Having problems with Lowe's?

+1 800 445 6937 (Customer Care)
+1 877 465 6937 (Sales & Product Assistance)
+1 800 444 1408 (Consumer, Commercial Business Accounts)
+1 800 890 5932 (Technical Issues)
+1 866 232 7443 (Commercial Accounts Receivable Accounts)
P.O. Box 1111
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved john deere tractor

In early June I purchased a John Deere tractor D130. It had been reduced because it had been returned and I was concerned that there might still be something wrong with it but the salesman assured me that the problem was minor and that they did a complete over haul on the machine and it was a good machine. It only had 12 hours on it. I bought it and when it was delivered it wouldn't start so they put a new battery in it. I ran it and put 10 more hours on it and it died. I don't want it repaired cause I believe I have a lemon so I want to return it. I called the store and was transfered from person to person. Sometimes talking to someone they had already forwarded me to. Finally they told me that the person that needed to make the call about the machine was with a customer and that as soon as he was done he would call me. That was yesterday morning and I've heard nothing. I was even disconnected once after being on hold for a very long time. Does Lowes Stand by it's product? If so please get this machine out of here. Two additional problems. One they want me to pay for another pickup and two, I've already made a payment on the machine and I'm not sure that I want store credit on what I've paid because if this is the way your service is run I probably won't be back. That depends on how this situation is handled.

Sincerely
William J. Held Jr.
1910 State Route 130
Jeannette, Pa. 15644
home [protected]
cell [protected]

Resolved misconduct & unfair hiring policies

This LOWE'S branch is the worst; continues racial bias policies on hiring African-Americans, unfair...

Resolved lack of customer service

I have spent a substantial amount of money at Lowes over the last several years and had more than one issue arise from this store. The common thread between the issues is the lack of customer service you receive when there is an issue. I realize that sometimes there are policies and other restrictions that might prevent a situation from being resolved the way a customer feels it should but I would think that there should be an attempt to treat the customer with dignity and respect and at least try to resolve the issue. My most recent experience with Lowes occurred today, 8/19 and involved a bath tub. I had purchased this tub a while back and it had been installed during a very large remold project in my home. One week after the tub was installed the bottom of the tub began to chip apart and show rust forming in the chips. Since I had just had new drywall, flooring, a tile surround, sink, toilet, etc. installed in that bathroom we do not want to ruin the other work and waste more money. We decided to leave the tub in and try to repair the chips/cracks with pool paint (from Lowes). The repair didn't last and not only did the paint peel but the bottom of the tub continued to chip. Finally I was so disgusted with the look of the tub that and the danger of the rust that I mentioned it to one of the store associates (not a manager) that I often see while I'm shopping there. He indicated that I would need to bring the tub in to have anything done about it and speak to a manager. About two months later my husband finally had a weekend off and he removed the tub from the bathroom. Although he was careful, parts of the tile wall, drywall, and tile floor were damaged. When we went to the store there was an immediate attitude displayed by one of the lower level managers and I then request the highest store manager available. She proceeded to call another manager on the phone and to tell her what she had told me (with attitude) instead of just explaining my concerns and allowing that manager to make a decision. In the meantime another manager (at a higher level) happened to be walking up to customer service and had a disgusted look on his face as he literally glared at the tub. Yes the tub was beat up and dirty, the edges were damaged as it was removed and there was dirt in the tub from the drywall. I had to interrupt his glaring to explain that "the tub is like this because it was ripped out of our bathroom and that my entire bathroom is a mess due to this low quality tub." They attempted to look up the purchase on three of my credit cards and then the manager proceeded to brush the dust away to "see" where the finish was chipping. He noticed the paint peeling and said "something isn't right about this, it looks like the tub was refinished and that is peeling." Yes, pool paint from Lowes had been applied OVER the chips and cracks so I could give my child a bath in the tub without her delicate skin sitting on cracks and chips with rust. I take tetanus very seriously and I did not want to risk exposing my 17 month old child to that. I was not just the fact that nothing was done and that my time and money were wasted, I do not appreciate the attitude displayed by 2 of the 3 employees in "management" roles. There was such a negative and outright rudeness during this visit I could not even explain my situation in detail to the manager who walked up and glared. Even when I was telling him the story about the conversation I had with the other employee 2 months prior he said “don’t you think you should have spoken with a manager first?” No, I didn’t think that, I assumed that the store would stand by their products, my mistake. Why have a chip on your shoulder instead of just trying to look up the purchase and fix the issue? Why glare at the tub in disgust instead of walking right up to the customer, introducing yourself, and asking them what happened? Why sell low quality products with "7 year warranty" printed on the boxes (the store selects their vendors and can decide not to sell these items)? I have never had an issue at Home Depot that hasn't been immediately addressed and I am always treated with respect in that store. I will not tolerate this unacceptable behavior from employees at places where I am choosing to give my patronage too. As a human being to another human being, this behavior is absolutely unacceptable.

