Having problems with IKEA?

IKEA Customer Service Contacts

8800 234 5566 (Russia)
800 4532 (UAE)
+31 900 235 4532 (Netherlands)
+1 888 888 4532 (United States)
+44 203 645 0015 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 206 641 (Australia)
+43 800 081 100 (Austria)
+32 27 191 922 (Belgium)
+45 70 150 909 (Denmark)
+353 15 413 300 (Ireland)
+351 800 203 020 (Portugal)
+41 848 801 100 (Switzerland)
+852 31 250 888 (Hong Kong)
+966 920 004 532 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 67 866 868 (Singapore)
+82 16 704 532 (South Korea)
+886 412 8869 (Taiwan)
+66 27 087 999 (Thailand)
Olof Palmestraat 1, 2616 LN

1065 Plains Road East, Burlington ON, L7T 4K1

The United Kingdom & Ireland
Kingston Park, Fletton, Peterborough, PE2 9ET

Italy
Strada Provinciale 208 n. 3, 20061 Carugate (MI)

Portugal

Singapore
60 Tampines North Dr 2, Singapore 528764

Thailand
38 Moo 6 Bangna Km. 8 Bangkaew Bangplee Samutprakarn 10540

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IKEA Customer Service. Initial IKEA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IKEA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IKEA. Discuss the issues you have had with IKEA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

IKEA Complaints & Reviews

IKEARakkstead

I recently purchased this item and is honestly a piece of junk. I had a professional install it and he showed me how faulty the product is. The doors don't even shut properly. I have bought most of 7 bedroom house from ikea over the years but lately there stuff is so rubbish. I want to return this rubbish and get my 750 his back as it's not even worth 300nis.

Rakkstead
Rakkstead

Mar 02, 2021

IKEA — Order on line failure

Placed oder on line three times and each time ikea Stated the bank handling credit card would not accept...

IKEARodulf Standing Desk

I've recently purchased a brand new Rodulf Standing Desk and the black surface on the footposts were scratchedscuffed when I unboxed them, as you can see from the attached pictures.

The Portuguese IKEA store has offered to replace my item as they claimed that this was a packaging issue.
    But If so, I'm terribly afraid to open a brand new box and find the exact same issue??

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

IKEAOrders never delivered

I wait for almost 3 weeks for the scheduled date. I got a call from a very rude driver that couldn't find an address very different from my that IKEA has on file. I contacted customer services abs reschedule it. Orders never show up. I call and rescheduled two orders to be delivered now for third time already and no one arrived! Very frustrating because my wife have to stay home and not even go out for way or shopping. This is ridiculous.

• Updated by Fernando DeFaria · Feb 21, 2021

Ikea, third party delivered companies are the worsening of the industry

IKEACart and Delivery

Your Canadian website claims you deliver "right to your home or office" but asks for a postal code. There are NO postal codes that work so none that you deliver to!!
        One Ikea store does not ship to another (Calgary store to Edmonton Store), nor does your checkout allow you to purchase anything without the 'delivery' info which is NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE.
        I even tried purchasing online so I could pick up in store but, again, the delivery section won't allow me to complete my order and pay for anything.
        So, it would seem that buying online and delivery ARE NOT available at all and I will have to physically make the 8 hr trip to Edmonton to try and see if the products I need are in stock. This is very poor business indeed!!

Cart and Delivery

IKEAProduct delivery, customer service.

I called on February 14, 2021 regarding order number: [protected], placed on 2/5/21.
          I had checked the website and there was no information.
          When I called customer Service, I was asked for my name, address, order number and date. I provided these but was told that was not enough to verify my account!! If I didn't provide an email and phone, they would not help me. Since I did not wish to provide a phone number and hadn't originally, I provided the email but not the phone. The representative refused to help me. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She also initially refused to help but after I provided all the information again, except for the phone number, she agreed to tell me that the order had not yet shipped!! No explanation.
          This is not customer service. This is abuse.
          I would appreciate
          1. Contacting me and providing a reduced price for my order given the inexplicably late delivery and the abusive customer service
          2. A change in your training program. Providing more information than is on the order itself in order to verify customer identity is an attempt to extort information to which you are not entitled and you should cease this intrusive questioning immediately.
          3. Delayed orders should require that customers be notified and a new delivery date set.

IKEADoor for size 201*58*75

I emailed ikea ksa twice and asked the employee in the wardrobe section regarding Wardrobe size 201*58*75 and the answers was -door 195*50 - i went to ikea + i took it by myself + my apartment on 4th floor= finally it was wrong choice. After all of this i emailed them again and the answer was: you can return it back within 90 days! As simple is that!!!

It's just so un polite regarding my time wasted + my effort on nothing / am working woman.

Am so upset of what happening.

Jan 21, 2021

Ikea Charlotte — Hauga bed frame

I purchased a Hauga bed frame from Ikea Charlotte. It was the last in stock. The frame was missing six bolt...

IKEAOrdering online via Ikea.ie website

Hi,
              I have tried to make an order for a bookcase and a shelving unit. Since we are in a total lockdown I have no other way than to order online.

While going through the checkout procedure I ran into a problem. It requires a mobile phone number. There was no way for me to continue the checkout without entering a valid mobile number.
              I only have a land-line number...

My house is located between two hills, there is no cell phone coverage at my house. Now especially with the lockdown, it doesn't make sense for me to get a mobile.
              At the end I entered a number from someone familiar, and my own landline number in the 2nd address line. I hope the delivery driver gets the message in case he needs to call me if he can't find my house (which often is the case as I am quite remote).

I find it very limiting and even a bit discriminating that you can only order things if you have a mobile phone. Nowadays there are even services that instead of receiving TXT messages that a computer voice can call any number and send a voice message. I would have thought that a company like IKEA could well afford that.

Maybe you can send a message to the delivery guy to call my landline [protected] and forget about the cell phone.
              My order id is [protected]

Thanks

Regards,

William

IKEARakkestad wardrobe

On Sunday, January 10, 2021, I purchased a Rakkestad Wardrobe Cabinet.
                I am an 80 year old woman who had a family member put it together. On assembling it together, everything was fine until she assembled the doors.
                As the photo shows below, the doors will not close totally. There is a gap at the top on the left side and a gap at the bottom on the right side. It appears that wood is somewhat bowed.

I am up on the third floor, the item is very heavy and to unassembled it and bring it back is going to be hard for me.

Rakkestad ward/slid dr 46 1/8x69 1/4 "black - 604.537.67

Rakkestad wardrobe
                Rakkestad wardrobe

Jan 05, 2021

IKEA — Refund

I have two letters for two items that were cancelled in November 2020 and the letter states "You will be...

Dec 14, 2020

IKEA — Refund of shelves not delivered

Bought some shelving there and they were never delivered. They were going to refund my money but now say it...

Dec 04, 2020

IKEA — Customer service with returning delivered item

Hello, This message pertains to a complaint regarding continued, yet unsuccessful, attempts to return an...

Nov 17, 2020

IKEA — Billing credit department

I placed an order on ikea website on October 21, I could not go and pick it up and on October 23 I received...

Nov 12, 2020

IKEA — Return & customer service

Hello, On Monday, 9th November 2020, I went to IKEA store in Bucharest (Baneasa), Romania to return an item...

Oct 21, 2020

IKEA — Delivery, customer support, headquarters

I've been trying to contact someone sober, a human being, well trained, responsible, who has an idea about...

Oct 19, 2020

IKEA — ESA

I think that stinks, that you do not allow Emotional Service Animals in your store. In the USA they are...

Sep 18, 2020

IKEA — Customer service

Called their support line and I was hung up 4 times. The site states they are customer service oriented but...

Sep 04, 2020

IKEA — Product was wrong color

My IKEA built-in microwave oven broke down. We ordered a different oven, but had to modify the IKEA cabinet...

Aug 18, 2020

IKEA — Morabo sofa

Delivery guys not wearing masks, attempted to get me to sign acknowledgement of delivery even though sofa wa...