Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

factory service is deplorable!

My sixteen month old Maytag Microwave is broken again. I really think that this one is a Lemon. It’s a Model MMV4205AAB, and the Magnetron was replaced about six weeks ago. This time it is completely dead, and just blows the circuit breaker for the circuit that it is attached to. Customer Service told my wife on Friday, that they would authorize Dependable Appliance for a repair call. Dependable Appliance told my wife that they would no longer be servicing any microwaves. She spoke to Adrianna at Dependable on Ext. 6379. Service from Maytag has been simply deplorable. The repair people at A&E Factory Service were nasty, to say the least.

The first Service Appointment was August 24,2007 (8 AM – 12 PM). The repairman finally came at 1:50PM, and when I asked why it was after 12PM (without a phone call), he headed toward his truck and said “if you really want it before 12, I can schedule it for another day”. When the second person came (a week and a half later )to put in the part, he almost left because he needed help to dismount and remount the Microwave from under the cabinets. If I hadn’t helped him, I would probably still be waiting. All I ever really do, is wait for Maytag Service. I have a temporary solution while waiting. I have purchased a spare Microwave, (of course not Maytag) for when the Maytag is out of service. The original service call to Maytag started on August 2th, 2007, and Maytag claims that they can have someone from A&E Factory Service out to our home on October 8th, 2007. I don't feel bad telling visitors why the GE Microwave is sitting on the counter, while a Maytag Microwave is mounted over the cook-top. I really wouldn't be surprised if no
one showed up to repair the Microwave on October 8th.

what a lemon!

Purchased a Maytag Top Loader model # FAV6800AWW serial # 11509522Ej In Aug 2004, Have had 8 service calls for this machine . Luckily I Purchased a extended Warranty from Maytag Dependability Plus (what a Joke) . It is pretty frustrating when you call and must wait 2 -3 days for someone to call you to tell you that they can schedule the repairman to come in 2 weeks. I have had 2 Mother Boards replaced and numerous left and right cover locks. Now I have been getting a Lr message rotor locked. I thought I had purchase a Lemon but after reading these complaints I am not alone. The machine sounds like a jet engine when it spins. Is there a class action suit in the works for this models or do we need to start one. One would thing that if we acted together we might be heard. Would love to hear from others about their problems.

• Ha
    Harley Parvin Nov 09, 2007

I have the exact same problem and this is my second Neptune. I originally purchased Neptune Model# FAV6800AWW in Jan 2005 at Sears. After numerous service calls due to problems where the machine would quit due to unbalance condition, it was finally replaced under warranty (every part in the original machine had been replaced). Now I am having the Lr problem. I have been a Maytag buyer all my life. NEVER again. After much research on the web, I see multiple people reporting the Lr problem and getting no satisfaction from Maytag. This time around I'll purchase an LG brand.

• Fu
    funtodd Aug 01, 2009

I have not had any circuit problems, but have you looked just under the top ring inside? There is mold everywhere. I cant believe how bad my clothes smell after just washing them, I thought because I had left them in over night. But it has happened too many times and so I started to look around and was astonished with what I had found. If you have one of these machines, take a look. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• Es
    ESTHER SWEENEY May 28, 2010

I bought a neptune top loader in April 2006 and have had nothing but trouble with it . Recently I begin smelling a moldy smell after a load finshed washing, then it begin to leak oil. I called our local repair man from the store where we bought the washer and was told it would cost about $500. to fix it. I spoke with whirlpool representatives today who told me all they could do for me is give me a15% discount on a new maytag. WHAT A JOKE! THE MODEL # IS FAV 6800AWW

poor quality product!

I bought a Maytag Neptune Front Load washer Model# MAH8700AWW in May of 2006 for $913.00, it is September 13...

poor service!

I have written letters as well as emails and have not gotten a response from anyone. I decided to call but after being given about 8 different phone #s, no one was able to help. I am certain that I am disconnected by design. In utter frustration now, should I contact my lawyer?? The problem is that my clothes smell moldy after ashing. I also complained about the rubber lining being mildewed and has worn thin ans so it can burst at any time. I suffer with asthma triggered by allergies, so this has become a major health issue for me. I have been told that I should use bleach, but we are on a septic system and do not use bleach.

