Inteliushow to get a refund for bogus charges!!!

M

I submitted a complaint last week here because while reviewing my bank account statement I learned that I had been charged $19.95 a month for 3 months after I purchased an address look-up from Intelius. The look-up only cost $0.95 but they subscribed me to some service without my knowledge or permission and charged my debit card every month without any notification for a stupid "Identity Protect" service that I didn't want/need. I was pissed and demanded a refund for all 3 months of charges and they said I agreed to their terms of service when I supposedly bought the subscription and that I could not get a refund, only a credit for a future purchase (so they could sign me up for some other crap I don't need and charge me for it). I e-mailed back that if they didn't give me the refund I would report them to the BETTER BUSSINESS BUREAU, which I did the next day. Today, I just received an e-mail from Intelius customer service notifying me that the subscription had been cancelled, they refunded me for the full 3 months ($59.95) and offered me a lifetime 10% off all future purchases (which I will obviously not be using ever again). Filing the complaint only takes a few minutes, and from what I've seen on here, some people had hundreds of dollars taken so it sure as hell is WORTH IT!!! It's the only way they'll take you seriously!

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Oct 23, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Jun 03, 2016

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

JAMES DODSON Feb 08, 2008

I ordered a back ground check and paid with a credit card. Now they are using that card # to ad me to AP9-PMIDENTITY.COM-V. Beware people!

• Mm
    mmwfy Jun 29, 2010

Too bad Intelius does not openly tell you what you're signing up for from the get-go. They charged my account without notifying me outright and it took a complain filed with the BBB to get a full refund for the 3 months they had charged me. Should have just given me the service I had asked and paid for and stop trying to SCAM people out of their money

• Mi
    Misty123 Jun 29, 2010

They also count on the fact that you just might forget to cancel after the 7 day period and this gives them the opportunity to charge your account. I have learned to never give my account info to any of these places on the net for this very reason reason.

• Ke
    Keith M. Greene Jul 12, 2010

I am trying to file complaints with the BBB and with FTC, do you have all of the companies information that you can share with all of us that have been scammed by this company selling this "Lean Body Burn" crap...?

• In
    Intelius Got Me Once Jan 29, 2011

The Washington State Attorney General obtained a $1.3 million settlement against Intelius. In the Consent Agreement, Intelius agreed to stop doing this, and to refund customers who were charged for services that were never used. If this fits you, then you should file a complaint with that Attorney General.

My experience was that by calling them back enough times, while continuing to file more and more ethics and fraud complaints against them, they eventually agreed to give me my money back.

• Lo
    lori crozier Jun 03, 2016

i did a people search but did not get a response from you when i wanted to end my 7 day trial...i would like all charges to be credited back to my credit card..i will take further action if necessary..please do not contact me again...except to tell me you are crediting my account.

Lori Crozier