Menu
JC Penney
reviews & complaints

JC Penney
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1276 complaints
144 resolved 1132 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of JC Penney. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
W
4:42 pm EST

JC Penney - Chair Delivery

I ordered a rocking chair on 10/28/21 with a promise to call by 12/15/21 for delivery. I heard nothing after a month and a half of waiting. Called JCPenny and was put on hold for 20 min straight after explaining how disappointed I was with the lack of outreach from the organization on the delay. Was advised the manufacturer had delays and promised it would be delivered sometime after January 2022. Expressed my concern over no one owning the issue to communicate to the customer the status of the order and disappointed on the open-ended delivery date of sometime in 2022 (maybe I will get it by May 2022). Escalated to a second-tier phone supervisor who promised to call with an update from the manufacture by 12/24/21 (within a week of the call I am describing). I haven't heard back from anyone at JCPenny as of 12/27/21. I've spent an hour and a half of my personal time on JCPenny's issues already.

Desired outcome: Ownership from JCPenny to Keep the Customer Updated

1:00 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had spent about $1, 600 worth of Jewelry before my wedding on November 2021, for which I had received $60 worth of JCP Rewards. I redeemed the $60 by spending another few hundred before the wedding and I acquired another $40 that needed to be spent before mid-December 2021. After I came back from my wedding, I bought a ring that was on a sale for $140, I...

6:20 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On December 6th I placed an order. On the 10th I received a notice the item had shipped. I checked and a label had been created. I received two more notices that this item had shipped (label created only). On December 18th I called "customer service" to cancel as this item never left the warehouse and I would not have it when needed. I spoke to 3 different...

L
11:28 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sent this email to The District Manager with no response. JC Penney Portraits Memorial City Mall Odems, Latrell Mon 12/13/2021 9:49 AM Good Morning, I hope all is well! This morning I have spoken to to Jason Peterson manager of the JC Penney at Memorial City Mall. We discussed my unfortunate experience on 12/12/2021. He states I should contact you...

M
10:00 pm EST

JC Penney - Wedding band

JCPenney lost my wedding ring! It was sent out for repairs as the diamond went missing after being married for 3 weeks. It came back and was a completely different ring. They acted like I was stupid and crazy. Eventually they believed me and ordered a replacement. Apparently that ring was lost also! After that, they did nothing to fix the issue and said it wasn't their problem. Terrible customer service.

R
6:57 pm EST

JC Penney - Mattress warranty replacement

We purchased a sealy mattress 8-25-2018 with cash on a gift card. It has a 10 year warranty. It is defective and needs to be replaced. The process of the replacement is to come up with another 800.00 along with a restocking charge before we can be reimbursed for the faulty mattress. The mattress cost 502.88 on sale and we don't have that much on the credit card.
Since the mattress is faulty then JCP should be sending a new replacement instead of us having to fork out money we already did. In my opinion this is wrong. There has to be another way.

View 0 more photos

Faulty Sealy Mattress

M
3:01 pm EST

JC Penney - A ring purchased that is only 3 months old

I bought a bridal set in July 2021 and received it in August 2021... it is now November 2021 and one of the set's has fallen out (diamond) When I called to see if it can be fixed or exchanged I was told there was no warranty on it. Are you kidding me? This ring is 3 months old. I have reported you to the BBB. All I want is an exchange or it fixed. I am hoping we can resolve this matter. When you buy something do you expect it to be of good quality and last for more than 3 months? Your website was not clear on needing the protection you offer... most places offer protection after a warranty is out but yet you have NO warranty that is bad business. I will do everything in my power to let anybody and everybody know what a sorry company you are!

Desired outcome: Exchange or replace the diamond

B
12:55 pm EST

JC Penney - Suitcase

I will never shop nor will anyone from where I work shop at JCPenneys.

We bought a suitcase to carry a robot to a conference. The robot didn't fit, so we didn't use it.

When we got back from the conference 11/2- 11/6 and had time to return it 1-1/2 week later they refused to take it back. (11/16/21)

She said a strap was missing but it was there. She had it flip out of the bag.

She said the zipper was broke but when I try it after leaving it zip all the way up.

She said there was scratches but it was dust and I showed her how it would wipe off.

Nothing wrong with the suitcase, it was never used, tag was still on the suitcase. No wonder why JCPenneys is going under. Staff is terrible.

Desired outcome: Refund

JC Penney - Bright Ideas Flyer

My name is Annette Maurer and I received your flyer in the mail. I would like to request that you change your style of advertising and issue mailings that tell us what your coupons offer and not the restrictions. I am 81 years old and read the "fine print" and gave up after three sentences. It is confusing and way too detailed. Do you really expect customers to process all the restrictions of your mere 30% off in store and JCPj.com Nov. 8-21 coupon. I was interested in purchasing a Timex Watch and thought that I would save some money and receive 30% off and even an additional 10%. I ask your advertisers to take the time and read your exclusions and explain to me what your motives are to your customers. Do you expect to get a response ( like me) and go to the store with expectations of a 30% off and then decide to buy the product anyway? What do you have to say. Please respond to my e-mail.

Desired outcome: A prompt response.

C
5:40 pm EDT

JC Penney - I have not receive my order

Order #2021-2743-1174-8957
1.sterling silver 24 inch solid rope chain neglace product 24inch
2.sterling silver 20 inch solid rope necklace

Desired outcome: I am still waiting for my order

10:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 9/23/21 I was sold two incorrect items while shopping at JcPenney Sephora. I called customer service to inform them of this matter. This occurred at store 2941- in Moore, Oklahoma 2400 S Service Road with my transaction number 7190. I called Sephora JcPenney on Monday and spoke with DeeDee - when I explained to her that two of the items I had purchased...

L
2:49 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Greetings, This my official first notification to file a formal complaint against the JCP online dep and several of the customer reps to include Supervisor Jade, I placed an order for a party dress needed very importantly for a business event in Texas next week. I ordered in enough time for the "correct" order to be in and tried on in case of tailoring...

8:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took my ring in. They've had it for 2 months. Called each week and went to the store. Was always told it's being repaired. Finally after 2 months they tell me it was damaged during repair... They said I would get a credit and would not be getting my ring back. Bullshit. I told her I want my ring even if it wasn't fixed. My receipt says if not repaired...

W

JC Penney - No service therefore no product.

For years I have ordered online from JCPenney. I have never had a problem until now. There has never been an issue. They always took my money. Not this time for whatever reason. That is one of the problems. They can't give me a reason as to why I am unable to order. At one point a couple years ago, I had the unpleasant experience of a "porch pirate" who stole a return package which was placed on my front porch. JCP did reimburse me for which I was grateful. Apparently, all of the sudden, they are holding that against ME? New personnel? Need better personnel training? Really JCPenney? Very poor!

Desired outcome: Get your act together

D
4:12 pm EDT

JC Penney - Penneys salon river hills mall mankato mn 56001

I had my hair done august 1 2021 was supposed to be done a dark auburn with red highlights when I got done I looked like alvira totally black no red highlights I was very upset it looked awful. It cost me 75.00. I want to fantastic sams the next day to have it fixed it cost me 140.00 to bleach and recolor to the colors I am used too. When I called to complain they told me that I was rude which I might have been because I was so upset over what they did. They said there was nothing they could do because I had it redone somewhere else> do I look like a fool? Would you go back there for a 2nd time? I asked them to reimberse the cost of there mistake and they refused to work with me. The manager whoever she is was very rude and they used to be the best place in town I can see why your stores are not doing well with people like her treating customers like crap she is like never there and is very rude my motto is the customer is always right! Never will return there

Desired outcome: My money back 75.00

1:16 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sabra mccloud was on the phone for an hour 1/2 trying to see why I hadn't receive my warranty for sapphire earrings/neckless I was tranfered rep after rep with no help they said I needed a receipt in order to process the warranty I did't get a receipt with my order because of jcpenney not sending me a receipt now I have to do their job the first rep who...

F
9:29 pm EDT

JC Penney - Stafford briefs

I purchased 4 - 6 packs of stafford dry cool briefs jcp white lk township mich and paid for them with my card ending in 351 61 on 6/16/21
I have been buying the stafford brand from jcp for over 55 years because good product up to the new purchase of these briefs. I attempted to wear these and am so disappointed on the fitting, to put it briefly everything hangs out the opening and bottom. This is totally unacceptable and will not wear them Two of the paks are still sealed. Quality control was missed on this design. Please advise I would be reluctant to donate to any charity

Fred Chartier
email [email protected]

C
9:54 am EDT

JC Penney - A dresser

bought unit in April, paid with pay pal. JC Penney said there was a problem with payment, I paid again from another account, it's now July 9th, I have still not received merchandise. I have tried dealing with company to no avail, I see that they have filed for bankruptcy and I'm thinking I will not receive merchandise or my money back!

Hello,
In reply your order new ETA is 7/14.. WE do apologize for the wait. I hope that you found this helpful.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail or call our JCPenney Furniture Customer Care Center at 1-800-442-7902.

Sincerely,
shari

Furniture Advocate Team
Reach out to us on Twitter @AskJcp! Like us on Facebook!

Want the latest coupons and offers? Savings are just a swipe or tap away!

Download the JCPenney app today!

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

My name is Charles Skinner, my order number is : 2021112413989358

-----Original Message-----
From: JCPenney Customer Service
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, May 29, 2021 12:09 pm
Subject: Re: update order payment

Hello,
In reply, We do truly apologize for any delays with your order. Can you please provide us your first and last name with your order number so we can resolve your issue ASAP. We would be more than happy to assist and keep you as an loyal customer. Thank you .

Sincerely,
shari

Furniture Advocate Team
Reach out to us on Twitter @AskJcp! Like us on Facebook!

Want the latest coupons and offers? Savings are just a swipe or tap away!

Download the JCPenney app today!

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

I'm sending this email to tell you how disgusted I am with jc penney, twice I have made a major purchase within the last 6 months, I was jerked around on the first order and now you are jerking me around again! I can guaranty you will never see me deal with your company again and I will let my friends on Facebook know about the terrible service.

-----Original Message-----
From: JCPenney Customer Service
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, May 16, 2021 8:54 am
Subject: Re: update order payment

Hello Charles,

Thank you for contacting the e-mail team. I will be happy to assist with your order. I show your order is processing. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for being a valued JCPenney customer! We hope that you will shop with us again soon online or in a JCPenney store! If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this e-mail, or call our JCPenney Customer Care Center at 1-800-322-1189. Order Summary

Subtotal:

Qty: 1

Expected Ship Date: 05/24/2021

$304.00

Reply Reply All Forward

Desired outcome: would like the merchandise

9:26 pm EDT

JC Penney - Swimsuit

I ordered a tankini swimsuit online. When I received my swimsuit I only got the top. I am supposed to swim with no bottoms? No where on line did it say the bottoms were an extra price. I called customer service they told me it was a separate price which I refused to pay. They refused to make it right and on top of that I have to pay my own shipping cost to return it. Penny's is a fraud, has very poor customer service and I will never buy anything from them again. It is not if they cant afford to send me my bottoms for free. I guess I will have to get my suit somewhere else. GOOD -BYE to one of your long time customers. I will be sure to spread the word to all my friends and family.

Order #2021-1774-1244-6689

Desired outcome: I want my bottoms which I was supposed to get with my order.

12:03 pm EDT

JC Penney - Scheduling and billing

My daughter worked part time for JC Penny's in St. Peter's mo mall. They kept changing her hours to make her full time without her permission. She was bullied by a manger and other employees. She got a full time job making more money and they begged her to stay. She told them the days she could work and hours ( only part time!). The scheduler put her on full time hours which she couldn't work and interfered with her other job hours! I don't think it's even legal for them to just change you to full time when you are not!
When they called her because she didn't come in, then texted her she was pissed off and just never answered or went back in!
They need to fix their crap and stop messing with their employees hours. The managers/ scheduling obviously don't know what they are doing!
It's not even legal to do what they did to her!

Desired outcome: They need to fix their management and scheduler!

JC Penney contacts