so I gave her the name of the bedroom suit I had ordered. She found that particular bedroom suit, but said the salesperson had taken that suit off the order and changed it to what was delivered. The suit delivered was not even one I had looked at while in the store. She also told me the item I actually wanted was $100 LESS that what was delivered and what I had paid. She said I needed to call the store and speak with Carla Goodson(my salesperson). I called the store and Carla apologized for making the mistake and said she would fix the problem and call me back. The delivery drivers were still waiting and the driver explained to me that I would need to keep the furniture delivered or it would take more than 2 weeks to get what I actually ordered. The delivery men left the furniture in my bedroom, with my mattresses sitting on the floor, the dresser half put together, and the bed still in the box. When Carla called back she said it would be another week before I could get what I had paid for, and before they would pick up the items left in the middle of my bedroom floor. I told her this was unacceptable and I wanted to get the furniture I paid for. Carla, and the manager Michael Myles, were supposed to work on the problem and see if they could get me furniture on Tuesday(October 23, 2012). Carla then tells me that there is another bedroom suit I can get on Tuesday, but it will cost me an extra $100. I told her this was unacceptable and I felt as if this was done on purpose just to get more money from me. Carla and the manager then supposedly worked to get me the bedroom suit I originally ordered and I was told it would be delivered on Friday, October 26th and I would get a call this AM(10/22/2012)from the store's Assistant Manager Scott Salviggio. Carla also stated that I was to receive $215 back and it would be a check sent from the corporate office. I reluctantly agreed to this delivery date and made arrangements at work to have someone work for me. I never received a call so I called the store and spoke with a Karie(pronounced Car-e), she stated that my furniture would not be delivered until 10/30/2012. I told her this was not what I have been told and that I would be at work that day. I asked to speak with a manager and was transferred to a Tarra who became argumentative and said that no one had told me I would get a delivery on Friday 10/26/2012. When I told her I have the voice mail left by Carla she said the voice mail was wrong. I then told her I just wanted my money back and I would go elsewhere to buy my furniture. She said I could not have my money back, that I only had 48 hours after purchase to get my money. I asked her how I was supposed to know at 48 hours that THEY were going to breech the contract and deliver the wrong furniture? She became very angry and hung up the phone. I called back and asked to speak with the manager and I was then transferred to Scott. He proceeded to say there was nothing he could do and if I wanted my furniture then I would take delivery on 10/30/2012. I explained to Scott that I work 12 hours shifts in a hospital and that I would not be home to take delivery on that day. I again stated that I wanted my money back and he said I could not get my money back. He said if I look at the back of my receipt it states that I only have 48 hours to get my money back. He said there was nothing else he could do for me and he gave me the 800 number to call. I then called the corporate office in Florida and was again told that the delivery date is 10/30/2012. I don't know what to do at this point. I am out almost $4000 dollars, I have furniture in my bedroom that is not put together, I have been sleeping on the floor, and I can't get my money back to go anywhere else to buy different furniture.

Rooms To Godid not honor price offered.

I went to this store with my husband to buy a bedroom set for my baby boy. We ask an empoyee for the price she said it was $1255.00 then she said she was busy and told us to wait a couple minutes, she never came back and let us waitting. Another employee took care of us. We also ask him if $1255 was the right price for the package we wanted to get, he said yes, so we decided to purchase it. The final price was $1495.00 including taxes and delivery. We paid $1200.00 with our card and decide to finance the remaing balance. We were super happy with our purchase and expecting the delivery in 2 days. We left the store and 20 minutes latter the employee call and told us that we have to get back to the store because there was and error in the order. He did not told us what the error was. We were almost home and we have to return to the store. When we got to the store he said that they did not include the book case and it was $100 extra if we wanted to get it. I told him it was not fair after we ask twice for the price of the bedroom set with all the pieces that we need and they told us it was $1255.00, and after we made the payment left the store now we have to get back to make an extra payment for $100.00 We decided to talk to the manager he did not care about us and told us there was nothing that he can do.
                        We decided to cancel the purchase and get our money back. Stay away from this store !!! they don't care about their customers !!!

Rooms To Goleather sofa return

Rooms To Go has some serious customer service issues. I purchased a 100% leather sofa three years ago, RTG called me and offered an additional three year warranty for approx. $100. Fast forward 2012 the sofa started to crack and peel. Called the warranty company they sent a leather technican to review and found that the sofa needed to be replaced. I chose another sofa and when they came to deliver and pick up the old sofa they also said they needed to take an arm chair that was not part of the warranty order. They were to only take the sofa and deliver the new one. Apparently they included my arm chair in the order but this was not on my order. I told them that they made a mistake and told me that I had to give them my arm chair or give them $200 for the difference between the sofas. They called the police and the police said that they could not do anything about this as this is not a criminal issue. I am so frustrated and irritated with RTG. Their pure lack of customer service and complete incompetence is just unacceptable. Now they want me to pay $200 which was not on my paperwork. How can such a mistake happen and why should I have to pay for their mistake.

• Ru
                              Rulesman69 Aug 22, 2015

My RTG leather recliner electric movement pieces also have begun cracking and peeling! It's not real leather hide material, it's a chopped and blended leather coating! Very poor quality.