Menu

reviews & complaints

Maytag Complaints Summary

453 Resolved
605 Unresolved
Our verdict: Dealing with Maytag, which has an average resolution rate, requires some diligence. Research their service in depth and read a variety of customer reviews for a balanced view. Approach any customer service interactions with detailed and well-prepared queries to facilitate a better resolution process.
File a complaint
Claimed
Maytag has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Maytag. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Maytag complaints 1058

Sort by:

Newest Maytag reviews & complaints

10:57 pm EDT

Maytag Washer & dryer

I bought a Maytag washer and dryer set from home Depot and have never been happy with either. The dryer does not get clothes dry, I have to restart it and run the load through a couple times before they are dry. The washer has also never cleaned clothes well no matter what size or what setting I run them on, I can run my kids clothes, especially their blue jeans, through multiple times and they will still come out with dirt all over them! I've tried to make do because appliances are so expensive and when I picked them my husband said to make sure I got what I want, so I've tried to not say anything but I'm at my wites end and hoping I can get help!

Desired outcome: Exchange for a better set that actually work!

Apr 25, 2023 4:05 pm EDT

I'm sure am sorry to hear of your frustration. That's normally am extremely well respected laundry set. There are some specifics you've left out. If you would, contact your local Home Depot. There are additional service packages offered that may be of help getting the units serviced or even replaced.

R
2:35 pm EDT

Maytag Warrenty

I purshased a washer and dryer in 2016 last year it stoped draining properly , now i find out they want me to sign up for an entented warrenty pay for that plus the service tech's time pluse labor i am an elderly peson on a fixed income i have been without a washer for almost a year now, come on maytag back up your 10 year warrenty to me this is false avertising.

Desired outcome: FIX MY WASHER BACK UP YOUR WARRENTY

10:06 am EDT

Maytag Washer: X33 04552 / Model MVWX655DW2 - Purchased 09/07/2020

I had to repair the belt on 02/20/2023 @ $300 (1/2 the machine cost). An appliance you expect to last 15+ years needs a belt of less than 2.5 years. The belt was shredded - see attached. When I called for any warranty coverage, I was offered an extended warranty costing me even more $. The quality of Maytag products has obviously degraded, and so far, this $600 machine is less than 2.5 years and has cost me $900. I am not optimistic about the future of this machine & its parts. The happy path resolution would reimburse my cost to repair this belt of $300.

A
3:02 pm EDT

Maytag Maytag Washer - 4 emails. No response from corporate office

I have purchased 1000s of products during my life. Maytag, by far ranks, 999 from the bottom. My washing machine was used 8 months, and the suspension rods failed, Two adults living in Florida part time should not have to pay $364 for repairs. I was told it was out of warranty. Two weeks later, I received a letter from Maytag wanting to know if I was interested in purchasing an extended warranty on my NEW washing machine. I have sent 4 emails wanting to know why I recioeved this letter. No one from Maytag is responding.

Desired outcome: An explanation and reimbursement for all the time I am wasting. Maytag should have given me an explanation after my first email sent on 3/22/23. HORRIBLE customer service.

Apr 17, 2023 12:26 am EDT

Hi Ms. Mytyk.

I'd like to assist.

If you haven't already been taken care of, please provide the date of purchase and from whom it was purchased.

If someone has already assisted you, you can disregard this.

L
9:40 am EDT

Maytag Maytag washing machine problems

I purchased a washer and dryer from Best Buy on February 14th, 2023. The units were delivered and installed February 20th. After seven loads in the washer, the unit started to squeak when washing. I waited two weeks for flamingo repair to arrive to my home. I showed the technician the video of the washer squeaking and he determined the motor was bad. He and his assistant spent 45 minutes replacing the motor, ran it thru a rinse cycle and said it was fixed. The next time I used it, the washer made a terrible squealing noise. I unplugged the unit and had to drain the water out and take the clothes to a laundromat. I have been going to the laundromat ever since. Flamingo repair has cancelled twice since then, they only give appointments every two weeks, and I think that is unacceptable. I talked with a Maytag rep named Andrew and he wasn't much help. I would appreciate some kind of help with this matter, since Maytag will not exchange the washer for an operating one. Thank you. Model number mvw4505mwo. Serial number cc0300117. Robert Kirner, 8924 NW 21st court, Coral Springs, Florida 33071.

