Having problems with Intelius?

Intelius Customer Service Contacts

Thu5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 4:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Intelius Customer Service. Initial Intelius complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Intelius above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Intelius. Discuss the issues you have had with Intelius and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Intelius Complaints & Reviews

InteliusAddress/People search site

While reviewing my bank account statement I learned that I had been charged $29.95 for 1 month after I purchased an address look-up from Intelius. The look-up only cost $0.95 but they subscribed me to some service without my knowledge or permission and charged my debit card without any notification for a stupid "Identity Protect" service that I didn't want/need. I have cancelled my membership and was of no success on trying to request a refund for what the site charged me. I am trying to find help or advice on how I can receive a full refund for the $29.95 plus tax and to cut ties completely without any harassment or any other tr9ubles i might possibly receive from the company. Please advise with any help or suggestions that might assist me in achieving my desired outcome.

My email address I signed up under is:

and my name is:
Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith

Address/People search site

InteliusBogus membership that they added to my account.

This is curtis Mclean and I am extremely angered to find out you charged my acct 2 times for 29.95 I am at the lowest point with no friggin income due to this covid [censored] and then to find out my acct is getting hit with charges when I was told I was doing a lousy 95 cents for a phone look up. I havent used the acct once and I am filing a complaint with better business beurea. Hit peoples acct with ridiculous charges. I cant eat this week because you have tried up my funds. I am a extremely disabled Male with a progressive debilitating illness and I dont need this crap in my life at this point. I want this taken care of, I dont use the phone as I cant hear well enough and am lucky to have my friends daughter to help me with this on the laptop she owns. I am done trying to cancel this stuff. I want this taken off my acct and refunded. This is bogus. Curtis McLean [protected]@gmail.com.

Bogus membership that they added to my account.
    Bogus membership that they added to my account.

Inteliusrefund

My card was charged 29.95 without my permission i have not signed up for any subscriptions and i want you to refund my money that is not fair to me that you just charge my card for something i don't want and did not even use i tried contacting customer service but it keeps saying closed i really need a response and a refund on my end because i was not notified anything was being taken off my card and i was not satisfied this service is horrible and i need my money back to me ASAP my email is [protected]@gmail.com for contacts

Inteliusunauthorized monthly charges to my checking account in the amount of $119.80

I used this service once to find/confirm past residential addresses of mine for a job application.

I see numerous charges over months to my personal checking account.

$29.95 on Oct 15
        $29.95 on Sept 12
        $29.95 on Aug 12
        $29.95 on July 12

-Darby Erin

Inteliuspeople search rip off

I paid for a one tinme fee of $29.95 on Sept. 29, 2019 to do a person search. They have since started billing me monthly. They are making it difficult for me to sign in and cancel the charges.
          looks like they make the money by ripping people off.
          Also the background check was pathetic. They only showed basic information that you can get for fee on the net.
          ep 29 2019

Intelius Automatic Payment
          Loading transaction details for Intelius Automatic Payment
          - negative $29.95
          Online Services
          There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Center to view status.

Oct. 22, 2019

Purchase details
          Purchase amount
          $29.95

Inteliusproduct/ scam

$29 was taken out of my account and I don't know what for. I am requesting a refund and a cancellation! I used this site one time only and they changed me and I got one piece of information, so why was I charged $29. I'm 65 years old on a fixed income. I can't afford this. Please look into this and refund my money. Thanks for letting me leave this message. Hope to hear from someone. [protected]@yahoo.com

Inteliuspch*intelius

I never once put down my credit card or personal address information while accessing the site I didn't make any authorization or purchases for any subscription.. and yet I'm getting charged for a $39.95 monthly subscription.

How are they even doing this? This should be absolutely illegal.

I called my bank and told them this was never authorized by me and now I had to cancel my card and have a new one replaced.

Inteliussubscription

I had signed up for the 7 day free trial to try it out but wasn't what I expected at all, didn't get any of the information the page had told me I'd be able to obtain, waste of time that's the reason why I cancelled it and still got charged for the month after cancelled on the 7 day free trial. Can I get my refund for the month I was charged? Greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Inteliusfraudulent membership created in my name & fraudulent charges on my bank account

An account was opened without my creating it & when I saw the first charge a month ago, I emailed and called Intelius advising this was not an account I created & I wanted it cancelled AND REQUESTED A REFUND OF THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES.
                  The rep assured me it was cancelled & I did receive a refund a few days later. Imagine my anger tonight while checking my card statement online, and I see I was charged an ADDITIONAL $29.95 to my MasterCard ending in 5317 for a fraudulent account using my name (Kelly Collins) that I was assured had been cancelled.
                  The account was set up under
                  [protected]@gmail.com
                  BUT, my personal email address is
                  [protected]@gmail.com
                  Just a 1 number difference!
                  I'M LIVID!!

Inteliusmembership

Cant [censored]ing cancel this membership.

The [censored] directions they give on their site do not contain the 'Cancel My Membership' link as they listed below. They have [censored]ing charged me $29.95 for 5 months now. I want my [censored]ing money back.

You can cancel your membership directly from Intelius Premier.

To cancel your Intelius Premier membership, follow these steps:
                    Go to www.intelius.com/premier and sign in to your account.
                    Click the My Account tab.
                    On the My Account page, under My Membership, click the Cancel My Membership link.
                    A window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to cancel your membership. If you do so, another window will appear with a printable Cancellation Confirmation. If you require additional assistance, please call [protected], Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time.

Inteliusunethical behaviour

i signed up for a 99 cent trial. tried to cancel after that because i was not able to do anything on the site. couldn't cancel. kept telling me there would be a place soon where i would be able to do that. never showed up in my in box. shortly after that i was charged 39.95 for a service i do not want. i tried to log in and couldn't. asked 3 times for a code so i could use a new password and sign in . each time it said it was sending a code to my hotmail and each time nothing came. they are scamming me out of my money and i cannot find a way to get rid of them. Please help!!

Jan 30, 2019

Intellius — website for locating information

SCAM - They discreetly sign you up for a monthly fee and then it is impossible to have the monthly fee...

InteliusCharges to my paypal account

You charged me 3 months service of 29.95 per month for services I did not approve. I have already stopped your ability to withdraw money from my paypal account and I also started a claim with paypal to recover those 3 months you stole from me. I also plan on contacting the better business bureau and report you there as well if I dont hear from you. My paypal email is [protected]@yahoo.com please put 3 months payments of 29.95 x3 months back into my paypal account to cease any further actions from me! Billy kimbro

• Ll
                            Llshb605 Sep 21, 2020

Also the DONOTPAY app will help anyone else scammed by this company. The app will draft court papers and all.

• Ll
                            Llshb605 Sep 21, 2020

I will also be reporting to the BBB your company is stealing peoples money. I see I’m not the only one. I will now get my lawyer involved as this is illegal. I’ve got screenshot of me telling you to cancel and not charge me Anything but you did anyway you literally took food out of me and my daughters mouth. I will be taking you to court

• Sk
                            Skip Ferine May 18, 2020

I was billed 32.05 for the a months service that I canceled. Transaction # for PayPal is 9WM97299GT090952F. I am asking for a refund to my PayPal account. NOTE: getting through to your customer service department took me 20 minutes and previously after at least that time or more I had personal business to attend to and could not wait for an service representative. I'm caring for my 94 year old Mother and I am 74. I hope you understand my predicament and refund my fee ASAP.

Walter Ferine.

Intelius — three different charges posting to my bank account

I have 3 different charges pending to my bank account. One is in the amount of $19.95, $29.95, $39.95. I have...

Inteliusscam!!! they are stealing my money!!!

Without authorization they are taking $29.95 a month out of my bank account. I paid for a one time search for $2.95 then a month and a half later they just began taking money out of my account with no way to remove my card from the profile nor is there an easy way to remove the account. I am so angry I want to drive to the home office and show them why you do not mess with people and why you do not steal from hardworking Americans.. I am at my limit and they refuse to even reply to my complaints. THIS IS A SCAM and if you do a white pages search you get the exact same information and its more up to date. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR BANKING INFORMATION YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

Inteliuscomplaint

I thought maybe l will use intelius so l filled out all my information even my credit card, as it said 0.99 or 0.95, but after l completed my information l read further and could not quite understand the charges and with that l decided not to request any information, so in short l have not received any information. I'm concerned as it looks like they plan to charge regardless that i've not used their service and theirs page is like a fly trap if that is so, don't l deserve the right to change my mind, especially that your business has not given me anything. L grid to remove my information but so far what it says to do to cancel is not there

• Updated by Sunfish21 · Jun 06, 2018

intellius Flytrap

Sandra Kirkland Jun 29, 2018

I just signed up for one month o f classmates because I had been receiving emails that other former classmates had viewed or messaged me. When I went to the Web site, I discovered that this was not true. I have tried to cancel this, , but there is no way to do so. I hope the phone number is not bogus.

Inteliusmisleading advertising

I would like a full refund please. I have already paid for two different things and still do not have access to the records I originally was trying to purchase. I do not want to continue to be billed for any of your services. what I actually bought was not what I wanted. it was not explained clearly and seems to me that the intention was to trick people into having to spend more and more money. the whole thing is completely misleading. please refund all of my money immediately and cancel my subscription or I will have to contact the better business bureau. thank you.

Inteliusintelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.

Intelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.
                                · there were absolutely no service or product rendered in exchange for the money intelius removed from my account.
                                · after contacting intelius several time to explain the details, intelius terms of service would not return the money even though no services were rendered.
                                · I made a small one time service purchase. intelius states that a clause during checkout entitled them to continue to bill for no additional request for service.
                                · the clause was not prevalent (hidden) because I was careful not to agree to or did I want any service contract throughout the initial purchase.
                                · most companies, with a reasonable business model, would consider this overlooked mistake grounds for a full refund.
                                · intelius has chosen to take the low road of hidden fees and contracts with a policy of not returning money for no service rendered.

Inteliusrepeated charges on my credit card

I purchased a.95 cent search in october 2016 and since that time they have been charging my card $29.95 per month which was not authorized! this is a total scam. I would never have knowingly purchased a subscription for this unless it was hidden. I want all the charges taken off. I have never received any goods or services for this. refund my $359.40 I am filing a report with cfpb and the state ag immediately.

Intelius.combait and switch. single report $1.00 but billed $30

They intice one into a report for a dollar, but in the fine print bills $30 on ones crdit card. the "cart" does not reviel the $30 charge. so it looks like you just paying for a onetime reportfor one search result.

For example today it says,
                                    "people search report

Aliases
                                    Phone number
                                    Relatives
                                    Address history

Premier member, you get this report at no charge!

No charge view report

So you might think its free for today.

• Updated by Vegan life · Mar 29, 2017

Here is the receipt of the Original Transaction:

Phone Report #[protected] $0.95
                                        Tax $0.08
                                        Total $1.03
                                        Intelius Premier Plus #[protected]

NOTE: Your card statement will show 2 line items.
                                        INO*INTELIUS.COM/RT $1.03