Having problems with Intelius?

C/O Intelius, 500 108th Ave. NE, 16th Floor
Sat6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] unauthorized billing

I too used Intellius for a one time use and somehow this company has my account information and was taking...

wrong information

recently i submitted a request order [protected]. The report was incomplete and inconsistent with the information I have. I would like to do business with you in the future as I deal with a lot of people that I must confirm their information. Please review the information and try to provide me with more accurate information eg first and last name. I am aware of the location prior to my request

[Resolved] unauthorized cc deduction

Another ripoff/scam. I have disputed this $19.95 charge with my cresit card company. This is a disgrace!

[Resolved] unauthorized subscription

My name is Patricia Ammon. I was charged for subscribing to your company when I did not. My name is the only name on the bank account used and I did not sign up! Please return the $19.95 in my account and take me off your list. If ever my name appears again, it will not be me and don't put me on again.Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.

Sincerely,
Patricia Ammon

• Intelius's response · Oct 16, 2009

It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Na
    Nathan Clevinger Sep 22, 2008

INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA
    Was on my account, I never subscribed to your serivce. Please reverse charges and remove me from your database. A dispute has been opened with my CC company.

• Mi
    Michele Enrriquez Oct 02, 2008

• De
    debirob Nov 19, 2008

I was also tricked by the Intellius Subscription service. I looked up one name for a 99c special deal, thought I read the fine print carefully to make sure I wasn't signing up for any additional charges, but then found monthly charges from Intellius for $19.95. Unfortunately, I didn't realize what it was until now, the day before the 3rd charge would have gone onto my credit card. My credit card company told me they could not dispute the charges because it was a recurring charge. The Intellius people cancelled my charge for tomorrow and told me that was all they could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the person came back on the phone and said their supervisor had cancelled the charge from a month ago. So I still paid the $19.95 charge from Sept 08, but got $40 dropped/stopped. My opinion? Intellius must make millions of dollars this way from unsuspecting people!!

• Le
    Lee P. Merel Nov 24, 2008

on November8, 2008 you charged my American Expres cards an amount of $75.80 for a "subscribtion and membership fee" that was not called for and never authorized by me. Kindly issue a credit for this amount at once.
    I am certain that this was an error on your partr.

Thank you, Lee P. Merel

• Sy
    Sydney Mitosinka Feb 07, 2009

My name is Sydney Mitosinka. I was charged by Intelius for $19.95 a month for a subscription that I did not want. It has been taken out of my bank account now two months in a row without permission. I am very upset about this and I am going to contact the BBB to see if there could be some ramification for this. I have tried to contact Intelius by phone but only remained on hold for about thirty minutes without speaking to anyone. I expect them to discontinue this unauthorized use of my debit card and return the two payments they have deducted from my bank account.

• Lo
    Lonelytravler Jun 05, 2009

They too tryed to charge a Walmart visa card that I had for my daughter to use, got lucky cause they couldn't get the charge, my daughter use it for her graduation and run it down to to $11.00 and the Intellius company was declined and sent me email to add funds in the account so the Intellius subscription could be up to date, go figure, my daughter did a .99 check on a phone # that kept bugging her and Intellius wanted to hook her up with a monthly charge as well, I canceled the card cause there like leeches, you can't get them off you. Had trouble with them a couple years ago (got me for 2 months) finally got them off the card with no pay back but noticed a few months later they started charging again, so if you get them to stop charging and don't cancel your card, keep an eye on it cause when your not looking they'll get you again without your permission, there theives man, leeches, sponges.
    Larry

[Resolved] subsciption charge I did not authorize

intelius-intelius.com frauded my account by charging me a subscription fee of 19.95 per monthj when it was not authorized. i did purchase a one time location of a friend for 2.95 with no strings attached. 7 days after the real charge was made they took it upon themselves to sign me up for a subscription at 19.95 a monthj it has been a nightmare to get this reimbursed. it is a total scam-buyers please beware.

• Intelius's response · Oct 15, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Al
    Alan Oct 02, 2008

Yes, I just ran into the same problem. How did you resolve your dispute with them over this "subscription"?

• Na
    natalie Granda Nov 18, 2008

Were you able to get the refund? I'm going through that right now.

• Ab
    Abel Diaz Feb 17, 2009

This is the second unauthorized charge of $19.99 to my account in 2 months!!! How dI stop this!
    Abel Diaz
    [email protected]

[Resolved] unauthorized charges on my account

I was charged by Intelius Peoplesearch $15.85 which I expected to pay, but also included on my American Express bill were charges of $69.90 and $19.95 for one month = $105.70. I paid this charge in order to not damage my credit record. Now this month
I received a bill for $19.95 again for membership which I never wanted or asked for. I want to be credited for the $69.90, $19.95 and $19.95 and taken out of your "so called" membership.