Desired outcome: Replacement

B
9:53 am EDT

Maytag Washing Machine

I have a 4.5 yr old washer that broke. I'm very dissatisfied with the b.s warranty you provide. 10 yr crap warranty. Covers the drive assembly but not the gear box. Isnt that part of a drive assembly?

Y'all are horrible. Product is junk. Hope you like ripping people off. 240 dollars just to have a tech tell me that your 700 dollar washer is junk because maytag/ whirlpool wont stand behind there products.

Desired outcome: Repair my machine. Or a some sort of monies. Id also like someone to say sorry that this has put you and your family in budget crisis

Apr 12, 2023 10:50 pm EDT

Hi blkchevy.

We appreciate reading your difficulties. It's always frustrating when something has an issue before one expects.

Most manufacturers only provides a simple one year, limited warranty with their products. Maytag is very proud to offer the same but also cover certain parts with a TEN YEAR, limited warranty.

In addition, Maytag partners with many certified retailers witch offer additional warranty packages, covering unexpected services or even outright replacement costs. If you haven't done so, please contact your retailer. It's very possible they can assist with any problems.

C
12:53 pm EDT

Maytag Refrigerator, stove, microwave

I’m a 60 year old, single, disable veteran with no children. I say this to say that there was no constant use or abuse of the appliances for which I have issues.

I had a kitchen fire in 2017 (two days prior to my mother’s funeral) Prior to that I had GE appliances which I purchased stove in 2000 and refrigerator and dishwasher 2002. I couldn’t replace the GE appliances with GE because I hosted my mother’s repast, and GE was special order. I had no choice but to purchase Maytag from good deal appliances. Thank God, I also purchased the extended warranty for the refrigerator. The refrigerator freezer door malfunctioned in 2020 and had to be replaced, butter bins door broke, The microwave has started to rust, and the self cleaning oven never, ever self cleaned. I am very disappointed with the quality of my appliances.

Desired outcome: Replaced or repaired neither of which I’m sure you’re prepared to do.

Apr 11, 2023 2:37 pm EDT

Hi Chalisa.

Thank you so much for reaching out with any of your concerns.

It's never easy to lose a parent. I don't know that anyone would hope it to come at a time more convenient than another -- we'd just prefer it didn't happen at all. Our condolences.

Thankfully there are many choices for consumers to select from when making an appliance purchase. Maytag being one of many, but a rather good choice.

To be competitive within the market, Maytag does provide a one year, limited warranty on most of their products; certain parts are actually warrantied for an ENTIRE TEN YEARS -- WOW!

To compliment this, many authorized retailers also provide extended warranties of which, it sounds like, you've made use of.

Contact your retailer with the concerns your having with the microwave and oven. We're sure you'll be taken good care of.

Please let us know if any further issues.

2:01 pm EDT

Maytag Clothes Qasher

I purchased a Maytag washer on July of 2020. About 6 months after I started using it, it began “screaming” at least four times per wash. When it’s not screaming, it’s moaning. Very loud noises for each wash. I contacted Maytag and a repairman was sent. He said he corrected it. Two weeks later it began again. The same man came back out. He said it was the motor and he couldn’t fix it. I contacted Maytag again and was told there were no repairmen in my area so they would get back to me. A month later, no contact. I contacted them again. They said there were no repairmen

and left it at that. Today I do ya yes Maytag and after many emails was told they could do nothing about it. Offered 15% off a new one. I’m on disability and can’t afford a new one. Had to save forever to get this one! I have only had this 2.5 years. I should not have to buy another so soon. Maytag does not stand behind their products.

Desired outcome: I would like and have asked for a replacement.

Apr 11, 2023 2:53 pm EDT

Hi Daphne.

Appreciated reading your concerns.

As does most manufacturers, Maytag provides a one year, limited warranty however, unlike many other manufacturers, Maytag warranties certain parts for a full ten years -- a washer's motor is generally one of these parts.

The concern here is that the motor, itself, is not failing but putting out a noise you do not feel is common.

The first thing to do is contact the retailer you purchased the unit through. Many offer additional service packages which may help in this very case.

Secondly, contact Maytag at a special number of [protected]. If the part is considered "broken" the cost thereof is covered; it will be up to you to cover the necessary labor.

If the part isn't considered broken, you may still determine to replace the part on your own. Maytag, again at the provided number, can arrange to send the part directly.

L
9:03 pm EDT

Maytag Maytag MHW5630HC washer

I purchased a Maytag washer in June of 2022 (less than a year ago) and it is now not working. I contacted Maytag and they could not get someone to come out to repair the washer for over a week. I had clothes, wet and locked inside getting mildewy. They would not do anything about that. They arrived on Friday, March 26th, and said the main electronic board is fried and they are going to order a new one. The repair man even said how unusual it was to have NO POWER going to the machine and he is hoping the circuit board replacement actually fixes it. That is supposed to take weeks and may not even fix the problem. We are a family of 6 without a washer. I have been to the laundromat 2x now and spent at least $30 each time. I cannot spend $60/per week until this gets fixed. Maytag sold a defective product and a warranty does not mean taking weeks to repair it, while I am stuck without a washer.

Desired outcome: A working washing machine this week!!

Read full review of Maytag and 3 comments
Update by Lisa8934
Mar 29, 2023 7:06 am EDT

Thank you! I appreciate the advice. I know the appliance repair services have been backed up. It is something you don’t think about when your new machine fails. You assume having the appliance covered under warranty will solve the problem. You don’t think about how you will do laundry while you wait for weeks for a part to come in to repair it. I will reach out to Maytag to see if they will help with laundromat costs. Thanks!

Lisa

3 comments
Mar 29, 2023 12:28 am EDT

Hi Lisa.

Frustrating to be sure. Not having the use of an appliance you depend on, even for a day, seems far too long. All manufactures have had delayed services since the beginning of the Covid pandemic. It's become much better; a week is nowhere near as bad as it was a year ago.

With all of that said, many retailers can help in this actual type of scenario. Many offer additional services such as covering laundromat costs and even lending a workable washer until yours can be serviced. Please contact them to see how they may assist.

Mar 27, 2023 5:58 pm EDT

Hi Lisa.

Is like to be of assistance.

Most manufacturers' warranties for not guarantee service within a given amount of time. This is especially true coming out of the Covid pandemic.

Many retailers offer additional service packages that do provide loaners and even cover incidental costs like that of the laundromat. Check with the retailer and see if they can be of assistance.

Mar 27, 2023 12:45 am EDT

Appreciate reading your concerns.

Most manufacturers do not provide a guaranteed timeframe for repairs. This is especially true coming off of Covid and the delays that have existed getting parts.

With that said, many retailers offer additional service packages which may assist in such cases. These services can offer loaner products and even help cover laundromat costs. Assuming you haven't contacted them yet, do so. You're likely to find them of great help

R
1:24 am EDT

Maytag Maytag/Whirlpool Washer Model MVW6230HW2 - Is DEAD after 1 year

A little after 1 year the washer died, and wouldn't start, only buzz.

After 3 repairmen came out could not fix it. Only the motor is covered under warranty and I've paid almost what we paid for the washer. It's been over a month. The next try will be to replace the circuit board.

I feel we have been ripped off completely by Maytag/Whirlpool. "It'll last 12 years?" Ours lasted 1.1 year.

Desired outcome: A new washer for the money I paid in trying to get the Maytag repaired.

Mar 26, 2023 4:47 pm EDT

Hi R Kimura.

Appreciate reading your concerns.

Maytag is a wonderful label with products to match. Not only does Maytag automatically provide a one-year limited warranty, which is standard throughout the market, it enhances this warranty by providing a ten-year limited parts warranty on certain portions of every Maytag product. In addition to this coverage, Maytag/Whirlpool partners with many retailers to provide additional warranty coverage should the customer desire it.

Please contact the retailer you purchased the 6230 through. They'll likely be able to assist in getting the unit taken care of.

10:52 pm EDT

Maytag Washer Model # MVWC565FW2

Purchased Washing Machine [protected]. The washing machines they make do not hold up well. Our present machine was diagnosed with a bad bearing. It makes a loud rumble during the spin cycle. We told to use it until it fails. The two machines prior lasted about 4 to 5 years. After these experiences, this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Maytag offered no help, just that your out of luck. This washer was used correctly and not abused. Extremely disappointed. We are spending too much money for under performance.

Desired outcome: Please Refund & I would like a response soon.

Mar 26, 2023 4:49 pm EDT

Hi Michael.

Appreciate reading your concerns.

Please contact the retailer you purchased the 565 through. They'll likely be able to assist in getting the unit taken care of.

