Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Maytagmy maytag washing machine empties the water too fast for my 2& drain to handle

I have had a plumber out twice and the Maytag service man once. They both said that all newer washing machines have bigger water pumps and empty the water too fast for most 2" drains to handle and that I would have to clean my drain very often or replace it with a 3" drain.

If I would have known this I would never bought a new Maytag.

I would advise anyone who is thinking about a new washing machine to keep his old machine as long as possible or be prepared to pay a plumber very often.

Maytag Extended Warranty — do not buy extended warranty

Under no circumstances buy the Maytag Extended Warranty. We live in NJ and the only repair service they have...

Maytag Quiet 300 Serieswon't run any longer

The dishwasher is not even 2 years old and lately has been hit or miss if the buttons will work to do the wash cycle. So, now it has completely gone to crap and it is only 2 years old. How in the world do companies sell products that last no more than a couple of years. I paid my hard earned money for a dishwasher to wash a load of dishes each day with our busy household and now left with crap. I am unsure what company to go with next for another new dishwasher when I can afford it as GE is the worst company for customer satisfaction as my previous dishwasher and dryer both died right outside of warrant and they would send me only a voucher for $50.00 for another one of their products...never again will I buy anything from them. Help...so frustrated!!!

• Lu
        Luv2FlyHigh Feb 08, 2011

I totally understand that we are being ripped off by inferior products that we are paying high dollars for. Once I reached an older age and had a higher income than having to buy at garage sales or St. Vincents I bought what I thought was high quality build to last me till I died products. My thirteen month old Maytage side by side refridgerator that I paid over $1, 500.00 for had the compressor go out just one month out of factory warranty. $800.00 to repair!! Are you kidding me????

I also have had problems with new and improved dishwashers, washing machines and dryers. I am so sick of crap being made that I have vouched to going back & buying cheap old appliances for $75.-$100.00 instead of thousands that just break down. God Bless the consumer, warning...manufactures make junk!

Maytag Bravos Automatic Washer — constant repairs needed

A replacement for my 2007 Maytag Bravos Automatic Washer is appreciated; due to the fact that since I...

Maytagdoor gasket weak magnet

I have a model MFD2561HEW Maytag refrigerater, which when I close the left door the right door becomes ajar and if your not watching for it the door will stay cracked open letting out the cold air. Seems to me that the gasket magnet is not strong enough to keep the door closed. I called Maytag Dependability Plus in Jeffersonville IN. prior to scheduling any service and they tell me that the gasket is not covered under my contract. So basically I Paid $186.53 for a worthless warranty, if the equipment is defective due to poor design then I should be covered, but not in there eyes. They want to schedule a repair service which I may be responsible for, forget that. I'd buy a gasket and install it myself before paying some ripoff fee for showing up to tell me I'm not covered. Next stop Better Business Bureau.

Maytag Sav5401awwleaking tub

Puchased the washing maching back in 2004 and had to have the inner tub repaired in 2007 at a cost of $200.00. When this problem occurred again contacted Maytag to complain they offered me 15% off another washing machine. I told them that the machine was still good and wanted to get compenstation for the tub. They offered to pay 50% off the parts excluding labor. After a little research found out it was going to cost over $200.00 for repair and not sure what the parts were going to be. I contacted Maytag and they basically said that was all they could do for compenstation. I have always been loyal and bought Maytag products for my home and rentals, but have noticed their products are becoming more inferior. I will never again buy another Maytag product. My friend had a similiar experience and the repairman told here to just get rid of the washing machine they are not worth fixing and said it was a piece of junk. I cannot believe a company that prides itself on not having any repair problems are now turning out low quality products. I noticed plenty of complaints of similiar nature on the web about Maytags washing machine leaking tubs. These tubs are just hard plastic and over time deteriorate I cannot believe they sell junk like this and expect the consumer to continue to buy their products. MY ADVICE: DO NOT BUY MAYTAG

Maytag - 3000 Series Washerbanging washer drum - maytag cannot tell me how to fix it, but have spent

Purchased a new 3000 Series Maytag Front-Load Washing Machine, and after less that 1 yr of use a loud banging noise began when the internal drum would spin. It would only get worse as the drum speed increased.