• Wi
    wifi8827 Aug 19, 2012

"We decided to leave the tub in and try to repair the chips/cracks with pool paint (from Lowes). "

that was probably not a wise move.

Resolved fence install

The representative that is currently assisting me at this location is JC Lundy Project Specialist –...

Resolved personnel

Daughter, former Lowes full time employee, seeking job with School District 51, used Lowes as reference for three positions with the school district.
Personnel did NOT respond to inquires, therefore making it appear my daughter was not employable.
I would terminate employee who's response was "I didn't think it was important"

Richard Larsen, Grand Junction, CO

Resolved failure to pay just claim

Sedgwick claims management services aka sedgwick cms aka srs is wholly owned and operated by lowe's home...

Resolved rip off

Lowes credit card (part of GE) is a big credit card company. But does not let you make on line automatic payments on their web site. Does not even let you make automatic payments through my bank through ebills either. I feel like they are just waiting for me to forget and rip me off with late fees. Very poor customer service also. I had ebills till 11/2011 through my bank for Lowes credit card and it was discontinued by Lowes without notifying me and I presumed bills were paid automatically. I tried to explain my concern and problem to the customer service, they just don't care. They just blamed me and my bank.

• Sh
    sheryl bolinger Dec 19, 2009

calls several times daily, even late on sundays, it is a recorded message trying to get us to apply for a lowes home improvement credit card. they leave a phone number to call, witch i have tried to, to tell them not to call me any more but can not reach a live person to complain to. this has been going on for months.please help! thank you very much! my home number is (317)426-5943

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Jul 05, 2012

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 070512_cb_Thandar**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

• Fo
    ForrestCo Nov 19, 2012

Also, whatever you do, never-ever use your Lowes credit card to carry no-interest promo purchase AND make regular 5% Lowes Card discount purchases. It’s OK to do one or the other but never carry both together. The reason is because when you make a monthly payment, even if it’s above the minimum amount due, even if the payment is enough to cover the 5% discounted purchases in full for that billing period plus the amount to cover any minimum amount due for the no-interest promo purchases, the amount paid for that billing period will be proportionately divided among all of your outstanding credit purchases. This will leave a balance due on the regular 5%-discount purchases which incurs an interest charge which easily offsets any 5% discount saving.

The same goes for returns. If you make a return of an item purchased on your Lowes credit card, and let’s say the item was purchased taking the 5% discounted regular-purchase deal, the return credit will be proportionately divided among your outstanding balances on both interest free-promo purchase and regular purchases. For this reason, your regular purchases balance will be higher that you would expect which will undoubtedly incur unexpected interest charges. In the last two to three years since I’ve had my Lowes credit card featuring the 5% discount deal, I have incurred more interest charges and been on the phone with GE Capital customer service than I have with all the other credit-cards that I’ve carry for over the last 30+years combined. Except for long term no interest promo deals, I always pay every credit-card in-full monthly since I have carried a credit card. With the Lowes Card, I would think that I was paying enough to not incur any interest charges, but for the above highly obscured reasons, I found that I was wrong. I even one had the GE Capital customer-service rep tell me that she wished that the payment credit terms were spelled our more clearly as it would make her job easier. GE Capital not only needs to spell out the terms more clearly on the r website and printed statement, but also needs to allow the customer to direct which portion of your payment gos to pay down which purchases.

I did finally solve this problem today. I paid the total amount in full, even though I carried a number of interest-free promos with lot of time left, but it’s just is not worth the hassle of dealing with Lowes and GE Capital’s deceptive practices. From now on I’ll use my Discover Card do most of home improvement shopping at Home Depot and Ace, and Lowes can keep their so-call deals.

Resolved horrible customer treatment

Let me tell you a story... A man and his girl decided to purchase a home and start a life together. The home...