5:16 pm EDT

Maytag mvwc565fw2

This washing machine has never worked since day 1. Called and complained, a repairman came out and told me that the washing machines just don't work that well because they are low water volume. He told me to keep it on bulky sheets and 2 rinses. I told him that's what I have it on and I run it thru 2 cycles and it still does not clean. My water bill has gone up $30 per month due to the 4 1/2 hours it takes to run clothes through 2 cycles. Forget anything getting clean if it's really soiled from gardening, the dirt does not come out, even after the 4 1/2 hours and 2 cycles i'm sick of it. When I look online, this model has had the exact same complaints for years, yet maytag continues to sell it. I will never buy another maytag and neither will my entire family. Also, I will be telling everyone about the horrible experience I have had with a new maytag washer that never worked from day 1.

Desired outcome: A DIFFERENT MODEL washer that works.

Mar 26, 2023 5:12 pm EDT

Hi Suzan.

Appreciate reading your concerns.

The laundry market has changed a great deal from that of thirty to forty years ago. The U.S. Congress has passed laws which require ALL washing machines to be more energy conservative and that means less water usage. Typically, washers no longer perform by submerging the laundry within water; instead it cycles the water by showering the laundry. This generally takes a little longer but completes the job to even a better extent.

In addition, washer tubs have had a tendency to become considerably larger. Because of this, along with the reduction in water, you'll find the basket's waterline even lower.

One thing I would suggest is upgrading the model you currently have. The 565 is a less expensive model without the option of using steam. You refer to having laundry, "heavily soiled from gardening." This is why certain models offer this feature. The steam breaks the water molecule into its smallest form, allowing the better permeation of fabric and removing those difficult stains.

Maytag's front-loading MHW8630 touts a huge 5.0 cubic foot tub with a 24-hour refresh option, extra dose dispensing and, when used with Maytag's exclusive "Extra Power" option, the steam feature is sure to get your garments extra clean.

K
1:34 pm EDT

Maytag maytag washer model # NVW4505MW0 SERIAL #CB2203378

Purchased in November of 2022. it has never worked correctly. had service tech out and he said nothing was wrong with it.

1> there is no way to get all hot water in this machine even though it has a hot setting for water.

2. the machine makes horrible loud noise when spinning. it also walks out into the floor, machine shows level.

3. machine damages clothing.

4. the center of the machine inside has grease type substance.

5. it only works correctly if settings are set to bulky and use with fabric softner.

this machine is a terrible appliance. I have never had such a poor appliance.

Desired outcome: replace machine with something that works correctly

Read full review of Maytag and 2 comments
2 comments
Fredrico Cartier
Oct 18, 2023 8:40 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you have any doubts about the quality of this machine just look at the excuses the representative has just giving you what a joke

Mar 26, 2023 5:24 pm EDT

Hi Mr. or Ms. Hughes.

I believe the model you're actually referring to is the MVW4505, not the NVW4505.

This model is an entry level unit within the market and to keep it less expensive, does not include a heater system. It assumes the water being brought in on the hot water hose is of the heat it should be. If your washer is placed far enough away from the water heater within the house, it is possible the water is cooling within the pipes.

In addition, the walking problem can be caused by another issue the builder has made within the home by not providing enough support under the floorboards in that laundry area. This creates more flex and a problem with washers "walking" especially when loaded unevenly.

Contact Maytag at [protected] to have someone dispatched to your home. I'd also recommend contacting the retailer you purchased the unit through. Many offer additional services which may allow you to upgrade this model.

B
3:45 pm EDT

Maytag Washing machine

I bought this machine new, after six months of having this machine the agitator and the computer board or the memory board the main board panel went out in my machine now as of today now the electrical harness the solenoid that's underneath there are the water pump and some other parts have gone out now as well Whirlpool refuses to replace my machine and this is why I'm writing this complaint right now because this machine is defective it has been defected from day one but they refuse to replace it what they're offering me is an extended warranty six months warranty in some kind of gift cards I'm not taking any

Desired outcome: They refuse to replace the washing machine.

Read full review of Maytag and 2 comments
2 comments
Fredrico Cartier
Oct 18, 2023 8:45 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have one and I cannot think of one good thing about it it is faulty in every regard what a catastrophe

Mar 26, 2023 5:29 pm EDT

Hi Brian.

I'd like to assist but your concerns do not provide enough information.

From what I can understand, the machine was serviced "after six months." You are now having some other issue.

