Having problems with Intelius?

C/O Intelius, 500 108th Ave. NE, 16th Floor
Fri5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Inteliuscontinued billing after ending subscription

I keep being billed for services I do not want and did not get. I want this subscription for services stopped!!! I do not want it.

• In
      Intelius_Customer_Support1 Apr 20, 2012

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Intelius — scam? oh, yes!

Very interesting. The registration asks if you want identity protect, and allows you to reject it. But once...

Int Intelius Cm WAfraudulent charges

Fraudulent and Unauthorized Charges:
    Just today 031212, I discovered that these people offer a onetime reverse phone look up for a small fee $0.95 that I accepted to pay on the 092711, when I gave them my payment information on 092711 just to pay this $ 0.95, they started charging to my credit card a monthly subscription of $ 19, 95 to the service for a monthly fee that I never asked, even though I said NO to the monthly subscription.

Int*intelius Sb — unauthorized charges

These people offer a one time reverse phone look up for a small fee $2 to $5 then when you give them your...

Intelius Sbunauthorized billing

Online, mail, or telephone transaction

Both charges are bogus

• Wo
          wonder wong Jan 02, 2011

The company charged my credit card without any service required by me. It is commercial crime, some US authority should take action against this company as it does affect the reputation of USA business trading

• Pe
          Pepou14 Oct 25, 2011

I was charged $19.95 by Intelius SB on my credit card. I have never authorized this charge. The phone number [protected] WA is disconnected. These people are crooks. Always verify your statement carefully.

• Sm
          Smart User Jan 26, 2012

those looks like you selected a promotional price that got you subscribed to a membership. most likely you also have a .99 cents. even better, read the emails you've been getting from them. <facepalm>

• Rk
          rkfnahs Feb 11, 2012

this company took $19.95 from me. I have no clue what is the company it is. and i really want my money back

• Kd
          Kdap May 25, 2012

I paid somewhere around $4.95 for a reverse look up on one occasion. I immediately cancelled the service after and was charged $21.67 on my last credit card statement. When I called Intelius to look into this, they said their hours started at 5:00 A.M., but no one responded. I am very frustrated.

Int*intelius — monthly charge

I am being charged $19.95 a month for services neither requested nor do I have any prior knowledge of dealing...

Inteliusbe aware

I searched a phone number on google and saw a link to this company. I received a guarantee that I would be given the contact information of a person who called me. I would pay 95 cents for a trial and then I would get the information. after paying for the trial I was given information that was not at all helpful. I wasn't even given a name even though I was promised to be given a correct name.
        They said satisfaction was guaranteed so I contacted them to try to cancel my order and my membership. iwas told that I could get intelius credit but not a refund which annoyed me but it was just 95 cents so oh well. however 7 days later I was charged $19.95 for a membership even though I had already contacted intelius trying to cancel my order before the 7 days were up. I ended up paying $21 for nothing...

• Ro
            ross2012 May 16, 2012

The fact that your office closed out my complaint is tantamount to the police telling a stop sign violator that they dropped charges since driver eventually did stop later that week.

Can't the state of Washington realize that due to the sheer numbers of consumer complaints against Intelius that hundreds of victims can't all be accused of not being bright enough to click the proper button for the .95 one time special look-up and not "a club membership" for $19.95?

I now consider the office of the Attorney Generals office complicit in the fraudulent practices commonplace to Intelius day to day business. I am also copy and pasteing this correspondence to the many blogs Googled as "Intelius Scam"

Your State legislative branch is corrupt due to non-enforcement of Internet trade practices.

Larry Ross
            Lyons Colorado 80540

--- On Tue, 5/15/12, ATG MI Seattle CRC (ATGDBOLYPRD06) <[protected]@atg.wa.gov> wrote:

From: ATG MI Seattle CRC (ATGDBOLYPRD06) <[protected]@atg.wa.gov>

Larry Ross

RE: Intelius

File #: Complaint 408470

Dear Larry Ross:

Our office has received a response from Intelius indicating adjustment of your complaint. We have included a copy of the correspondence for your records.

Based on this response, we are closing our file. You may contact us if the adjustment is not made. Your complaint will remain as part of our public record of the firm’s business practices.

Our office is happy to have been of service to you.

Sincerely,

Enclosure

RE: Larry Ross
            File #: 408470 Complaint
            Hello KELLY OSHIRO:
            Intelius customers are presented with a two tier pricing structure when purchasing reports on the Intelius website. They have the option of paying the full price, or a discounted promotional price which includes a 7 day trial in the Identity Protect subscription offered through Intelius. When a customer selects the promotional price, they are redirected to a full page display that describes in detail the benefits of the subscription and the terms and conditions of the offer. By choosing to proceed with the purchase at the promotional price, the customer agrees to the terms and conditions of the promotional offer.
            In this case, Mr. Ross accepted the promotional offer and signed up for the Intelius Identity Protect membership.
            As requested, Mr. Ross’ Identity Protect membership was canceled on 05/08/2012 within the 7 day trial. The pending transaction of $19.95 was canceled and should be available within 3-5 business days.
            We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter and apologize for any inconvenience.
            Regards,
            Shane Stendell
            Customer Concerns Manager
            P.O. Box 808
            Bothell, WA 98041
            www.intelius.com

Int*intelius Sb - WA — I have been charged 19.95 for months

I have been charged since april to november by this company, for a lookup that I did on april. I never signed...

Int Intelius Cmfrud charge to my card

This company charge my card for $115.00 and I don't know how they got my card number. I want my account credit

• Intelius's response · Jul 13, 2010

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius's response · Nov 15, 2011

If you still need assistance with your account please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

• Mo
              Molly N Jul 09, 2010

They charge e $19.95 a month and refuse to credit my money back.

• Re
              Rebekah IchigoWolf Jul 14, 2010

I have had the same thing happen to me. I have life-lock! Why would i even sign up for a 7 day trial? Since i didn't know i was getting this service (which i have been paying for for almost a year), I can't cancel it online (because I don't know where to go). I have been on hold for 20 minutes so far. OK, they canceled it. But it's still horrible that they don't refund you your money, considering that I NEVER wanted this service in the first place!!! This company has to scam people to make money, so don't trust them to protect your identity. LifeLock rocks!

Int Intelius Sb — internet scam

If you select a promotional price on the intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of...

Intelius — unauthorized credit card charges

I had two charges on my bank account for $19.95 from them. I had done an address search for .99 and 1.95 that...

Intelius — fraud

Intelius has charged a $19.95 and $49.95 transaction fee to my Credit Card without my authorization. Inteliu...

Us Search - Intelius — false/innacurate information

Intelius and US Search are one in the same company. Do not be fooled by either as their research on...

Inteliusinaccurate / old information

Paid over $100 in Sept. 2011 for what they advertised as current information for a background check on an individual & her husband. What I got was at least 2-year old or more information that was very outdated and did not even show the individual's criminal past that was in 2006/2007. I found more current information as well as her criminal history by researching online myself - for free!!! I then called Intellius to inquire about getting some if not all of my money back, but they refused. I do not recommend paying this company for any people search or background information, especially when you can use Google and just find it yourself. They will not do refunds - so be wary and do not be tempted by their advertising of providing 'current' information. It is simply not true.

• Intelius's response · Sep 21, 2011

f you still require assistance with your account, please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

matlock1981 Nov 15, 2011

@ Intelius_Customer_Support

mommacat1954 just said that she called your customer service to get her money back and they didn't do squat for her!! Why are you reiterating to call this bogus number for again?..."more than happy to assist you" if you were she would of gotten her money refunded back to her already and we wouldn't be arguing about this right now!!!

Inteliusrefusal to remove information

I entered my personal information including credit card number and address on the Intelius website thinking I was getting a year's subscription. I quickly realized this was not the case. I tried to remove my information but the site would not let me do that. I called the company and was told "it is our policy to retain all information entered on our site indefinitely". I made no purchases and the whole time elapsed was only an hour. I asked for a supervisor and was given a representative with a very adolescent presentation who hung up on me when I kept asking for her supervisor. Then I was blocked from going back to the site to try again to remove my personal information. It is very unnerving to know that this company which deals in providing personal information for a fee to anyone who asks, has collected and intends to distribute this personal information and intends to keep on file my credit information without my agreement and in spite of my repeated requests not to do this. I changed my credit card number immediately but there remains the feeling that I have been the victim of a virtual mugging.
              I will make formal complaints to the BBB and any other relevant agency.