Resolved remote control not working

I had 3 ceiling fans professionally installed. One has been erratic since installation and has a mind of its own. The two on my enclosed porch worked fine until yesterday. Now I cant turn one one on and I can't shut the other off.

Resolved terrible customer service

We bought a Samsung dryer two years ago and it broke down (does not heat up). We bought 4 years extended warranty so we called Lowes. They schedule a tech. We had to wait a few days until he came. He came and said he has to order a part. So we waited another week and he came and changed the part. He left and the dyer worked for a day and it broke down again. Had to call Lowes again and wait another few days for the service guy to come. He came and said he needs another part. So we had to wait another week. Then he came and changed another part and said this time it should work. So I washed a load and put it in the dryer. After 20 minutes the dryer still is cold. So called Lowes service center again and a woman called Leslie said she was going to send a different technician on Thursday (which was yesterday). But nobody showed up yesterday. So I just called the service center this morning and they said they don't have a record of Leslie scheduling anything! So I had talked to a ghost at Lowes! Now we are out of a dryer for more than a month! So I asked to talk to a supervisor named Perry. Perry firmly gave me two options: 1. We have to wait at least 3 days until he talkes to the service guy. 2. We have to wait at least 3 days (today is Friday) until his supervisor can call us the earliest 3 days later on Monday. In the meantime, we are still without a functioning dryer. And Perry insists that he was offering us solutions (that is keep letting us to wait). I can't believe it. What kind of employees Lowe's are hiring? This is really low and beyond belief. They have no consideration for customers' concern and need and all they are doing is to lie and stall. I feel sorry that Lowes have such incompetent and uncaring employees on their payroll and I am mad that we still have no dryer after all this waiting. I wish the CEO of Lowe's can read this complaint and do something about it.

lowe's brand new windows make loud noises

We live in sparks oklahoma and bought new windows in febuary 2012 had the installed in march 2012 (from lowe’s in shawnee oklahoma). we have been trying to get an issue taken care of within two days of having our windows installed. there is a whistling sound coming from our windows every time there is a strong wind. the first complaient brought back the same installers that put our windows in.

The window in the living room needed a tiny piece of stripping that he replaced (he saw daylight through the window which I thought should’ve beed found on day (one) of installing and the inspection) and told us the problem was fixed. next he moved to the bedroom windows (we ask that all windows be checked) and he informed us that we didn’t close the windows properly and he closed them and said the problem was fixed there also.

A few days later when the strong winds made the same noises we started calling right away. we have been put off at every turn and we are very unhappy with these windows and people telling us that oklahoma winds sometimes causes problems like this (something about the weepholes around the windows. I don’t care about all that.. I want my windows fixed.

A phone call this morning from mike, we were told we are a ” waiting list” and it will probably be three more weeks ” but the work order has been turned in”. is that suspossed to satisfy us? it doesn’t!!! we moved here from choctaw oklahoma and had brand new windows put in before we sold our house.

We have experienced the oklahoma winds for the past 7 years that we’ve lived here.. but those windows never made nosies like these do, and in fact the windows that were in this old house in sparks, never made noises either and this house was built in the 80′s so please don’t tell me that it’s going to happen sometimes.

I could go and on about how unhappy I am and I don’t care who’s at fault here, the installers, the manufacturer, lowe’s.. please get this problem fixed. now, not three weeks from now! i’d like to know what kind of list we’re on too, that we have to wait that long to get this solved. I would never recomend lowe’s for windows to anybody. that’s a fact!

lowe's problems with dishwasher sales and installation

I am writing to inform you of my recent experience with Lowes. I have been a customer of your store for many years. As recently, as October I spent close to $2000.00 on a new washer dryer, but I will no longer be purchasing anything from Lowes in the future.
This week I made a purchase via your online store. I bought a dishwasher and was told that the delivery was free. They said they would be at my house on Wednesday morning to deliver, install, and remove the broken washer. I rearranged my day, got my son a ride to school, and changed a work commitment so that I would be here for your delivery truck. Two very nice men brought the washer into the kitchen and informed me that they had no idea how to disconnect the current washing machine and that they did not do installation.

