Menu
ARCO Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

ARCO
reviews and complaints

www.arco.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.5 171 Reviews

How responsive is ARCO's customer service?

19 Resolved
151 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
ARCO is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that ARCO has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for ARCO has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

ARCO reviews and complaints 171

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
Sort by:

Newest ARCO reviews and complaints

B
3:17 pm EST

ARCO Excellent service and always very clean at Arco gas station in Chino Hills Parkway address 4123

The Arco at 4123 Chino Hills Parkway in Chino Hills is the Cleanest Arco I’ve ever been to, always very very clean, manager very very nice is a tremendous asset to your company and great customer service from everyone ! 😀 ℹ drive a lot and I always stop 🛑 at Arco for gas and some treats, which are always fresh and great tasting but the Arco at 4123 I stopped by regularly and it’s always very clean 🧼 and great manager and great customer service from everyone there 👍😌👍⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

J
4:16 pm EST

ARCO Horrible employee attitude

2/24/24

Norma, a long time employee, is extremely rude and unprofessional. She calls people names like cheapskate when they decline upsells or promotions.

Her daughter, Jocelyn also an employee, has the same attitude if not worse.

There is another employee there who speaks no English and only speaks Spanish.

They both allow the local homeless to camp outside and harass customers.

Martin, the owner is intimidated by the mother/daughter team and will not take any action against them. Myself, as well as the other neighboring local business owners will patronize this location until they are removed.

Desired outcome: termination or store re-assignment

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified ARCO representatives only. If you are affiliated with ARCO, please claim your business to access these details.

Z
10:55 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ARCO Getting air for my tires

I fill up both my vehicles at ARCO stations about 90% of the time. Today (11:00 AM 1/29/2024) I had to pump up my tires and stopped at the ARCO station on San Antonio, just South of el Camino Real, in Los Altos, corner of Louks St and San Antonio. The attendant started the pump for me and I filled 2 tires, and checked a third. However the pump stopped before I could fill the fourth, which only had 20 psi. Yes, I am going to take my car to the tire shop and have them replace the valves, etc. I asked the attendant to please start the pump again. When I got back to my car, the pump was still off (pressing the button did nothing). So I went back in and asked the attendant to press the button behind the counter again. She told me a story about a battery being run down and that it required specialized service. I said, "Well could you just give it another try?". She said, "No, it is broken". Then her co-worker told me that since I was not a paying customer, I could not get free air. So it was obvious to me these two were playing a penny-ante game. My gas tank was already nearly full with ARCO gas, and I might have bought more gas if they were not so petty. It is not safe to drive on low tires. I believe these two employees need a refresher course in customer service.

Desired outcome: A refresher course in customer courtesy for two of your employees

Is ARCO legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals ARCO as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 11% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, ARCO stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering ARCO should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

ARCO earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: ARCO achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for ARCO. The company provides a physical address, 5 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

ARCO has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Arco.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Arco.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Arco.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with ARCO, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While ARCO has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 11% of 170 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Arco.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The arco.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
E
9:53 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ARCO - Refused service and discriminated against for being black and female.

On January 12, 2024 I pulled into the Arco station #66616 located at 1410 W. Pacific Coast Highway in Long Beach, California at approximately 12:10 pm to refill my propane tank on my commercial grooming van which wasn't my first time. The gentleman, first overlooked me and attempted to assist the male customer prior to assisting me but I spoke up and I...

2:03 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ARCO ARCO gas station early closure

I was almost out of gas and went to ARCO and noticed all pumps are closed. It was 10PM. All other gas stations were still open

My car ran out of gas and I couldn’t start my car. I had to call my insurance company. I want to sue ARCO for early closures and unprofessional practices

ARCO location-

1405 Branham Ln

San Jose, CA 95118

N
12:58 am EST

ARCO Longhorn Straight Pouches (2)

On 12/7/2023, I bought a product inside the Arco #42236 located at 7325 Sierra Ave. Fontana, CA 92336. When I’m about to get to my car, I noticed that the product was expired. I went back to the store and met with the franchisee. I asked if he could exchange the expired product but he stated, he could not exchange the product, it’s the law. I asked him what law is that? He insisted it’s the law and could not exchange the product. I asked who’s the owner of the store and he stated ARCO owns the store. I asked him if he’s the franchisee. He said he is. I left upset because I paid for the product I could not consume because it’s expired without any option to even get my money back or exchange the product. I got home and just threw it in the trash.

Claimed loss: $9.20

Desired outcome: Get a refund for $9.20 & maybe do a expired product audit on that store.

D
9:23 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ARCO I need my money back they charged me double and is still giving me the run around about giving me my money I worked hard for.

I Deonte Mooris card ending in 1932, on nov 17th I came and purchased gas from you guys it double charged me 54.21 went back to the station on Mckellips and center in Mesa, Az they said could not return my money on my card which is horrible I need my money back and I will not be a returning customer. And they did not give me a receipt my receipt since I wasn’t presented with one will my card ending in 1932.

Claimed loss: 54.21

Desired outcome: I want my money back for you charging me double.

N
1:28 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ARCO Teller stating cash only when I was her earlier in the day to fill up gas

I arrived at the gas station Arco on Wilton place and Firestone Blvd Los Angeles, ca to fill up gas earlier around 430-5pm to fill up gas and paid card and now I come back and the teller which told me his name, Jamie, that they are not taking my card. This is highly unacceptable after I just paid with card earlier and I will not be getting gas here no more I don’t care how cheap the gas is because I drive all the way from the east side of la to use this specific gas station and I feel is unfair to the customers that want to buy your gas

2:30 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ARCO Complaining about customer being rude to a employee

This morning I was at the Rollins ampm in millbrae and I saw a dispute between a guy and a employee that was trying to do his job. The guy that was in the washroom was throwing water everywhere in the washroom on the floor and the walls and spitting on the mirror the employee that was cleaning told the guy that the please stop throwing water everywhere because he didn't want anyone having a accident. The rude guy told the employee to go somewhere with his [censored] before he beats the employee up the employee tried to get away from the rude guy and the guy kept on threatening him because of the situation. This company needs to start protecting there employees instead of protecting people that comes to these stores and look for problems with their employees.

Desired outcome: The employee should have the right to protect themselves at all cost

Update by AntonioL94032
Nov 03, 2023 2:33 am EDT

This place is very nice but some people come to this location and look for problems with the employees and the managers. I feel bad for the employees at this location.

S
3:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ARCO Incompetent employees and terrible customer service

To whom it may concern:

I would like to begin by stating that I have been a regular patron of this ARCO establishment since its inception located at 6240 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, California. Primarily, I have utilized their services for refueling my vehicle and have also made numerous visits to purchase lottery tickets and various other items. Throughout this time, I have consistently experienced satisfactory customer service at this location. However, I wish to bring attention to an incident that transpired on the evening of October 6th, 2023, at approximately 6:40 PM.

On this occasion, I refueled my vehicle with a full tank of gas, after which my family and I entered the store with the intention of purchasing lottery tickets. Regrettably, we encountered an extensive queue due to the presence of only one cashier attending to customers during a notably busy period. The cashier who assisted us was Robert.

Initially, my younger daughter presented a winning lottery ticket for redemption and requested two quick picks for the Powerball. Robert inquired whether we preferred to have both quick picks on a single ticket or separate ones. My daughter indicated a preference for a single ticket, yet upon returning, Robert issued them on two separate tickets, contrary to our request. Despite this oversight, we chose not to voice our concern at that moment.

Subsequently, I handed Robert a pre-filled lottery slip for processing, which proceeded without error. Finally, my older daughter sought to obtain two quick picks for the Powerball. Once again, Robert sought clarification, asking whether they should be combined on a single ticket or issued separately. We indicated our preference for a single ticket. However, when Robert returned from the ticket machine, he inquired once more about the quantity, to which I confirmed that we wanted two quick picks. He then inquired whether it was for the Powerball, to which I affirmed positively.

