Inteliushow to get a refund for bogus charges!!!

M Review updated:

I submitted a complaint last week here because while reviewing my bank account statement I learned that I had been charged $19.95 a month for 3 months after I purchased an address look-up from Intelius. The look-up only cost $0.95 but they subscribed me to some service without my knowledge or permission and charged my debit card every month without any notification for a stupid "Identity Protect" service that I didn't want/need. I was pissed and demanded a refund for all 3 months of charges and they said I agreed to their terms of service when I supposedly bought the subscription and that I could not get a refund, only a credit for a future purchase (so they could sign me up for some other crap I don't need and charge me for it). I e-mailed back that if they didn't give me the refund I would report them to the BETTER BUSSINESS BUREAU, which I did the next day. Today, I just received an e-mail from Intelius customer service notifying me that the subscription had been cancelled, they refunded me for the full 3 months ($59.95) and offered me a lifetime 10% off all future purchases (which I will obviously not be using ever again). Filing the complaint only takes a few minutes, and from what I've seen on here, some people had hundreds of dollars taken so it sure as hell is WORTH IT!!! It's the only way they'll take you seriously!

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Oct 23, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Jun 03, 2016

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Matoka Elam Aug 28, 2021

I need my refund of charging my card without my permission I don’t even know wat company this YALL scams I wud like a refund for everything transactions YALL did on my account

Jason 888 Mar 21, 2021

I am the ultimate sucker. Used this service a decade ago and they have been charging me 19.95 a month the whole time and I used it once. I never realized because I thought it was my wife’s gym. When COVID hit I asked why the gym was still charging. She confirmed that the payments were through another card and that was Intelius not her gym. That means I have paid this for 10 damn years so that’s over $2k for one use. I have called a lawyer since the amount is just too high. Let’s see what happens. I will update but this company is the devil and should not be allowed to do business.

• Ju
    Julie Cav Jan 18, 2021

I am stupid and paid $29.99 for a month of unlimited services looking up people. My husband was killed in an accident 6 months ago, and I was trying to reach out to old friends of mine and of his. The reports are so horrible. Only very basic easy to access information was on the people we looked up. My friends and i looked up ourselves, dead relatives (that were somehow alive still according to intelius) a girl who had 23 criminal correct records on beenverified.com (ok but not the best, but way better than this rip off company) i couldn't even find her name on there anywhere. They list a ton of neighbors on addresses you may or may not have lived, ton of sex offenders living near an address (public info) and it also said my dear friend who is a decorated, 22 year in the USMC, said he (and myself) were on a government watch list. You get in there and no, no list. It's all a big joke and now my money is tied up with them. This is a scam business and I am making my first call right now to them. I will report back asap and keep you updated on my refund status. This is also a cruel joke to play on someone with barely any money who is grieving and just wanted to find some comfort in old friends. I am so mad and upset right now. I don't know how they got high ratings on google search, but obviously paid for them to keep ripping people off. Thanks for listening and DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR ANYTHING!!! RIP OFF!

• Lo
    lori crozier Jun 03, 2016

i did a people search but did not get a response from you when i wanted to end my 7 day trial...i would like all charges to be credited back to my credit card..i will take further action if necessary..please do not contact me again...except to tell me you are crediting my account.

Lori Crozier

• In
    Intelius Got Me Once Jan 29, 2011

The Washington State Attorney General obtained a $1.3 million settlement against Intelius. In the Consent Agreement, Intelius agreed to stop doing this, and to refund customers who were charged for services that were never used. If this fits you, then you should file a complaint with that Attorney General.

My experience was that by calling them back enough times, while continuing to file more and more ethics and fraud complaints against them, they eventually agreed to give me my money back.

• Ke
    Keith M. Greene Jul 12, 2010

I am trying to file complaints with the BBB and with FTC, do you have all of the companies information that you can share with all of us that have been scammed by this company selling this "Lean Body Burn" crap...?

• Mi
    Misty123 Jun 29, 2010

They also count on the fact that you just might forget to cancel after the 7 day period and this gives them the opportunity to charge your account. I have learned to never give my account info to any of these places on the net for this very reason reason.

• Mm
    mmwfy Jun 29, 2010

Too bad Intelius does not openly tell you what you're signing up for from the get-go. They charged my account without notifying me outright and it took a complain filed with the BBB to get a full refund for the 3 months they had charged me. Should have just given me the service I had asked and paid for and stop trying to SCAM people out of their money

JAMES DODSON Feb 08, 2008

I ordered a back ground check and paid with a credit card. Now they are using that card # to ad me to AP9-PMIDENTITY.COM-V. Beware people!