Thanks.

we need a class action lawsuit

Maytag atlantis washing machine. Lemon. Company and place that we bought it won't do anything.

not living up to contract

Called in Juli about a broken dishwasher, had to wait 3 weeks for service. Technisian came 3 hours late, I lost 7 hours of work. He said the damage was not covered and wanted me to buy parts. I refused. he called company and suddenly it was covered. He did not have parts and rescheduled for 2 weeks later. The day of no one showed up, another loss of work 4 hours. I called the service company and the said he was sick they said the called the house and they did not. I'd like to cancel the service, it's useless!!!

• Ap
    appliances dealer Mar 05, 2009

am a maytag Dependability plus dealer, and I can attest to all the complaints that are posted on this board. We have had countless bad experiences with them, and we would NOT recommend them to anyone for ANYTHING!! THey have HORRIBLE customer service, and EVEN worse repair service.

• Si
    Sickofppl Aug 30, 2009

L2type ###. Probably a ###in spick.

terrible service!

My issue as seen below is not only with the failure of the transmission on my 3.5 year old maytag but the lack of service provided by Maytag dependability plus and Metro Factory Service in Dover, NJ. I had to wait for TWO weeks before the Maytag authorized service provider Metro Factory Service could look at the machine and then waited an additional 3.5 weeks for Metro Factory Service to obtain a transmission and come to fix it. When the washer failed mid cycle I bailed out all the water that I could but there is standing water remaining that has mildewed causing my whole house to SMELL! Following is the timeline so far... you tell me if this is quality Maytag service.

July 30... washer failed.

July 1... called Maytag Dependability Plus and opened claim.

July 12... Metro Factory Service person came and spent 5 minutes looking at washer. Gave me a work order that says "found bad transmission and ordered 1 transmission gear" He said they would call in three to five days.
After many calls to Maytag Dependability Plus... Metro Service called and said the soonest they could come was. AUGUST 6!!!

Metro Factory Service arrived August 6 to install new transmission. Repair person looked at washer and said that he thinks that the tech that was sent to diagnose the problem was wrong but since his work order says to install a transmission then that is what he will do. New transmission installed... washer still does not work... it is the motor that is bad. No motor on truck. Has to order one. Metro calls to make next appointment for...

AUGUST 16... it has now been over 5 WEEKS and I still have no washer.

I called Maytag and they were willing to send a new motor overnight to Metro Factory Service but when Maytag called Metro they refused saying that they could not install it until the 16 anyway. I then called Metro to ask for earlier service because it was their misdiagnoses that caused this and they said they would put me on "the list" that I am sure does not exist for warranty people. They also told me that the original tech is no longer with the company and the service man who put the new transmission in told me it was his last day of work for Metro Factory Service.

Now Maytag Dependability Plus has paid for a new transmission that was not necessary and proved by their actions that they have no control over the companies that they contract with. I will now wait until the 16th and hope for the best. I am not optimistic but hopefully this problem will finally be fixed and I will not ever have to speak to Maytag Dependability Plus or Metro Factory Service again. I would rather pay a reliable, honest service person to fix my appliances than ever use Maytag Dependability Plus again. Also as a paying customer I would NEVER consider using METRO FACTORY SERVICE!

In closing I have just one more statement… YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SERVICE!

• Al
    alicia furman Jun 25, 2008

I could write a short novel on all the problems i've had with metro factory service, so i won't bore you with the details. The end story is they are horrible, and best i could tell they steal $ from PC richards by coming to perform "service calls" which include a 30 second, "yep, it's broke, but i can't fix w/o parts" so they always have to reschedule 2-3 times until appliance gets fixed. even though you tell them when scheduling appt via pc richard, i need this part please have them come with it, etc; but they always claim they did not receive and they won't do anything that isn't on their pink piece of paper. To call and complain is a total waste of time and does nothing but cause you huge grief and anxiety.

not qualified service

I have a Maytag washer and the warranty service sent out A&E. He was not qualified and couldn't even see which fuse in the box needed flipping -- I also had to come to the basement 2 times to reset the red/black button on the outlet as he couldn't figure it out. When I called Maytag Dependability Plus they had no record of sending out A&E. Needless to say I still need my washer fixed.

John Brooks Aug 08, 2007

Can't agree with you more. A&E Sucks. Unqualified "technicians" I can do better myself.

John Davenport Aug 12, 2007

My saga with Maytag has lasted for about a month now. When I first called Maytag, they made me wait a week to get a repair person to the house. Then the folks from A&E showed up. A&E stated that I need a part and since, they do since they do not carry parts for Maytag... they would have to order it. The part took three weeks to arrive.

After waiting three weeks, A&E returned only to tell me that "I needed more parts". Apparently the first technician didn't even know how to diagnose the problem. The problem was with the compressor. Now, I am no expert when it comes to refrigerator repair. But the idiots at A&E don't even know how to check the most fundamental part on a refrigerator. So, now I am waiting another two weeks for a compressor. The Maytag dependability plus program is a total sham. You may as well, keep your money and find a repair shop that actually knows what they are doing.

poor quality!

I recently (2 years) replaced my Maytag washer after 22 years of usage. I bought a new Maytag washer at Home Depot. All of a sudden it started making a loud knocking noise. After calling the repair man and he not even needing to look under it practically told me the transmission was out. Several other parts will have to be replaced also in the tune of over $200.00. I also found out that it really isn't even a Maytag washer, just bears the name. I believe it was a Amana which Maytag just bought out and has since been bought by Whirlpool. Wow, we all might need to check to see what product we are really buying these days.

very poor product quality!

Came home to a flashing panel and flapping ice door! Also no cooling in refrigerator. Refrigerator only 13 months old ! Called Maytag, 8 days until repairman can be sent, " Sounds like the main control board." Great ! No refrigerator! And a very annoying flapping everytime the compressor comes on ! Freezer still works!

Found ANSWER and SOLUTION online at:

Two capacitors on the main board located in the BACK of the refrigerator are defective. I went to Radio shack, bought two new ones, soldered them in, and am back in business. KNOWN issue with maytag, defective capacitors on boards manufactured before june 06... new capacitors are 3 bucks, a new main board is $185 online !

not honoring class action settlement!

Please do not buy a Neptune or any other Maytag branded appliance. My frontloader machine was part of the class action settlement back in 2004 and we never received notice of it and therefore could not receive compensation. The Neptune settlement hotline: [protected] was not helpful and claim that I probably received the form in the mail and did not know what it is. So, not only did I not receive the form, they insult my intelligence by saying I received it and did not know what it was.

All they need to do was replace a rubber seal to get rid of the mildew problem and yet they can't do that at their expense. Needless to say, I am never buying a Maytag again and urge everyone else to do the same. Let's rise up against these terrible corporations!

• Vk
    V.Kirkpatrick Jul 22, 2013

In 2007 bought maytag centennial and the panel board quit performing. I had to manually move it to the next position. My husband repaired and it worked for a little longer. Finally got rid of it in 2010. I did not give up on Maytag product I guess I am a fool for name brand product. We purchased Bravo series Maytag washer in 2010 and it was a peice of junk. I immediately started complaining about sound it made. My husband told me that is the way it sounds. It continued to get louder and louder until he finally gave it up and took the whole thing apart. The bearing in the tub area had gone out but you could not buy bearing had to buy the whole tub $300.00 added to the original cost of $880.00 dollars made me sick. It now has gone out again!!! I did not mention the horrible smell it continued to have on a regular basis. This is a real problem for consumers and very costly. I just purchased another washing machine yesterday GE brand but I have read all over internet problems with every brand of washing machines on market in US. This is totally unacceptable to rip off the American consumers and needs to be addressed.

[Resolved] i'll never buy another maytag product!

I purchased a Performa washer and dryer in October of 2006. From the beginning, it clatters and dances acro...

poor repair service!

I called to make an appointment for washer repair service - explained that the washer was located in our rental property in another city and that my husband would have to be there to allow for entrance into the property. We were given a window for sat. Between 8a. M. And noon. I called the day before to confirm the appointment.

Husband left our home at 7a. M. And was at the residence located in san francisco. Since the tenants were going to be out of town - husband was sure to be there on time. To open the door.

By ll:30 a. M. There had been no contact from sears. Called the business office at ll:45 and was informed that our unit was the next on the list. L2:l5 p. M. Service man called to say he would be going to lunch and would then take our unit next. I informed him that this would not be acceptable. He stated he had been overbooked for the morning but said he would head for the unit in about l0 minutes.

Having thoroughly explained our situation - I would have thought that with being such strong sears customers that some consideration would have been made. For someone to have to wait over four hours is inexcusable.

