ADVERTISIMENT

Int*intelius SbI was charged and have no idea what that is

If you select a promotional price on the intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of identity protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19. 95 monthly.

However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want identity protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.

Please call [protected] monday to friday from 5am to 8pm and saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Jun 14, 2011

Please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Al
    AL PALACIOS Jun 21, 2016

I was charged $9.95 and will like to know what the charge is for, I do not used your services, don't know what u offered and I don't need it, I just want my money back and also, how did u get my card number?, H. Palacios

• Cl
    Clarence Scott Jun 09, 2013

I had the same problem but after I contacted my bank they were able to get me reimbursed for 12 months though they kept the other 12 months.

• In
    Intelius_Customer_Support1 Apr 03, 2013

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. The majority of our memberships are activated through either the acceptance of discounted pricing for individual reports, or through the acceptance of a full page offer advertised just prior to viewing the report. All of our offers describe the specifics of the service, including billing. Additionally, all of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

• Cr
    cry and rik Feb 23, 2013

I was charged and I need to get this taken care of. NOW

• Vi
    Victim of Intelius Int sb Feb 21, 2013

I have been charged 19.95 for over a year. We need to get our money back! This is a criminal company!!!

• Ce
    Cecil L Danley Feb 19, 2013

Charging my Discover card account with a monthly fee that I never authorized.

• Mi
    mike2345 Nov 05, 2012

I'm in South Carolina and did a reverse phone number lookup.. one time charge of like 1.99.. now they have billed me for 49.99..

• Bm
    Bmini123gerenda Bowman Aug 05, 2012

i cannot find how to delete or stop these payments, not listed with my bank as a regular payment, just shows up on monthly
    statement

• Ar
    Arne Spiermann Jun 25, 2012

I have accepted a one-time look up for a phone number for 95 cents. But now I am being charge 19.95 dollars twice a month.

www.intelius.com should be black listed.

Sandra Zastawecky May 16, 2012

I canceled, according to what i thought a cancelation was but, this month i got hit with a new charge for $24.99!!! Enough is enough! What else do l need to do to get rid of them? Can someone help me?!

• Pr
    princessleya Apr 15, 2012

I found out I have been charged too...how do I stop this and get the refound back? plase help me1!!!

• Ay
    Aye82 Mar 26, 2012

I just noticed that I was being charge for months. Int*Intelius SB has been stealing my money.

markamcclendon Mar 13, 2012

i used them to look up a number for 0.99 one time charge. the next day they took 19.95 and 0.99 out ofg my account. i called and told them i never agreed to this and was told i can cancel . so the one number cost me 21 bucks. no 7 days trial nothing . just should of said 21.00 to use one time not 0.99. no refund try to give me a membership for 14.95 a month. I want blood

SANDRA L. WILLIAMS Mar 07, 2012

PLEASE CANCEL THIS I DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE!!!

James Callahan Dec 17, 2011

• Ni
    Nie Holam Nov 01, 2011

In January of 2011, I signed up with Intelius to look up a phone number for me for the fee of $0.99. I understood that with it, I would have to sign up for a free trial membership with the company but could cancel prior to free trial ending. I found the service to not be helpful but figured that for $0.99, there's not much I could really expect. Shortly after, I canceled the membership that I was OBLIGATED to sign up for. I just realized today that I had still been charged $19.95 ever since then. I should have reviewed all the charges on my statement sooner but I've never experienced this type of unethical practice before. When I contacted Itelius about these unauthorized charges, they stated that I didn't completely cancel my account as I was misled to believe. Intelius purposely manipulates customers by signing them up for TWO memberships. So while I assumed I canceled my account with them, they happily charged me for something I did not want or ask for. I am outraged that they are able to continue to cheat people out of their hard earned money. I spoke with Manual and then his supervisor Kim (#8738) and while they repeated their scripted apology, stated that they could only give me a refund for three months. They know that they are wrong but are only willing to resolve 30% of their crimes.

Notta Sucker Oct 31, 2011

I just wonder WHY they (INT*INTELIUS SB ) are allowed to continue to advertise on this site, considering that there are at least 10 other complaints listed at the top of this page under the heading:
    "More INT*INTELIUS SB complaints". Yet their reverse phone number lookup ads rotate through the prime advertising spot at the top center of this page. Who'da thunk it???

• Ca
    $cammers must die! Oct 31, 2011

I just found out about Intelius today when I looked at my most recent credit card bill. I've never heard of them, nor have I searched for anyones records online, but sure enough they have charged my card no less than 12 times in the past week. Who the #@%$ are these guys? How did they get my credit card number? I made a call to them and the customer support was very vague and unhelpful. First of all, I am not a "customer" of yours, I just want to know how you are scamming me. I find it funny that they also offer identity theft protection while they simultaneously rack up bogus credit card charges, sounds kind of like paying the mafia for "protection". When confronted about these charges, the operator wanted me to give him my credit card number and all sorts of other personal information so that he could look up my charges. Seriously? I think that they have more than enough to go already, given that they are trying to rip me off! No way was I going to give him anything. These guys need to be shut down!

norbelis Sep 22, 2011

i am norbelis fonseca and i dont resive any informasion yet

annafrickey Sep 18, 2011

I've never even used their site for ANYTHING!! NEVER HEARD OF IT!! till I got two charges on my account today! and of course they aren't open until MONDAY!

christel washington Sep 01, 2011

They need personal info bc they try and protect YOU. All you have to do is give them the mail that you somehow..(WHILE LOOKING UP NUMBERS OR CREDIT OR ANYTHING IN THAT NATURE ) gave and they will be able to help you and remove the charges.

christel washington Sep 01, 2011

I had no problemps with this, i was charged 19.95 and all i had to do was call them and they were more then helpfull and cancled it!

• Sh
    shaima71 Aug 05, 2011

i have the same problems intellius is what and why monthly charges??? what are they charging me for???

• Ti
    Tinman111 Jul 12, 2011

I have no clue what these charges are, but I put a stop payment on them and will be filing a complaint with the attorney general in AZ. I also contacted them and they need personal information before they will discuss the charges. I hope there will be a class action suit as this is fraudulent.

• Rr
    rrsr Jun 25, 2011

I have two $19.95 charges on my credit card account one or two days apart which I don't understand. I must have subscribed to a service unknowingly and would appreciate a refund to my credit caard.
    Roger V. Rowe

• Wh
    Whitefoote Jun 13, 2011

My checking account was charged 19.97

• Dr
    Drdingo Jun 11, 2011

I'v also been charged for many months and want to get my money back! if anyone gets any info that could help...plez post it here...i will be cak if i find out anything that could help!

• Ap
    aprilsecor Jun 09, 2011

they took 14.95 from my credit card and i dont know why or what this is...

charles manson Jun 09, 2011

I also have no clue who these people, company, or person is. We need to get our money back ASAP. Look how much money they have made off of us. There's probably 1, 000 more out there that haven't even realized it yet! How do we get them caught?

• Jp
    j p sarkis May 24, 2011

we were charged 19.95 to our master card credit card and we do not know why and how

• Da
    dajman311 May 17, 2011

This company has been unknowingly charging my grandmother 19.95 a month for TWO YEARS. The kicker? SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TURN A COMPUTER ON. I'm not sure what needs to be done, but we WILL be contacting an attorney.

James1956 May 16, 2011

Have not a clue how this charge got onto my credit card. $19.95 appeared several months ago. I called [protected] number listed by the charge. Not there on there on the weekends. Typed in there name and found this website...what a surprise..it is a scam. I will fight for all of my money back.

James1956 May 16, 2011

I noticed this same $19.95 charge on my statement several months ago. Not a clue to what it was. I typed in the name..found this website of complaints. Hoping I get results when I call the phone number..I want all of my money back, as this has gone on for several months.

• Re
    Recover funds 11 May 06, 2011

I've just noticed the $19.95 being charged each month also. Called the number above to cancel and they did. The rep was a smooth talker that made it all sound so good. They could not retro the termination though. Anything we can do to recocover any of this would be great!

• Ya
    YamahaBoost Apr 20, 2011

Let's Get em. I just noticed it; copied it over to Google and got this thread. Seems that a lot of people could be impacted. I am in the midwest; USA. Has anyone checked out "the fine print" yet? I assume there is some and if they told us up front that this would/could happen we may not have a case. I don't know either way, have not checked it out myself yet. I am all for getting some money back...they have been charging me for many YEARS. The $19.95 that everyone is mentioning. Just found it amongest my zillion transactions..i should pay more attention. :)

nothappy1989 Apr 20, 2011

I just noticed this charge on my statement. I was curious as to what this was and I found this site. I then went back to my statements. Turns out I have been getting charged since December 17, 2010 and only now am I noticing it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! WHO IS WITH ME???

• Ki
    KILLERBUNNY Apr 16, 2011

I agree class action law-suit, I want my money back and money for bad practice. These guys have probably made millions and I say we bankrupt them.

• Ca
    candif30 Apr 04, 2011

i agree i was charged 19.95 and then 20.49 and it keeps going i cancelled any services that says i was with and they still charge me i want my money back, this is bull, im a single mother of a baby and no car what do i need 24 hour asst for like come off it inteluis stop being like this and give our money back like wtf

• Ro
    RONALD R Mar 29, 2011

this co. is a rip off .idid a phone # look up for .99 cent only .now they are taking out 19.99 . I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• Fo
    FoxValley Mar 22, 2011

I had a same charges in my account and only way I could contact these dopes was using the number [protected] listed on this post. Their website even doesn't publish this number. They are simply a scam. Never register with http://www.intelius.com/

Comment Guidelines