Having problems with Maytag?

Maytag Customer Service Contacts

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Maytag Customer Service. Initial Maytag complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Maytag above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Maytag. Discuss the issues you have had with Maytag and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Maytag Complaints & Reviews

Refrigerator Maytagextended warranty

I purchased an extended warranty from Future Shop for my refrigerator to protect myself.
My refrigerator broke down 5 weeks ago, and it is still not repaired!!! I called them after I made contact with the first service provider and told them I was getting no where with these people and could they intervene on my behalf...they just kept reading the warranty to me which states they have 60 days to fix my refrigerator...really try and live without a referigerator for 2 days and tell me how that works! Maytag did call me and apologized about the horrible service I received from the first service providers and called someone else in...but I lost a week because the idiots at customer service at Future Shop refused to listen to me.
Really 5 weeks later and I still don't have a referigerator. If I didn't have the warranty, yes I would have lost maybe $300.00 (let's say new refrigerator cost me $800, minus $200 I paid for warranty $600.00, and let's say I have spent an average of $20 a day to buy fast foods etc. for the past 5 weeks =$700.00)...hmmm I think I would have saved myself $100 and a lot of headaches!!! And most importantly I would have a refrigerator today!!!
I WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER BUY ANYTHING AGAIN FROM FUTURE SHOP AND I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME...

Anne

Maytagflashing and clicking panel

I, too, have had major problems with this Maytag refrigerator! We have experienced everything from a malfunctioning ice maker, flashing control panel, overloaded compressor, erratic freezer (freezes much of the fridge contents), and doors not staying closed/inadvertently popping open. We have owned this fridge since 2007 and have repaired the ice maker and the freezing problems on our own dime. When the clicking sound woke the entire house up at 5 am, I finally decided to post! I realize that appliances are not perfect, and that Maytag had the best of intentions when designing and producing this product, but what really infuriates me is that Maytag has known about this wide-spread inherent problem since late 2006! Why no recall? Why no notice? Why no assistance? When I called the customer service line this morning, the representative acted like she'd never even heard of this fridge having problems-- yeah, right...all you have to do is Google the model number or just "Maytag fridge panel flashing and clicking problem" to discover thousands of similar complaints. I do not fault Maytag for manufacturing a "less than perfect" appliance, but I do hold them accountable for adequately repairing/replacing such a rampant and unsafe (compressor overload) product! Maybe, like the woman from Massachusetts suggested, it is time for a class action. Something needs to be done to protect the consumer from a company that is so slow to correct a long-standing and potentially dangerous problem!

Maytag Bravos Washerbad customer service/ not willing to help

Had washer only for 3 years and got a error message for f1 which in the catalog said call for service called maytag who reported appliance doctor to be their authorized repair place.the gentleman without even takiong a part of said that he had several calls about it and it was in the control board & that I should call maytag [protected] and the lady that anwsers the phone tells me about a $ 315 repair plus program that i thought was high already seeing i just spent 100 for there service provider to come out and know she's telling me i am not eligble because i called them...what!!! where do you think I GOT THE NUMBER!!! Then I ask for the manager then she puts on a supervisor who proceeds to be condesending to me like she just spent her 700 plus dollars for a machine that stopped working ...when I could not take the disrespect anymore i asked for corprate number or email she refused to give me anything saying the buck stopped with her and when i asked does she have a boss her response was everybody does!!! unbelievable. I will take my hard earned money a buy a new washer BUT IT WILL NEVER BE MAYTAG AGAIN..., ...i wIll get some correspondence to corporate and voice my complaint about how I was treated..

Maytagcentennial washer

After owning only maytag washers for over 25 years, i insisted on another maytag when we shopped for a new washer in april 2011. Big mistake!! We purchased a maytag centennial washer at that time and it's been a terrible washer! A number of clothes have come out of it with what looks like grease spots that weren't there when they went in the wash. Even after repeat washings, the spots stay. We had a repairman come out while it was still in warranty (1 year) for that & other problems & he replaced the nuts on the shaft due to extreme vibration and metallic noise (Metal on metal rubbing). He basically had to glue them using lock tite because he said that otherwise it ends up happening over and over. Regarding the spots, he said that they, might be from detergent not rinsing out properly and leaving spots. He recommended using the bulky cycle to get more water in the tub, which we have done for months now. Still the spots appear. I am afraid of ruining more clothes every time i wash them. All of the faith i had in the maytag brand for more than two decades has been totally destroyed in 1 year with the centennial washer. They used to be the best. No more!!! I cannot wait to replace this thing so that i don't have to be afraid to wash my clothes anymore. Maytag really should recall all of these washers and refund the purchase price as a demonstration of goodwill at which time we might consider replacing it with another maytag.

