Menu

complaints

Bob's Discount Furniture Complaints Summary

134 Resolved
369 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Bob's Discount Furniture with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Bob's Discount Furniture has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bob's Discount Furniture. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Bob's Discount Furniture complaints 503

Sort by:

Newest Bob's Discount Furniture complaints

S
11:25 pm EST

Bob's Discount Furniture Salesmen mislead me

Hello,

I recently ordered a twin XL mattress, foundation, and frame through your sales Department. The Salesman assured me that paying for the set up includes the frame being set up. He wanted me to set delivery after the frame came because he alleged the delivery man wouldn't be able to assembly it without the frame. So I waited until the frame came in order to set delivery for the mattress. When the delivery man came today, he stated that won't assembly the frame; I spent a total of over $600 but my frame was never assembled. I'm returning the frame because i don't want to pay another fee to have it assembled. I'm very disappointed in Bobs Furniture and I will not return. Thank you

Claimed loss: Lost money on buying a frame

Desired outcome: i would like a refund

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Bob's Discount Furniture representatives only. If you are affiliated with Bob's Discount Furniture, please claim your business to access these details.

K
3:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My partner and I bought a sofa reclining set and had white glove delivery to come deliver it when they came to delivered it they delivered it on a dolly and swung the sofa box off, and in the process, scratched my brand new floors that had just been laid not even a week ago I have made numerous attempts with Bob’s furniture Randy Pultz and mover William...

H
7:36 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm absolutely disgusted. We have had our twilight mattress for just over 4 years now - yet the earrsnty is 20. King size so as you can imagine very hefty price about $1700 at the time not including protectors. We bought the total encasement plus a fitted protector. All of which we were pretty much bullied into buying and told if we didn't our warranty...

View 0 more photos
Read full review of Bob's Discount Furniture

Is Bob's Discount Furniture legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Bob's Discount Furniture as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 26% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Bob's Discount Furniture stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Bob's Discount Furniture should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Bob's Discount Furniture earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Bob's Discount Furniture achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Bob's Discount Furniture. The company provides a physical address, 5 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Bob's Discount Furniture's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Mybobs.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Bob's Discount Furniture website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for Bob's Discount Furniture have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Bob's Discount Furniture and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Bob's Discount Furniture's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 26% of 11 complaints were resolved.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the mybobs.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • Bob's Discount Furniture protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
4:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

purchased a mattress and recliner on Nov. 20,2023 for $804.57 and was told I would have my items delivered on Nov. 28, 2023. I was then informed that my recliner would be delivered but not the mattress, The mattress would be delivered on the 29th, received a second email telling me that my recliner would now be coming on the 29, and the mattress was coming...

4:14 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture Mattress protector

I got a bed as a gift sometime ago which came with a mattress protector (anti bedbugs). I have been noticing little fuzz flying through the air but paid it no mind. I have been diagnosed with lung cancer 2 yrs. ago, which is a mystery since I have never smoked. Recently I noticed that this shimmery fuzz seemed to be covering everything in my room including my clothes. I decided to remove the mattress cover and how the fuzz started flying everywhere. When I vaccummed the fuzz they formed clumps of what looked like feathers. Imagine breathing this for so long? I threw out the mattress cover and mattress but am sickened by what I have been sleeping on all this time and inhaling. BOB'S DO BETTER! YOU ARE SELLING INFERIOR QUALITY PRODUCTS WHICH ARE DAMAGING PEOPLE'S HEALTH!

Desired outcome: Inform Bob's! [protected]@gmail.com

H
2:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a product delivered sometime in 11/2021, it was a table with 4 chairs and a bench. The table leaf has had to be replaced on 4 occasions, the table itself had to be replaced twice and two of the chairs had to be replaced twice over the course of 2 years. The last replacement was done on 05/2023, and now again the leaf on the table is damaged and...

View 0 more photos
T
8:16 am EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture Bobs employees blocked my driveway

Bobs employees blocked my driveway! With no regards to anyone getting in and out. I told the driver my wife would be home in 15 minutes, he literally ignored me. This is very disrespectful and unprofessional! The workers made us feel helpless, and they were very intimidating! My wife had to parked on the streets until they were done. You're suppose to find a spot to park the commercial vehicle, then complete the rest on foot not block private driveways. I have footage of this and will be filing a complaint. I didn't want to involve the police at the time, didn't want anyone possibly hurt over blocking a driveway.