Approximately 40 seconds later, the cashier, whom I previously identified as Robert, once again posed the question of how many quick picks we desired. In response, I clearly raised two fingers, repeating my request two to three times for added clarity. Acknowledging my response with a nod, Robert proceeded to retrieve the lottery ticket. However, on this occasion, he printed four quick picks instead of the requested two. Robert remained at the register, contemplating the ticket in his hand. Observing the error, I promptly reminded him that we had originally asked for only two quick picks, not four. In haste, he retreated from the register, expressing his intention to seek assistance due to his uncertainty in rectifying the situation. We agreed to await his return, and he left the register area, though his destination was unclear, as he ventured either outside or within the store office.

This is where the situation took an unexpected turn. A few minutes later, Robert returned, accompanied by a female cashier named Melissa. Her demeanor appeared disengaged, as if her break had been abruptly interrupted. As Melissa assumed her position behind the register, she exhibited signs of disorientation and inebriation. Without extending an apology or seeking clarification regarding the situation, she raised her voice in my presence, even in front of my daughters. Refusing to acknowledge the mistakes made by the store's personnel, she escalated the situation further by shouting at me.

In an attempt to communicate the events calmly, I endeavored to explain the situation to her, but she adamantly declined to listen. Consequently, I raised my voice in response to her unprofessional conduct, as it became evident that she lacked the capability to rectify the ticket errors. Her behavior and demeanor strongly suggested substance intoxication, accompanied by an unpleasant odor. Instead of addressing the ticket discrepancies and assisting me, she withheld our winnings and a prepaid lottery slip (which had not been paid for yet). She then declared that she had no obligation to provide service and instructed us to leave.

I stood there in disbelief, having to request our winnings and the return of my prefilled lottery slip. Melissa's behavior during this encounter was marked by extreme rudeness, disrespect, and discrimination. Notably, no profanity or offensive language was used by us, as we conduct ourselves as civilized and educated individuals. It is perplexing why personnel of such disposition are permitted to serve customers. Robert, on the other hand, remained silent and did not acknowledge his involvement in the initial error, leaving us unfairly penalized and expelled while we were attempting to maintain a civil and reasonable demeanor.

I also inquired of Melissa whether there was any signage displayed within the store premises stating "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." Regrettably, I did not observe any such sign, either inside the store or on its windows. This situation is both disconcerting and perplexing, as we encountered errors in service, coupled with rude and aggressive behavior, culminating in a refusal of service.

This series of events has compelled me to share this feedback, as it deviated from the typically satisfactory level of service we have come to expect from this establishment. I trust that this incident will be regarded constructively to maintain the high standard of service that has been characteristic of ARCO.

In conclusion, I respectfully request that the store manager contact me promptly in regard to the aforementioned incident. It is my sincere hope that the employees who displayed unprofessional conduct towards me, in front of my daughters and other customers, will issue a formal apology for their actions. Furthermore, I believe that it is essential for appropriate consequences to be implemented as a measure of accountability for the behavior exhibited by these two employees. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to a timely resolution.

M
6:29 pm EDT

ARCO Gas and attendants

My wife and I just stopped at the Arco at 501 Lancaster Dr in Salem Oregon. We pulled up to the pump and asked the man working for $20 regular. He was talking on his phone and bobbed his head. When he went to hang it back up I noticed it said $39.98 and I told him no, thats not right I told you $20 he said he heard $40 twice. Which isn't true he asked me one time what I wanted and I said $20 regular. I went in to speak to the guy inside and he acted like he didn't speak English. And refused to give me the number to the store so I could talk to the manager on shift tomorrow. While trying to get him to give me the number a different customer in the store told me that this location does this all the time. She had to dispute a charge 4 days ago because the same thing happened to her. She only uses cash there now because of how many people this has happened to. This is disgusting customer service and a horrible way to represent a company. I understand that these can be independently owned but If I were you I would take my name away from this location. The attendant had a horrible attitude and treated us like we were in the wrong when it was him not paying attention to his job an or customers. He was to busy talking on the phone.

Desired outcome: I want my $20 back

V
8:10 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ARCO - Overcharge

Hello, On the date of 9/06/2023 at 8:58 a.m., I tried getting gas at your establishment (Location: 1360 W Blane St, Riverside, California, 92507) where I tried my initial method of payment payment. As the pump got to less than 0.4 gallons - around 0.37 gallons - the pump had stopped where I then proceeded to try and get it to work (it didn't). After, I...

5:24 pm EDT

ARCO Damaged vehicle

I went to the car wash off of romona expressway on 9-04-23 at 5:01pm my cars trunk and spoiler got really defected to where my I can fit my hand inisde my trunk and the spoiler broke off an employee was giving me a hard time I was asking if I can speak to his manager and he kept saying no till I went inside the gas station and had to ask other employees I also read the the car wash warning on what it didn’t cover but I still meet the requirements since those 2 parts are specifically FACTORY parts they’re not after market

Desired outcome: I just want my trunk and spoiler to get fixed

S
9:57 pm EDT

ARCO Did not receive gas paid for

On September 3, 2023 at 5:29 PM. I pulled into the Arco gas station on 725 N. 2nd St. in El Cajon, California, store number [protected].

I tried using my gas gift card, but it asked me for a pin number, and I could not find one. So I went inside to get help from the clerk. When I get in there, I say I am on pump number one. The customer to my left says no, I’m on pump number one, and then he and the clerk say yeah the numbers are set up in a weird way so I said OK, so if that’s how it works.

I tried using the gift card and again it asked for a pin number. I showed the clerk and gave him the card. Come to find out they were two cards stuck to each other, the gas gift card and my brother's visa, cash card. The clerk begins to hand me the cash card and as I touch it, he tries to take it away for me saying he wants to check to see if I stole the card. I told him I did not steal the card. This belongs to my brother. I just dropped him off and he gave me the gas card and said that I don’t need to steal anything, I am not a thief. The clerk said I’m doing my job and I need to see this card. I said you’re not going to see this card; I do not steal. So, I pulled out my wallet and showed him my name. He said he wanted to check if my brother and I had the same last name. (what if we didn’t) I tell him my name and read it from my license to prove that we have the same name. So, then the clerk goes ahead, uses the card and gives me the receipt. On the way out I apologized to him and reiterated that I am not a thief and I do not like being accused of being one. After I pumped the gas only $20 worth comes out. So I go back inside to tell the clerk that I paid $50 but $20 came out of the pump. He said there is nothing he can do. He accused me of telling him pump 2 but I reminded him that I said pump one and he and the other customer said I was on pump 2 and he agreed. I said that I needed my $30 dollars of gas, and the clerk told me he could do nothing about it.

You can see in the pic of pump 2 in the upper left corner that the customer sees the number “1” next to the number “2” thus confusing the customer. I just want the $30 I am out. Maybe someone should go get the other guy who said nothing and stole gas.

Desired outcome: I want the 30 dollars of gas due.

J
5:55 pm EDT

ARCO Duplicate charge 7 times

I make purchases with my credit card, than 3 days later i'm charged again for the same amount, the time and date and how much shows up on my card and i'm not there, i'm at work or out of minneapolis. It's happened 7 times, enough where my bank had to issue me a new card, now I pay with cash if I have to go there. Its fraud 2 of my co-workers have had the same happen to them. Hes go cameras with time stamps so I can prove it's not me.

Desired outcome: I want him investigated

9:30 pm EDT

ARCO Store greedy

I been to many AmPm over the years. Never seen a AmPm this greedy. On a hot afternoon, I walked in with an empty Grande cup of Starbuck. I was going to buy a Rockstar but decided to ask the clerk to put ice in my Grande cup. He charged me a dollar for about 15-20 ice cubes. At first, I was shocked and thought he was joking, but he was very much serious. I left not buying anything because why would I bring business to a greedy, cocky business. 25 cents or 50 cents seem reasonable but really. No wonder your location liquor license got suspended. Karma. No more AmPm from now on. Bye

K
2:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ARCO Paid twice for gas/cashier's fault

Me and my friend were moving our stuff from our storage in lake arrowhead, ca to our new storage in San Bernardino, ca. We stopped to get gas and a couple snacks, and cigarettes. In their defense they were extremely busy that day but still I've NEVER IN MY 40 YEARS came across this bad of service and lack of management and ignorance in all my life. My friend and I both said "60$ on pump 8 she put my money in on pump 2 immediately after we noticed this we rushed in told her she came outside and tried to stop the truck to let them know the situation and the truck took off I have pictures. she got the other worker since there wasn't a manger and they talked for a minutes gave me a receipt with the change from the first transaction on pump 2 since she didn't put all 60.00$ of my money in her tank and then told me that it was our fault all the while they are talking back and forth in Spanish not English and when I told them no it wasn't and no I'm not going to pay gain for more gas because it was her fault she proceeded to tell us we had to wait until she could get a manger on the phone mind you we are in a deadline and have to be at storage to unload before they closed in 25 min we were already there for 35 min so I told them nevermind I will call cooperate myself and deal with it we didn't have another hr to deal with this and I have pictures of their names on the receipt so I paid 60.00$ again and she put it on pump 8. And we left. We have been moving and I just forund my receipts

Desired outcome: I would like my 60.00$ back that's all and charges pressed for the vehicle that stole my money at pump 2 on 7/5/[protected]@3;40 pm teal truck.

1:09 pm EDT

ARCO Gas service

I had went to put gas at Arco on Friday 7.14.23 around 6pm I went inside the store to buy a drink and also put gas I asked for $25 on pump 5 I paid $30 in total I went to pump my gas $ the pump wasn't working as I thought I went back to ask the worker it wasn't working she charged my card again and I went back to try to use the pump & it still wasn't working so I went back inside to tell the worker & I told her what was happening & I checked my bank statement & they charged me so I asked the worker to either give me my money back or add the money to a different pump she didn't do neither & got charged for something that I didn't receive the next day I went to talk to the manager to try to see if she could help me but she she said she couldn't & the worker who charged me gave me a receipt stating I didn't put gas then why was I charged on my card . I need help to resolve this situation since I'm not getting no help from the workers .

Desired outcome: I would like a refund or my gas either or & continue being a customer to the Arco

1:16 pm EDT

ARCO Customer service

Good morning. I am emailing in regard to an incident that occurred on Friday, July 14, at approximately 8:20 am. I pulled aside pump number six at the ARCO AMPM station number 42071. It is located off of Portola Avenue in the city of Palm Desert, CA. The official address is as follows: 73980 Highway 111, Palm Desert, CA.

Summary of incident: I attempted to use my card, but the machine had an error. I was totally out of gas, and I did not want to block the pump. The pump was also positioned at the entry of the station needed to enter the business, thus hindering access to potential customers.

Because my dog was in the car and he was in a state of exhaustion and overheated due to the extreme desert heat, I did not want to leave him inside, as even with the windows cracked the heat is extreme in the desert. I put him on a leash and walked to the door. I waited outside and asked an entering customer to explain that I did not want to bring my dog in, but I was having a problem at the pump.

The Arco employee stated that she was the only one working there, so I asked if she could come out to see the problem, as I had no gas and did not wish to block both the pump and drive entry. However, she said no and cut off my explanation.

Because my car was inconveniently blocking the pump as well as the entry, I felt a need to act because, if not, other customers would be indefinitely inconvenienced. I entered the convenience area with my leashed dog (making certain to stand apart from those inside) and attempted to explain the severity of the problem. It was not limited only to my wanting gas but was much more severe; I once again attempted to explain I was out of gas and blocking both the pump and entry. Because of this, I needed assistance with the broken credit reader so I could activate the pump and be on my way. She once again cut me off and asked me to leave. At this point, I had no choice but to leave my overheated dog locked in the car as I tried to hurry and enter. The heat in the desert is extreme, and this is also against the advice of law enforcement.

Once inside, I explained to her the uniqueness of the problem; even though she was trying to cut me off, I made sure to get my point across that I was blocking the business because I had no gas. I also used this opportunity to explain that kindness and a willingness to listen and hear customers was an important customer relation. The other customers knew I was in distress and attempted to intervene. She would not hear of it.

My hope is that you will address this issue with the worker assigned at the time indicated in this email. Not only was her behavior unprofessional and insensitive, it interfered with the business at hand and caused a blockage at the station.

Desired outcome: Desired outcome would be a direct contact with the employee and acknowledgement of the problem with the way the issue was handled. Compensatory and/or amelioration for the poor customer experience would also suffice.

Read full review of ARCO and 1 comment