I called Lowes in Danvers Massachusetts and spoke with the delivery supervisor named Crit. Crit said he wished he could fix it but there was nothing he could do. It wasn’t his fault that the sales person misled me about installation and he couldn’t “just send someone who was hanging around” to come and solve the problem. I refused to sign for the machine and sent it back with the deliverymen. I then spoke with Hagan in your online customer care department. He apologized for the sales girl who did not give me the proper information and said he would help me solve it. He connected me to the Danvers manager named Matt. Matt said he could have a deliveryman out to my home and would bring the washer back but was charging me $225.00 for installation.

I refused and went to a local storeowner; who charged me the same price as you. He charged me for installation, which I will happily pay because I understood what I was paying for and was not misled. Matt and Crit handled this situation deplorably. He absolutely should not have charged me for installation because it was the fault of a Lowes employee that I was not informed. I am extremely disappointed with the way I was treated. I plan to remodel two bathrooms this summer and will NOT be coming to Lowes for any of my supplies. You have just lost a good customer thanks to extremely poor management.

In this down economy customer service is the one thing that will keep people coming back. You may want to inform your employees of this.

lowe's home improvement really sucks

Bought it. Beautiful. Leaked from day 1. Reworked it and silicone and caulk and even fiberglass repair kit. Still leaks. It is in the design. Hate this thing. Poorly made and Lowes puts in out on display like its royalty. Also, every review at their website says this shower is a pathetic joke, wish I had read them before I bought it. Just once I wish Lowes would stand by what they ” promise “, I dropped off a snowblower for repair. Was “promised ” I would get in back in about 7 days. Ok, so 7 or 8 or 9 days later, you would assume that the work is done and ready for pickup.

Well, I called 5 days after I dropped it off to see how the repair is going and I’m told that it hasn’t even gone out for repair yet. As a matter of fact, it isnt going out for repair for 2 more days. I should be able to pick it up on or about the 25 th. Of the month….( 14 days after I dropped it off ). Letme say this, I don’t care that it will take DOUBLE the time “promised”… I care that I was, mislead at best or lied to at worst…. This is strike 3 for Lowes. As I type this, my Lowes credit card is going through the shredder and I am going to re- new my HomeDepot card….. THE END.

Resolved refusal to record a payment correctly

I unknowingly made two payments within the same billing period. One payment was made before the December due date. Then, because we were going to be out of town, I accidently made my next payment for my January bill a day before the billing cycle was complete for December. I continued to make my regular monthly payments for the next several months on time (several days before the due date) when I began noticing a late fee and a past due amount. I immediately called Lowes thinking they didn't receive a payment or somehting like that. The robot on the phone waived the late fee. The following month, there was that late fee again. This time I pulled up my records and gathered my past statements and discovered they applied my January payment to the December instead of January. I called again and tried to explain this to the representative. She said she understood and would take care of it and waive the late fee. Just recieved my May statement with a past due amount and another late fee. Called again. Spent an hour on the phone on hold for the majority of the time while they transferred me around to various supervisors. In the end, Supervisor #3 finally GOT what I was telling her and, although Supervisor #2 lied and told me he could not pull up my past history, Supervisor #3 was able to do so and agreed that the payment had been made, however, since the credit card reform laws were revised in 2010, they would no longer make adjustments. It is now their guidelines to "encourage" customers to make a double payment to "catch up" and avoid future late charges. Isn't that nice? Since they can no longer collect the fees the way that they have in the past, they have established new guidelines to make it harder for their good customers. If you have a Lowes Credit card, pay it off and refrain from shopping with them.

• Ge
    GECapitalCares May 08, 2012

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 050912_cb_Twin123**

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

• Ki
    KIMBO7154 Jul 13, 2012

So funny that I just got off the phone with Lowes regarding the very same thing! I actually got penalized for making a payment early! I made two payments in the same month and then I was told I only owed 100 payment. Of course when I got my bill there was a late fee and my new payment was 302. I called and even talked to a Supervisor and she said they do not credit a payment made in the same "pay cycle" or month toward payment due the next month! so basically you get penalized if you make an early payment. Of course they told me they would cancel my late fee but I am sure that this is the first card I pay off. with 24% APR and now this scam of penalizing you for an early payment is it.

• Ha
    handygirl Nov 06, 2012

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one that got penalized for making a payment "early" (one day before the billing cycle ended). Isn't that amazing! You're penalized if you make a late payment and you're penalized if you make an early payment. You would honestly think Lowe's would appreciate your making a payment, period! I called to make an automated payment today and it advised me I owed $550 by November 28, 2012. I was connected to an agent who explained to me why I owed that amount--she then connected me to someone in the "hardship" department as I was not able to come up with the whole amount since we are on a fixed income. Since I had made my so-called October payment on Oct.5, that meant, according to Lowe's, that two payments had been made in September since the end of the billing cycle for Sept. ended on Oct.5. Of course I had been a "loyal customer" since 1985 and had not been late on a payment...the person said, however that didn't change the fact that they supposedly could do nothing to apply that payment to October where it was intended to be applied. The agent literally had me audibly crying (maybe I'm a cry baby), but I was trying to contain myself and was sort of silent for a moment, and the agent said, "I know you're there, I can hear you". The ignorant comment took me quite by surprise, I couldn't help I was upset and I tried to explain I get emotional when dealing with situations such as this. The agent asked if I knew anyone in my family or anyone else who could loan me the money to make the "double" payment to "catch me up to date". I advised I didn't rely on anyone else to pay my bills. Short of the story is, I made a $275 payment today (Nov.6) and still owe another at least $275 by Nov.28. I know a billing cycle is a billing cycle...but my goodness...give us a break! Surely to God Lowe's could bend just a little. I'm seriously considering going to my local credit union and borrowing the money to pay Lowe's off, since the interest rate there is less than half that of Lowe's, and take my business elsewhere. Obviously, being a "loyal customer" for 27 years with a good credit history means nothing to Lowe's anymore!

• Fo
    ForrestCo Nov 19, 2012

Also, whatever you do never-ever use your Lowes credit card to carry no-interest promo purchase AND make regular 5% Lowes Card discount purchases. It’s OK to do one or the other but never carry both together. The reason is because when you make a monthly payment, even if it’s above the minimum amount due, even if the payment is enough to cover the 5% discounted purchases in full for that billing period plus the amount to cover any minimum amount due for the no-interest promo purchases, the amount paid for that billing period will be proportionately divided among all of your outstanding credit purchases. This will leave a balance due on the regular 5%-discount purchases which incurs an interest charge which easily offsets any 5% discount saving.

The same goes for returns. If you make a return of an item purchased on your Lowes credit card, and let’s say the item was purchased taking the 5% discounted regular-purchase deal, the return credit will be proportionately divided among your outstanding balances on both interest free-promo purchase and regular purchases. For this reason, your regular purchases balance will be higher that you would expect which will undoubtedly incur unexpected interest charges. In the last two to three years since I’ve had my Lowes credit card featuring the 5% discount deal, I have incurred more interest charges and been on the phone with GE Capital customer service than I have with all the other credit-cards that I’ve carry for over the last 30+years combined. Except for long term no interest promo deals, I always pay every credit-card in-full monthly since I have carried a credit card. With the Lowes Card, I would think that I was paying enough to not incur any interest charges, but for the above highly obscured reasons, I found that I was wrong. I even one had the GE Capital customer-service rep tell me that she wished that the payment credit terms were spelled out clearly as it would make her job easier. GE Capital not only needs to spell out the terms more clearly on the r website and printed statement, but also needs to allow the customer to direct which portion of your payment gos to pay down which purchases.

repair

Bought a power washer 10 months ago, used 2 times. When trying to use it this spring wouldn't start...

Resolved remote not working

I purchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan from Lowes and the remote stopped working. You would think a...

Resolved remote unit in ceiling not working

We have four Harbor Breeze ceiling fans model # 192909. Three of them work fine. One works with the remote to...

stopped va veterans discount at lowe's

I was recently told that you stopped the va discount except for active or retired. Active is away serving as I did for several years, retired is spent 20 years and collecting pension from government and probably went on to put another 20 years with another company and collecting yet another pension and possibly collecting social security as well. Thats 3 incomes against my one small income. So in my opinion you are penalizing those of us who fought for your freedon and some of us lost limbs and some of us spend a lot of time in VA hospitals for injurys received protecting people like you.

WE are the ones who need the discounts, not the active or retired. Once again Corporate Amarica rears its ugly head and takes it out on The little guy. Last year I spent several thousand dollars in your store because of the discount you gave The American Fighting Man. I also purchase a lot of material for my job. NO MORE LOWES FOR US I will also recruit my fellow veterans at the VA hospital to start a revolt against Lowes and anyone else who forgets or doesn’t care about what we fought for.

I will tell everyone I know and meet to take their business back to the LITTLE GUYS that you tried to run out of business Unless by chance you have a change of heart and reinstate the needed discount to those of us who need it. If you would like to reply to me…

no help loading lumber

I am a 65 year old woman and able to do physical lifting—thank goodness—because if I go to Lowes, I know they will never help me load or transfer product to my pickup truck. Today I purchased 27 2 X 6 boards 10 and 8′ long. I asked a male clerk for help who was walking around in the lumber dept and he simply nodded his head and disappeared. He did return when he saw I had loaded up the boards and offered to find more 8′ boards because the bin was empty.

He came back w/ a heister loaded w/ more boards, put them onto the shelf and then disappeared again. When I checked out I told the female cashier that I would like someone to help me load. No one showed up. I loaded my truck with these heavy wet boards and guess who was now being a cashier? The same young fellow. He did stop what he was doing to run out and help another fellow his own age load up his truck w/ plywood. Bypassed me on the way back to grab my cart when I put the final board into my pickup.

This is typical service at lowes. I try not to go there and avoid the place most of the time. I regret going today!! Hope not to give into the convenience of the store location again to buy product. Lowes sucks!!

questionable sales tactics

Before I begin, one has to understand where I come from. I put a lot of stock in my faith. My family, the members of my church, our pastor, and the contractors with whom I am networked (who are either from within my church or of like faith) all hold the concept of integrity, honor, and fidelity very sacred. This is why I post this today, and why I am shocked and disgusted that a company such as Lowe’s would condone such actions from within their staff.
Toward the end of February, the network of contractors I work with were picked for a project for a client at three different locations; a project that will take us well through the spring, summer, and into early fall. To give this client the best possible estimate, an associate of mine (my Church Pastor) and I visited the Lowe’s Store #0615, 10580 Duke Dr., Alpharetta, GA 30004. I went straight away to Commercial Services while my pastor went to a couple different departments to find what we’d needed for this project.
I was met by Amanda. She was young; too young to be knowledgeable for what I was looking for, in my opinion. Surprisingly, she was very helpful and was able to answer my questions as they came up. However, she seemed very eager to secure my order right then and there after I’d already explained what it was I was trying to accomplish at that point in time – only comparative shopping for the sake of the project at hand. She then became visibly frustrated, and began to flirt with me quite aggressively. I made certain that she caught sight of my wedding band, but it was obvious that she paid no mind to such things. She made it evident that she was going to try any tactic she could to secure this sale then and there.
As I was trying to politely wrap up this visit, my Pastor joined us. In an apparent final act of desperation, this Amanda then leans in, quite leeringly, and asks, “What would it take to get you to secure your purchase here, today, and now? I’ll do anything to ensure you both leave happy and with everything you’d both want as men.”
Already uncomfortable with the situation, I politely advised her that we do NOT operate our business in such a manner, bid her good day, and left the store IMMEDIATELY. As we turned to walk away, this young lady also muttered a very UNLADYLIKE dismissal that readily described what she intended to do with us to “secure” this sale. We left, disposing of the notes taken during this visit. and proceeded to discuss our other options as we walked to our vehicle. As we were standing behind our truck, discussing our next destination, and answering/returning a couple of phone calls, Amanda was either leaving for lunch or leaving for the day (it was between 3 and 3:30 pm). She made a point to drive clear across the parking lot, directly to where we were, and then waved a very inappropriate, one fingered hand gesture at us as she sped away. I think I need not tell you which finger.
A day or two later, I phoned this location to speak with a manager about the incident. I was left on hold for fifteen to twenty minutes. Someone returned to my call, asked for my contact information and what the call was in regard to. When I spoke of the situation, I was hung up on and have not heard back since.
I then submitted my complaint to the corporate offices, who have since returned my correspondence with requests for repetitive accounts of the incident, as well as other information not relevant to the subject at hand; obviously not willing to take the matter under investigation or do anything about it.
Our Pastor, having witnessed this incident first hand, has since called for a full church wide boycott of Lowe’s and their subsidiaries, and has passed the call to his colleagues who serve churches/congregations of similar faith and denomination. I know I’ll never shop Lowe’s again, nor will my family.
It’s a shame that a company as big and well known as Lowe’s would encourage their employees to resort to prostitution to make a profit. However, after reading the complaints posted on websites such as this, I can see why their reputation is so bad.