6:33 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture Bedroom set/headboard

Hello

We have purchased a bedroom set from bobs in Manchester Ct and under six months two draws on the dresser and bed had broke. they were replaced by bobs because it was under a year warranty. When the replacements arrived they came off the truck damaged! This set was not the stores cheapest around 4000.00. So after weeks of waiting it was all fixed and Bobs did well by that.

Now just under two years the headboard inexplicably has stain or laminate worn away. When making a claim through goof proof it was denied stating we did not DAMAGE it so the policy doesnt cover it. When going back to Bobs twice to speak with a manager we were told to refile the claim and yet again it was denied come back in if it is not resolved. Upon coming back in, was told by a manager that it is unfortunate and there is nothing they can or will do to help.

We understand the policies but were hoping for better customer care and sevice being that we have bought a few times from Bobs and had good quality experiences in the past. We are baffled that our response to this was handles with a oh well sucks for you attitude. Obviously this is a piece of crap set that Bobs is not backing or caring about and would rather just sell and move on. Customer satisfaction with there product not important to them. WOW.

The manufacturer and Bobs should be embarrassed to sell such a low quality product as their top tier selling set. Its obvious this set has problems due to the multiple faultiness of the product within 2 years.

I know you get what you pay for and I guess a likes of Raymor and Flanagan

are in the future.

Thanks

Sincerely, Robert and Lisa Neil

[protected]@cox.net

Desired outcome: Replace the faulty headboard and show some concern with a product to keep customer happy.

3:23 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture Dining room table and buffett

I have had 3 deliveries of my purchases and both pieces have came damaged all 3 times. Customer service has tried to be helpful but it is just a repeat of the same words and nothing gets corrected. Technician came out to try to repair table and said they could not fix all areas as it was a manufacturer defect. tech dropped color correction crayon on my tile in dining room and left. My tile is not damaged and stained. This has been a nightmare and is still continuing.

Desired outcome: undamaged furniture delivered or hefty compensation for what we are stuck with. We have lost work hours, being home for deliveries and for being on the phone over 8 times for hours.

12:03 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture Queen bedframe

Today, I discovered mold on my brand new queen bed frame with storage drawers that I bought in November 2022. I am completely shocked and I’m still paying for it! I have never bought anything from Bob’s before and looks like I will never do so in the future. I lost money from my midterm tenant as she broke the lease because she moved out immediately because of it. Now what do I do?

Desired outcome: To take the bed and give me my Money back

K
12:19 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture Couch/Goof Proof

I purchased 2 chaise lounges, sofa, and ottoman from Bobs on 02-20-2022. Totaling $2697.05.

Was never asked if I wanted goof proof it was just given. I noticed the fee on my receipt. Not to mention the $250.00 delivery fee!

I just bit my tongue because as the email said I will enjoy this furniture for many years to come.

So I was shocked to find that not not only after a little over a year my couch looks like its 10 years old. with fuzzies and discoloration but a rip in it!

No big deal I paid all that extra $ for the goof proof which was a 5 year warranty right? Apparently not. A rip in the sofa you purchased under 2 years ago isn't covered.

I have spent so much money at BOBs over the years but never again. From now on I will go somewhere that honors warranties.

R
2:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just wanted to say the store intercom is very irritating every time it go's off to page someone in the store it makes the customers jump it sounds like a fire alarm. It sounds like an air horn there has to be a nicer sounding one. I think you can make like a chime. Not a salesperson but it breaks the flow of conversation between the customer and...

6:19 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Terrible Service at Bob's Discount Furniture: False Advertising and Incompetent Delivery

I gotta say, I got a couch and a bed from Bob's Discount Furniture and they're alright. But let me tell you, their service is straight up terrible. I had two separate interactions with them and I ain't never going back.

So, when I was buying my couch, the salesperson was all about this "Goof Proof" plan. They said it covered accidental spills and whatnot. I paid $50 for it. But then, I spilled some coffee on my couch and tried to make a claim. They denied it. I called them up and they denied it again, even though the plan says it covers "accidental stains caused by any food or beverage normally consumed by humans." I don't know what their deal is, but they wouldn't help me out at all. I feel like they lied to me just to get my money.

