Lumosity.com / Lumos Labs Logo

Lumosity.com / Lumos Labs

Having problems with Lumosity.com / Lumos Labs?

140 New Montgomery Street, Fl 19
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lumosity.com / Lumos Labs.

Complaints & Reviews

May 26, 2019

Lumosity — score numbers

Dear Lumosity Complaint Department, I am frustrated with your score numbers as they are the same no matter...

Aug 25, 2018

Lumosity.com / Lumos Labs — brain games renewal

I was surprised to see the renewal of the Lumosity Brain Games for a charge of $59.95. As much as I have...

Lumosity — online cognitive games

On 9/7/2017 my debit card was charged $59.95, transaction number 930394, Lumosity order # [protected] and last...

Lumosity.comunauthorized withdrawal against debit card

Had subscribed to Lumosity for over 4 years, but decided to cancel earlier this year. Contacted them and requested they cancel the auto-renewal of my subscription. Was surprised to see to a Lumosity charge of $79.95 against my checking account this month. This was odd because the method of payment I had on file most recently with them was a credit card, and it had since been canceled. It became obvious that Lumosity kept my payment details from years ago, even though I had no longer authorized them to use my debit card, and they apparently kept trying until they found a payment method that would permit the unauthorized charge to go through.

Notified my bank, and they are reporting this a fraud case. Recommend you do the same if you experience this issue with Lumosity.

Lumosity.comdon't buy lumosity on itunes and don't expect support if you have a problem

I loved Lumosity and subscribed for 2 annual subscriptions in the past. I recently renewed my subscription through iTunes not thinking about any "terms & conditions" difference between doing it through the browser or otherwise. I had fun and quickly decided I wanted to upgrade to a Family Subscription. Lumosity's "Family Subscription" links took me to my account page where there was clearly no option to upgrade. After digging I found a page indicating that if I signed up through iTunes I should send an email if I want to upgrade. So, I sent an email and I was coldly told that no upgrade was possible if I signed up through iTunes and "Ashley" advised that I should disable auto-renew and just wait till my current subscription expires. Then I can upgrade to the family plan. Well, thanks to all the Lumosity training my brain is working well enough to know that it is a very stupid suggestion to wait 12 months for my subscription to expire to add the rest of my family because Lumosity's management doesn't have the flexibility to accommodate a long-term customer who renewed under the wrong platform and wants to upgrade and buy more from the company. The crass answer from the "help desk" left such a bad taste in my mouth I just want to drop the whole thing. If I had just signed up through a browser or Google Play, I could just cancel within 30 days and get my money back. Or, if I had just gone with the monthly plan... no problem. But, a good customer ready to pay a year up front, and then even more to include the rest of his family

Lumosity.comi'm very disappointed.

I subscribed for few years and really enjoyed the product. However, there was one thing I didn't know about. The subscription was set to auto-renew and every time it was renewed automatically by default. I realised it when I discovered that my credit card was charged several times. I wasn't planning to continue using their service, so I filled out an online cancellation form. I thought I did everything right, but for no reason Lumosity didn't cancel my subscription. I contacted the company and was offered a refund, but several months passed and still no money. I'm very disappointed.

Lumosity.comauto-renewal

I paid for Lumosity on 9/17/2014 and used it for a few weeks. After becoming disillusioned with the program, I CANCELED the auto-renewal. I checked back many times to make sure I was still canceled. To my disbelief, I received a notification from my credit card company that I had been charged for another full year.

I logged into my account and it had been changed back to auto-renewal. I emailed them and immediately filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

My credit card still had it on "pending, " so I could not file a complaint yet. on 9/18/2015, I received an email from Lumosity that my refund was being applied immediately. I also received my case number from BBB and they would be contacting Lumosity as this is something Lumosity does on a regular basis.

I filed a complaint with my credit card this morning. I am so angry that a company would stoop so low as to change back cancellations.

Lumosity.comunauthorized charge

There is a charge on my debit card for $79.95. The description on my bank transaction log is "Purchase Lumosity.com 8777770502CA. card 0832" The date of the transaction is 9/17/15. I did not order this and want the charge reverses ASAP.
          T.he name on the card is Patsy J Flaniken
          This charge put me in an overdraft situation. The overdraft charge is $12.50. I want that refunded to me also.

• Pa
              Patsy Flaniken Sep 19, 2015

This charge appeared on 9/17/15 in my bank account. I did not authorize it. I want the charge and the overdraft charge refunded to my account.

