Having problems with Kohl's?

1855 564 5705 (Kohls.com)
1866 887 8884 (Customer Service)
1855 564 5748 (Kohl's Charge)
1855 564 5751 (Yes2You Rewards)
+1 262 703 7000 (Head Office)
+1 877 342 4337 (Merchandise Departments)
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive
Fri1:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sat7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 1:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

Kohlskohls merchandise stolen w/ no purchase protection

At a hotel last weekend our vehicle along with 7 others in the parking lot were broken into. We had merchandise taken that was purchased on our Kohls charge as well as on American Express. While American Express offers a purchase protection plan free of charge and we our card is being credited, Kohls does not. Although the 5 representatives I spoke to at Kohls were all very nice, none could offer any type of compensation other that 30% off a re-purchase, which I often get anyway. When I was asked what I wanted and I suggested a gift card in any amount, I was told they could not do that.

I have been a MVC Kohls customer for 8 years. Because I love Kohls merchandise and prices, I will continue to shop at Kohls, but it will now be much less often. I was in your Kohls store located in Port orange yesterday and was about to make a purchase. I thought gee, I don’t have a charge card so maybe with all the bargains going on I should get one. I have excellent credit and never, never, before in my life have I been denied a credit card. I was shocked and put out. I was holding up a line and everyone around me was aware of my problem. How embarrassing! Why in the world didn’t they just send me to the office to take care of the matter insead of leaving me in that line with everyone getting backed up and getting angry at me for holding up that line.

After I made the purchase and was denied I tried to get answers as to why and no one could help me. I went to the service desk and they let me use their phone with a direct line to the main service department. They couldn’t help me either. I was told someone would contact me within a few days. That is not what I wanted to hear……So I returned my merchandise, told them to forget my application for a charge card and don’t bother me again. I do not like giving out personal data when it is going to sit in some bank station on some computer where who knows what will happen to it. But I do want an answer as to why I was denied and I don’t want to wait for some stupid mail letter.

• Id
      Idocare Apr 26, 2012

Perhaps the AMEX incident did something to your credit rating. You should check this at least 4 times a year. Too many open lines of credit aren't good.

• Ke
      KellyBelly Jul 17, 2012

Honestly, demanding purchase protection from a store credit card is pretty lame. That's what we carry insurance for, to cover the contents of a break in. I fail to see why Kohl's is in any way responsible for your sad circumstance. One of the selling points of an AMEX, is that kind of protection. With Kohl's, it's the discounts provided for holding their credit card.

• Du
      Ducky87 Jul 19, 2012

Kohl's really doesn't have any obligation to replace your stolen merchandise. If they did this sort of thing, people would magically be getting robbed quite often.

Kohl’s Clothes — confusing sales signs

Recently shopped at Kohl’s and this is not the first time I have been totally confused..they place...

Kohlspeople who work there

I love kohl's! I like shopping there alot but last week i went to buy things for my baby. But sadly i found these employ's.One of my children sadly let go of a toy and dropped it on the ground and one of the employee Marisol was very aggressive with my child that he dropped that toy!!! and he is only one what does he know !When i saw that she yelled i my son she gave me a nasty look so i took my child away ! so then minute later i ask her for a shirt size for my child and i asked her if she can help my find the size i was looking for, and she talked to me with a very high voice very aggressive, and she told me "Why are you asking me all the sizes are out here just look for them" and then she walked away so i didn't bother her again!!! Then i walked to the part of the store where they sold house things, i again found another employee named Janice and i asked her for the price of a bed, Vera Wang, and she told me that 'She didn't work in this area so i had to go look for another person" So what i did just left everything that i was going to buy and left! i was mad of how she and the other woman answered me.Sadly i don't know why they even hire these kind of people at that store!This store is located at Santa Clara, Ca..

TayIorErwin Mar 15, 2012

I don't allow my child to run around the store. Whenever we are shopping I leave him in the toy department make sure he has a few toys to keep him busy and then I finish my shopping and come and get him. I make sure he has enough toys to keep him busy. He has once got lost looking for me. That only happened once, and another time a customer thought he was lost, this was at another store and they paged me to collect him. My son does not walk around the store. He quietly plays in the toy area until I come collect him after I am doing my shopping. My son''s father does not like this, his concern is what if he leaves the store. He cannot leave the store because he cannot reach the door handle yet. His concern is what if he follows someone out or leaves through the automatic door. Well if the store had a greeter like Walmart does this would not happen. His other concern is what if someone walks off with him, three are camera's everywhere who would risk walking out with him. Also I know the employees there and they would not let people walk out with him. Besides we have not had any children kidnapped in our neighborhood. I don't abuse my child. The only time I discipline him is when he is crying, then he gets a spanking or has to sit in a dirty diaper until he learns to use his words. He is 18 months old and old enough to use his words. Not that it is any of your business. I would never do more than spank him though. Spanking is not abuse. I would never lose my anger enough to kill him.

TayIorErwin Mar 15, 2012

Thank you, my guess is Tasha hates children and works for Kohl's. Most likely her real name is Janice. Well my son does not know better that is why he dropped the toy on the floor. Luckily I happened walk by to check on him right then or she could have kicked him out of the store. Imagine kicking an 18 month old out of the store without a parent. Or perhaps she would have shooken or hurt him. Glad I walked by at that time.

TayIorErwin Mar 15, 2012

I don't leave him alone in the store. I am in the store with him. I never leave the store with him. I only accidentally left him once and I realized five minutes later that it was my turn with my son. I came back quickly and there he was playing with the toys that I set out for him, safe and sound. Also my trips are faster if I leave him in the toy department. Never had to leave him for more than half an hour.

MauiAL50 Mar 15, 2012

That's right, keep leaving your kid unsupervised and one day you'll find him gone. Then you can complain about how the store doesn't care about their customers because they let your kid get kidnapped.You should NEVER let a young child out of your sight in a public place. My goodness lady, don't you watch the news?

TayIorErwin Mar 15, 2012

He is not going to get kidnapped, there are a lot of security camera's there. I hardly take him shopping at all. I am 17 and live with my parents. They generally babysit him so I can finish high school. Most of the time while I am shopping or going to a party they are taking care of him. They do not want me to live home alone with him because they say I am not responsible enough. I agree, I have school and homework and every weekend I am invited over to a party. I rarely take him shopping and I know exactly where he is and no one is stupid enough to kidnap him while they have camera's rolling.

MauiAL50 Mar 15, 2012

If you think cameras are going to stop a kidnapping you are wrong. They may assist in catching the kidnapper, but by then your kid will be gone. The cameras are not there to watch your kid, they are there to watch for shoplifters. Even if he isn't kidnapped, what if he gets hurt? The toy department is not a day-care center.

Aidan Mar 21, 2012

Oh yeah, cause leaving your devil child to play with the toys in the toy department is a GOOD idea. And you wonder why the associate was a little upset? You understand that they have to clean up the mess you let your child make, right? The toys are not meant to be played with, but to be bought. And the toy department is NOT supposed to be a babysitter. I hope that someone calls CPS on you for leaving the kid unattended. How are the associates supposed to know that child belongs to you? What kind of parent leaves the kid (that's not even 2 years old yet) ALONE across the store as they go and shop? Why don't you just leave him in the car with the windows rolled up? That's just as bad.

You're an awful person, and I'm 90% sure you're exaggerating your claims. And even if you're not? You're one of the few people I think deserves the treatment you got.

Kohl's / Levi Jeansdefective merchandise

I purchased 2 pair Levi 517's Boot Cut from Kohl's on-line. When we received them, the right leg is 1 1/2" longer than the other. Now, we have to return them to Kohl's which is about 6 miles form our residence and then I can't get the 517's as they don't stock them.
      I wrote to Kohl's and Levi's. Kohl's has not responded and Levi's said they would pass the information along to management!
      Now this is what I call customer service. I will never purchase another item from Kohl's or Levi's!!!
      If they would have them manufactured here in the United States, maybe we would get better quality. They are charging us an arm and a leg for their products now and for what?

Kohls — rude

For Christmas i received a beautiful diamond ring from my boyfriend. When i went to go get it sized it wa...

Kohls In Anchoragecrappy merchandise

Everything I have ever got from here falls apart! I also use to work for them and you really don't save anything. They jack there prices up and then put it on sale so when they tell you you saved so much you think you got a deal! Well you didn't there jewelry there is also very cheap quality. I got a gold chain and the first time I wore it my neck broke out! It wasn't real gold! And the management there is very shady! Ppl will work there and leave cause of management! They go threw ppl like crazy. This is the worse kohls ever! And Chad the store manager is fake!

Kohls.comout of stock item

I ordered five Ninja 1100 blenders on 11/26/11 as gifts at Kohls.com. The items were suppose to deliver on 12/8 - 12/16. They notified my on 12/10/11 that they are out of items. I was very mad because if they told me earlier I would have bought some other retailers. This is totally nit right. I lost my sale price. I had to pay more and pay for shipping cost on top. They just kept apologizing but did not offer me alternatives to solve the problem. Not happy and it was wasting of time.

Kohl's Department Storeskohl's doesn't honor their offers

I placed 2 orders with Kohls.com. One was on 11/23/2011 (Order #[protected]) and the second was on 11/25/2011 (Order #[protected]). Bothe orders placed were over $50 so I was due to receive $15 in Kohls cash for each order for a total of $30 in Kohls cash. I did not receive my Kohls cash. On December 6, 2011, I contacted customer service via email to get help with the issue. I received and email back from "Adam P. eService Advocate" stating, that he would resend my certificates, and if I did not receive them to "If you still have not received your Kohl's Cash, please reply to this e-mail so we can resolve this issue" I did not receive so I recontacted, and have since emailed back with "Jason L. eService Advocate" and "Latoya P. eService Advocate" neither of them was willing to honor what Adam P had agreed to and resend my certificates. Both offered to credit an order for the amount, after I placed it. The issue with this, as I explained to Latoya P via email, is that for me to place an order, and then be creditted, I would have to lay out additional monies to do so. In these tight economic times, especially around the holidays, it is tough to scrape out and extra $20, $20 or $40 to hope it will be timely reimbursed, especially when Kohls.com has already not delivered on what Adam P said he would do.

• Pl
                Pleaseuseyourbrain Jan 11, 2012

If you have a kohls card they can credit a future purchase even an in store purchase. Call the number on your card

Kohls — liars

When I fell into financial difficulties as a result of suddenly finding myself unemployed, I asked Kohl...

Kohl's — manager

Yesterday my two year old daughter and I went shopping with my sister. During the time we were at the store I...

Kohl'shassle return

I returned some items from last year to Kohl's dept store with my receipt, that I had purchased on my credit card. The associate said that she had to process it as a return without a receipt and have the corporate office issue me a check for my refund within 7 to 10 days. It took almost a month to receive my refund and it came in the form of a merchandise credit. It took me half a day of calling around to get the issue resolved and I was rudely hung up on 3 times by the corporate operator in the process. I finally called the store mgr and will have to now go back to the store to cash in the merchandise credit to get my refund back. Kohl's claims to have no hassle refunds, but they are nothing but a hassle. They also have the practice of not putting prices on their online invoices making it a hassle to return things in the store because they don't know what the online price was. I am done with Kohl's and their rude employees, poor customer service and hassle refunds.

• Fo
                  Formed Kohls Customer Mar 21, 2012

I agree. It just happened to me through their Winston-salem store. They kept my returned merchandise and cheated my out of my money. It should be called "Bait and Switch" return policy. BOYCOTT KOHLS!!!

Kohlsmerchandise stolen w/ no purchase protection

• Th
                    The Ogre Dec 02, 2011

I dont get people, the last thing I would think of if I had items stolen out of my car would be to go to where I bought them and have them replace them. I bet you would get Kohls to replace the items and still claim them on your car insurance.

Aidan Dec 05, 2011

It isn't Kohl's responsibility to replace your items. That's the thief's responsibility. Get with the police...that's their job.

Aidan Dec 18, 2011

Haha. No, Zachary, I wasn't saying the thief was going to come forward and admit they stole anything. I was saying that once the police find the person, the property will be replaced/paid for. But it's not Kohl's responsibility to make sure that happens.

Kohlsdisreputable company

Kohls (expect great things!) NOT. Kohls is manipulating you and their customer service is lousy and here's my story. Have you noticed everything is always on sale (in reality everything is overpriced then put on sale which is the regular price at most other stores). Kohls gets away with this by adjusting the price up and down by a dollar or so. I recently tried to place on order at Kohls.com and apply my Kohls cash coupons each for $15.00. The website accepted one of my coupons but would not accept the other so I contacted Customer Service. The girl told me "sorry" it's not a valid Kohls Cash number. I asked to talk to a supervisor. She said "sorry" it's not a valid Kohls Cash number. I told her it was, I'm looking at it! It's been run through the register and has a validation code # on it! She put me on hold then came back and said sorry, the clerk at the store forgot to validate it and asked me if it was really busy in the store when I was there! She asked me to drive back to the store and get it validated. I hung up and called their Corporate Office (long distance for me). I requested they call me back since I'm calling long distance and I want some real customer service and I want to place this order using my Kohls cash. You wouldn't believe what she told me. "I can apply your two $15 Kohls cash and you can use your "Yes" Pass for an additional 20% off of your purchase but I hope your order isn't cancelled". I said this is a Christmas gift, what do you mean you hope my order isn't cancelled. She said, "well if the total is under what it costs Kohl for the item, they might cancel your order. I couldn't believe it. I'm never shopping at Kohls again. I'm going to JCPenny's to buy what I was going to purchase at Kohls.

not worth the time Mar 07, 2012

I was a hard working employee there and had worked for Kohl's a little over two yr.'s. I went to the main manager and gave my two wk. notice, thinking it would be somewhat ok when all the manger said ''well that's your choice'' not even looking up! I though how rude ! not even an encouraging word, of course I had better words w/ the one's I worked with they were happy for me.I will never work at this location again if that manager is still working ! The Woodlands, Tx.your management team sucks!

Kohldfalse accused

I was leaving the store with my mother after making a purchase. They asked me to go back into the store. I told them I did nothing wrong. They accused me of stealing putting jewerly in my pocket. I don't do it. I took them everything out of my pockets. I have sere asthma. and my mother was trying to stay claim or I was going to have an attack. The only thing I took in and out of my pockets was my inhalers. I felt so embrassed. I was so mad. A woman tried to close the door on my mother. He didn't say he was sorry. He was going to give me the managers name but not his. My mother got so upset, she started having pains in her stomach, and she has clitis. I used to love Kohl's. They had nice clothes. That I couldn't find anywhere else at good prices, but I do not feel safe there any more. Not when anyone can get falsely accused of anything.

Kohl'sworst experience ever!

I went shopping at kohls in Laredo Tx. I'm a very picky shopper I tend to take long when shopping. I was shopping for my myself and my family as well, I was shopping alone when Im at the men's section picking out clothes for my husband and find a kohls employee starring at me as if I were going to steal something! I felt so uncomfortable and walked toward the shoe department, and what do you know she appears there too! I was so upset I felt as she was being such a prejudice or stereotype! I finally went to the cashier to pay and then again she appeared! I ended up buying $300 worth of clothes. And was very close to just leaving and not buying anything at all!! That was uncalled for and rude!!! If I were to have gotten her name I would of put it up in this complaint!

• CMRVA Nov 16, 2011

Unfortunately, it's the way of the world these days. Retail margins are thinner than ever, every single piece of stolen merchandise represents not only a $ loss, but is a product gone that a legit customer can't buy. I feel the eyes too and get angry for a second, laungh it off after that. Sorry for your angst.

Aidan Nov 30, 2011

Are you sure they weren't...I don't know...working?

Contrary to popular belief, associates do actually work in the stores...and you were in the same side of the store the whole time. That associate you saw probably had to work that entire side of the store. I find it highly unlikely that they were 'watching' you...I think it's more likely they were running around the store, and happened to be where you were.

Don't take things so personally, unless you've actually got something to hide.

Kohlsaccused my wife of stealing

My wife has shopped at Kohls.com and at the retail store in Oxford, Alabama for several years. She bought some shoes online for one of our children, but they did not fit correctly. She took them to the customer service department, and had no trouble exchanging them. The lady at the customer service desk suggested that she put the shoes that were swapped out back in the Kohls.com box in which she brought them in. My wife carried this large box and her purse to the boys department to do some shopping for some jeans for our son. As she went to check out, this man stood and watched her check out. He did not speak to my wife until she had left the store. He stopped my wife just outside the store, and asked her if she had made an online purchase. She was scared, but she answered him "yes". He then asked her to step back into the store and pulls some i.d. card out of his wallet. He, as we found out later, was the loss prevention manager. My wife asked why, and he said "that he could not see her put the jeans back on the shelf in the video" My wife immediately dropped her box of shoes to the floor and told him to look in it...and to also look in her purse, and her jacket. She did not steal any damn jeans or anything else from that store. She was extremely embarrassed and upset to be accused of stealing from a store that we have spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in the past 4 years with. We have filed a formal complaint, and will encourage everyone to NEVER SHOP AT A KOHLS location. We have cancelled our account, and will never shop there again.

Kohls — bad quality clothing

Write your review, complaint or question here and add as much detail as possible so the Business you review...

Kohl'sblack friday service

We went to the Kohl's in Palmdale, Ca this Black Friday morning at 5am. We were finished shopping at 5:30am. Due to bad management resulting in confusing extreme lines, we did not leave the store until 7:30am. Two hours waiting in line!! I will not be going back to Kohl's for next years Black Friday sales event. We visited several other stores, JCPenney's, Target, Bath Works, etc. None at the long lines that were so bad at Kohl's.
                          We should have just turned around and left when we saw so many people not moving in line.

Aidan Oct 06, 2011

I don't know why you're upset. Black Friday is always busy. Everywhere. Two hours in line is actually moving pretty quickly. It's not their fault that you chose to wait. They did the best they could with the crowd that came to shop. And why are you only just now posting this? How ridiculous.

• Ti
                              Timothypetrov Dec 28, 2011

Like you said, you would have been better off turning around and going somewhere else. Black Friday is the busiest day of the year in the retail industry. The employees are sleep deprived and are working as quickly as they can. Don't shop on Black Friday if you expect a speedy checkout.

• Gi
                              GinGinGin Nov 27, 2015

My complaint has to do with the checkout, although another aspect. Of course, cashiers were rushed, so this was not the cashier's fault, rather the insistence of Kohl's to only use the credit part of my Visa debit. When it rang up wrong as there were many components to it, coupons, etc., and it was voided the first time, it wasn't able to be voided completely and that original ring up and amount debited is still is showing up at my bank. The cashier rang it up the second time correctly. However, both times are being debited by my bank now, showing up even though the manager near to our area assured me it wasn't going to show both times. She seemed doubtful though, and I know everyone was rushed, but I'm kinda left holding the bag with the money gone from my account, both transactions, one voided supposedly, and one correct, till this rights itself or I am able to talk to the right person to correct the error.

Kohls Department Storecredit card abusive practices

Awful billing practices, awful customer service. Paid my bill on time but the company processed my payment the next day and charged me a $10.00 late fee. Called Customer Service and they agreed to reverse the late fee since I paid it on time. No apology though. On my next bill, minimum payment quadrupled and there was a late fee added for not paying the late fee they agreed to reverse. Several calls to customer service were met with pretty obnoxious attitudes. The last CS rep said they would continue to add late fees to the late fee they were reversing until I paid it. So they were adding late fees to the late fees to the late fees until I paid the money I didn't owe. No one at Kohl's thought this was totally insane. Finally filed a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and am awaiting resolution. BTW I have never missed a payment nor have I ever had a late payment so I'm as far from a deadbeat as you can get. If this is how they treat a good customer, I wonder what they do to people struggling to pay their bills in this economy.
                            Spend your money with a company that cares for their customers not Kohls.

Aidan Oct 06, 2011

I'm going to assume that you payed your bill online.

Please be sure you READ what's presented to you.

Paying your bill online means that you're subject to whatever they decide to do. It says on the page that all payments put in after a certain time will be processed the next day. That's likely what happened to you.

They didn't have to reverse the late fee. In fact, the representative probably wasn't allowed to reverse it, and thus it didn't happen. They charged you a late fee on the late fee, because you didn't pay them the money that YOU OWE THEM.

That's your fault. If you don't pay on time, you owe extra money. That's how it is. If you don't pay the extra money, you owe more money on the extra money.

Kohl's didn't do anything wrong. You did.

Kohlskohls online

I recently purchased 2 wallets on Kohls.com for my daughter and I. I received 2 packages today one with my wallet the other contained a silver tank top with sequines all over it. I looked at the packing slip and saw it said my daughter pewter wallet. I called the 800 number to let them know the packing slip listed the wallet but was a tank top. I was told in order to get the correct item I needed to do 1 of 2 things. 1 drive to a Kohls, return the tank top, receive a gift card, come home make a new order use the gift card but pay shipping again as it would be a new order. OR I could reorder on the phone again with the customer service charge my credit card again and then when I had time I could go to a Kohls store and return the tank top and get a gift card for later use. NOT!! I was unable to get any help even from managers. I just dont understand why I have to run all over town to fix their mistake. This will be the LAST time I use Kohls online or in person. They are very much against good customer service. Most businesses will send you the correct item right away with a return label to send the wrong or damaged item back.

• Bo
                                  Bonnie Lesando Dec 16, 2014

My order that I filled out on line was not working so I called your site. Not only was the site not working but I was speaking to people that had a hard time understanding what I was trying to tell them. I asked where they were located and they said Mexico. Why would Khols outsource their labor to another country leaving their customers to try and get their information to people that have a hard time understanding.