• Do
            Dorothy Howard Feb 26, 2014

I have one also and I hate it. I am having about the same trouble. Liquid laundry detergent is left on my clothes whether I put in a small load or a medium size load. I know how you feel. Thanks for taking the time to let others know about this terrible washer.

Maytagseries 3000 washer

My series 3000 washer is a bit over 2 yrs old ( March 2010) and it died Sunday. The control panel won't light up so I assume its one of the 2 control boards. When I bought the machine, at Lowe's, I had some sort of coupon for free delivery so I purchased the extended warranty with that money 'saved' (the first time in my life!) But I had heard some scarey stories about these front loaders so now I guess the extended warranty was a good idea and in my warped logic it didn't cost me anything because I had the delivery coupon. The machine I have is used for maybe 5-6 loads per week at most ( two people)

Anyway, I had some 'great' conversations with Lowes' manager: he told me the service contract was not theirs, but a third party so Lowe's had no control over the third party policies. When I told him I paid LOWES the money for the contract he really could not explain how it was not their issue but it wasn't. I wanted him to assure me the repair guys would have the possible bad/replacement parts when they showed up to prevent a come back call. He said he had no control over that.

The control module/processor on these things can't cost more than a few bucks to manufacture. Obviously there is design cost etc, but I would imagine the actual cost to manufacture one is likely less than $10. A good on line cost is $250. I would assume Maytag/Whirlpool is making some good money on the replacement of these items and lots of extended warranty firms are cleaning up doing the replacement. I believe the retail (that you would be charged) is anywhere from $350 to 300 for the main processor and then the $100-150 service call fee.

So, after arranging with the service company for a visit (3 day wait) they pretty much assured me they won't be fixing the machine when they show up because they are not allowed to bring parts even though it seems like a choice of only 2 or 3 things that could be bad. The phone person said she had no idea how long the replacement parts would take once they are ordered.

The Lowe's manager did say I could have a loaner machine while mine was broken so I guess that will be interesting to see how that works out. I do laugh though because if they just fixed the damn machine it would save money and lots of aggravation for every one.

I guess the moral of the story is Maytag is not too reliable, they don't seem to want to admit they made a lemon, Lowe's is just like everyone else in backing away from problems and providing real first rate customer service. I really do wish that every customer would demand great service from all suppliers. In general we are too lenient with the companies who act like they are doing us a favor when we are PAYING THEM to perform a service

When I tried to post a comment on the Lowe's web site, it was rejected. I guess they don't like negative comments. One possible excuse I was given was that I posted the comment on different model : a 301 vs the now not sold 300

I think I will write a letter to my state's Atty General. Martha Coakley's organization seems to enjoy sticking it to businesses.

Lowes / Maytag Dryerservice charge

Purchased a dryer from lowes. Dryer broke in 15 days, lowes farmed out the service call to an outside company who insisted on my credit card before they would come. I called back, and cancelled the service call, (Have the acknowledged cancellation on my phone) and they still showed up. After complaning to lowes, being shifted to one department to another they would do nothing to help me. Sent a certified letter return receipt requesterd to the ceo of lowes. No one even bothered to answer my letter.

Lowes / Maytag Dryercharge for cancelle service call

Purchased a dryer that broke in 15 days. Lowes farmed out the repair service who insisted on my credit card number. I called back cancelled the serviice call, (Have the acknowledgment of this cancellation on my phone) the repair man still showed up. After weeks of phone calls, and being shifted from one department to another lowes would do nothing about this. Sent a certified letter to the ceo of lowes return receipt requested and no one even replied.

• Wp
                  Wp2008 Aug 01, 2012

Hello Candy . My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your APPLIANCE. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintBoard), your user ID name (CANDY SOLOWITZ), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

Maytag Centennial Washerworthless product

I purchased the maytag centennial washer over a year ago and it has been nothing but a worthless piece of junk! The wash is not clean, it only wets the laundry. It does not remove any mild stains. You must hand wash a mild stain first and then use this
                "maytag" only to rinse what you just had to hand wash! This maytag washer is no good and i must now purchase another washing machine and take a financial loss with this maytag trash! What happened when companies took pride in their products?

• Updated by Wp2008 · Jul 25, 2012

Hello Lillie. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize that you are unhappy with the design of your washer. We manufacture our appliances to If you have other concerns we can address, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintBoard), your user ID name (Lillie), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie

Maytag Centennial Washer — warranty issue

I bought a Maytag washer (centennial) because of its reputation. I bought the washer on June 7th of 2011. On...

Maytagmaytag gas range is a lemon and they will not replace it

I purchased a Maytag gas range on April 29, 2011. The range has never worked from day 1. Maytag refuses to send me a replacement range. They insist that they will repair it, or, if a service technician deems it unrepairable, they will replace it.

I have had numerous service calls. I have had parts replaced on the range 3 times. After 2 technicians told me personally that they felt that the range was unrepairable, Maytag still refuses to send a replacement range.

Maytag shipped me a lemon, and will not make good on their warranty. I have had the range for 5 months, and it still doesn't work. Do not buy a Maytag product!!!

• Updated by Wp2008 · Jun 05, 2012

Hello Simerde. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your range. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (Compliantsboard), your user ID name (Simerde), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, any service provider information, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

Maytag Washer — maytag washer

Maytag asked A & E Factory Services to re-open a job to have my washing machine fixed. A & E refused...

Maytag — customer service & shipping

We have purchased a few appliances from this company over the years including high end products from Kitchen...

MaytagI got a lemon and they refuse to make it right

I purchased a Maytag gas range 5 months ago. It has never worked properly. It won't stay hot after it preheats. I have had parts replaced on it 3 times, one part has been replaced multiple times, and Maytag still will not send me a new range. Two service technicians from A&E (the company Maytag sent out) have told me that the range is unrepairable, yet Maytag still refuses to replace it. Don't buy a Maytag product. I got a lemon and they refuse to make it right.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Mar 21, 2012

Hello Shumake. My name is Melanie, and I am a representative of Maytag. I apologize about your range concerns. If you would like to email us your name, user ID name, the website we contacted you on, your phone number, address, and model and serial number, we would be happy to review this further. Email the information to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Melanie.

• SearsCare Dec 14, 2011

Dear Belle,

I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you.
                        My name is Robert and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at [email protected] so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the (Maytag Gas Range) is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (belle) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.
                        A&E Solutions Team
                        A&E Cares

Maytag — faulty maytag bravos dryer

I purchased a new Maytag Bravos series washer/dryer set in February of 2011. About 3 wks ago, I noticed that...

Maytag CorpI am so disappointed in this company and I would never buy any of their products ever again

I purchased a Maytag washer and dryer 18 months ago. Yesterday the electronic components in the washer stopped working. I called a repair man and the cost of fixing an 18 month old washer will cost as much as a new washer! I then called Maytag Corp. They told me their warranty is for ONE YEAR ONLY. They offered to get me the replacement part for 1/2 off the cost, but I would have to pay for the repair! I thought Maytag was supposed to be a good company and that their products last. They do not stand behind their products. I am so disappointed in this company and I would never buy any of their products ever again.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Jun 14, 2012

Hi, Nicole Thomas & Chase Dexter. I am sorry that you are still having appliances concerns. I have reached out to both of you about these concerns. If you still need assistance. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintBoard), your user ID name (Nicole Thomas or Chase Dexter), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] In the case of Nicole, I need your mother's contact information, as it is her washer that needs assistance. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Jun 14, 2012

Hello BornintheUSA. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced. If you have an appliance concern you need us to look into, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintBoard), your user ID name(BornintheUSA), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Bo
                          BornintheUSA Jun 01, 2012

Here's a link to the downward spiral history of the Maytag Company and it's products. Maytag began the process of shifting appliance production to lower-cost assembly plants outside the United States, in 2004 and between 2002 and 2004, Maytag corporate management cut new-product investment by 50%. Once renowned as the standard for laundry appliances, by 2003 the company faced increasing competition from new appliance brands in the US market, as well as from existing appliance manufacturers who had outsourced production a decade earlier in order to reduce costs. On April 1, 2006, the Whirlpool completed its acquisition of Maytag Corporation. In May 2006, just another sad story of the effects of competition and poor U.S. corporate management. In a nutshell, a Maytag is a Whirlpool, so forget the quality reputation aquired during the years of the "Lonely Maytag Repairman" commercials.

Chase Dexter Apr 16, 2012

Much like you, we thought the brand name WHIRLPOOL meant quality. And much like you, my wife and I found that quality and standing behind their products means nothing to either the dealers, or the manufacturers.
                          Although in our case the product was a clothes dryer, the results were the same.
                          We paid nearly 400 dollars just over a year ago for a Whirlpool/ Estate Dryer/ model EED4400WQ0. It lasted just over a year, stopped working for no reason, and even the repairman said this was a case of faulty workmanship.
                          Unfortunately his word was not final, and the local dealer, MURPHY APPLIANCE IN OWENSBORO KENTUCKY, left us high and dry with a dryer that's now a hunk of junk for the landfill, which I'm sure is the case for the thousands of others who were stupid enough as us to trust what was once the top name in the business.

• Ni
                          Nicole Thomas Apr 16, 2012

Hello:
                          There should be a recall of most of these machines. I really wish the engineer of these machines would come into some of the consumer's homes for a full wash cycle. Let them see exactly what they're selling to the public, as if they don't already know.
                          My mother purchased the Maytag ensignia 200 "quiet" series. It's really a sad day when you spend good money on a company's washer and dryer, yet your clothing comes out wrinkled and linted to the max. The clothes are usually clumbed and twisted. The washer has ruined many of blankets. This machine is a total waste of good money, which in this economony is hard to come by. The dryer has never dried anything properly and waste electricity. We can't even sell this crap of machines. I would never let someone else mess up clothing. Not even for free. We'll probably donate them to the Animal shelter to wash out the towel, forget drying them. I am contacting this company for some sort of compensation, this product must be recalled.

Maytag NeptuneI will not purchase another whirlpool/maytag/kenmore product.

In December 2004, I purchased a Maytag Neptune, top Loader washing machine and dryer. Within 2 years I had to have the clutch assembly replaced and less than five years later, I have to replace the clutch assembly again. That means that this machine will have had 3 clutches in less than seven years. The serviceman who diagnosed the latest clutch problem said that this is a known, recurring problem on this Maytag model!
                        I called Whirlpool/Maytag and was informed that since this machine is so far out of warranty and no recall has been issued, I am not entitled to any remuneration for the repair services. I countered that this machine has a recurring clutch problem and should have been recalled accordingly. A very expensive washing machine like this one should not have had this problem and Maytag should have stepped up and issued a recall. Subsequently, when this machine fails again, I will not purchase another Whirlpool/Maytag/Kenmore product.

Maytag Washing Machine — lemon, will not work

Purchased june of this year, a maytag centennial commercial technology heavy duty washing machine at home...

Maytag Washer Mvwc6esww1defective washing machine

This washer does not clean clothes. They come out dirtier than they went in. They also present with new spots courtesy of the washer. And this is definitely not energy star. It is costing me a fortune in energy costs.in honoring their "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" policy they will only guaranty the functionally of the parts. Not the sum of the parts, which is the washing machine. There should be no reason this machine is still being sold.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Aug 13, 2012

Hello Eakett. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (CompliantsBoard), your user ID name (Eakett), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Ea
                              Eakett Aug 08, 2012

This washer is defective. Purchased April 2010 and already has broken down twice. Same problem each time. Sold being defective. Want the washer replaced

Maytag Refrigeratorservice

renovated my kitchen 3 years ago, decided on purchasing new appliances which included refrig, dishwasher, micro, range, washer and dryer all maytag, of course they were always known for dependability, NOT! what happened to this AMERICAN product. in the last 3 years I have had my refrig ( MFI2266AES ) serviced 4 times for the same problem. Each time servicing has been a nightmare at the hands of AE service, Preway service and of course at the helm of my nightmare Maytag Customer service. The first mistake I made was purchasing Maytag products follwed by the second mistake purchasing maytag service contracts. I now have a refrig that is not working, waiting on parts since end of august when I callled Maytag cust serv they confirmed the parts were not available and recommended I GO ONLINE AND TRY TO FIND THE PART! This added insult to injury. Today Preway finally came to install my parts and upon Techs arrival he opens the part box and realizes he ordered an ICE TRAY COVER! when he should have ordered an Interface Control Board. Maytag continues to have their products serviced by incompetent companies and appears to have no interest in keeping you as a customer after you purchase, what ever happen to the DEPENDABILITY PEOPLE? Maytag had built their reputation on reliable products and dependable service, what happened to this American Made appliance. Here is a prime example of what happened, and why companies like LG and Samsung are gaining more and more customers everyday. The best advice I can give someone is Avoid Maytag. By the way forgot to mention I have 2 small children ages 3 and 4 and Maytag is not concerned about How I would provide food for them with a refrig that does not work. Shame!
                            This is not what I expected from what I thought was a reliable company.

Anthony [protected]

Maytag Quiet Series 300 — worst dishwasher ever

Shame on me for not doing a thorough research BEFORE buying ALL 5 maytag appliances from the Home Depot. I...

Barrie