Complaints & Reviews

Rooms To Go — repair

I bought a package deal about 2 years ago. the recliner has a defect. I think it can be fixed but rooms to go...

Rooms To Gopromotional scam

Scammed with promotional trick, purchased a simmons chillowat king sized mattress set, advertised with free tv. We didn't even want or need the tv we have four already. Salesman told us that it was free, and that the price was the same with or w/o tv. We were convinced by this and really liked the comfort of the display model and purchased the bed. Well, needles to say, it hasn't even bee two full months and the mattress has bumps and lumps throughout the surface tech came, inspected the mattress and approved a replacement. We were so displeased with the mattress we asked that we could possibly trade for another mattress, and if there was a price difference we would pay, no problem they told us. We go back to the store and decided on a much more expensive mattress by posturpedic. But here it comes, instead of the $ we paid for the first mattress being credited to us, they only gave us credit minust the price of the socalled free"" free" tv. So, as weve all been told in life nothing is free. !!! Even though if we wanted to just buy the mattress to begin with, but the salesman basically called us a fool for not taking the tv, what's the difference? The way I look at it is that if I were to walk in today and purchase same deal, and not gotten the tv for same price, then returned and now they had a free tv with bed do you think they would give it to me??? Rooms to go is a big scam, and it really sucks because we had no choice but to take it up the — - because my wife is very physically disabled, and we can't be without a good bed, and can't afford to lose all money paid, anybody out there that has some good advice/help feel free to let us know.

Rooms To Go / Sofa, Chair And Loveseatsub quality furniture sold

Do not buy furniture from Rooms to Go. I purchased a leather Sofa, Loveseat and chair combination set less than a year ago. The set has springs that are sagging due to inferior chinese / Taiwanese steel used in the construction. Even though the set is still under warranty, Rooms To Go advised me that it is not warranted because it is a "normal wear" condition. Now, I weigh about 170 and live alone. I have a cat that weighs 6.5lbs. Neither of us are heavy, yet the springs are sagging and they say this is normal wear in less than a year! I guess I should have known better than to buy cheap furniture...I just feel very sorry for the people that can't pay cash and have to finance for several years at "0%" interest, only to have their furniture fall apart in less than a year. Sad that our Country and it's businesses have come to this.

Rooms To Goidentity theft

If you open a credit account through rooms to go-- cancel it as soon as you make your purchase. I live in florida and recieved a 1600.00 bill for childrens furniture purchased in agusta georgia- { never been there in our lives } We bought furniture from the florida store { paid in full 6 months ago} Never took the GE CREDIT card { rooms to go } out of the house since we recieved it in the mail. Now we have to dispute the purchase through GE credit. This could have only happened through GE CREDIT- They must have been breeched but won't admit it...BEWARE OF ROOMS TO GO CREDIT CO..

• Je
          Jeff Koryciak May 03, 2012

True but that didn't happen-{ I shread or burn important documents } None of my other cards or accounts have been stolden. Just RTG - According to the GE finance bank { RTG} it happens at furniture outlets all the time- so far this hasn't been resolved. I'm just letting people know to cancel their GE account after making a purchase from RTG. You can always open another account. if needed.

Rooms To Gocredit breech

Must read!! If you open a account through rooms to go cancell after making your purchase. My wife had a account paid off 6 months ago and yesterday we recieved a bill for 1600.00 dollars from rooms to go in augusta georgia - we live in florida and never been to augusta ga. Now we are going through all kinds of crap with ge credit co to dispute this. Our credit card hasn't ever been out of the desk in our house - ever... Cancel account after making your purchase..

Rooms To Go — horrible service

My wife and I recently decided to visit the new store to purchase a living room set for the house we just had...

Rooms To Go Furniture Storedon't stand by their warranty

We bought a queen mattress set from Rooms To Go along with a mattress protector. Well, I called when the mattress protector ripped, they sent another one out. I asked for them to come check the mattress out because it is very uncomfortable and my back hurts when I sleep on it.

They came out but then we never heard anything from them. I called them again about a year later to get the mattress and couches checked out. I also requested a mattress protector, but it never came. They came out after we moved. The tech looked at the bed and then left after less than one minute in my house. He said customer service would call me within 3 to 5 days. That never happened. I just called to get my issue resolved.

The customer service lady said they sent the mattress protector out, but I have yet to see it. I told them not to send it until after we moved, they said ok. Apparently they don't honor their warranty and their word. They said they called, but they never did because I have a cell phone with a call record to prove it. I was then told that they would not do anything until I have the mattress professionally cleaned because it is stained. Well if the mattress protector did its job, it would not have stains, so I don't feel I should have to have it cleaned. They should honor the warranty. I was then told that I have never had them out until this time, I told them that they are incorrect because I had them out the first time. So basically I was called a liar.