• Intelius's response · Aug 12, 2011

If you need further assistance with your account, please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Inteliusplease cancel automatic payment

Recently I tried Intelius Services for the 7-day free trial. It has since gone to regular subscription status, and two payments of $19.95 have now been deducted from my checking account, the most recent being done on August 8.

Please CANCEL this subscription effective immediately.

Thank you, M.E. Carew

• On
                    ONESICKPUPPY Nov 09, 2011

JUST SAY DISPUTE THEY HAVE TO REFUND ALL CHARGES, ONCE A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP GETS ON THE PHONE AND YOU PROVIDE ALL YOUR INFO TO THEM FIRST AND LAST NAME AND THE BILLING ADDRESS AND THEY SAY THANK YOU HOW CAN I HELP YOU TODAY? SAY I AM DISPUTING ALL OF THE MEMBERSHIP CHARGES!!! THEY HAVE TO REFUND EVERYTHING I USED TO WORK THERE TRUST ME I KNOW, AND THEY HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY DISPUTE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ALL OF YOUR MONEY BACK TRY IT!!!

Inteliusconfidential information

I noticed on the web that age and places of residence was freely publicly displayed. I would would like it removed from the web as it is confidential information with a privacy act. I have been stalked and harassed and do not appreciate this. I have consulted with my cousin who is part of the police force and he mentioned that this type of information is confidential and should not be freely publicly displayed and it normally is accessible on the web for a nominal fee. Please remove age and places of residence from the web.
                  tracie.[protected]@spps.org

• Intelius's response · Aug 01, 2011

To accurately suppress that data, we recommend you follow the ‘opt out’ process found on the Intelius website at http://www.intelius.com/privacy.php . Please review the “How to Remove your Information from the Intelius Public Records Databases” section of the policy.

• In
                      Internet Control Oct 17, 2011

Intelius has been under suspicion for fraudulent practices for several years, and continues to be. If you need to remove your personal information from the Intelius website, do NOT submit a copy of your driver's license to Intelius, even if your picture is blocked out. They will use your driver's license information and to either post it on another of their internet sites or sell it to another internet marketing company. Contact the State of Washington Attorney General and file a complaint: 206.464.6684. Additionally, at this link, you will find CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT information posted by the Washington State Office of the Attorney General against Intelius. http://atg.wa.gov/searchresults.aspx?qs=intelius

Their claim that your information is public record is misleading. Although information concerning addresses, and nearest relatives is public record, under normal circumstances it would take a trip to a local county clerk office to pull the records. Thus, the identity of the person inquiring would be disclosed to the city clerk or employee. Intelius, on the other hand, is making records easily accessible without accountability from inquirers. This has led to the endangerment of the safety of numerous individuals. File a complaint with the Attorney General of Washington State suggesting a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Inteliusrip off

I wasa looking for a relative and paid for one month. the report had five-yearold records, which was no help. thewn Intellus billed me four month in a row for services i did not use or want. It's a rip off!!when I tried to contact them they were not responsive and it took two more months to try and get the billing stopped. I was tricked into a membership when their advertisement stated I could pay for just one report. The information was not compleat and to get more info I was asked to pay $49.00 more.

• Intelius's response · Nov 02, 2009

If you require further assistance, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Jun 22, 2011

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Na
                        nancy Jun 28, 2008

Intellius would not write a letter to my bank in order for me to get reverse bank charges a total of 8 removed which zapped my payroll check. I tried to explain that the customer service rep said that she would remove a request but then did not. This is when the domino effect started at my bank. They are a fraudulent company. They are a web scam and have many umbrellas companies under them.

• St
                        Steve Jul 09, 2008

They have been outed-they are crooks!

Int*intelius Sb 877 - 974 - 1563 WA — unauthorized charge

I have been receiving charges of $19.95 from this company every month. I do not know who or what this company...

Intelius — cancellation of free trial

I have been trying to cancel with intelius since last friday 4/22/11 and have been unable to do so. They are...