The repair man receives his list and am sure it consists of some kind of order and he is probably unaware of special arrangements which have had to be made. But if our repair was last on the list - then a phone call could have minimized the wait time by alerting us.

Let me assure you that this experience will not soon be forgotten and I hope you give some thought to customer service.

Sandra C Pratt Oct 03, 2007

I purchased a Maytag gas range in March of 2007. The front burners have never worked and the back burners burn so hot it has melted the back of the range where the clock is. The ovens burn so hot the oven racks are black. I have had a certified Maytag repairman in my home 3 times with no success. I have called R.C. Wiley in Orem, Utah where I purchase the range and they say I have to call Maytag. I have called Maytag at least a dozen times and get a different person everytime and I get promises that never come thru. Maytag has refused to replace the range because they say they have never gotten a work report from the repairman. R.C. Wiley will not replace the range, Maytag will not replace it or get it fixed. I paid $1,600 for this range it was suppose to be the top of the line. If this is the top of the line I would hate to see the bottom of the line. I thought Maytag would be reliable but I have been sorely disapointed with R.C. Wiley and Maytag.
    What am I suppose to do I am stuck with a range that does'nt work and no one will fix it.

[Resolved] poor quality product!

I purchased a Maytag ICE2O fridge March of 2006. Three months after one year warranty expired the icemaker...

buyer beware!

Have had no refrigerator since June 12, 2007. Have had the worse possible documented service from Maytag. They DO NOT CARE. Period. It is a sad day when a company as large as Maytag just does not care. I have been waiting for a part since the 12th, today is the 20th. I have called several times a day, I have been hung up on, yelled at, lied to and even spoke with a Senior Executive who basically told me he just doesn't care.

For $3000 save your money and go with a company that has reputable service. Don't just take my word for it, stay on the net and google Maytag ICE20... I found pages of complaints about this refrigerator and sent them to the Illinois Consumer Affairs Department...

• Ri
    Rita Jan 08, 2008

Maytag French Door Bottom Freezer, Model MFI 2568AEB purchased in June 2006 and immediately experienced problems with food freezing in bottom drawer and fruit drawer. Phoned for service while under warranty and repaired with no charge. A broken thermostat slider was the problem. Second problem occurred January 2008, damper door is opening and closing on it's own and dispenser lights are flashing when compressor turns on. Placed a call to Maytag and still awaiting response.

Encourage others to report problems to the Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov (especially if you have property damage and Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov (complaint form). The more people that file formal complaints, the more likely a product recall will occur.

• Li
    Lisa Wintrode Feb 17, 2008

Icemaker Issue! Nightmare flapper opening/closing every 3 seconds 24 hours a day! Beeping, Buzzing, making horrible sounds, all lights flashing! It won 't stop, finally had to unplug it! I went to place where purchased, service was closed on weekend, salesman said he never heard of such a thing! Obviously many, many others have! Sounds like Maytag has produced a lemon! I spent a fortune on this refrigerator, recently went out of warranty 2 months ago, didn't purchase Extended Warranty, because it was supposed to be the best of the best!

Any class action suits??? I'm so disappointed with Maytag. 2 weeks out of warranty, our Maytag stove fried, melted entire back & it wasn't covered! So much for Maytag & Serviceman never needing service!! I feel this is false advertising.

poor after sale service!

Currently all of my appliances are Maytag covered by the Maytag Dependability Plus extended service plan. I called Maytag for two issues with my dishwasher ; a recall of the inner door liner and a noisy drain pump. Before the technician arrived my dishwasher worked, but was a bit noisy. After four visits by a technician from Metro factory Service set up by Maytag Dependability plus, a new entire motor was installed as well as the recall performed twice. As of this point my dishwasher no longer works. Each visit by the technician was late (after 5:00 PM, hours beyond the time I was told he would arrive. I did call Maytag dependability plus on this situation and was referred to an Escalation Team Supervisor who did leave me a phone mail. Over a period of a week, I palced six separate calls to the assigned Escalation Team member pleading for a return call. As of today, I have received no return call. In desperation, I did call Metro Factory Service to find out a second new motor was ordered. Unfortunately, each unsuccessful technician visit means that I must another week or so before the next service call is scheduled. To date I have lost 4 days of work waiting for the technician who ultimately shows up after 5:00 and have a dishwasher that does not work. the last technician who showed up seemed commented that the incompetent technician who worked on my dishwasher the first three times and incapacitated it has only 4 months experience and has a track record of botching repairs. At this point, I am completely frustrated by the lack of customer service on the part of Maytag dependability plus and well as Metro Factory Repair Service who just don't deem to care. As a result of this mess, I will never buy another Maytag product or renew the extended service plans on my existing appliances. I will certainly never use Metro Factory service for any repair.

• Co
    connie perez Aug 13, 2008

I HAVE A MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR AND I PURCHASED THE MAINTANCE AGREEMENT FOR IT I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT I HAVE CALLED FOR THE SERIVCE AND THEY DO COME AND WORK ON IT BUT THE SAME THING KEEPS BREAKING DOWN ON IT THE LAST TIME THE REFRIGERATOR HAD A SHORT CIRCUIT ON THE DESPENCER AND CAUGHT ON FIRE AND MELTED ALL THE WIRING I DID CALL LAST MONTH AND I CALLED IT IN AGAIN FOR THE DESPENSER AND IT HAD SHORTED AGAIN . I KNOW THE LEMON LAW AND I CALLED IT IN TODAY AND ASKED THEM TO REPLACE THE UNIT BECAUSE I HAVE 5 KIDS THAT LIVE WITH ME AND I AM AFRAID THAT THEY WILL BE CAUGHT BY THEM SELFS WHEN I GO TO WORK . I SPOKE TO LORE WHO PUT ME THROGH TO ALAN HER SUPERVISOR AND THEY TOLD ME BECAUSE I BOUGHT A NEW CONTRACT THAT I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN BEFORE THEY COULD CALL THE UNIT A LEMON. BUT MY RECORD SHOWS THAT HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM 5 OR 6 TIMES AREADY . I INFORMED HIM THAT WHEN I CALLED ON JULY FOR SAME PROBLEM THE ASSOCIATE THAT HELP ME THEN TOLD ME IT HAD TO BE REPAIRED FOR THE SAME THING 4 TIMES AND THE CALL THAT DAY WAS THE 4 TIME .AND NOW IT IS DOING THE SAME THING WITH THE DESPENSER I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS SITUTATION THE ASSOCIATE THAT I TAKED TO ON JULY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED ME ABOUT THAT RULE THAT WHEN WHICH I FEEL THAT THEY ARE NOT CONCERNED OR CARE ABOUT MY CHILDREN AND MY HOME IF IT CATCHES FIRE I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE .

• Si
    Sickofppl Aug 30, 2009

Caps lock is cruise control to your a ###.

add me to the club!

Add me to the club. My refrigerator is 14 months old and is on the brink of leaving me. Upon delivery a shelf bracket was broken. I had to drive to hhgregg to get one from a floor model, they did give me gas money and refund my delivery cost. Two months later the right door and an alignment problem, had to have a repairman to fix that. Now 14 months later no ice no water and no working top part of the refrigerator but the freezer still works. The flap that lets the ice out also has a mind of its own and very annoying. I had to shove a wash rag in the hole to keep it quiet. I do have a five year warranty and a repairman should be here June 7. For now we will try to feed a family of five from coolers and many icebags.

Model #MFI2568AEW Bought for $2,300

unfixable expensive junk

I purchased a Maytag Performa (Non-Performa) Washing Machine about a year and a half ago. It is the worst purchase ever. It is a piece of junk. Do not buy a Maytag product, they don't work and will continue to break and cost a fortune fixing them. I have heard that Whirlpool bought out Maytag and am now wondering if the Whirlpool brand will also be unfixable expensive junk.

• Pk
    pk young Jun 04, 2014

Kenmore HE2 front loader machine, bought my dream set in blue 6 years ago. Washer died after 6 years and we are seniors with small loads always. Repairman charged us close to 150 dollars to tell us it was not cost effective to fixThe tripod broke..both drums would have to be replaced..would cost more than both washer and dryer originally cost to replace.He called it a premature failure...ya think? Blue is no longer available! We went back to a white top loader and want to warn anyone else to NOT purchase these machines! It always sounded like a jet was taking off in your laundry room.

avoid a whole lot of headache!

Over a year ago, my partner and I purchased a new compact washer and dryer set from Whirlpool on the recommendation of our local dealer. Though there are a few quirky features (to the washer in particular), we were generally pleased with our purchase. For an additional $99.00 we invested in a “Maytag Dependability Plus” Certificate which boasts that it is “. . . a valuable tool in helping you avoid unexpected repair expenses . . .” It is valid for 5 years from the date of purchase.

A little over a year passed since the date of purchase and the problems started. The washer was not spinning during its cycle, leaving the clothes soaking wet and soapy. The door would not open after the cycle was “done”, holding our clothes hostage until they began to mildew. It was time to use our “Maytag Dependability Plus”.

Upon my first call to Maytag, I discovered that we were mistakenly documented as having (2) dryers instead of (1) washer and (1) dryer. Even though the model #s and serial #s corresponded to (1) washer and (1) dryer, we were subjected to a 3 week wait before the wording on the certificate was changed so that service could be scheduled. Four weeks after my initial call, a technician came out to examine the machine. He poked around a bit and determined that some parts needed to be ordered to fix the problem. One week passed, the parts arrived, and I scheduled the next service visit. The technician returned and decided that these parts were not the ones in question and that a new set of parts needed to be ordered to fix the problem. We patiently waited ten more days for the new parts to arrive. I scheduled the third visit. The technician returned and again determined that he did not have sufficient parts - he placed a third order for parts. Throughout this process, we did not see any advances toward the function or “dependability” of our washer.

I put in several calls to Maytag during this odyssey outlining the problems with the service. I got the run around each time and was told that I did not qualify for a replacement washer. The certificate states that after (4) visits to repair the same part, they will replace the unit with a new one (the Lemon Law). That’s where they have you - the technician has ordered one part after another, never the same part twice. Under this policy, we will surely endure the next five years without a washer before the same part is ordered four times.

Two months without laundry and at least three days taken away from work far outweighs the $99.00 spent on our “Maytag Dependability Plus” coverage. Had we foreseen the money and time lost to horrible service, we certainly would have spent the extra money up front to procure much nicer, more dependable, Bosch or LG units and we would have avoided a whole lot of headache.

dont buy maytag or their extended warranty

My complaint is against Maytag and Maytag Dependability Plus (the extended warranty). I bought a Maytag washer in November 2003, I then bought the extended warranty thru Maytag Dependability Plus in November 2004. In February 2005 I had to call for service because my machine was making a horrible screeching sound and water was leaking out of the front of the machine. The maytag repairman came out to fix the problem. Then in November of the same year I had to call again for the same problem, well it turned out to be an ongoing problem. I would call when it screeches, they would come out and lubricate it, that lubrication would last about a month or two then I would have to call them again, well this happened over and over again. I have called them for this problem about 6 times. The last time they had a technician from a local appliance repair shop (I guess all the lonely Maytag repairmen were busy) Well he knew exactly what the problem was immediately and said he would have to order parts. Maytag Dependability Plus called me back a few days later to let me know that I have reached my service limit, meaning that the service calls have now exceeded the amount I paid for the washer and they would not provide any more service to me unless I paid for it. Well this floored me because I thought that was the reason I bought the extended warranty in the first place so if something does go wrong with the washer I would be covered. NO, thats not right. So, I said OK then obviously I must have bought a "lemon" and we can go about it that way. NO, in order for it to be a "lemon" they must have repaired the same problem three times. I argued that they have been here at least 6 times for the same problem and their argument was they haven't "repaired" it three times, they only lubricated it. So now my washer has completely seized up, my floors are flooded and I had to go out and buy a new washer as this argument has been going on for over two months now, and all over a washer that lasted 3 years!

Maytag and Maytag Dependability Plus does not care about their customers at all.

• Wi
    Willene Jodan Sep 12, 2007

I bought a dependable Maytag washer 3 1/2 years ago. My extended warranty was also with Maytag Dependability Plus. After a year they had to install a new transmission and two weeks ago after a flood in my laundry room they informed me it would be too expensive to repair and they are "buying me out" for $142.00 (wow). The only recourse I have is to go to court and that ofcourse is too expensive. They know know that no one will take them to court so that is how they get away with doing what they wish. So after 3 1/2 years I too have to purchase a new washer. So much for the dependable Maytag. I want to scream everytime I see the Maytag repairman comercial on TV. No wonder he is bored, he doesn't have to repair broken Maytags.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices