Bissell Homecare Logo

Bissell Homecare

Having problems with Bissell Homecare?

8800 100 5588 (Russia)
+1 800 237 7691 (United States)
+44 344 888 6644 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 024 7735 (Australia)
+64 800 247 735 (New Zealand)
+43 720 775 439 (Austria)
+32 78 480 196 (Belgium)
+385 72 100 300 (Croatia)
+420 234 280 645 (Czech Republic)
+45 78 773 661 (Denmark)
+36 615 507 941 (Hungary)
+31 203 051 340 (Netherlands & Europe)
+351 300 506 286 (Portugal)
+41 445 087 140 (Switzerland)
2345 Walker Ave. NW

Unit 7, Romsey Industrial Estate, Greatbridge Road, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0HR

Australia
42 Rocco Drive, Scoresby 3179, Victoria, Australia

Netherlands & Europe
Stadhouderskade 55, 1072 AB Amsterdam (NL)

Norway
Pindsleveien 8b, 3221 Sandefjord

Russia
ul. Bochkova 6, korpus 2, stroenie 2, Moscow, Russia, 129085

China
Baotian District Shiyan Street Shuitian Community 4th Floor, Building E, Factory Building, Jiehe Industrial City, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province, China

Hong Kong
Unit 2301-03, The Metropolis Tower, № 10 Metropolis Drive, Hung Hom, Kowloon

Taiwan
Taiwan 241, 1st Floor, Section 646-1, Re-Road, Sanchong District, New Taipei City, Taiwan

Chile
Gerónimo de Alderte 1311, Vitacura, Santiago (CL)

Complaints & Reviews

bissell powerforce compact - model# 2112z

I bought this Bissell vacuum POWERFORCE COMPACT (Model# 2112Z) less than a year ago - it's a great little vacuum but just recently it's gotten very loud and the motor is going out of it. I'm a little disappointed about it because I have other Bissell products that have lasted for years! I sent in the warranty card for it. What do I need to do to get a replacement?
Thanks!
Pamela Driscoll
Ph: [protected]
email: [protected]@gmail

spot clean proheat #5207u

Leaking form the base of the vacuum hose. Water dribbles out faster than I can get it up. This began with the first use.

I have removed the upper and lower plates below the tank to see if anything was loose, other than the gravity-only fit between the receiving tank and the base, but can find nothing. I did not attempt to disassemble the connection of the hoses - mostly because I couldn't see how to do that without breaking something.

This appeared to be an effective system, which is why I bought it. I'd like a solution to the problem, a replacement or a substitute.

[protected]@embarqmail.com
[protected]

all bissell carpet cleaning solutions

Bissell will VOID your machine's Warranty if you use any cleaning solution other than Bissell's own! All of their Solutions contain 3M Scotchgard which forces the owner to use a potentially Cancer causing Chemical or lose the Warranty on their new Machine. Bissell
has no respect for a customer that may not want Scotchgard in their carpeting throughout the house, not to mention drapes and upholstery. The Original Scotchgard had to be pulled off the market because it was a proven Carcinogen. The new formula only made
a tiny change in the offending ingredient but is still in the same dangerous chemical family (Perfluorinated Compounds PFCs).
A Home fire will release Deadly Toxic Fumes from these chemicals. That's why Fire Fighters have a higher Cancer Rate. Forcing
Customers to use their DANGEROUS cleaning fluid is not only a Shameless Monopoly but also downright Immoral!