I would not buy anything from any rooms to go in any state. They rip off you off and dont stand by their warranty and word. Needless to say, we bought another mattress set from another company and it has a non prorated 10 year warranty, with an additional 10 year prorated warranty. It sleeps so much than I could ever imagine. This mattress is a foam matter. They also sold the mattress protector at half the price of the other mattress places.

Stay away from Rooms To Go. Will never go into a Rooms To Go as long as I live.

Chad_RTG Feb 13, 2012

I’m sorry to hear about your mattress experience, and can assure you that Rooms To Go does stand behind all warranties and services that we provide. If you would like to email us the details of the situation, we would be more than happy to take a look further into your request to see what may have happened, and if any options still may be available.

If so, please email us this information along with your order details to [protected]@roomstogo.com.

Rooms To Go Furniture Storerequested cancelation of extra protection plan denied and cannot be refunded

We bought several home furnitures on May 11, 2010 and during the process our agent explained to us about buying extended protection plan for each set. The next day after analyzing that we don't need the extended protection plan we returned to the store and requested that they be taken off of our orders. The agent by the name of Mr Phil Rothrock insisted that we keep it for a few more days and if we really think that we don't need it to call and cancel the said plan. Several day past and one set of the furniture was delivered to our place. After the furniture and beds were set up to where it should go in our house the installer ended up damaging the mattress. I called the number the installed gave me and made the complaint and at the same time asked that the extended protection plan be cancelled. They set up a date to replace the damaged mattress, but was told that i need to call the local store where i bought the furniture in order to have the cancellation of extended protection taken cared of. I called and was told to call the 800 number. I called the 800 number and was told again that the local store will take care of it. Finally my wife and I went back to the store bringing back the items that need to be returned in processing the cancellation of said protection plan, but was denied and said that after the products are delivered that we cannot cancelled said protection plan anymore. i told the agent and the manager that during the second day of transacting business with them that I tried to cancel said protection already but the agent insist that we keep it for a few more days and call to cancel if we really need to have it cancel. Then the agent denied that he ever said that to us.

Rooms To Gobad service and ruined property from delivery

I purchases a bedroom set in March 2010. When they delivered the furniture, i was showing one guy what room it would be going to, as i looked out the window, the driver backed the BIG truck into my driveway... he knocked out all the wiring attached from my house to the street. while on the phone w/ my neighbors phone, making calls, they delivered the furniture, but left me a broken mirror... told me someone would be by to replace it... overnite, the driveway cracked, and it took me a week to get the wiring reattached..i had to call to get the replacement mirror...stayed home for it... waited 8 hours past the time they said they would be there... had to have someone wait, so i could go to work..they finally showed up and asked for tools to put the mirror up! I worked w/ rooms to go for a few months, trying to get money for the driveway, then went to the BBB of FL and after a year of dealing back and forth, submitting letters from neighbors stating my driveway was not pre-existing, and also pics from last year til now..they have closed the case..DO NOT SHOP THERE EVER!!!

Rooms To Gounfair warranty policy/horrible customer service

Bought a mattress set worth $1700 at RTG. It caused back, neck and shoulder pain. They came out and determined the mattress set was defective. Their warranty policy is a joke and very unfair. I am now getting a set worth only $1000. This is something I sleep on every night and a difference of $700 surely will sleep differently! The material and look of the new set is much lower in quality. Tried contacting customer service through email and phone, both offered no help. Disputed this through the Better Business Bureau, again did nothing to get me another mattress set that is similar. Hopefully, if enough people complain they will change their policy to be fair to the consumer. I've spent over $5000 with RTG and this is how I am treated! The guy at the store even told me that I could complain to corporate but they wouldn't care or do anything! Never will shop there again! I couldn't believe they were willing to lose my business over this!

Chad_RTG Sep 22, 2011

I believe that I may have caught your post from another consumer website. However, If you can email us your order details at [protected]@roomstogo.com, we would like to see if there is anything that we may be able to further assist you with.

• Ni
                    Nickelsony Jan 22, 2013

I purchased a $1000.00 Sealy posturepedic mattress from Rooms to Go over 4 years or so ago. I began to notice neck and back pain. I also noticed that it was sinking in the middle. I called because it was under warranty. I was told that if it sunk in that I could get a replacement mattress. That was then. The results were horrible. They are not replacing it and guess why?
                    1. A few stains on it. I should have called when I got stains. This was not told to me when I purchased it!
                    2. The mattress isn't set up right? My response- when I purchased this bed it's set up in a way that a box spring was not necessary. I was told that I should have purchased a very
                    small one! They should have told me this when i purchased it!

They came up with many reasons to not replace it! I don't get it! Shouldn't I have been made aware of ALL OF THIS when I purchased it! I requested a copy of the results of service and they told me no. What kind of business is this? If you they choose deny me a replacement then they should have a reason why on black and white.

Very unsatisfied customer! I spent around &4000.00 for that bedroom set including that mattress.

Rooms To Go — bait and switch

On Friday, July 22, 2011, we went to a few different stores to look for a new matress. Our last stop wa...

Rooms To Go Kidswanted to deliver at midnight

Rooms to go will lie about availablity of furniture and delevery times... Could not get delivery of furniture...

We cancelled our first order because it would take 12 weeks for delivery. The next order for a different set of children's beds we were given delivery day and a 4 hour window to wait and when passed time were told it would not be here until after 11:30pm and set up after midnight... After we told the local store to cancel order the home office called and said the delivery would be the next morning... Waited all day... Called several times and told different times for delivery... Then told our order had been put on truck last and it would be about same time as last night I had had more than enough... Office girl, tonya, would not put manager of store on the phone and was rude. I cancelled order and will never shop at rooms to go again. They lost this sale and our entire bedroom sale also.

Chad_RTG Jul 05, 2011

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you had with your order and delivery. If you can email us your order details at [protected]@roomstogo.com, we would be more than happy to look further into the situation.

Roomstogo. Org. Ukthey have taken the money as quick as they could have

I have bought a wardrobe on 26/05/11. Today is 10/06/11 and I am still waiting. I have left many messages but have not had any reply from anybody. They have an answering services and all you can do is leave a message and wait. No updates or anything similar. They have taken the money as quick as they could have. My next step is a legal advice.

• Sh
                        shepic Nov 25, 2011

I purchased a dining table and six chairs, on31st of October.There delivery policy is to get it to you in 10-15 working days, it is now 25thNovember and still no sign of my purchase.I have rang their call centre 3 times to leave messages, to no avail, and emailed them twice with no reply I am now worried that I have been ripped off, and will be consulting legal advice within the next few days.

• Be
                        Beautiful1972 Jan 24, 2012

Hi Shepic. Did you get your problem solved? I am having a simular problem!! Nightmare!! Please advice. Many Thanks

• Ds
                        dsuk Jan 31, 2012

placed order 3/01/2012 - money taken from credit card the same day. E-mail to confirm order.
                        To date no further communication and no response to 4 telephone calls to their "customer service desk" - nothing more than a message forwarding service - and two e-mails threatening credit card dispute procedures. Have finally given up and passed to my credit card company. I WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN!!

John74 Feb 14, 2012

I've had exactly the same problem. Company that answers is called Anserve and they are as bad as Rooms To Go. This is a fake site and does what everyone says i.e takes your money then runs. Never a return call or dispatch - truly a criminal enterprise. DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

• Ka
                        kateblue8 Feb 28, 2012

Shocking customer service! DO NOT USE. Horrible rude man called Chris will email you back if you threaten to go to the police, otherwise he will ignore all of your calls and emails - complete CON!!!

• Di
                        Dissatisfied, London Oct 29, 2012

I confirm all the above. The answering service does not pass messages on and no replies from numerous emails concerning the sofa I' ordered. I will be taking this further as my money has been taken and no goods delivered, therefore fraudulent.

Rooms To Go — delivery

On May 15, 2011, I came in to the to purchase a living room set, using the Rooms To Go credit card I wa...

Cindy Crawford Furniture — 3 sets of pillows and 2 chaisse lounges in 7 months

I purchased a sectional sofa with chaisse lounge. About 45 days after I got it the cushions on the chaisse...

Bunk bed — defected broke parts

I purchased a bunk bed for my son 26 Mar 11, the delivery truck just showed up. As they were unpacking each...

Rooms To Go — delivery problems

I am a recently divorced dad and a small business owner so consequintly there is usually no one at my home...

Rooms To Godelivery - poor customer service

I purchased a bedroom set for my son on Saturday, 3/12/11 and it was to be delivered on Friday, 3/18/11. I was supposed to receive a call 48 hours in advance to tell me when delivery window would be. I never got a call so on Friday morning I called the customer service number to find out my delivery window; which was 4-8pm. I had a prior engagment so my husband stayed at home with the kids to be there for delivery. We had to be somewhere that evening but planned to have someone home between 4-8pm for the delivery. Needless to say, they didn't show up and they did call me at 7:30pm but didnt leave a voicemail since I was unable to answer. They didn't call the second contact number since no one answered the first contact number. He had to leave since they didn't show up, to feed the kids. They called me twice after that once at 8:30pm and 9:30pm and did leave messages those times to tell me they were in route and would arrive in 1.5 to 2 hours. They didn't show up to deliver and set-up a kids bedroom set until 11pm!!! Even if I was home we would have been sleeping.

So I call customer service the next day and they tell me I can't re-set my delivery until 48 business hours and to call back then. They also tell me that I "refused" delivery and to call the salesman if I want to cancel my order. When I call to cancel my order with him or to see if they will give me some sort of credit for the inconvienance. They tell me I can't give you a credit since usually we charge you an additional delivery fee since you refused the delivery but we aren't charging you. So I talk to the manager and what an a**, he tells me he can give me a $50 certificate but that's all he can do and that the window of delivery is a convienance to us but not set in stone. Their hours of delivery are 7am - 10pm but I guess he thinks eventhough that's the window of delivery, they could deliver 24 hours around the clock. What a waste of my time. Then I tried to cancel my order but now they want to charge me 20% restocking fee eventhough I never got the delivery. What a load of crap. I will never buy any furniture from them again!!! Oh and make sure you read the fine print in the pamplet they give you with your receipt. It basically states all their terrible customer service issues upfront. So I guess the customers shouldn't be surprised.

Chad_RTG Mar 28, 2011

I understand your frustration, and apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced while trying to receive your purchase order. If you would like to email us your order details at [protected]@roomstogo.com, we can then look further into your experience.

Rooms To Godelivery service

Delivery service sucks!!! The delivery people are independent and set up delivery their way not yours. I was lied to by a delivery driver after they tried to deliver my furniture after hours even though it states on the invoice delivery by condo rules 8:00-4:00pm! They arrived at 3:45pm and needed 1-1/2 hours to place furniture and setup. They were turned away and after a call to the local store and corporate I was told that my delivery would be the first one the next day. I spoke to the driver in person! Needless to say I called to verify again the morning of delivery and was told they would be delivering 3:00pm! I cancelled my order after complaining to corporate about the driver's commitment to me the prior day and being told again by the store there is nothing they can do that the driver's make the schedules. I am cancelling my account and never will deal with "Rooms to Go" again! If you are leary, go with your gutt and that is do not purchase furniture from their stores.

Chad_RTG Mar 21, 2011

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the delivery to your home. The driver’s stops are actually routed geographically so that all customers can receive their delivery as scheduled. For time frame restrictions as such, our office does try their best in order to arrive prior to the needed time. Unfortunately there are at times situations beyond our control that prevent us from doing so.

However, this does not excuse the information that you were told in regards to the following day. If you wish to email us your order details at [protected]@roomstogo.com, we can then look further into your inquiry.

Rooms To Gocheap quality furniture and awful customer service

We went to the new rooms to go store at i-10 west at bunker hill (Houston texas) on sunday in jan 2011 and purchased a tv stand for $849.00 and paid for it that day.

We waited for over a week for it to be delivered and when it was it was delivered with one whole side damanged.

It looked liked it had been done in the warehouse and they tried to glue it back together, I cannot beleived they would have even let it go out the door that way.

They call and said they would be there that afternnon between 4 & 7 pm. We arrange to get off early. I received a ohine call at 9:30 am saying they were there, I had to have my brother go over and let them in and accept the deliverly.

Had they deliver it at the time they said they was I would have been there to refuse it. I call and after numberous phone calls and speaking to several people, I was told they could not pickup it up for 2 weeks. I informed them I was expecting movers in the morning and did not have room for a piece of garabge furniture, they still refuse to do anything until one week 2 days later when the came and picked it up.

When I questioned them about the refund to my debit card they said that would take up two two billing cycles. I today got the refund but now for the two deliver charges on furniture that was delivered damanged.

The people in the customer service department were unprofessional and very rude.

Four months early I had spend almost 7 grand in the baybrook mall, (Houston texas) store, *** will freeze over before I give that company any more business.

I am a interior designed. I have used this store often, but that wll not happen again. I will make sure to tell every one I speak to about how rooms to go operates.

Buyer beware!!

RESOLVED

• Rooms To Go's response · Mar 17, 2016

Sorry to hear about this. Are you able to send us your order info along with the above details to [protected]@Roomstogo.com?

• Vi
                              vicki Saleff Mar 16, 2016

You are so right. I live in Corpus Christi Tx. ROOMS TO GO sells nothing but cheap quality furniture. Cindy Crawford needs to buy her Brand and use it herself. My cloth sectional of 3 months has already been replaced and the new one is just as bad. FEATHERS COMING OUT TERRIBLE ODOR AND RTG ACTS LIKE EVEN WITH EXTENDED WARRANTY THAT THEY ARE DOING YOU A FAVOR. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FURNITURE I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY MY FURNITURE AT MACYS WHERE THEY ARE JUST GREAT ON SERVICE AND STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. 3-17-16 VICKI SALEFF