And then, when they were supposed to deliver my furniture, they gave me a window for Friday afternoon. I left work early to be there. But then they showed up FOUR HOURS EARLY. I wasn't even home. I tried to make arrangements to get there, but they didn't wait and couldn't deliver it during the promised time. Customer service was no help at all and acted like it was my fault. I had to keep complaining until I finally got someone who could help me. They promised me an expedited delivery, but I still didn't get my couch in time for the weekend. I had guests coming over and no couch to sit on.

They rescheduled the delivery for Monday morning at 8am. But they showed up at 6:30am and woke me up. At least I finally got my couch, but it was a whole mess.

Overall, I wouldn't do business with Bob's again if you paid me. Their service is just too terrible.

A
5:52 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Disappointing Experience at Bob's Discount Furniture: Lack of Support and Overselling of Protection Plans

I recently had my first experience shopping at Bob's Discount Furniture and I have to say, I won't be going back. While the furniture I purchased was decent and solid, I had an issue with one of the chairs in my dining set. It was delivered without issue, but a week later I noticed that one of the chairs was not properly put together and had a chip in the wood.

I took the chair back to the store a week later, only to be told that I needed to contact customer service. I was disappointed to learn that the store doesn't provide any support after the sale. I was given a number to call and was told that I needed to wait for a technician to come evaluate the situation. All of this for a $100 chair!

To make matters worse, I had purchased the Goof Proof protection, which was oversold to me by the salesman. The terms and conditions in the contract were very different from what I was told. I was under the impression that the warranty covered any damage except intentional damage, but the salesman's explanation of "intentional damage" was very different.

I should have done my homework before making my purchase, but I trusted the salesman and now I'm paying the price. I would advise anyone considering purchasing from Bob's to ask for and read the terms and conditions of the policy before making a purchase.

Overall, I was disappointed with my experience at Bob's Discount Furniture. While the furniture is good, the lack of support after the sale and overselling of protection plans make it a less than ideal shopping experience. I would recommend looking for a store with better after-sales customer service.

5:22 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Bob's Discount Furniture Twin Bed Review: Poor Quality, Uncomfortable, and Dangerous

I bought a twin bed/box spring and bed frame from Bob's Discount Furniture for my guest room during the holidays. I thought it was a good deal since it was inexpensive, but boy was I wrong! The stitching was undone and falling apart all around the edges. The mattress and box spring were not the same size and no matter how many ways I tried to line them up, they wouldn't because they were neither the same size nor actual rectangular shape. When you sit on the mattress, it completely depresses, the sides will sink all the way, and the cheap springs will be visible through the mattress. The springs also hurt terribly and were VERY uncomfortable.

I had to buy 6 inches worth of extra mattress padding (which gets very pricey) to compensate for my guest using the bed. The bed frame does not lock into position for twin size nor even in the small position, does the twin bed actually fit. There's a gap. For all these reasons, the bed frame and bed never stay in place or is falling off. I jammed the bed between other furniture pieces so that it's not annoying for my guest to constantly try to figure out the puzzle of making the bed in the morning, distorted products that do not line up and the frame that keeps pulling apart and the bed that does not sit in the frame properly.

Lastly, the leg/feet of bed frame are not finished edges on all sides. It's jagged and dangerous and I strongly recommend you do not purchase this as it will cause injury unknowingly. I was wiping the floor around the bed from all the dust and loose threads after I made the bed and the jagged edge of the leg scraped a layer off my forearm. It was really bad and bleeding badly. I still have the scar on my arm 4 months later and this was December 2019 that I purchased the bed and this occurred. I wrapped cardboard around the legs so my guest doesn't hurt herself.

Needing something inexpensive was the reason for purchase however you can find much higher quality products at Amazon, IKEA, Costco for same or better price. In fact, because you need to purchase extra padding because of the cheap mattress/springs, it is most definitely NOT worth buying products from Bob's. You can easily find very good, solid, functional twin bed frames at almost anywhere else for the price Bob's is asking. I only purchased through Bob's for convenience of making one purchase of all items together. Shop around, you will find that Bob's is not the best deal for inexpensive purchases.