Job Offer

on 6/15/15 I received an email from Nancy Nelson claiming to be HR for Bissell, Inc. She indicated my resume had been viewed and they would like to proceed further with an interview. She indicated I needed to download the Yahoo! Messenger and speak with the "Hiring Manager" Victoria Luckett ([protected]@yahoo.com). I already had messenger, so I hopped onto one of my unused accounts and began chatting w/ Ms. Luckett. She indicated this was an at home online position, with flexible schedule paying $45 per hour. She stated the first week would be training and paid at $35 per hour. She also stated the top four people out of 16 teams would be promoted to the office and given a car, a house, while making $63, 000.00 annually. I inquired as to the payments because $45 per hour at 40 hours per week for 12 months is approximately $84, 000 annually. I asked why I would want to go from making $84, 000 working from home to $63, 000 a year working in an office. Her response was only "correct". She stated the company was doing this to make the citizens proud and have good income to take care of their families. I inquired about equipment I would need to be able to work from home and she stated the company would provide all the equipment I would need. I inquired as to what equipment I needed and she stated we would discuss it further once I accepted the position. I asked if there was benefits such as health benefits, PTO, tuition reimbursement, 401K - her response was "yes" I asked if she could elaborate more such as how many PTO days, what kind of tuition reimbursement, how good was the health care, etc - she stated they would discuss it further once I accepted their offer. Many of the questions I asked of her were open-ended questions but a lot of the responses I got from her were "yes or no" answers. When I asked her to elaborate, I kept getting answers such as "it would be discussed further once I was hired". I did not let the conversation go any further so I am actually unsure of exactly what their end game is. I told her I wanted a little time to think about it and discuss it with my husband. She stated I had to make a decision ASAP or there was a possibility the position would be given to another candidate. I advised if that was the case, then so be it, but I wanted time to think about it. I advised her I would be in contact within 12 hours. She never responded to that. When I googled her, I wasn't able to find much. I did contact Bissell to inquire and spoke with Leann in their HR department. She did confirm for me that they do not have a Nancy Nelson in their HR department nor did they have any work-from-home positions with their company.

• Ac
    a.cabral Jul 06, 2015

The exact situation happened to me minus the online interview today.

No service

I bought a BISSELL carpet cleaner near to the end of last year. On the 4th use, the water was pouring out. On...

Horrible customer service

I went to Rona to return the deep cleaning machine I have rented from them. I rented a Bissell for 24hrs on July 18th at 7pm. First, I was shocked by how dirty and filthy that machine was. But anyway I took it as I wanted to try it. So, at home it took me an hour to clean and disinfect my rented Bissell. The next day, at about 6:30pm I gave the machine a good rinse and I made sure I removed all the fur and stuff..., and went to the store. There, the employee Tara was at the front desk helping ( or I should probably use INTIMIDATING) customers. Well, I told her that I was there to return the Bissell. She said the store was closing and that I should come the next day. I asked her kindly to help me and I apologized for not coming earlier. But "DEAR" Tara didn't seem to appreciate my apologies, she continued to be pissed off, rude and show A LOT OF ATTITUDE. Anyway the girl with bad manners, Tara, wanted to inspect the machine I brought. I said OK, no problem, because I knew the machine was clean and by the way I was proud of my self for bringing back an almost brand new machine, clean and shiny comparing with what I have been given yesterday. She looked at the machine and said h-mmm, this machine is dirty and you are not having the deposit back ($15). Well, I thought...what a h... is going on. I told her to give me the money back (the deposit) and not to play with me like that. I felt very offended because she was completely wrong about the condition of the machine... and the story went on and on... until I got my deposit back. I left the store all shaking and with a headache, not kidding :(((( Now I am thinking, what I they doing at Rona, are they saying the same to everyone in order to have this so called cleaning fee???????? ( $15) . Ridiculous and wrong! The girl TARA was extremely rude; honestly, she should be fired immediately. I will never, never go to a Rona store again. Shame on you guys :((((.

No stars to the employee Tara from Rona, Kitchener, ON.

Faulty Vacuum

Purchased a Bissell Vacuum with additional parts that snap onto the back of the Vacuum. They kept falling off when the Vacuum was in use, and the Vacuum did not have good suction, so I bought another duplicate model that was newer, but had the same problem! Contacted Bissell who advised me to take the vacuum into a Repair shop. Why should I have to waste my time, gas, and money getting the Vacuum repaired, when it would probably be cheaper just to buy a new Vacuum, other than Bissell. Bissell does not want to solve problems, just make excuses, which is not an ethical way to do business!

Vaccum

I have purchased a bissell compact cleaner vacuum back in January of 2013 and thee belt just broke on me...

powerforce helix

I just bought a Bissell powerforce helix. I also bought an additional 2 year replacement plan for $7.00 from...

wont come on this is my 2nd one with the same problem it worked 2 weeks

i bought the bissell powerforce vacuum the first week in December and used it maybe 4 times the power switch...

Burned my carpet

While using the attachments, the vacuum left a 10" x 2" burn mark on my carpet [the brush beater on this vacuum continuously rotates and is supposed to raise up when using the attachments]. In order to file a claim, they told me I must package the vacuum at my own expense (they provided a pre-paid shipping label), complete an "Incident Report", and submit 3 photographs of the affected area. Once they received the vacuum, it would go to a resolution specialist for "inspection". After that, I would be contacted about my options. I asked them for a turnaround time as I wanted to know how long I would be without a vacuum. They couldn't give me one. I had to buy a new vacuum (definitely NOT a Bissell). Good thing, because it took 16 days from the time I shipped the vacuum to the time someone contacted me. I was told that there was nothing wrong with the vacuum, and that I must have been leaning on the vacuum when using the attachments. BUT they would replace my vacuum. I got an estimate and asked for damages for my ruined carpet. They insisted carpeting depreciates. I am taking them to Small Claims Court today.

Bissell carpet cleaner stained my carpet

Several years ago, I purchased a Bissell carpet cleaner with red/orange brushes on it. When I used it on my carpet, it left red/orange streaks on my carpet. I contacted Bissell immediately and was told to try going back over the streaks to see if it would remove it. I did not want to use it anymore on my carpet as I didn't need more or darker streaks in my carpet. I was instructed to send in the carpet cleaner so they could test it in their lab. I sent it along with pictures of the damage to my carpet. The answer I got from Bissell was that in the lab tests they could not simulate the streaks and that the color in my pictures did not exactly match the color of their brushes. I told them if they would come to my home they could see that the color was an exact match, that the color in the photo may not have matched exactly since it was a photograph. But they refused to take responsibility of the damage to my carpet caused by their defective carpet cleaner. From reading the list of complaints against Bissell, consumers can see Bissell is a company that makes defective products and does not stand behind their products. Stay away from Bissell products. Buyer BEWARE !!

Bissell product caused stains on my carpet

I will continue to proclaim that Bissell is not a company to be trusted. Buyer BEWARE !! From reading these complaints, it sounds like Bissell continues to product shoddy products and will not stand behind the products they make. Several years ago, I purchased a Bissell carpet cleaner with the red/orange brushes. The product left red/orange streaks on my carpet from the brushes. I immediately called and they told me to clean the carpet again and see if they would go away. Why would I use a product again that had just caused stains on my carpet. I sent them the product back as they requested along with pictures of the damage to my carpet. They denied that their product caused the damage. They said the color in the pictures did not exactly match the color of their brushes. They said they analyzed the cleaner and it did not reproduce the stains in their lab so they were not liable. They are a horrible company that produces terrible defective products and they care nothing at all about their customers or the damage that they cause.

• Ca
    Carma Grigsby Sep 05, 2016

My new power lifter multi cyclonic rewind Bissell sweeper melted the carpet in five places and turned the areas blue scratchings like the brush. The carpet was just installed white carpet. It's actually melted and in bedded in the carpet the bristles.

Defective product

I have a bissel powerforce and the roller bar broke after a few months of use, I called the customer service department and they said I must have hit something hard??????? but they would replace it for free, well now it is broke again, I only have 2 rooms with carpet, this product must have something defective to have this part continue to go bad. I have been told that I have to pay to have this part replaced again. I guess I will go back to Hoover!

Customers don't matter

Purchased can of Power Shot 2 days ago. Use twice on day of purchase. Next day, sprayer did not work. Contacted Bissell's awful customer service 3 times. First call, placed on hold and forgotten about. Second call, customer service rep acted like I was bothering her. Was told to soak sprayer cap in hot water. I did, still did not spray. Called customer service 3rd time was asked for numbers on can and told I would be receiving coupons for purchase of any Woolite product. I had already decided that because of such poor customer service and undue aggravation to me, that I would not be spending my money on "any" of their products. Received an e-mail reply from the customer service today after e-mailing the company and still was not pleased with response. I was told I would have to bring the product back to the store to receive that. Well, unfortunately, I do not have the receipt. I get extremely annoyed every time, I look at a full can of shampoo that I paid for and cannot use. Every call to Bissell resulted in them distancing themselves from a defective can of shampoo. Not once did their customer service apologize for the inconvenience to me, except the e-mail response. Another issue that angered me was the fact that all of their customer service representatives addressed me by my first name. I really take offense when anyone who I am dealing with on a business level addresses me on a first name basis. Bissell is really lacking by not training/requiring their representatives to address customers by their last names. I have never been so annoyed over a call to a company about a defective product as I have been with Bissell. It seems that the bigger companies are the worst!

Beware of Bissell's rebate fulfillment promise and procedures

Since December 2007, I have been trying to receive my $20 rebate from Bissell with no luck.