What was the date of purchase? If it's still not under that warranty governing the manufacturer's warranty, you might contact the retailer you purchased the unit through. Many times they can assist in getting the unit taken care of.

P
9:56 am EDT

Maytag Washing machine

My washing machine has been broken for weeks I finally got a claim made I took 2 days off work waiting for somebody to show up and or call! Nobody contacted me back. I've spent 40 dollars a day at the washer mat i've took 2 days work off i've lost 2 days' pay 150 dollars each day they finally got another company scheduled to come look at it & now they are telling me is going to be another 3 to 5 days before they get there I can afford this anymore I payed for the lowes extended warranty &I can't get no help from nobody the money i've spent waiting missing work paying for my laundry to be done at the laundry mat has exceeded what I payed for it my model number is (mvwb765fwi) my serial number is) c80674159) my claim number is ([protected]) my name is joseph pinion my telephone number is [protected] will somebody please help me I don't have any more money to spend on laundry matt I cant take off work no more I don't know what else to do please help me somebody

Desired outcome: reimburse me for my money and or fix my washing machine or supply me with the same 1 immediately

Mar 26, 2023 5:34 pm EDT

Hi Joseph.

Appreciated reading your concerns.

I'd never recommend arbitrarily taking time off of work to just wait for someone to contact you. With mobile phones, it seems to make the use of time less productive.

The first thing to determine is whether the washer is under warranty and by whom. Start by providing me with the date of purchase and we'll go from there.

E
3:58 pm EST

Maytag Maytag and Lowe's

We bought a Maytag top loading washing machine with an agitator in Novemer 2022. About every third load has so much water you cannot put it in the dryer and you cannot get the spin cycle to work; so have to start from the beginning. Clothes are literally knotted and wrinkls so badly they will not come out when you put them in the dryer. There is not enough water to dissolve the cleaning products which are in clumps at the end of the wash. There is not enough water in the rinse cycle to rinse the soap out and is causing terrible itching on our skin.

Lowes knew of these problems and did not warn us when we bought the machine. I would like a full refund so I can buy a brand that will do what a washer should do. I could do a better job cleaning by pounding my clothes on a flat rock. We have both been ill with big medical bills and can't afford to just trash this machine and buy another.

Can you help us get a refund since Lowes' knew they were selling us garbage?

Desired outcome: full refund

Mar 26, 2023 5:42 pm EDT

Hi Ms. Lacy.

Appreciate reading your concerns.

It would appear that you're changing the setting in order to try and get the unit to perform as older machines might. This is what is creating the problem. Search for your model on Maytag's website and study the documentation carefully. You'll find, when using the unit as intended, you'll have great results.

J
11:03 pm EST

Maytag MVW7232HWO

CLOTHES LOOK WORSE AFTER YOU WASH.

We bought this MVW7232HWO set from Menards Nov 6th 2022, for our new home getting built. We moved in Feb 7th 2023.

We ran our first load of sheets for our new bed, sheets came out filthy with lint and black junk on them. We ran then through another cycle. Still came out dirty. We tried to wash a load of dark clothes and there was junk all over them as well. We got on line did some troubleshooting and a few more load. It was the worst I have even seen clothes coming out of a washer machine. We called Menards and they said since it has been over 90 days we had to call Maytag, even though we had just started using a week ago.. They sent out a tech and said they machine was operating as it was designed and we were loading it wrong or using wrong detergent. We are using the he detergent it calls for we have used liquid or powder, we use half the suggested amount. We have used no detergent. We have thrown the clothes in there, we have strategically laid them around the drum as some have said you have to do. They still come out covered in lint and what looks like is detergent. The rinse cycle uses what looks like about a gallon of water. We called and had a second tech come out. I told him if he could get clean clothes from that machine I would agree it works. He witnessed the clothes come out filthy. Talked to Maytag customer service and they said that is normal and the dryer should finish cleaning them. That is crazy, and we hang dry a lot of or dark clothes.

Don’t buy! This is the worst washing machine probably on the market, the tech said these are very common problems with new top loaders and Maytag customer service is lacking. I am stuck having to purchase a new machine to replace the one we have used less than a month.

Desired outcome: Switch this machine for a front load.