The only plus on the shopping experience is that they had a very good automated delivery system in place that you can track as you begrudgingly wait for your furniture arrival and the delivery men were very pleasant and polite. However, I would not recommend buying from Bob's Discount Furniture. Save yourself the hassle and potential injury and shop elsewhere for better quality products at the same or better price.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Nightmare Customer Service: My Experience with Bob's Discount Furniture

I gotta say, I'm pretty fed up with Bob's Discount Furniture. My husband and I ordered a bed set with a dresser chest, but the chest was on back order. When the bed was delivered, the delivery guy said the drawer was broken and couldn't bring it in. No big deal, right? Wrong. Customer care called and said the dresser was undeliverable because it didn't fit through the door. I asked how that was possible since it was assembled inside, but the rep didn't acknowledge the lie and just said she'd submit a request for a Wednesday night delivery after 6:30. I asked for a Saturday morning if that didn't work.

Then, I got a text saying the delivery was scheduled for Saturday between 3:15-7:15. I was livid. It had been over a month without the dresser. I called customer service and asked for a manager, but was hung up on. When I called back, the same rep denied hanging up and didn't apologize. I asked for a manager again and was told she was with another client. I asked for a call back, but didn't get one. After 45 minutes, I called back and finally got a manager. She constantly cut me off and didn't address the falsified reason for the undeliverable dresser or the rep disconnecting the call.

By the end of the conversation, nothing was resolved. I just wanted my dresser, so I made sure to be home for the redelivery. But it never came. When my husband called, they said it was delivered and signed for, but couldn't produce a signature copy. The rep treated us like liars and offered a reluctant redelivery with no sense of urgency. It's been a month and a half since we placed the order and we've gone through so much crap with Bob's Furniture. They're a nightmare to deal with. Save yourself the hassle and don't order from them.

Read full review of Bob's Discount Furniture and 1 comment
1 comment
Derek Nolan
, US
Sep 04, 2023 9:07 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same issues

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Terrible Furniture Buying Experience with BOBS - Delivery Delayed Multiple Times, Poor Customer Service & Misleading Information

This company is not good for buying furniture! I ordered my furniture on March 9th, 2018 and they told me that it would be delivered to my home on March 12th between 1:30-5:30. I got a phone call saying that the company would not start delivering furniture until 1pm so my time window was pushed back between 2:45-6:45. That was okay with me. I checked my order on their site and saw that they give you a time window, BUT the actual time of arrival (directly underneath) is the time that your furniture will actually be arriving to your home; and that time does not fall in that time window you receive when you order your furniture, its hours later. I called a second time to ask why they have two delivery times and to confirm that my order would arrive between 2:45-6:45 and during this call I was informed that my delivery time was pushed back AGAIN (but no one called me to inform me, once again) and when i asked why, i was told by a representative that she does not know why, but she stated that my order would definitely arrive at 8pm that night, the trucks were on time and my time would not change again. At this point I have no choice but to accept the 8pm delivery because I called out of work for the day to wait for my furniture delivery and all I wanted was my furniture because I have been without furniture since the time Ive placed my order with BOBS. After that phone call, I waited about and hour and I tracked my package again and my time went from 8pm to "unable to start". I was pissed. I called to figure out what that meant exactly, I was told that my order had to be rescheduled for another day BUT NO ONE CALLED ME TO INFORM ME! I called 3 times and not once did a representative inform me that my order had to be rescheduled; so at 7:13pm I was told that they did not know why my delivery was not being able to be delivered that night, their trucks were off the road already and I had to reschedule, but my furniture was supposed to be delivered at 8pm... how?. I requested to speak to a manager because the cs rep was so rude, when I spoke to the manager and voiced my concerns, she tells me I have to reschedule my delivery, and I ask her will my furniture be here first thing the morning of 3/13 because I think thats fair, she informs me that the earliest time that she can get my furniture to me is 3/16 in the afternoon or the following week and that she A MANAGER did not know why this happened with my furniture. When I asked her why I could not receive my furniture the next morning, she informed me that they cancelled all deliveries for the day of 3/13 because of a snow storm, which I am still waiting to see because outside of my window, there is no snow storm happening. I requested every penny of my $1800 because of the lack of professionalism and carelessness. I found a raymour and flanigan outlet that had better furniture and it cost less but I got more than what I ordered from bobs. I will NEVER order from here again, lesson learned.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Bob's Discount Furniture: Worst Customer Experience of My Life

I recently bought a bed for my 12-year-old son from Bob's Discount Furniture. Although the service at the store was fine, it has been a month, and we still don't have the bed. We had four failed deliveries, and each time it was a different problem. The first time, they forgot the headboard and left the boxes. The second time, they didn't show up at all. The third time, they delivered the wrong bed, and the fourth time, the product was materially damaged.

It seems like the storefront and the Customer Care team can't communicate properly. The people at the store were nice and sympathetic, but ultimately unhelpful in resolving the problems. They just passed us off to Customer Care, where we were just a number. They didn't care about us or our problem, and we were lucky if anyone even called us back. We wasted countless hours trying to resolve the issue. When I asked for a refund, I was told that was impossible since I still had two giant boxes containing pieces of the bed in my house. The GM suggested I drive it back down, after which he could issue a refund. When I told him my car wasn't big enough, but he could follow me in his truck, he refused. They offered to comp the delivery fee after the first failure, but no additional compensation was offered after failures 2-4. When I asked for the name of a regional or corporate person to contact to file a complaint, the information was flat out refused.

Today, after the fourth failed delivery, I called the store multiple times to reschedule delivery, and the GM (Steve) was clearly frustrated and annoyed. He initially told me I had to reschedule through Customer Care, and when I challenged him, he tried to deflect the problems and actually blamed me for his company's deficiencies. His actions are what eventually resulted in me locating this site (as well as consumer affairs) to vent my frustrations through public review. When I asked Steve if it would ever be delivered correctly, he said he can't make any guarantees and doesn't want to fail a fifth time, so he preferred I just cancel my order. This is one of their GMs acknowledging defeat, not a great face for a store. The other GM (Jeff) is significantly more polished and customer savvy, opting to use common sense and not toss gasoline on an already stressed situation. I'd say Jeff should be promoted, but he's better off finding a job with a better operation. Steve is clearly where he belongs.

I've never shopped at Bob's before, and I will certainly never shop at Bob's again. I've already told everyone I know about this sad and yet comical story, and I will continue to warn friends and family about Bob's until my eventual death. Unless you are trying to recreate a month's long Punk'd or Candid Camera experience for yourself, stay away. Customer Care is a total sham, and they don't care. This was the worst customer experience of my life.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Bob's Discount Furniture Review: 11 Months Later and Still No Resolution

Me and my wife went to Bob's Discount Furniture on February 29th, 2020, to buy a new love seat and couch. We found a set we liked and paid in full and waited for its delivery. When it arrived, we were happy with our choice. However, just two days later, the couch stopped working correctly, and I had to call Bob's customer service.

The representative told me that due to the corona virus, things would take a couple of months. I didn't have any problem with that, so I waited. After a couple of months, I called Bob's again, and they sent a man out to check the couch. He decided that it needed a new mechanical assembly, and they would order it to be delivered to my home.

When the assembly arrived, they sent another man out to install it. However, he finished and said that the couch still needed replacing. I told him that's what I had said from the beginning. He ordered a new left couch section and said they would come back to make the exchange and reinstall a new left couch in November.

I waited until mid-November and called to see what was up with my order and when I could expect it. However, I was told that it would be late November now. I called again in early December, and they told me it would be late December. I called again in late December, and they told me it would now be in January.

Finally, on January 21st, I called again, and they told me it would be February. At this point, I was frustrated and decided to talk to customer service one last time before submitting my complaint to the state Attorney General's office.

During this phone call, I explained everything that had happened to me and my wife. I asked for a complete refund at this point and for them to come and pick up their furniture as well as fix my hardwood floor that their couch had dug a gouge in. The man on the phone understood my dilemma, but he couldn't make that decision, so he put a supervisor lady on the phone.

I had to explain the whole story again to bring her up to speed. I said I ordered the furniture set last February and paid for it upfront. Now, after 11 months later, I still have a broken couch and damaged hardwood floor. I explained to her that this was not acceptable, and 11 months later with no resolution is ridiculous. I didn't think this type of business practice was allowed in Michigan.

She replied that she couldn't bring furniture back to the store after 9 months, to which I replied that I called right away, and it's their fault it has been this long. She stated that they wanted pictures from me, but I had no request, and I would have gladly provided them. In fact, the service man that came out took pictures.

She again stated that she couldn't settle this to my satisfaction. I asked for an email address for Bob's Customer Service department, but she told me they didn't have one. She suggested that I go to Bob's Furniture site and enter my address there and blindly hit a button, knowing nothing about where this email is going. I was told Bob's had no email for me. Hmmmm.

I explained that my call at this point was a courtesy call, and if we couldn't resolve this, I would be writing the Attorney General's office. I wanted Bob's email to cc them, but they still wouldn't admit to having an email address.

As I told them multiple times, all I want is to return their furniture, have my floor repaired, and to be given a complete refund in the total amount of $2084.65. This whole experience has been frustrating, and I wouldn't recommend Bob's Discount Furniture to anyone.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture Terrible Customer Service Experience at Bob's Discount Furniture Store in Pittsburgh, PA

Bob's Discount Furniture is a place where you should not buy furniture from, according to my experience. The customer service is terrible and I am a very disappointed customer. I bought a bedroom set from the North Hills Store in Pittsburgh, PA. My salesman Archie was phenomenal and awesome, but my first indication of a problem was when my salesman tried scheduling my furniture for us to pick it up to avoid a delivery charge of $129. Archie thought the set I was purchasing was being discontinued so I indicated we would take the floor model if need be. The manager came over and did some things on the computer and said, if we scheduled it for my husband to pick it up we would not be guaranteed that the items would not be sold out, so he bamboozled me into paying the $129 for delivery. The items were delivered on Saturday. So we spent the day taking our old furniture apart and cleaning. When my husband began putting the new bed together, we discovered there were no side rails or hardware. The store closes at 7, so no call until the next day.

Now the fun begins... try calling the store, get stuck in leaving messages, no person to answer. Finally get through and I was told to call customer service. Forty minute wait... then talk to a person, they will send out the parts (I can't just go to the store and pick them up) Fed-express... 5-7 DAYS... more like Pony Express. At this point, my husband and I are sleeping on our mattress on the floor! We are not children and have physical issues that we should not be on the floor. Then on Tuesday, no parts so I was able to get in touch with Archie who apologized and said he would have his manager contact me. No call from the manager.

So Saturday (a whole week later) I went to the store with my daughter-in-law. The salesperson, Al who was at the door, treated me completely disrespectful, so I told him to have a manager come to speak with me. After total rudeness, he did, the manager said he would look up my order and call me... I said absolutely not, I will wait right here because I can no longer sleep on the floor. I sent my daughter in law in to look for Archie and Al stopped her and was completely rude to her! Another customer witnessed the entire scene and stopped to give me his number as he was leaving the store due to what he witnessed and would not purchase anything where they treated customers as me and my daughter in law were treated.

The manager came out with a print out saying the parts were not mailed until THURSDAY! And could only say, I'm sorry. But no option for rectifying the situation with the furniture or the salesperson Al! So I called on my way home to the 800 number the phone call took one hour and 45 minutes before a person answered the phone! The call lasted at least 45 minutes and still we will be sleeping on the floor. Still no rectifying the situation. Also my husband called the manager and told him he did not appreciate the way his salesman disrespected me at the store and all he would say is he told me he was sorry for the way the salesman acted and my husband said it wasn't good enough because the manager did nothing to fix the situation with the bed and he laughed at my husband on the phone!

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! NEVER SHOP AT BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE... and trust me the prices were not really a discount.

Overview of Bob's Discount Furniture customer experience

Bob's Discount Furniture has been the subject of numerous consumer complaints. Customers have reported issues with delivery, damaged merchandise, poor customer service, and difficulty obtaining refunds or exchanges. Many have also expressed frustration with the quality of the furniture, citing issues with durability and comfort. Additionally, some customers have reported misleading advertising and pricing practices. Overall, Bob's Discount Furniture has a poor reputation among consumers, with many warning others to avoid the company.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Bob's Discount Furniture contacts