• Me
              meysembourg Nov 30, 2015

I did not authorize the charge on my paypal account on 11-30-2015 the transaction ID is 3GB1367892412702F. I do not want to renew my membership. My email is [protected]@msn.com Thank you

• Kl
              klewi39 Apr 22, 2016

I have a charge on my credit card for $22.50 which I did not authorize. I want this and any future charges removed from my card ending in 4041. the card is Keith D Lewis and the reference on the charge is2490641FZOPJKYXEV.

Lumositywon't reply to my submit a request emails

I was having trouble resetting my password. Lumosity offered GREAT customer support. They determined that the problem was because I set my account up for my son who was under the age of 13 at the time. They said if I filled out a permission form, they would be able to allow me to reset the password. I filled out the form, mailed it to them, and have not heard anything from them since that time. I have sent emails to the original customer support people. No reply. I have sent additional "submit a request" forms. No reply. I have asked for someone to PLEASE respond. Nothing. My son has now missed out on a month's worth of training that has already been paid for. I am surprised by how poor the customer service has been because it was initially so great.

Lumositydeceptive billing

Lumosity is hiding information and the capability for a subscriber to cancel your subscription.

The Account Settings page makes no mention of the fact that your billing is set up through iTunes and cancellation needs to be done through iTunes. The "Help" page has been broken for the last 3 months (or at least since when i first tried to use it) - how convenient

If it doesn't occur to you that the billing is through iTunes (I'm not used to this - made plenty of app purchases but no subscription purchases), then you're left scratching your head over how you have a full access plan with no billing information on file.

deceptive billing
              deceptive billing

Lumosity — debited my card wo permission

I joined Lumosity last year, but rarely used it at all. I am retired and on a fixed income. I would have...

Lumosity.com / Charge — charged for another year without permission.

Please credit my charge card for $79.95 which you took out of my account July 3, 2014. You have my email...

Lumositychanged criteria

I have had Lumosity for quite some time. Last year I decided to try to raise the score and I was really successful and then it became very laborious. I did manage to raise my percentile score to the 99. percentage across the board. Then they changed the algorhythims. I tried a new game and the allover score dropped 35 points. I complained and all I got was a defense of their product. When I told them to cancel the account, they said sorry can't give you a refund because you paid over 30 days ago. I told them to stop defending their nonsense and listen. I don't really care about the money but will not ever use this again. It was ok for the moment, but never again!

Lumosityrobbing money in public

Auto renewal on monthly subscription is no less than robbing someone's money in pubic and later state that they are allowed to do so because of their policy. They have been pulling money from my credit card for the last 5 months, without sending me an email or informing me. They have all the time in the world to send the promotional stuffs in our junk mail, but their policy wont allow to inform someone that they are taking money from their pocket. So unfortunate that i cant find a place where i can file this complaint and take them to the court.

Sam99922 Jul 21, 2014

Having the same problem with them here in Australia, get out of them asp they are a scam.

Lumosityauto renewal

If you read this, just get out of Lumosity
                    I started to play it on 2014.01.03 and subscribed it with a credit card
                    and almost after one month, I made another payment with the same credit card on 2014.01.31
                    A month later, I stopped playing. it was exactly 2014.02.27.
                    But they just keep alerting and annoying me with a "daily reminder"
                    I was wondering why they do this on me when I am done with them??????
                    And I found that I was still paying them!!!
                    They billed me extra three times on 2014.02.03, 2014.03.01, 2014.03.03
                    I understand the payment on 2014.03.01 because my subscription to this scam site was AUTO-RENEWAL which I am really upset about. They never told me about it!!!
                    but it doesn't matter anymore, because the two payments on 2014.02.03, 2014.03.03 are just the greatest scam I ve ever seen.
                    As said above, they billed me on 2014.01.31 and 2014.03.01(which is against my will) and they just billed me two days after those days!!! And I am not alone, this happened to many people, and their explanation is "We didn't do it"
                    Are you kidding me? i really want to shut down Lumosity badly

Lumosityfamily plan failure

Lumosity - Family Plan Option is failing with absolutely no help or response from the company. I have gone to their "Help" desk option explained the problem and have had no assistance at all.

While I can access as the main account holder none of my family can access their accounts as part of the4 family plan. This is very suss and looks like a complete rip-off!!

Beware. By the way does anyone have a direct email to this company?

Cheers

Nathan

Lumositycant use website unless you pay

I signed up for their supposedly free brain improving games. Got confirmation email I was now a registered user of their website. Had a confirm email address link to click. Did that and used my login to access the website. After a lengthy menu driven list of what I wanted to accomplish with my memory skills, then a message appears saying I cannot unlock those braim training games I had selected previousl. But to now unlock them, I would have to pay using my CC info! Repeatedly tried logging out and then logging in again to get access to those games, but site said they needed to be unlockedso I would have full access!
                        To put a stop to that selected my account then deleted it. Then got message saying if I deleted my account I would no longer be able to train my brain by playing their brain improvement games! Yet I never once was able to play anything at this scamming website! So I still cancelled my account by deleting it, then logged out of this scam of a website.

Lumositystealing money

This company charged me for an annual renewal which they automatically opted me in for via fine print. They did not notify me when they were going to charge me the renewal. When I discovered it they refused to refund the fee because it had been more than 30 days, but I did not notice the charge because I had not been notified. I had not used their service for over a year and in fact I tried to cancel soon after I signed up but there was no way to cancel as there was no contact information on their website.

Lumosity.comunauthorized charge

I paid a full year's access to Lumosity's brain training program ($79.95), but when my credit card was deactivated, Lumosity blocked my access even though it was paid full. I sent an email to inquire but got no response. Then a year later, I activated my credit card, and I just found from my card statement that Lumosity charged another $79.95 without any notification. I cannot believe this type of company can legally exist.

Ann Stewart Oct 05, 2013

Horrendous customer service. Very creepy! Tried to cancel after realizing that they took 62.73 out of my checking, after stating that they would be taking 5.22. Unable to contact through their website ( will not let me send my request), and cannot reach them by phone ( phone # [protected]). I am so creeped out by this experience. A fly by night operation that doesnt care about customer satisfaction, or anything but making money off of us!

• Me
                                MeishaML Mar 27, 2015

Am extremely dissatisfied.. I had a family and friends account; they did not like and would not use. I called and cancelled my automatic renewal last year (I was being billed $129.99). I just found out that they charged me credit card another $129.99. I have been unable to talk to them. I have sent another email request and have additionally left a voicemail which will probably not be answered even though I left all of my contact information. I am going to check into alternative measures I can take if they do not refund my money..

• Na
                                Nadine Hamilton May 08, 2015

My account number is [protected] and I wish to discontinue my subscription to lumosity. It has been charged to my credit card, please reverse the amount from my card. Nadine Hamilton I can be reached at [protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com.
                                Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
                                Nadine Hamilton

• Hr
                                Hrry C.pickyp Aug 17, 2015

I do not wish to renew my lumosity account, My na, e is Harry C, Pickup
                                harry.[protected]@yahoo.com
                                [protected]

• Su
                                sue shanaberger Dec 02, 2015

I just received my Visa statement and to my surprise I saw a payment of 79.95 to your company.

Months ago I attempted to close this account, and thought that the closure was in effect. I have not attempted to play these games since then. As the action was so long ago, I am unable to say for sure how I cancelled this program.

Please close this account and credit my Visa account.

Sincerely, Mary Sue Shanaberger

Jay Melugin Mar 14, 2016

Lumosity is s scam being investigated by the Federal Govt. They ignored my request to cancel their service (which was worhless). I notified them over 1 year ago and now I find that my PayPal account has been charged again for "renewal" BEWARE of the thieves, they are scammers. It is noteworthy that after a media blitz 2 years ago, they no longer advertise.

Lumositywrongfully charged over and over

Auto renew should be illegal.i signed up for a 30 day trial with lumosity.com as advertised on television and I trusted that company with my credit card information and I declined the monthly membership! However lumosity set me up on "auto renew" which is another term for monthly charge. It is credit card abuse and a violation of a of our civil liberty to conduct business and trust a companies professionalism.i am beyond disappointed and their customer service is horrible. As a hard working human being I strongly advise not giving your credit card information to lumosity.com. They say they are in the brain traing business but they are in the pick pocketing business! Jesus bless you.

• Hallie_Lumosity Jan 10, 2013

Sorry for any confusion! Lumosity is a subscription site, like Netflix or your cell phone plan. All Lumosity subscriptions are set up with with automatic renewal, which can be cancelled at any time. You can find this information on our Terms of Service, our purchase page, under "your account" after logging in and in the purchase confirmation we emailed you.

Did you try to cancel renewal via your account pages or by contacting us via our help desk? If you did you should not have been charged for renewal. Contact us via the help desk now and we can look into what may have happened. Here's a direct link: https://help.lumosity.com/home