After talking to the Maytag Service Line, I was treated rudely as if it was my fault. A technician was sent to my home and after the first visit I spent $500+ for parts and labor to get the suggested repair - it did not work. They have now come a second time and spent another $75 for them to tell me it was now another problem which was $90 to make that repair.

Guess what ... it is still not working. The technician told me now that in fact it was another problem, that was not initially caught AND that the first two repairs may have been unnecessary. I have spent more on repairs than the original cost of the machine and Maytag specialist continue to guess at what could be wrong.

Maytag --- stand by your product and replace my machine. I thought these were built to last, what ever happened to the quality promise of the product. I use to believe in the brand, this is very disheartening.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Jun 05, 2012

Hello B.R. BUCK. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (Compliantsboard), your user ID name (B.R. BUCK), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Maytag.[protected]@maytag.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Su
              supreme_2 Dec 31, 2010

I too have the same machine and mine went out 5 days before it made a year old. The whole insides had to be replaced because the bearing went out. I am going on it being 2 years old and have the same problem again. I did take the extended warranty. I am pretty sure it is the same issue again. I can see the basket jumping all over and it makes so much noise when it spins. This will be my last maytag. I have been through 3 sets in 10 years!

• Su
              supreme_2 Dec 31, 2010

The machine itself does not move. There is obvious slack in the bearing that gets the machine to spin and it causes the basket to bounce all over . There is atleast 1 inch of up and down movement while spinning. I have to schedule with the repair people but I am 99% sure it is the bearing. It went out about 1 year ago. What is crazy is the bearing cost more than a new machine because you have to change the whole assembly ( basket included). The first time it was warrantied and I was advised by my repairman to take the extended warranty, so I did.

• Wa
              wazo Aug 27, 2011

i am having the same bearing problem. mine is seized, its causing the belt to start to come apart. ive checked for any obstructions, none found. its all bearing failure. i am getting a F25 fault because the motor is spinning & the drum is not. this thing is not even 2 years old!!! thought this thing was suppose to be the latest & greatest. GUESS NOT!!!

• Br
              B.R. BUCK May 28, 2012

My 3000 washer started banging at about 1 year old now it does'nt work at all, ( nice piece a ### maytag), guess i'll just shot holes in it, one of you maytag guys want to stand in front of it . BECAUSE YOU SURE DO'NT STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCE.

Maytag Bravo Washer-new — new maytag bravo washer-defective

11/22/10 Appliance smart I have always wanted a maytag washer and had heard what a great product they were...

Maytag Front Load Washer — part on backorder for 2 months

I purchased a brand new Maytag front loader washer in July 2010. In October the machine broke and the part...

Ajax

Maytagbuilds product designed to fail

I purchased two Maytag electric ovens model MEW5530DDW a little over five years ago. They are not used daily and are used together only on holidays. Within days of each other both control panels failed. They cannot be repaired and cost $350 each to replace. Clearly this product is built to fail so that Maytag can sell replacement parts. It is outrageous that there is no way to repair the control panel and that they are so expensive to replace. I will never buy another Maytag oven nor one with touch pad controls. Interestingly, the only ovens with easy to repair knobs are European models.

Maytagjunk service

Maytag washers and dryers will burn you house down. Wiring harness will catch fire. Mine almost did. Thank God I caught it in time!!!Maytag will do nothing because the washer is two years old. I have had Maytags for 20 years without a problem. Mine was a bucket of rust after two years. Please stay away from maytag. Model MTW5740TQ Lowes stores know about the problem and will do nothing and continue to sell them!!!

Maytag service does not exist. They will try everything not to help you with your problem. The company is a joke!!! What has happen to American pride in workmanship. Time for a class action. Whirlpool bought the company and is riding on the good name of Maytag-it's just a matter of time when people will get smart and stop buying their products. The internet is full of complaints about MAYTAG JUNK.

Maytagpoor quality-doesn't last

I built my house 5 1/2 years ago and had all new appliances installed. Paid to upgrade the standard refrigerator for the French Door model with the freezer on the bottom. We had issues right off the bat with the water dispenser and the ice machine. Water is fixed but gave up trying to get the ice machine to work. Today, six months after the warranty expired the compressor went out overnight on the unit and all of the food was lost. After calling Maytag and hearing there was Nothing they could do we called a "NOT SO LONELY MAYTAG REPAIRMAN" to find out that to repair it was going to cost between $750 and $1000 and that the new compressor would only be guaranteed for 30 days. Instead I wound up going out and for $1500 for an LG french door Refrigerator which has a 10 year compressor warranty.

Anyone looking at Maytag - BEWARE!!!

Maytag Washersbad service

Purchased a Maytag washer Model # MTW562OTQ1 two years ago. We started noticing our clothes had rust marks on them. Looked at the inside drum with a flashlight and noticed the center of the whole drum is rusting out. Called customer Service line and they offered us a discount on the part only not labor or a replacement. DO NOT BUY a Whirlpool or Maytag washer. They do not stand by their products. We paid for a top of the line product and it needs to be replaced in two years. I also mentioned I had a serious safety concern about the start/stop knob feature. Don't they have to report that somewhere? I was asked no additional questions about the SAFETY concern. There's rubber on the start/stop button and when you place the lid against it while filling the tub up the lid automatically slams down. The lid slams down like a gilatene and could really seriously hurt someone. Obviously, customer service didn't care too much when we called when the washer was first purchased and when we mentioned it again tonight.

Town & Country Appliance/ Maytag Repair Service — unreilable preferred service provider for maytag

I have had problems with Maytag and getting a preferred service provider to come out to service a Microwave I...

Maytag Washer — terrible customer service

I had a repair appointment with Sears Home Services today from 1 to 5pm. I missed the technicians call saying...

Tennille

Maytag Dishwasher Mdb6701dishes come out dirty

Do not buy this piece of junk!

I owned this dishwasher for the past 18 month, and it has never worked well.

We replaced our 15-year-old no name dishwasher with this model, because the racks (On the old one) were rusty, and it didn't clean properly anymore.

I did loads of research and finally decided on this maytag model, at a price of $ 700.- (And tax). It seemed like a great dishwasher, with extra spray arm, time delay, great program selection...

But you don't always get what you pay for.
                    It never had proper cleaning power, when it was fully - and correctly - loaded. We tried every dishwasher detergent available, but it made no difference.
                    Now we only run it 3/4 full, and add an extra squirt of bleach, and the results are somewhat better.

About 3 month ago, it started making a grinding noise, when it was running. My husband (Handy with tools and appliances) disassembled the bottom spray arm, and found pieces of plastic had broken off from the dishwasher and were now causing the noise. We removed the plastic pieces, it quieted the diswasher, but did not improve performance.

There was a recall on the dispenser, which has been taken care of. And I don't have an issue with recalls, they do happen unfortunately.
                    I have an issue with putting your name to a piece of junk and deceiving customers.

I will never buy another maytag again.

Maytag Corporationbad service

Purchased Maytag dishwasher model MDB7601AWQ 1/04/06. The $300 control sensor panel was replaced under warranty 5/3/07. The second sensor board failed 12/01/08. This time after lengthy negotiation Maytag agreed to cover the $300 cost of the board and only part of the cost of service. The third sensor board failed 8/04/10.

This time Maytag would not cover any of the $159 service charge. Furthermore Maytag consistently denies that the sensor board is a defective product. Three failures of the same board in 5 years is Maytag's standard. They have refused to provide information as to the reliability of the board claiming that this is proprietary information. The authorized Maytag repair representative sited other customers who have replaced as many as four boards for this dishwasher. He further indicated that he thought the persistent problem may be due to a design defect which allows water seepage.

Six months after I bought this machine Maytag changed the warranty period on the touchpad control sensor from 5 years to 1 year.

Maytag Corporationdishawsher breaks down and no parts available

We purchased a Maytag built-in dishwasher model WU 1000 series 02.

After starting it the first time, I noticed the noisy operation coming from its bottom located drain pump. I called the Maytag Factory Service Department "under warranty" and they came in and pronounced the operation and the noise as "normal". Throughout its life the machine was very lightly used. I am a LEED Accredited Professional and am committed to minimizing water waste and detergent waste, among others. Naturally we used it when we had meetings and gatherings at home and we had to learn to accept the racket it was making as "normal". Finally, last week it did not drain anymore. The "drain Only" cycle produced just a grinding sound, followed by a pop. I was also quite concerned with the numerous reports I found on the WWW of Maytag Dishwashers catching on fire. These were all reports that inundated the web AFTER I had purchased this brand and mentioned electric heater failures coming in contact with water inside these Maytag dishwashers - a very unfavourable outcome that prompted Maytag to issue numerous recalls. Consequently, we decided to call in the Maytag Factory Service the second time. This time, we were told that it "always" had a "bad" pump assembly and that, since it was a "bad design", Maytag decided to discontinue it. Factory Service looked at it only after I gave them the Visa and the PIN and put through a $ 150 service charge. "You need a new Maytag dishwasher", I was told.

Summary: Consumer waste of time and money for useless service call...$150. Environmental fee and ground surface pollution with 150 lbs of metals, plastics and rubber at the purchase time of a new dishwasher...about $ 85. Letting my fellow consumers know what can likely happen upon the purchase of a Maytag dishwasher. PRICELESS!!

• Lu
                            Lumpy Dec 13, 2006

When we built our home in the Fall of 2017, we purchased an entire house full of new appliances from our local Maytag Direct.

By full house I mean, water heater, washing machine, dryer, deep freeze, refrigerator, sink disposal, dishwasher, and stove.

Out of the 8 products we bought we have now had problems with 6. They had to do repairs on the dryer before we moved in, in December 2017, because upon installation it won't work. They had to repair the seal on the deep freeze, also upon installation and before we moved into the new house. The sink disposal (not grinding) and oven hood had problems in April of 2017. They did the first repair of our refrigerator in May 2017 after we had a full refrigerator of food spoil because it lost it's freon, and finally had to replace the refrigerator in July 2017, when it lost freon again. We were home and able to save the food this time. We also had the water heater igniter go out, in August 2017.

Now in 2017, the igniter has gone out on our stove and even after a HUGE purchase of appliances, and repair of 6 of the 8 of them. Their response to crappy product were that we didn't purchase the "extended warranty" they were trying to foist on us, so too bad.

When trying to speak with their customer service I was told, supervisors don't talk to people and neither does anyone else.

Buyer of ANYTHING Maytag, be very worry. I was of the opinion that Maytag appliance were meant to last decades, only to find that two years is just too much to expect.

Maytag Dishwasherfailed with parts discontinued

We purchased a Maytag built-in dishwasher model WU 1000 series 02.

Maytag Dishwasherexhorbitant cost of door spring link

Re: Maytag dishwasher model #DWU9906BAE. My door springs just popped off and now the door falls to the floor. I figured out how to fix it (it's a newer model) and was able to find the springs that had dropped to the floor. They are in perfect condition. The problem is the little plastic "links", which attach the springs to the hinges. They both broke and Maytag charges $4.75 per 1" "piece of plastic + $6.99 shipping. When I said that was robbery they gave me the number of a dealer close by. I called for the part and they charge $6.99/piece. What a scam! I'm going to try to make my own link!