I expect action with 10 days or I will have my attorney contact you.

Holly Anderle

Anne Napier Oct 28, 2008

I've been charged 6 amounts by Intellius on my Kroger Master Card without permission since June 2008. I keep complaining to my credit card company about this trying to get all these charges off my credit card. I lost my job 3 months ago and I cannot keep getting these charges. Plus finance charges. This is ridiculous. The amounts are $49.95 (july 1), $4.95 (July 1), $19.95 (July 8), $19.95 (August 8), $19.95 (September 8), and $19.95 (October 8) for a total of $134.70. This has got to stop. If these charges are not removed from my credit card account, I will be contacting the State Attorney General's Office. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and have been undergoing treatment for 10 months.

0 minutes ago by Anne Napier [send email]

0 minutes ago by Anne Napier [send email]

• Wi
    Windy May 17, 2009

This is confusing, are all the comments above directed to the company "Intelius" or "Intellius" It appears to me there are two different companies -- the one with the double L may be a scam using the similarity of name to the legit company to draw people in. Does anyone know for sure?

• Si
    sick of being ripped off May 27, 2009

I guess that I am in the same boat as you guys. I never order a subscription, but paid the cheap .90 for a lookup when there was discount. Now I have been entered into a 9.90 subscription for protection, a subscription for 19.95 for intellius look up and 19.95 for background check. I dont own a business and dont need to do background checks. I have had 2 pays of 19.95 taken out of my banking account within 8 days. I have gone to the site to cancel the membership but isnt even a link to cancel. No one answers the telephone or responds! The only thing I can do is close my account. Like some of you I am recently unemployed and these charges are killing my small savings.

• Th
    The Beamer Jun 10, 2009

I was charged by Intelius 19.95 for 10 months which I NEVER authorized. I went to my bank to make out a fraud complaint against the company and found two other charges also 19.95 a month for 7 months by a company named Valuemax.I called Valuemax and they told me they got my card number from Intelius. Then the banker saw another charge by a company named Protectplus of 19.95 for 1 month. They told me Intelius gave them my numbers also.They said they would refund my full amount in 2 business days which they did. I also asked them to send me a confirmation email and they did. I tried to get Intelius on the phone. No answer.I made out a fraud complaint against them at my bank and I haven't heard from them or seen a penny of $200 they are trying to steal from me.So far it has been 4 days.I will post here to let you know when I suceed.So folks ALWAYS check your monthly bank statements.

• Vo
    vonmojo Jun 23, 2010

File a complaint with the BBB, I got all my money back!

[Resolved] terrible experience

I requested enrollment in the Farmers Identity Shield thru my Farmers agent, Paul Volz [protected], Ashland...

[Resolved] cancel/close account

My order number is [protected]. I wish to close this account effective immediately. I was attempting to get information on my cell phone number. The information given me lists 2 people whom I have never hear of. My name is not included. Plus they both earn the exact same amount of money & their mortgages are for the same dollar amount. Could it be that they are fictious people. Again close my account. Thank you. Kevin.

• Intelius's response · Oct 27, 2009

Mario Lucena Sep 02, 2008

To: INTELIUS custserv. I wonder why ihaved been charge of 9.35 ( Nine Dollars & Thirty five cents dated of : September 1, 2008 . i dint use or order anything from intelius. if there is anyhting offered for me please cancel it all. please give my money BACK 9.35 (NINE DOLLARS & THIRTY FIVE CENTS )

• La
    Larry Zurface Oct 20, 2008

you charged me $19.95 for something that i have not even done. i havent used your site in a few months and i want my subscription if i have one to be cancelled.

• Do
    DOLORES MAHARD Mar 05, 2009

PLEASE CANCEL MY ACCOUNT 3/4/2009.
    DOLORES MAHARD

• Ri
    ridhdhi Mar 21, 2009

please cancel my account. order no is 18212282. and please send me deactivation mail to [email protected]

• Ya
    yamitza Aug 31, 2009

please cancel my account #22868805. confirm cancelation by mail. [email protected]

• Fs
    fsdsd Jun 10, 2011

like wtf they took 19.95 from my card like ### put the ### back in there you scams ###ers

[Resolved] unauthorized charges pmindentity.com $19.95

After paying for their search service, you will start to see a $19.95 charge each month from pmidentity.com...

[Resolved] charges to credit card for 24 protect plus

I noticed charges on my credit card from 24 Protect Plus for $14.95. I called 24ProtectPlus and they informed me that Intellius authorized them to charge my credit card. I don't even know what this service is. 24ProtectPlus agreed to refund. I'll wait and see. I had to cancel my credit card because of this. Complete scam!

• Intelius's response · Oct 16, 2009

• Jb
    J. Bernard Dec 04, 2008

This happened to me as well. Only I was hospitalized soon after was sick for months and didn't notice the charges til much later. I was billed 139.65 and was only refunded 39.90.

Even if you received all or part of your money back, If this has happened to you go to gthe better business bureau for western Washington: alaskaoregonwesternwashington . bbb . org go to the consumers link and file a complaint. If there are enough complaints maybe some good can be done.

[Resolved] bogus charges

First, a mysterious charge of 19.95. Then a credit for 19.95. Then ANOTHER charge for 19.95 then another credit. Then YET ANOTHER charge for 19.95. Result: three charges, two credits. This company--Intelius--will not stop until they wear out all of us--and we now number over a hundred. And to think they're owned by Equifax, who monitors our internet security!!! Beware of Intelius.

[Resolved] no refund

I purchased an online phone report from Intelius on 6/20/08 for a price of $4.96. When I received my receipt...

[Resolved] scam and fraud

After running a $9.95 address/phone search (one time charge), i find six months later I've been paying...

[Resolved] never suscribed

Hi The company charge my account twicw. 5/12/2008 at $9.95 and on 6/12/2008 $19.95. I called on the phone...

[Resolved] unauthorized charges

This company has been making unauthorized charges on my credit card. They harged my account numerous time...

[Resolved] fraud

After calling (or trying to call you on several occasions) I informed your company that you have made an...

[Resolved] mix up on charges

I waited to speak to customer relations of company so long, I went to sleep, was 20 minutes and did not get...

[Resolved] credit card not credited

Talked with Carmen. All charges were to be credited. Conformation # [protected].

$4.95 of 5-14-08 has not been credited. Do so immediately.

Janet Drew
Reply to [protected]@aol.com

• Intelius's response · Nov 02, 2009

If you require billing assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

[Resolved] fraud and scam!

I did an email search on intelius for $9.95. one month later I checked my credit card statement and there was the $9.95 charge from intelius and another charge for $19.95 from pmidentity (privacy maters) that is affiliated with intelius and was not authorized by me. I called them both up and they basically told me I was screwed because I approved these which I did not.

* I in turn called my credit card company and disputed both charges since I feel intelius was not fair and got a credit for both of these charges. *

they might give you a hard time but they will not argue with your credit card company or bank.

If you have this problem here are some numbers to complain.
Intelius : [protected]
Privacy matters : [protected]
Call them up and give them a hard time!!!

• Intelius's response · Oct 22, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

[Resolved] wrong info

I received a mysterious phone call from a woman telling me my name and wifes name found in a wallet and that she had my cell and home phone #. Both Correct. she asked if we knew a certain person. I asked who she was but she said her name was not important. Bells started going off. I went to do a reverse phone number on white pages came up as a land line. I made a mistake here went to Intelius the info they gave me was totally bogus. Card was charged the $4.95 . (Bank will reverse if you complain) . Still pending . I tried to get into my now viable Intelius account and they had no record of it. I sent an email no replay They promised two coupons of $5.00 a piece in email of course no email no coupons rebate coupons. Finally today I called talked to Mark 11 asked for a refund he refunded the charge readily enough saying the service did not in fact give me the requested info. Verizon said it was a land line Intelius reported it as a cell phone. While on hold I cam upon this site and read they were also charging for a identity theft protection service I had supposedly clicked on. I did not. $19.95 a month. He said it was explained in the email I never got Spam filtered mail was checked through nothing there either. Besides per the system I did not exist. Mark 11 the rep there advised me of this I told him I did not want this charge and would not pay it and dispute it should it come on my account. Mark 11 advised I would not be charged. So In this case they at least paid lip service as to the fact that the $4.95 charge would be refunded and I would not be charged the identity theft service I had not asked for.The hold time was only 30 minutes . He asked if I wanted to close the account I informed him as yes, then called my bank to let them know of the ordeal. Advise do not come to this Site. 1. Any site that puts charges on your account without your prior knowledge is not a mistake but theft. the information is usually old or bogus by his own admission it could be two years old or so or just wrong if the number had been a prepaid cell or a new cell number.2. No way to trace but they charge you anyway. 3 no email confirmation sent at all. 4. no way to verify my information on line. bottom Line STAY AWAY. Tehy were pleasant to speak with but smiled and spoke positively to me to inform me that I had signed up for a monthly identity theft program to be billed monthly. contact BBB, Contact states attorney generals office. May not do anything to them but will add to a data base of complaints against them.

• Intelius's response · Oct 22, 2009

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices