Indane Gas Agencygas agency problems!

V Review updated:

Today I went to Indane Gas Agency for gas booking. But I was shocked to see that they were forcing consumers to buy a gas pipe which costs 170/-. I was not agreed to buy this pipe because I renewed my gas pipe only few weeks back. I have been very aware of these things such as gas cylinder and its accessories.

Now agency officials are not ready to book my gas even in this festive season, when a person needs it most. When I tried to contact to the Sales Officer Mr. Swarn Singh, he doesn’t pick my phone. Even on land line number.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinay.

• Sh
    Shalini Yaduvanshi Feb 13, 2007

1. The agency does not take the booking easily despite repeated requests.
    2. The gas cylinders contain less quantity of gas, sometimes just half of it.
    3. The book the cylinders only once a month.
    4. The worst is they dont register complaints.

• Ka
    Kadiravan.R Mar 05, 2007

Today i have approached the indane gas agency at hosur tn for getting new connection. They asked me to pay rs.3500/- for a single cylinder connection including all charges that is including stove cost. But i asked them without stove can u give me the connection, they said no and also the deposit is only rs. 950/ so i want to know the followings- from indane gas suppliers:

1. What is the deposit for single cylinder
    2. Can we get connection without stove
    (because we want to purchase new model from the market)
    3. How to approach

Thanks
    Kadiravan.R

Satish Chand Mar 14, 2007

I booked my gas cylinder on 2.3.07 vide booking no-543 with nandi gas, jhilmil, shahdara, delhi-32 at that the lady present there said that the cylinder will be delivered within 10 days but today she said that it will take another 8-10 days, when i contacted the Indian oil Area manager Mr I.S.Dass he refused to listen against M/s Nandi Gas, when I complain about the use of domestic cylinder by the shopkeepers he said u can not prove that and disconnect the mobile. Is this the way of handling the complaint by an area manager level officer of IOC?!

Annamalai Gurusami Apr 25, 2007

Hi, I have booked refill gas cylinder on mar 1 07. And We have also already booked the extra cylinder on dec 5 2005. Finally that extra cylinder came on mar 3 07. And we have been promised that we will be getting the refill cylinder after 2 weeks. I waited for a month, since many told, as we got the new cylinder it may take a month for getting the refill. But even after that we dint get the refill. I am calling every week to the company, but their only response is... we will get today or tomorrow. And 3 weeks later i called the person who is responsible for supplying gas to my area, (the number given by the company). He said he is having the cylinder and told he will be delivering it within 2 days. But 2 weeks got over and i called again(on 23rd apr 07), he said i will be getting that day around 3 pm. But i dint get the cylinder yet. And i called the company again, but their response is not proper. They just said we will get it and he disconnected the call. And almost 44 days got over , we haven't got the refill. If the service of the company is like this, what will the consumers do? I have a doubt whether they would have got money from someone and would have sold our cylinder. Very poor service!

• Va
    V.Amirtharaj Jun 14, 2007

We are the thiruloki village consumer of indane gas connection with your distributor Asshalakshmi, KUTHALAM area, nagapattinam district.

For the last one year they are doing very worst service to the consumer. They are making very delay to deliver cylinder, they are taking more than one month to deliver against the booking. And they are giving irresponsible answer to consumer.

In my village they have nearly 100 connections, all of in my village not satisfactory with their services. I have booked 14th may 2007 but as yet they do not supply to me, presently we are using wood and kerosene stove for cooking for last 20 days. Sometimes their delivery men sold cylinder illegally.

With regards,
    |V.Amirtharaj

• Ar
    Arindam Das Jul 01, 2007

Hi All,

Day before yesterday when I went to book my very first gas connection from Indane, I was exposed to a well managed and maintained racket run by gas agencies with full appreciation and support of Indian oil. The gas agencies refuses to even talk with you if you don take the oven along with the connection. The behavior or the personnel sitting there is ruthless. Furher when I asked what is the approximate time frame, they said that there is NO TIME FRAME and it can take ages. When I examined the T&C, even there is was written that Indane is not bound to release a connection within a specified time frame. That means, such monopolistic and predatory market behavior is being enforce by Indane itself specially considering the fact that most of the Gas companies have near monopolies.

It is really shocking to see that no body is taking any legal recourse for the dissolution of his problem. Can we all come together and file a PIL against Indian OIL? Its time to show these "Navarantans' some good daylight.

• Ku
    Kundan Kumar Aug 05, 2007

I went to a gas agency (Khan Market, Delhi) situated nearby to my residence and asked for a gas connection. He told that he will be giving the new connection only when i will purchase a gas stove from the agency which i have already purchased. I may please be intimated whether it is mandatory to purchase a gas stove from the agency itself. I am living in Delhi - Lodhi Colony.

• Pa
    Padmanabha Holla Aug 20, 2007

These guys at SriRama Agency act as if we are some sort of culprits trying to steal gas cylinders from them and sell it off to make money. I have had the following problems in the past.

1. The phone lines are always busy or dead. I once phoned them from their own office to show them that the lines were purposefully disconnected.

2. When we book gas cylinders, they often do not record the booking. When I inquired again, there would be no trace of prior booking. Then I book again. Then they deliver very late. The delivery boy do not collect any signatures. He reports the delivery at their office late. So when I book next time, they say you can book only after XX date. They would not take the booking until that date. When I went to their office and asked for proof of delivery, they have none. Still they claim the gas was delivered only on XX date.

I am sure god is watching all this. He would punish the people responsible for this at its merit. I pray that the people involved be punished appropriately.

Anup Kumar Avasthi Aug 23, 2007

Hi,

I am leaving in Chennai from last one year. At Present, I am working in Cognizant. I have taken a LPG connection at my native place (Utter Pradesh) some times before (more than 6 months). Now, I want to transfer the connection to Chennai. I have all documents (Transfer Voucher, Subscriber Voucher, Customer card and address proof) that needed for transfer the connection.

But the agency owner is asking for RATION CARD from Chennai or NOC for RATION CARD. I believe, RATION CARD is only required for new connection or multiple connection.

Please advise smb!

Anup Kumar Avasthi

• Mo
    mohammed yousuf Sep 24, 2007

i went to indane gas shathi nagar hyderabad, distribution code no:7508831, we booked gas 28/03/07,

form no - 69,si.no:14785,wl.no:597215, we did not recieved gas till now please do as soon as possible.

regard
    yousuf

• Mu
    munish Sep 30, 2007

hi i m 4m haryana fatheabad yha pr indan ki 2 agency he aur gas ki koi shortage nhi he pr jo agency ke consumer he un ko gas bhut mushkil se milti he in ke staff wale black me sail kr dete he aur costmer sara din line me lge rhete he gas black me leni pdti he

• Ca
    Capt BL Lingaraju Oct 02, 2007

For all questions on LPG, visit www.gasagency.co.in

• Gs
    G.Srinivasan Oct 12, 2007

I am having a Indane connection with the local dealer. My wife is also having another connection. Can we convert the second connection as the additional cylinder for the first by getting a consent letter from the second holder to that effect? Or what is the procedure and formalities and requirements?

With regards!

• Ba
    Balamuthusamy Oct 30, 2007

How to take new agency for LPG.. Smb help me!

Balamuthusamy.P

• As
    Ashraf. C. K Nov 01, 2007

Sir I am a consumer of Indane LPG (No.18330) through SANKAR, AGENCIES, CHEVAYOOR, CALICUT, KERALA, 673017 . The agency generally takes a period of more than 30 days to provide the delivery of refilled LPG cylinders. When make an enquiry to the Agency they will blame the Indane Company. But there is no any shortage of LPG in Kerala presently. The Agency does not provide better service. Lastly I booked for new cylinder on 06/09/07 but the delivery is made on 25/10/07 only. Please consider my complaint .

• Om
    Om Parkash Nov 24, 2007

I Call Today Time to time within a hour to my gas agenceis for booking a refile but the first half of the day agencies phone very busy.then i call after lunch the phone are ringing but not receive any person till 5"O" Clock.
    My Agencies Name :- Kamla Karan Gas Service
    Badli Delhi-110042
    Ph# 27854090,27854296

• Nv
    N.Vellingiri Dec 01, 2007

Sir, I am living in gurgaon at hiranagar my gas distributor's code:9103836 they are not follw as per booking rules in and delivered gas only faver person. Example i have booked refill 11-11-07 but today date 2-12-07 they are't given delivery till date and no respons my distributor's : Raghu Gas Service, 28-29, Kamala Nehru Mk, Kandsa Road, Gurgaon

• Me
    Meraj Ahmed Dec 06, 2007

I had booked gas over centralise booking telephone No.1260 because they are not receiving gas booking phone nos.011-22075114 and 22073323
    Gas agency name:
    Shri Radha Gobind Gas Service
    Kailash Nagar
    Delhi

My booking No.55 on 27th November, 2007 but I had not got any gas cylinder. Now I have again booking today and booking no. is 37. They are not supplying domestic gas I think they are blackmarketing LPG. Kindly check.

Thanx

Manu Bodra Dec 13, 2007

I am a LPG Indane customer with Munda Gas Service, Sambalpur, Orissa and my consumer Number is 8540. Regularly I have to book for refile after 21 days of delivery of the cylinder and the supplier. The supplier only give home service and assures that the cylinder will reach you witin 2 to 3 days. But after several qureis the refile is reaching after 12 to 15 days.

It is sorry to state that I am getting a refile cylinder after 30 to 35 days.
    Hence it is requested to pass necessary orders to provide good and well to the customers.

• Ba
    balwinder singh Dec 20, 2007

my copy number is m-26945...i got a connection from mann gas service,guru tegh bahadur chowk,bibi wala road,bathinda(151001),punjab.....the dealere code is 82-01-0893...i stay in #1499,model town phase 3,bathinda....the services of the dealer have not been satisfactory...we have not been recieving delivery even after 40 to 45 days of request...we have recieved the last delivery after 43 days of request.....and even not been given the contact number of the field manger so that we can complain about this...we have also not been issued the second cylinder on our copy even after asking for the same.......we heartidly request you to take some action over this.....ju can contact us on 9216763603 and 9216063603

yours faithfully
    balwinder singh

• Vi
    Vijay Kumar Verma Dec 21, 2007

I am having a Consumer No. 20704 in the name of Vijay Kumar Verma with the M/s Nirnjan Gas Agency, Dhanshree Tower, Vidyadhar Nagar, Jaipur - 302023. I booked Gas cylinder on 20.11.2007 but cylinder delevered on 07.12.2007 and today (21.12.2007) I call on mobile number (Lanlind no. is not working) for cylinder booking but a lady say that you can not book the cylinder today becuase booing accepted after 21 days from one dilivery and you will book on 28.12.2007. Please do the needful and help me.

Thanks,

Vijay Kumar Verma.

Sandhya Mishra Jan 01, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. Regarding my first complaint, which is no pick up of phone calls, is a very ridiculous one since there is no response at all for gas booking through phone. Whenever I dial the number, I just get it on a busy tone. However nobody bothers to pick up and answer the phone for booking. And since this is the only source that we are able to do the booking as our office timings are from 8.30 AM in the morning and there is no fixed time to get back in the evening and also the gas agency is far from the plant site/office.
    2. Even though if we have succeeded by frequent trials for gas booking, there is no timely delivery of the gas cylinder.
    3. Since I am having a single cylinder I am facing lots of problems. If it gets emptied then on that day we have to manage the things by having our food at outside restaurants. The agency does not give us the provision for double cylinder and ask us to apply for one more connection for the same. For taking another / separate connection they have a mandatory rule of purchasing the gas stove also from them.
    4. Mismatch of valve of cylinder with the regulator is a very frequent problem. If we bring the cylinder from the gas agency and while fixing the regulator on cylinder the mismatch of valve is a very common problem. We again have to carry back the cylinder immediately back to the agency along with the regulator and fit that accordingly and bring it back to home. This had happened many a times. By doing this a single cylinder cost around Rs. 350-400/- by paying extra money fro to & fro traveling by auto rickshaw.
    Kindly provide solution for the above problems and also take necessary action.
    The details of the gas agency is as under –
    Laxmi Gas Agency,
    Zhanda Chowk,
    Jharsuguda – 768 201
    Orissa
    Ph. No. – 06645-272334

manju devi Jan 02, 2008

Hi all ,
    My consumer no.:sl-6540, manju devi.I cannot undestand why does indane dealer does the blunder way of treatmet with us .They even does not lift the phone so as we can make the booking instant , for this i have to go to the local office and have to wait for long bcse no is thier to listen and register the complaints .Any ways, i want to know that is thier any one who can make this complaint resolved.

manju devi
    sarbday nagar ,
    chas ,
    Bokaro steel city.
    9934071454.

• Pa
    Pardeep Kumar Sharma Jan 03, 2008

I am using the Indane Gas services provided by Sharma Gas Agency, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi with consumer no 42710. The service of this asgency is very poor. For the last 7 days I am trying to book my cylinder, but they are not picking the phone.

They should be pulled up for these type of services. Indane should warn them for this poor responce to the customers.

Thanx and hope for the action on this.

Pardeep Kumar Sharma

mahendra kumar jain Jan 05, 2008

We compalint for a gas leakage cylinder and there was no response fro the gas providing agency as the person on the phone confirmed that he would be there in an hour to attaend the same. But even after 48 hrs no body has attended or even changed the leaked cylinder .......

Indane/puneet gas service : Vikram ( name f the person responded the phone )

Naresh anand Jan 10, 2008

a) I had requested for supply the gas on 2 January 2007 vide my Consumer No. 16747 at Telephone No 011 25611260 to Indane Gas Services, because my suppliers - Nairs Gas Services, Vikaspuri, Delhi could not receive my several calls on 011-28544965 and 011-28547187. please take necessary action against this complaint. Also, I visited yesterday to Nairs Gas Services personally by saying that your gas cyllender would be delivered tomorrow i.e. 10 January 2008, but still it could not be delivered at my home.

b) Last time the vendor of Nairs Gas Services delivered less weighted gas cyllendar.

manoj bansal Jan 16, 2008

I applied for a new connection of INDANE gas Clyinder, i got the letter for that also but when i contact the gas agency they said that we have to buy chulla also with a connection but i have already have a chulla with me. I said the same to them so they said that they send a person for checking, but there's no visit till from that. I having lots of problem without gas and i also want to know that is ther any compultion for buying chulla with a new connection.

• Ra
    raj roy Feb 03, 2008

Respected sir/mam
    It is to inform you that in nangal township your dealer NANGAL GAS AGENY is not delivering the gas properly he is selling cylinders in black Rs 420 per cylinder to the sweats shop ,hotels , dhaba & to the persons who are runing their cars on LPG so I request u to take some proper action against this ageny so that the cousters can get gas at proper time
    thanx

• Vi
    vinod patil Feb 14, 2008

Hi,

I am leaving in Kalol(n,g,) GUJARAT from last one year. At Present, I am working in mumbai(kalyan- east). I have taken a LPG connection at my native place (kalol) some times before (more than 6 months). Now, I want to transfer the connection to mumbai - kalyan(e). I have all documents (Transfer Voucher, Subscriber Voucher, Customer card and address proof) that needed for transfer the connection.

But the agency owner is asking for RATION CARD from mumbai - kalyan. I believe, RATION CARD is only required for new connection or multiple connection.

Please advise smb!

Vinod Patil

• Sw
    SWADESHPRIYA CHAKRABORTY Feb 21, 2008

I am a LPG Indane customer with Begampur Indane Distributor, Begapur , Dist-Hooghly,pin -712306 and my consumer Number is 4609. I have booked for a refile on 09.02.2008 under Begampur Indane Distributor (03212 223225). Even though it is nearing fifteen days, I did not get my refile from Indane (Indian Oil Corporation) dealer. It is used to happen every month .

Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks & Regards,

FOR, SWADESHPRIYA CHAKRABORTY

Sudipta Chakraborty

E

• Ka
    kamal Kumar Sharma Feb 22, 2008

My consumer no. is 18980. The agency do not attend the phone calls. There telephone no. is 917122233211. Even when my cylinder was booked by the telephone on 02nd of Feb 2008. I personally went to agency's office and rebooked it 2 days back. The office staff assured my that the gas cylinder will be delivered within 2 days. Today they delivered the cylinders in my building to other occupants but not to me. This is a regular problem of the agency.

• La
    Lalit Feb 27, 2008

Can anybody please inform me..if it's mandatory to buy all accessries like new stove, gas pipe, lighter etc. with a new gas connection. As I already have all these.. Just want to get a new gas cylinder with a new connection.. as I am working in another city rather than my home town.

I found every agency forcing for buyiong all things while going for a new gas connection.. pls help.. [email protected]

• Af
    AFROZ AHMAD Mar 16, 2008

I GOT MY INDANE GAS CONECTION FROM AURANGABAD (BIHAR), THEN I GOT IT TRANSFERED TO DALTONGANJ(JHARKHAND). NOW I WANT TO GET IT TRANSFERRED TO FIROZABAD(U.P.) BUT THE PRESENT SUPPLIER(SWAMY ENTERPRISES) HAS DENIED TO TRANSFER MY CONNECTION, HE TOLD ME THAT EARLIER DISTRIBUTER OF DALTONGANJ(ARUN ENTERPRISES) HAD ISSUED JUST DOUBLE CONNETION OF ITS CAPICITY. HE ISSUE ONE CONSUMER NO. TO TWO PERSON THAT IS WHY HE CANNOT TRANSFER MY CONNECTION. I REQUEST AUTHORITIES TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

• Di
    Dinesh Kumar Sah Mar 20, 2008

Sir,
    I am Living in south west district of delhi. I am saying with very sorrow that no any agencies are redy to give the connection without gas acessory( like stove, pipe, lighter, regulator ) and also clearfy that their rates are too high.
    I also like to know from your side that is it mandatory for all things with new connection.
    Thanks with Best Regards
    Dinesh Kumar Sah
    Cell No. 9958200408.

• Di
    Dinesh Kumar Sah Mar 21, 2008

Sir,
    I went to a gas agency situated nearby to my residence and asked for a gas connection. He told that he will be giving the new connection only when i will purchase a gas stove from the agency. I may please be intimated whether it is mandatory to purchase a gas stove from the agency itself. I am living in Delhi - Najaf Garh.
    Could you help me to get a new connection.

Dinesh Kumar Sah
    Najaf Garh, Delhi-110043

Cell No. 9958200408.

• Kr
    KrishTech design Mar 21, 2008

Dear sir,

Namboodhris Tooth Powder & Paste is very good stronger Teeth powder. Good Smell, no side effect, no allergy formula, good Mouth wash formulae.
    This powder & paste is remove yellow stains, fights tooth decay, maintains health gums, fights germs problems.

TOTALY Namboodris DOUBLE POWER & Pure Auyurvedic systems.

Agents required chennai & tamilnadu?
    ur Branch off. start in chennai established...

thanks for ur product.

ur advt also please contact: 98412 16513.
    Here with Advanced Printing of (all kinds of very high Quality Banners, ACRYLIC & dispensors, emposing & Plastic sign board, all sign Boards, Vinyl, Luxion Facis & Canoby Board, Vaccum Forming, emposing, CUTOUT, Foam board, stickers, Metal Boards, etc., ) INDOORE & OUTDOOR, Front light & Back light, Board & box making available here.
    if u interest contact imm. my ph. 98412 16513.

My All Printing works is ur look like good appearence...

Thanking u
    S.Sivakumar
    KrishTech(r) design
    Ramapuram, chennai-89.
    india.
    Ph. 98412 16513
    email: [email protected]
    Please inform chennai & tamilnadu circle.

only Fast service (straight delivery) & Best quality.

BEST, GOOD & PERFECTLy.

Narayan D. Tekwani Mar 29, 2008

To,
    Consumer Forum

This is to kindly draw your attention to my problem regarding delay in receiving gas cylinders.
    I am a consumer of Indane Gas with my Consumer No. OM 09210 and my distributor is:
    M/S Omkar Indane
    Shop No.2, Rajdeep Apptt.,
    Near Police Line, Sardarnagar,
    Ahmedabad - 75 ( Code No. 185456 )
    I want to state that we do not receive our gas within the committed period of 15 days. There is always a delay and whenever we try to contact our distributor we never get a positive response from them.
    Also, as there is a monopoly of the distributor in our area, he tries to neglect us and does not respond to us even on proper follow up from our side.
    Kindly draw your attention on our problem and please look into the matter on an urgent basis. Also, please reply if it is possible to change the distributor.

Narayan D. Tekwani

Narayan D. Tekwani Mar 29, 2008

To,
    Consumer Forum

M/S Omkar Indane
    Shop No.2, Rajdeep Apptt.,
    Near Police Line, Sardarnagar,
    Ahmedabad - 75 ( Code No. 185456 )

Narayan D. Tekwani

• Av
    Avadhesh Singh Apr 02, 2008

I want to book my gas by phone but nobody have picked my phone in gas agency at Barabirwa Alambagh. what can i do for this it is very irresponsible behavior by the employees of Indane gas agency.

• Ra
    Rajesh Dharmadhikari Apr 02, 2008

Due to gas cylinder likage & fire my family burned
    for details see sakal of 10 March

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices