Complaints & Reviews

Rooms To Gojunk living room

Hi My name is Lucy Johnson, I have purchase a living room, @ Bay Area Store Houston TX. I am very upset that this living room is not what I have purchased, I have been calling, all over and over to get this matter solved, but everyone keep telling and giving me different phone numbers I end up leaving a message waiting for someone to help me. I call this # [protected] same thing. I have requested to talk to a Manager, on 08/21/15 this lady said that she was the Manager, she was very rude y hostile, I have asked to talk to someone else, her supervisor. she said they will contact me. I still waiting for a call.
I need this matter to get solve as soon is possible otherwise I will return this leaving room and stop making payments. that is not the way that you treat customers. Be responsible as I am with my payments.
Please I need this leaving room to be change or exchange for something else.
I hope this time someone be kind enough to call or do something.
this is a reap off.

Rooms To Go — four failed delivery attempts

Dear Rooms to Go, Not only did you fail to deliver my sofa in proper working order the first time, you...

Rooms To Goproperty damage to wrought iron gate

Received a furniture delivery on July 25, 2015 at my home at 4317 Oak Drive, Alvarado, Texas 76009 when the delivery truck backed into my 6 ft automatic gate, damaging it and moving the gate post out of alignment. Contacted customer service and reported the damage and was told the following after several calls: 1. A DRF (Damaged Request Form) will be mailed to you. Have not received the form to date. 2. The form was mailed give it a few more days. 3. Called one of the Facilities Manager to contact you to resolve the complaint. 4. Did the Facilities manger call you? No, will call him again. 5. There is nothing customer service can do will email the facilities Manger again and he will call you. Only he can solve the complaint. Sorry, there is nothing we can do. To date have not heard from anyone in facilities or any other part of the company.

• Rooms To Go's response · Aug 19, 2015

Yikes! Sorry to hear about this. Care to send your order info to [protected]@Roomstogo.com?

• Bo
        bootsj Feb 10, 2016

I ignored all the warnings and I am now paying for it. My bedroom furniture was delivered with a damaged back panel and the mirror for the dresser left on the floor...still waiting for RTG to resolve...

Rooms To Goservice

Dear Mr.Seaman,

My name is Eboni Johnson and I am contacting you regarding a terrible experience I had with your delivery staff at 6:30am today.

I am terribly disappointed at the service I received this morning. I have been trying to get in contact with a supervisor within your customer service department center since 8:00am and have repeatedly been told I would be called back shortly; it's almost noon.

I'll provide you with the details of this situation and I'm really hoping this individual is fired!

I purchased a $1300 king sized mattress that was supposed to be delivered between the hours of 7 and 11am EST today. I was called at 6:08am and was told they would arrive in 10 minutes. Early but no problem it will allow me to get to work on time.

They put 2 plastic box springs up against my wall and handed me my mattress protector and said have a nice day.

I asked "Where's my mattress?"

Response "We didn't know you ordered one; I'll be right back."

Two minutes later Juan (or maybe his name is Julio) returned to tell me "i don't see it; they must have forgotten it. I'll have someone call you, bye.)

Me: "No, you call someone right here and now. If you can’t reach anyone take everything and I'll just get a refund and shop elsewhere."

Juan: "Ok, i need to move my truck."

Five minutes later I'm look to see what;s taking so long; only to see that they truck is gone. I call him on his cell five times; i ask why he left because he knew I did not want half of my delivery and I requested he take it back.

Juan: I don;t do what the customers tell me; I have to finish my route.

There was 5 minutes of back and forth then i finally asked for his and the managers' name. He confidently gave me that information and said " That won;t do anything to me!"

His cell phone number is: [protected] for your identifications purposes.

Anyway, he appears at my door about an hour later with my mattress. Throws it in my room up against the wall where the plastic covered box springs are resting and proceeds to leave. I told him not to leave without removing the plastic and setting the mattresses up.

So, they put the box springs down still covered in plastic; removed the outer plastic on the king mattress (leaving one layer of plastic on) and placed it upside down on the box springs and left!

I am a single woman that CANNOT possibly remove the plastic from these items AND flip the king sized mattress right-side up.

The attitude of your staff is horrible and suggests that the culture at Rooms to Go is:

We don't; care about our customers
      We don't care if you complain because there are no consequences for or actions

I am astonished and disgusted by the blatant disregard and lack of respect that was displayed in my home this morning by your staff. Not to mention, I have yet to receive a call back to from a supervisor regarding my concerns.

I expect to have someone come to my house and pick up this mattress and its entirety because I refuse to patronize a business that is so discourteous to people.

Regards,

Eboni Johnson

Roomstogoleg to chair always breaking

I bought a kitchen set last year from RoomsToGo. The leg keeps breaking on the chairs. The company did come out a few times. Now the warranty is up and I want to purchase a leg, but was told it is longer in stock (discontinued). I called three time and got three different answers. Now I have three chairs instead of four. I will not buy from RoomsToGo again. Poor quality of furniture and poor customer service. Order # 9572137, Dated: 02-17-14 Store: 1602, Sales # 033128, Side Chair Cherry Sku # [protected]. Paid $771.79 for four chairs, table, glass & protection on cloth on chairs. I see adds in the flyers advertising this set, so it is not discontinued. I would like a new chair or leg..

Rooms To Goappalling customer service and wrong product shipped

My email to jeffrey seaman, ceo of rooms to go:

Dear mr. Seaman,

I am contacting you as a last ditch effort to resolve a problem I am having with a recent purchase from room to go. Unfortunately for me, none of the supervisors in your customer service department are interested in providing me with actual customer service. They just apologize and say there is nothing they can do. Of course, there is always something you can do— if you are willing to think outside the box and do whatever possible to rectify a problem that was a direct result of an error by rooms to go.

On june 20, 2015, I purchased a tempurpedic king mattress with the up foundation (So that the head can be hydraulically raised to a sitting position) in the amount of $4565.40, along with other pieces of furniture totaling $7531.24. The purchase was made at your sunrise, florida store. The items were to remain in their boxes because I would be moving to colorado shortly thereafter and did not want the items to be damaged in the move. When the items were delivered, I specifically asked the head delivery guy to tell me what was in each box, and further asked him if the hydraulic up foundation for the bed was included— to which he replied yes, it was in the box with the frame.

On tuesday, july 21st we arrived in colorado and assembled the bed, only to find that the foundation box springs were not for the upright foundation—they did not bend at the head, nor were the hydraulic base or controls for the base included. However, if you look at the attached photos of the two sku stickers on the box, they clearly indicate that the up foundation should have been in the box. Rtg mislabeled the box which contained the flat box springs.

I called customer service on july 22nd and the agent spoke with a supervisor, who said there was nothing they could do because rtg does not ship to colorado. I said I was aware of that, and that was why I made the purchase before we left in order to take advantage of the financing offer; however, because the error was on the part of rtg, they should rectify the situation by any means necessary. I did not spend $4200 on a flat bed that I do not want. I said I wanted to speak with the supervisor and was told he would call me back. Later that afternoon, I received a call from edwin, a supervisor. He said he was "trying" to help but there was nothing he could do, that I would have to take the foundation sent in error to the nearest warehouse (700 miles away in texas!!!) and exchange it for the correct up foundation. I told him that was ludicrous. He said it would be impossible for rtg to make the exchange and I told him nothing is impossible unless you are just unwilling to make it possible. Seriously!! Rtg screwed up and you want me to have to deal with the fallout? So I told edwin I wanted to speak with his supervisor and was advised that someone would call me the next day.

This morning, july 23rd, I received a call from mindy, edwin's supervisor (Tel: [protected]). She was rude and equally as unhelpful as edwin. She spewed the same story, that there was no way for rtg to bring me the correct foundation and pick up the wrong one. I told her there was a way— that rtg could contract a freight company in texas, have them pick up the right foundation at your warehouse, bring it to me in colorado, and take back the wrong item to the texas warehouse. I told her I knew that would cost rtg money but, again, that wasn't my problem. Rtg should correct the situation they caused by any means necessary to thank me for my business and, hopefully, any future business. But mindy is not one to think outside the box. She just said it wasn't possible and that I would have to make the exchange myself. Or, they could reduce the price I paid for the bed by $900+, which is the difference between the up foundation and the flat. This, to me, is not customer service. This is rtg taking the easy way out— crediting me for the difference while forcing me to keep a bed I don't want. This way, rtg washes their hands of any responsibility to the consumer. How can you dare to ask me to find a way to haul two box springs to texas— 700 miles away— and then bring back a 350 lb. Hydraulic base?? Why should I have to spend my time, money and aggravation to rectify an error made by rtg? On what planet do you consider this any level of acceptable customer service? I am appalled by the mere suggestion. I have spent almost $8000 with rtg and this is how you thank me? What do you teach your managers and how in the world can you be proud to head a company with people such as these? I understand company policies; however, when the company makes a giant mistake, they need to bend that policy in order to make the situation right and the customer whole. That is the definition of great customer service.

So I write to you in the hopes that at least you, as the head of your company, will value my business and get someone in your company to fix this right away. Yes, it will cost you money to hire a freight company to deliver the right foundation and return the wrong one. But, you will earn my goodwill and future business, as I had planned to purchase the rest of the bedroom set in the future. However, if you choose to let this go and not be held accountable for rtg's mistake, then I will have to tell everyone I know my story and implore them to avoid rtg like the plague, file a complaint with the better business bureau and tell my story on every social media platform known to man. I am that angry.

I hope to hear from you and that you, as head of rtg, will take responsibility for the company's error and correct the situation I find myself in, through no fault of my own.

appalling customer service and wrong product shipped
          appalling customer service and wrong product shipped

• Rooms To Go's response · Jul 24, 2015

Wow Jeannette! This is appalling customer service! We are sincerely sorry to hear of your recent experience, and have taken the proper steps to ensure this does not happen again. As so we do have procedures in place to try and resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address our error. As discussed the correct foundation will be on it's way soon!

Rooms To Gostore credit

this is the worst store (Rooms To Go @ Frisco, TX), I wud have ever gone.
            first they delivered a faulty product, then end up getting some store credit.
            now they wont give me a gift card for the store credit.

I plan to give this along with some more value to my friend for his new house, but Rooms To Go @ frisco will not allow me to buy the Gift card for the store credit I have. they say only merchandise.
            I shud be able to buy anything sold in the store, if I understood store credit rightly. why not Gift Card?
            Plus the Store Manager was so rude, she kept repeating the same like a parrot.

But its your loss, Rooms To Go, u not only missed the sale that day for additional Gift Card, you also miss my 25 k budget on August for my new home and its going to Ashley/Nebraska Furniture.

• Rooms To Go's response · Jun 27, 2015

Sorry to hear about your experience. Are you able to send us your order details to [protected]@roomstogo.com? We would be happy to look into this further.

Rooms To Go — horrible customer service and delivery

After waiting over two months on a backordered sofa, it delivered to me with only 3 legs. The delivery...

Rooms To Go — undelivered merchandise

On June 1st, I made an online purchase in the amount of $599.00. This amount was charged to my Rooms To Go...

Rooms To Go — undisclosed add on charge

I bought a sofa and mattress set in October 2014. Not until today, when I looked at the folder containing the...

Rooms To Go — broken item & delivery issues

In March, I ordered a dining room table and chairs and one of the chairs was delivered broken. I am trying to...

Rooms To Gonew couch

Warning to any .future Rooms to go Buyers.I bought a power recliner couch microsuede a month ago.Last week we went to the store and looked at the floor model It has been sat on many times I told the salesman it wrinkles badly when we sit on it and the model didn t look like what ours does.He gave me the 800 service number.and said it shouldn t do that at 1 month.Last week a man came, smoothed the wrinkles took a pic and left.Today, a gal called and said they all do that.I said I beg to differ.I know many ppl that have this material and theirs hasn t done it.She said nothing they can do.Needless to say, I was warned about Rooms to go that they don t stand to their word and they were right.No more business from us and I will spread the word.So please be aware of their misrepresentations.I will post this on my page also.

Rooms To Go — collapsing children's furniture

in March 2015 we purchased a bedroom set for my son. The furniture was delivered a week later with damage to...

Rooms To Gobad furniture and you don't care

Your furniture is of very bad quality and you don't care about your customers to make things right !

Got a microfiber dual electric recliner sofa and a love seat from you on march 9, 2013. As of this time since the cushions are all out of shape, flat, and you can feel the springs in them. Also the stains in this 2 pieces of furniture won't come off. I was never given the special cleaner that i was supposed to be given at the time of purchase at your store per your forcefield exclusive fabric protection 3 year warranty certificate that i was given with my purchase receipt. It is obvious that this furniture was never professional treated before delivery as it states on the warranty paper. If i would have been given the cleaner i would have been able to get all the stains off as they occur.

When contacted you via email at [protected]@roomstogo.com about this problem a technician was scheduled to come to inspect it. When he came he took pictures of it and was told will hear from you in 3 to 5 business days.

Your response to this was: " set overall soiled and requires professional cleaning. Once this has been done to give you a call to schedule a technician again to re - apply the bond. "

I replied back asking about the cushions and comfort of the set in which i received a replied telling me that i never told you about this. I replied again sending you my original email to you so you can see this is not true. I received another response telling me that it didn't matter since nothing it can be done until i get it professional cleaned. I contacted you again via email and told you that it will cost me hundreds to have this done. I received another response telling me that until i get the furniture professionally cleaned nothing could be done. All this emails were replied by ashley and melissa.
                It clearly shows you don't care and you are not willing to solve the problem at your expense but at my expense. And only thing you are doing is reapplying the bond. Nothing about the condition of the cushions.

I also called your customer service department and i was told a different story. Was told that there was nothing you can do about the cushions / comfort of the set because is no longer under the manufacturer's warranty.

This all clearly shows that you sell very low quality furniture and is not worth it. I had furniture in the past that i have purchased from other places and have lasted years with no problems.

This is not the first time i purchased furniture from you but it will be my last.

As told you in my emails i will be posting my experience with rooms to go in any sources i can find to let everyone else know to be careful about buying things from you and better not to and buy it somewhere else !

Rooms To Godeceptive sales

I couple of weeks ago we purchased over $5K in furniture with Rooms To Go to furnish a one bedroom apartment. When we picked out the furniture we didn't have anywhere to put it until the apartment was ready. It was agreed that the furniture would be placed on "layaway" until the apartment was ready. We paid $1400 at that time. A week later the apartment was ready so we went and paid the balance on the "layaway" so that we could set up a time to have the furniture delivered. It was at that time that we were informed that the living room set we had picked out was on backorder and that they would see what they could do to have it delivered the following Friday as we requested. We never heard back. We went into the store to check the status and were told that the set wouldn't be delivered until May. That, I felt, was deceptive because had we had that information up front I wouldn't have parted with several thousand more dollars for what amounts to at this time as nothing. Again, we were told that they would look into it and get back to us. Again, no one ever did. On late Friday night the available bedroom and dining room furniture were delivered, but no living room set. And no call from the sales person or the manager letting us know the status of our delivery or even following-up on our complaint. They have their payment in full, so they are now treating us like we are at their mercy. Very poor customer service.

• JKWilliams Mar 14, 2015

Typical big box furniture stores. Ashley does the same thing - more often than not. ALWAYS ASK WHEN and IF the item is available BEFORE you hand them your credit card, and "require" it in writing (they'll tell you then and there if the item is, in reality, currently available). Don't be surprised if April 20-something they tell you that the furniture you paid for is no longer available.

Rooms To Go Furniturewood boring insect in end table

Theresa Cyrgalis – I bought a DR a LR set and 3 tables, one of the end tables has some sort of bug eating its way through it little piles of sawdust everywhere, So I called customer service they will send someone out to look at it in a week. Meanwhile I have $5000 wood floors a year old, wood work behind it, and I have 2 chairs on back order that I ordered for the dining room, I am so pissed off right now I want to cancel that order as well. I took the table and put it out on the front porch where it is screened in and all concrete, I just hope whatever the critters are they haven't gotten to my flooring. I am furious, sent a message to the complaint board 45 minutes ago and someone was supposed to call me right away.
                    20 seconds ago

• Th
                        Theresa Cyrgalis Mar 03, 2015

I should note that the tables were delivered on Feb 6th been sweeping up white powder since the first thing the next morning. Never had it before with any of my other furniture so it came from this table.

Rooms To Godelivery expectations

I purchased a beautiful bedroom set from Rooms to Go on 2/17/15. I set up my delivery day at the store. I was surprised that I would not be able to have the set delivered until 2/27/15. I mentioned to them that this was really a long time to have something delivered. I was told that they would not be able to get it any sooner than this date. I reluctantly agreed given the fact that there really wasn't any other options. I was told that someone would call me 48 hours before and confirm the time that they would arrive.

I received a call from RTG customer service on 2/26/15 in the morning informing me that due to the bad road conditions and the storm that hit Atlanta my furniture was now not going to be delivered until around the week of the 15th of February. She then informed me that I could choose a time and that would be the soonest they could get it in. I asked if I could possibly have them deliver on a Saturday (which would be better for me since I work M-F) and she quickly informed me that the weekend was already full and they could not deliver on that day.

Needless to say, I was upset as it would now be an entire MONTH before I would be able to receive the product that I paid in FULL the day that I went and picked out the item.

I proceeded to contact my sales rep that assisted me and he was wonderful in getting the day moved to Monday 3/2/15. I wasn't too happy about having to be at home all day, which means I have to take a day off from work, because they could not commit to a time of when they would actually deliver the furniture to my home.

I was wanting to go back and purchase the media chest at a later time since they would not have been able to deliver it to me on the original date. Now, I'm hesitant in purchasing it, because I have had such a bad experience with RTG and their delivery process.

I appreciate my sales person in assisting me in getting my furniture on Monday, but if I had not have called and complained, I would have had to wait another two weeks to receive my order. You all really need to get better about this. I feel as soon as the sale is completed, you all don't make as much of an effort in COMPLETELY satisfying the customer all the way to the end.

Rooms To Gohorrible experience / buyer beware

We have had a horrific experience with Rooms To Go. We have never had such a horrible experience with any company as we have had with this company.
                        The store experience was wonderful. We loved the furniture we purchased. The sales experience was great. That is where that ended.
                        Upon the first delivery, tables were broken, lamps were missing and the sofa was a manual recline, not the power recline we asked for. Even though we thought that was a lot of issues to have with one order, we are understanding that sometimes things happen. And also would like to add that my veteran spent his Veterans Day waiting for furniture that was either incorrect, missing, and broken. So another date was set to bring missing, correct and tables that were not broken. No problem.
                        Second delivery was for the missing lamps. They were both sent BROKEN!! So another date was set for lamps that were Not broken.
                        Third delivery, they swapped out the broken table with a table that was not and swapped sofa for the power recline that we asked for in store. Only ONE lamp was sent to replace our TWO Broken lamps.
                        Fourth delivery, FINALLY our living room set was complete with not broken, missing or incorrect items. We could finally enjoy the furniture we ordered and spent good money on.
                        In between the time of second delivery to the last we contacted Rooms To Go "customer department" that was another nightmare within it self. Oh the empty and awful "sorry"s we received. It was the worst. When I asked for a supervisor in customer service I was denied several times with attitude from the customer service rep.
                        We thought the nightmare was over. No! We were HIGHLY mistaken. Today we received an invoice for more money. From the store. $212. I called customer service, no record of it. Called the store the manager, Mickey Croutch, informed me that we "upgraded" our sofa to power recline during delivery and that we owe the difference. No, we DID NOT "upgrade". We wanted the CORRECT sofa for which we picked out and agreed upon with the sales associate. He only kept arguing with me and that we did not agree upon that.
                        We are frankly amazed with the audacity that we were sent an invoice for more money for the sofa we originally asked for after all that we went through. At times I felt that we were treated by Rooms To Go as if it was OUR fault that this company has so many issues. We simply offered our business and our hard heard money to be treated as so beyond unfair and horrific.

Rooms To Go: Greensborobroken furniture, terrible customer service

I am writing to request a formal review of my experience with Rooms To Go in Greensboro, NC. My wife and I purchased over $3, 000 dollar’s worth of furniture in late November that was to be delivered the first of December. When it was delivered the majority of it was broken. Customer service called me to setup another time for the replacement items, and when they came out they were broken as well. I am not waiting on a call back from customer to service to see when I can actually get the rest of the furniture I order. To top it off the customer service folks have been horrible to deal with, and the Assistance Store manager for Greensboro was very rude and actually lied to me several times on the call and yelled at me for being upset.

Rooms To Godamaged furniture... again

We ordered furniture on 10/11/14 and had everything delivered on 10/16/2014 with the exception of our couch. It was set for delivery on 11/13/2014. Every single piece that was delivered on 10/11/14 was damaged. TV stand was scratched on top, loveseat had marks running down the front console (looked like excess adhesive from putting in cup holders and there was material sticking out from under one of the cup holder. We received a chair side table instead of the end table that was shown in the package, the lamp had a big gap where the two pieces came together and the lampshade wouldn't sit straight due to a flaw in the top piece. The recliner...where to start...MUST have been a floor model cause there were scratches ALL over it, front, back, sides...everywhere. Even had part of the material scraped off the back of one of the arms. The coffee (cocktail) table...would have been perfect had the delivery drivers not been giggling when coming into my house and SLAMMING into my glass storm door. When this happened, they got super quiet and it took them about 5 minutes to bring the table in. They didn't even try to let me know there was any damage, they actually tried to cover it up with some sort of dark marker. I got a flashlight and noticed the marker part but the HUGE HOLE they put into the leg was VERY noticeable. Due to not being able to get an early day delivery, we had to wait till the delivery date for our couch to get the replacement furniture in. We had to call to find out the delivery timeframe cause we didn't receive any notification and were told between 12-4...our delivery came after 7:30 that night. My husband wasn't home yet (he did get here shortly after they got here) but it was still uncomfortable to have strangers in my home after dark like this. The delivery guys were VERY nice and took extra care when removing and bring furniture back in. My only complaint about them was my yard had trash ALL over it from previous deliveries as well as mine...guess who had to pick all this up? I would still take those drivers over the first ones any day though. We didn't notice damage as they were bringing furniture in but after they left and we could move around more and look closer, we noticed a place on the coffee (cocktail) table where somewhere along the line there was a piece scraped out of it on the lower side part. We also noticed one of the pieces that hold the plastic tub inside the console broken as well as a split in the fabric on the right arm side back of the couch. There is also a place on the back armrest of the recliner that is scraped off. We noticed small scratches on the glass top of TV stand again, but didn't feel the need to complain about that since it was small and we just want to get our living room back in order since it has been a disaster since the first delivery date. My husband called Friday at 1:03 pm and let the customer service rep know what was damaged and was told they would get back with him on a date for delivery. We never heard back so my husband just called again at just after 3:00 and said the customer service rep acted like she didn't want to help him and that they would send out a repairman to see what would be needed to fix the rip on the back of the couch, console on loveseat and see IF the coffee (cocktail) table needed to be replaced or just have the bottom piece redone. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable! Why are we having such a hard time getting furniture that isn't damaged? We weren't even going to say anything about the recliner or TV stand cause we are fed up with having to go back and forth with customer service on this. We have been telling everyone we know NOT to give their business to Rooms to Go and have told them everything we have been going through. They cant believe it. But they have said they are glad to know about it cause they don't want to go through this same mess. I DO NOT want my couch REPAIRED!!! I want this to be delivered in perfect condition, free of damage so we can actually get settled into our living room and enjoy our furniture. I DO NOT want my coffee (cocktail) table REPAIRED, I want it delivered damage free! I want our recliner delivered DAMAGE FREE! I want my loveseat delivered DAMAGE FREE!!! We are paying for NEW furniture, why are we being told we have to settle for furniture that is delivered damaged, not once but twice, and that we will have a repairman here to see if one item is fixable and to fix the other 2? We should have NEW furniture like we ordered. I will be contacting the BBB on this if this isn't handled properly. I am absolutely livid over all this. Our order number is 5173709.