Read full review of Maytag and 3 comments
3 comments
Sports Hypnotist
Aug 14, 2023 2:48 pm EDT

I have had a top loader only 2 yrs old. And, this is what I get after every wash, even when I do what the company says to do in its operation. Crap product, gonna see about a class action suit because they won't send anyone out unless you pay. My old washer I had for 20 yrs., should have kept it.

Aug 17, 2023 7:22 pm EDT

It appears that what is happening is a gasket is crumbling and dropping into the wash load. Not only is this annoying and prohibitive in the cleaning process, it's harmful to the parts the gasket is protecting. It is likely the ball bearings for the motor and tub. It's possible that this occurred because of the overuse of detergent. The residue of the detergent settles on the gasket and causes it to breakdown.

Assuming the rest of the unit is still in good condition, get a service technician out to take a look. He/She will likely come to a similar conclusion and get the gasket (also referred to as a shield) replaced. In the future, you should only need to use a 1/3 of a cup of detergent, at most, and that is with a full load of laundry.

Hopefully that helps.

Mar 26, 2023 5:59 pm EDT

Hi Jon.

I think I may be of assistance.

Although I'm not looking at the unit, the problem you describe is not unique to any one brand. It can happen when something coats certain parts of the unit, many times a filter, It's why certain types of fabric are not recommended for anything other than professional cleaning.

The way to resolve the issue is disassembling the machine and systematically cleaning every potential part where this lint and residue reside. This is precisely why I suggest starting with the filters because, once lint starts blocking this area, other things like undiluted powder will become trapped as well. Along those same lines, DO NOT OVERUSE THE AMOUNT OF DETERGENT. Newer washing machines require much less detergent and you'll find that, even a third of a cup, is more than enough for a single load.

W
6:24 am EST

Maytag MVW6200KW2

I purchased this model washer in 2021 they brought me a broken washer and had to bring another it’s been one repair after another last flooding my home there has to be a recall on this washer its a piece of junk. Now it wont sense the clothes in the washer and goes from sensing to done without washing my extended warranty now wants to replace or give me less money then what I paid. I do not want to replace with same model but believe I should get the full purchase price and also Maytag should take care of this because the flood happened in December before the manufacturer warranty expired, the extended warranty didn’t take effect until January.

Desired outcome: I want full purchase price and compensation for my troubles of the flood had to clean 3” of water from 3 rooms and replace flooring in one bedroom.

12:41 pm EST

Maytag Maytag commercial washer. Model number MVW7232HW serial number CB3204053

Washer stopped working 2/10/23, purchased at lowes August 17, 2022. Replaced the first Maytag commercial washer that was only about 3 1/2 going on four years old that could not be repaired because it cost more to repair it than the actual washer price. Now I’m on my second washer still a Maytag different type. This one stopped mid cycle said power failure unplugged it thinking maybe it would reboot did not. Call for service they gave me the place in Buffalo that services may tag. Did not want to be bothered with them because the first time with the prior washer they said it was the control board. Got a second opinion and it was everything but the control board. So that washer was beyond repair and Maytag could’ve cared less that I was out $1000. 00. So that washer went to the curb so that was $1000 essentially that was thrown in the garbage paid almost 900. 00 for this one just turning six months old. Can’t wait for Maytag to get service people out to me I am a nurse I need my washer because I wash clothing every day due to Covid. Very disappointed that I can’t get service from who I want to and also very disappointed Maytag basically is saying again so sad too bad. So with that being said I have a repairman coming on Monday, February 13 and if it can be repaired I will pay for it. If not I want my washer replaced. It’s been a lot of money for Maytag product that is advertised as one of the best products going. But I feel like when I talk to people at Maytag they’re reading off a script they don’t really care but I need some resolution to this. If I have to pay for it to be repaired I would also like my money back. There has to be some happy medium because I find it very difficult to believe that I’ve had to commercial washers in five years and both were bad.

Desired outcome: Want washer replaced and or money reimbursed.

9:59 am EST

Maytag Maytag Washer Model MVWB865GW0

My washer just stopped working. From everything I am reading, it is the motherboard, and is a common problem with this Maytag model. I have been in contact with the company, and they can only offer me an extended warranty that I PAY FOR, or said they could offer a discount on a new washer. I shouldn't be out any money for this. Many other owners have experienced this same issue. It is obviously a defect in the machine. Maytag used to be a good company, which is why I purchased this washer (and dryer).

Desired outcome: I want them to pay for the extended warranty in case it stops working again, which is likely to happen given the other reviews.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Maytag contacts