I filled out the Bissell Rebate Form, attached my "original" receipt and cut out the UPC label from the box and mailed it all in.

In mid-January 2008, I received a "Xerox" copy of a Bissell form that stated that I had not complied with all their requests in regard to said rebate, and therefore, was not entitled to anything.

Since then I have e-mailed their customer-service department, called their customer-service department, and sent a registered letter to their corporate headquarters only to receive a letter from them stating that they need the "original" receipt and "original" UPC label from the box in order to process my request.

If I were a dog - this would be the time when I felt as if I were chasing my non-existent tail.

Original means "one". You get one original receipt and that's it. Once you send it in - you have no more original.

I think even Bill Clinton would not be able to parse the meaning of the word "original"!!

At this point I have spent more time and money on postage, etc. than I will ever recoup via the $20 rebate - but it's now become a matter of principle for me.

And what makes me even angrier is the fact that nightly on TV the state of Michigan (in which Bissell is located) has employed a professional Hollywood actor to make a plea for that state for business to come there to set up shop because it's a "wonderful state in which to do business".

I agree - especially if you're crooked as the day is long. I'm writing a letter to the Michigan State Attorney General's Office, my state's Attorney General and filing a complaint with the BBB of my state and that of Michigan.

Companies should not offer rebates if they have no intention of honoring them.

And the interesting part is - on top of everything else - Bissell Corporate lied to me when they stated in their letter to me that they had "NO" record of any correspondence from me.

Because their customer service rep made the mistake of telling me that the Model Number I gave him via phone didn't match the "serial number they had on file for me". So apparently they had received my "original rebate form and receipt, etc." and my e-mail.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Bissell offer that was made in December 2007, in which they advertised on TV?

Because I sure hope not for your sake.

Absolute Crap !

The Bissell PowerSteamer is an absolute piece of [censored]. The "sprayer" doesn't spray, but drips occassionally, and what few droplets come out are almost sucked up by the suction unit. I could pee a stream better than the piece of garbage.

Have wanted a carpet cleaner for years and finally bought one after researching for months. Spent more on that garbage than I do on a weeks worth of food for my three kids.

I am assuming that the 3 yr old in Laos that worked in the sweatshop to produce that crap is not to blame, but Bissell sells an inferior product and should be ashamed of themselves.

After fighting with that thing for over an hour I took it straight to the dumpster and tossed it in

have been trying to receive my $20 rebate from Bissell with no luck

Companies should not offer rebates if they have no intention of honoring them.

• Va
    va_girl Mar 06, 2011

Who spends over three years pursuing a $20 rebate? Breathe...and let it go.

• To
    TODD007 Mar 27, 2014

Bissell sucks. Outsourcing customer service. Time line on product being shipped out is an absolute lie. Required emails to be sent to customer on when product is shipped is also an absolute lie. Bissell your product is garbage & customer service is worst than the
    DMV!!! Ill stick to the old fashioned way BROOM, DUSTPAN, MOP, BUCKET, & a (ROYAL) CARPET CLEANER.

quality of product

my husband bought this unit for me. After 5 times of use it quit squirting water. I called the service cntr and was told how to fix it. It squirted for a couple minutes & quit again. I called the service cntr again & was told to get my pliers and screwdriver back out. I operated on it & couldn't get it to work. I was told it was still under manufacturers warranty & to bring it back to the store for exchange. Walmart told me they wished Bissell would stop telling people they could return it after 60 days cause they won't. The lady at the service counter said she sees ALOT of these coming ack but there's nothing they can do.

• Ne
    Never buy Bissel again Dec 13, 2015

Owned the pro heat pet model two days already stopped working no water suction pickup. Sporadic tool spray and no suction cheaply made motor noise getting louder

Not in Store, and was not given raincheck

Went to purchase quicksteamer and there were non-stoced on the self. Went to customer service the supervisor on duty said she has some in the stock room. I waited over 25 minutes and she never came back nor was I given a raincheck on this item. The item was being sold for $79.99. I would like for someone to call me or send me a rain check at this address. 3423 Gateshead Manor Way, apt. 103 Silver Spring, MD 20904, as soon as possible.

• Lo
    Lorrie LHeureux Nov 07, 2010

Try to get a refund, I bought one and it quit working after three uses. It junk!! Get your money back anyway you can.
    Good Luck

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices