Menu
Jerome's Furniture
reviews & complaints

Jerome's Furniture
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

88 complaints
10 resolved 78 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Jerome's Furniture. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
4:23 pm

Jerome's Furniture - Dining table paramount rectangular table white wood

table received not as describe, missing 2 extended leaves, Thought they can help me right away before the drivers drive far away and so within 10 minutes right after receiving my order Sunday 05/22/2022, I called the Pico Rivera store, spoke to person took my information and promised to call me back shortly but never heard anything since, email sent to customer service, and several texts sent to driver and Customer service. and email sent to Jerome's customer service next day 05/23/2022, still no response up until today 5/24/2022.

Desired outcome: please delivery missing part ASAP or partial refund/credit

K
10:03 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Jerome's Furniture - Eastern king mattresses model JRETFM-108 with JR200FB-1 wireless adjustable

1/9/22, Order 0109202gx83.

I was excited to be getting a new high end quality extra firm mattress. Unfortunately I ended up purchasing the above. I ended up buying the adjustable base, which I like.

I was told that all I needed was firm, not a extra firm mattress with this base. This “firm” bed is not even firm. It is lumpy and uncomfortable. I wake up at night with knee, hip and/or back pain and most days I’m pooped. I also was told that the mattress and my 2 ER ice pillows ($178 each) would be cool and comfortable. I wake up sweating several nights a week. That never happened with my old mattress that I had for 8+ years.

I’ve also got issues with delivery and set up and with my “dream cool” mattress protector which needs to be replaced

Desired outcome: A new “extra cool” mattress and mattress protector pad. Set up to come by and correct mattress placement when mattress is delivered

Update by Karlacano
May 13, 2022 10:07 pm

Disappointed on several issues.

I
10:34 pm

Jerome's Furniture - Adjustable bed

Went to jeromes showroom. The associate confirmed I was purchasing the mattress and frame. I asked her specifically if it was the frame on display. She acknowledged that it was. So I ordered two beds. Upon delivery, I was told that I had only purchased the mattress and box spring, no frame was included. I went back to jeromes and was told the same thing. I told the associate that there was no way I was paying $4,000.00 for two twin mattresses and box springs. She said that once the furniture gets delivered it was final sale. I was sent a text and told that I could get the metal frame. I'm presuming the cheap standard frame. The next day, I received a call from one of the store managers. She said I could get 5% off the purchase of an adjustable frame. I told her that wasn't acceptable. Again I was told once furniture is delivered its final sale. The mattresses were delivered Sunday march27th. They are still not being used because I don't have the frames. Hopefully, Jerome realizes the importance of a satisfied customer and gives me back my $4,000 so I can buy the bed and frames that I'm being told I'm buying.

11:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered my Malone couch and loveseat combo on 9/4/21. The product was “due” to arrive mid October. Delays caused the arrival date to be pushed out to November, then December. I understand there are supply chain issues but Jerome’s didn’t reach out to notify me of these delays. I had to find out by constantly checking the delivery status through the...

B
12:39 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a new mattress. Had to be ordered, delivered, left as arranged at my front door, was in a box. Delivered February 17, 2022. At the time, no disposal of old mattress was done. When I called and spoke to Manager at Murrieta location, March 9, 2022 "Andrew", about having mattress picked up, said they don't, told me to contact recycling centers. Did...

D
7:26 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Moved our Stanza set that we loved. In the process accidentally tore one end of it in different places. Okay, I've got the 5-year Protection Thank God. Called got claim # 5363933. Was told that I moved it and Not a Mover professional that it is not covered. Because I moved it. And that it would have been covered through their company. The plan did not say...

R
3:55 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I purchased a bedroom set march 27, 2021. I got a adjustable bed with both side that adjust. I was not told at the time of the purchase that the bed would move when you lay towards the middle. I called and complained to customer service is corona and was told that I would be receiving ties to hold the bed together so it would not move. I never...

C
12:19 pm

Jerome's Furniture - Loveseat and couch

Loveseat and couch We paid over in $3000. Received one new couch and a used loveseat! I've been promised to receive a new loveseat! I have only received used cat piss scratched loveseats! I cannot get anyone to read Spond to my emails texts or phone calls! I am extremely pissed and Justin NUNN! He still has not returned my calls! Crystal from the same store supposedly Has been giving him my messages! She also is a big liar! I would love for someone to respond to this! I am no longer able to post pictures or complaints on Facebook it only took five weeks! when will I receive my new loveseat? How do I get this resolved? Here's pictures of the cat scratched pissed loveseat that was presented as new! I cannot believe you would present this loveseat as a new item! The loveseat I currently have is also a used item when we moved the loveseat to see if we can figure out why it is not functioning properly toys fell out and a crack pipe! WTF

Desired outcome: I want my new loveseat! I want someone to call me back!

12:12 am

Jerome's Furniture - Alpha chair bed

Purchased the alpha sofa bed and chair bed in September. I received notice that the item wasn't in stock until early October. The order came in within time frame and I scheduled for delivery. Paid extras for the "white glove" service- Carlos delivered and put together the sofa bed and chair- it wasn't until he left that I realized that the chair wasn't put together correctly. I had to wait until Monday to call customer service, I stated That the chair wasn't put together properly and I'm unable to use it. I stated I would like to return the chair or make an exchange… I was told by customer service they have a strict no return/exchange policy and it would take 2 weeks before someone would call me to schedule someone to come out to look at the chair or "fix" it. I now have an expensive chair that I cannot use and still have to pay for!

Desired outcome: Return chair/refund my money

E
11:45 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Never actually wrote a review that starts "if I could give it zero stars I would" but, here I am!! We went to jeromes to purchase a mattress because out old jeromes mattress began sinking where we sleep leading to back pain and horrible nights sleep. This went on for quite some time before I finally reached out. Only to find out the mattress wa...

2:18 pm

Jerome's Furniture - Order schedule delivery

I placed an order on 5/27 for a dinette set, I was told at the time of purchase that the estimated delivery date would be around the 3rd week of july. I called on sunday 7/25 for follow up I was told it wasn't scheduled to be delivered until the end of august, when I asked why the gentleman, not a gentleman, the person, who answered the call was beyond rude and disrespectful. When I asked he's name, he blatantly said I didn't need to know it, and he didn't have to give it to me, I needed to talk to the person who placed my order. He was so horribly rude and that made we think if that is the type of employees you elect to service your customers, then I do not want any part of your store. I will be cancelling my order and will absolutely never shop there again and will be sharing my experiences.

Desired outcome: none.

A
4:41 pm

Jerome's Furniture - King mattress

Worse customer services ever. I bought a mattress four months ago, in two month mattress came out defective. Someone came to my house to inspect the
Mattress and he doesn't listen of me and take the right steps that I told him about what the problem is. And the result was that the mattress has no manufacturing defects identified and
Normal body impressions. I spent more than 2,000,000 dollars and this mattress, my back is killing me, because we can't sleep and one side of the bed and it's not fair that no one could help me, no one solves my problem and they just stole my money.

Jul 27, 2021 2:27 pm

100% agree, they employees need to be educated, however it appears that Jeromes will hire anyone without skill, they are probably low waged paid so Jeromes can increase there profit.

Jerome's Furniture - Warranty Insurance

I file a claim in 2019 with guardian insurance, was told that they no longer provided cover for Jeromes furniture, I call jeromes furniture in Torrance, I spoken with Fred, and he gave me a reference number 1426547 to send to guardian insurance along with pictures, and was told the separation of fabric wasn't cover. So I haven't been able to get anything solve. # 3 picture is the seams pulling apart on sofa, one and two picture is the recliner chair

Thanks
Nathaniel Lewis
Phone number 562-522-7342

Jul 27, 2021 2:25 pm

I had a similar experience with a tufted bed frame that ripped and went through the exact same run around with no resolution. this was crap especially since i paid extra for the insurance. I recently had another bad experience with them, thought i'd learn but was trying to give the benefit of doubt. BIG mistake, they are not better. they should not even be in business, they are horrible and i plan to share this info with anyone looking to shop there.

8:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, My name is Mohammad Zafar and my customer number is 715868. I bought a dinning table set in June 2019 with warranty through Jerome's. Since I bought the table we always had chairs related problem (eg, Loose fitiing and cracked wood, broken parts). We made several service calls for it but not a satisfactory service call outcome. During the first...

H
2:52 am

Jerome's Furniture - Mattress

I purchased a mattress and box spring set and paid extra to have my old mattress set removed. The driver refused to take the old mattress because it wasn't wrapped in plastic. And he refused to leave the new mattress because I couldn't remove the old set for him. There is nothing about this policy on their website it receipt. I've tried all day to reach customer service for redelivery since my husband wrapped them in plastic. I spent hours on hold and never got a confirmation of when my bed will be delivered. I finally got a hold of someone only to discover the driver lied and said my mattress was soiled. There is not one soiled spot anywhere on the mattress! I'm trying to sleep on a recliner with an arthritic hip. I tried calling my sales rep but no response! Horrible customer service.

Desired outcome: TELL ME WHEN I WILL GET MY BED!!!!!

Update by Hermankc
Apr 22, 2021 8:40 pm

Too late. I've cancelled the order. But like everything else with you guys. You said you would email me a cancellation about 3 hours ago and I still don't have it.

3:09 pm

Jerome's Furniture - Rise split cal king adjustable bed

Foot motor for one side stopped working. Email response said was out of warranty. I responded stating I knew that and wanted cost estimate and time to repair. That was a week ago and no one has responded. I've called phone number trying to get service but no one ever answers. I've left call back number twice, no call back. Tried again today, on hold for hour and half, no answer then cut me off.

Desired outcome: Want bed frame motor repaired

D
3:23 pm

Jerome's Furniture - Delivery / customer rep

I placed an order around March 10, upon delivery the delivering team did not unwrap and put the item where it was supposed to go. Instead, they left it in my dining area. I unwrapped it and moved it myself, not easy as I am disabled and already pd 150 for them to do so. I called the store today and was told by the rep what did I expect and they could have just left it outside. She pretty much told me to suck it up not her problem. Wow! I have never had bad service this was the first time. Not only did she have a smart mouth but was extremely rude, I have shopped at Jerome's for years and was about to put in another order. Not today, I will take my 1500 elsewhere.

S
9:17 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In late August 2019, we purchased three bedding sets for our new house from the Jerome's located on Treena Street. One was simply a queen mattress for a headboard/bed frame that we purchased elsewhere (in hindsight, our best decision). The second was a full mattress and box spring with a headboard/bed frame. We have not had issues with either of these...

R
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a power recliner in 2016 and the chair was defected. Guardian protection replaced it with another power chair in 2018. That chair was just as bad. I called Jeromes and then to insurance co and was told there were to many problems with the chair at one time and would not cover. The guardian protection is still covering damages until 2023. No refund of insurance or replacement. Sad

8:38 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My sister and I purchased a Hughes Bar Cabinet (Order ID 0103003LW25) at the Chula Vista store on January 3, 2020. The salesman was Hector Vasquez. He advised us at the time that the cabinet was on backorder, but would be available in a couple of months. I called and spoke to Hector around April 2020, and he explained that with the Covid pandemic it wa...

Jerome's Furniture contacts