Menu
Exxon Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Exxon
reviews & complaints

www.exxon.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 368 Reviews

Exxon Complaints Summary

40 Resolved
328 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Exxon's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Exxon has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Exxon. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Exxon reviews & complaints 368

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Exxon reviews & complaints

H
10:16 am EST

Exxon Gas station

There is an Exxon Station at 6006 W Clearwater Ave in Kennewick Wa that does not accept the Exxon Gas Card. Is there a reason for this? There are only Four Exxon stations in the area and are very spread out. I was very irritated when I went to get gas and my Exxon gas card was declined at the pump. I went inside to see if maybe they could run it inside only to be told they don't accept them. This makes Exxon look bad and it's an inconvenience to consumers. I decided at that point that I would apply for another gas card from another company, so I wasn't having to drive all over to get to Exxon.

Desired outcome: I would like to know why they don't accept Exxon gas cards and if this is okay with Exxon that they don't or if this is normal practice.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Exxon representatives only. If you are affiliated with Exxon, please claim your business to access these details.

F
10:19 pm EST

Exxon Gas station

Mobil Gas station on Dougall in Windsor Ontario has pay at the pump only but the pumps cannot input your odometer reading to complete the transaction using Esso or Mobil gas card I tried 4 pumps with no luck and the attendant said owner is aware but not willing to spent money to fix. Wasted 20 min there then went to different gas station everything worked fine there.

Desired outcome: Fix the pumps so people can purchase fuel

R
11:19 pm EST

Exxon Sale of drug paraphernalia

On November 12th I stopped to get a water and a snack at the store called Downtown Quickstop at the corner of Bank St and So. Winooski Ave in Burlington, VT. As I was walking to the entrance I was asked for change from most likely a homeless person struggling with substance abuse. I grabbed my items and as I checked out noticed glass pipes, bongs, etc in a huge display of vapes. How is this ethically right of this company to sell such items knowing/seeing right out side their door the addiction, crime, homelessness destroying lives? I normally stop at Cumberland Farms or Maplefields and am pretty sure I've never seen the drug paraphernalia being sold at either store. I went to Maplefields the next day, was informed that it is against "branding" compliance to sell such items.

Also, noticed a display of Chore Boy behind the counter at the Quickstop which seemed odd. After I googled the use I was even more appalled as it, along with the straight glass pipes are used to smoke crack.

Desired outcome: This store and all other Simon's Stores throughout Vermont to be made to have all pipes, bongs, chore boy etc removed immediately as well as a fine for each store selling these appalling items feeding into this horrific drug epidemic.

View 0 more photos

Is Exxon legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Exxon as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 10% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Exxon stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Exxon should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Exxon earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Exxon achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Exxon. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and email, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

A long registered date for exxon.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Exxon as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Exxon's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Exxon.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Exxon website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Exxon.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Exxon as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for Exxon have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Exxon and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Exxon has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 10% of 368 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Exxon protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • If you encounter a website associated with Exxon that may be a high-yield investment program (HYIP), be aware of the potential risks involved. HYIPs often promise high returns but can be fraudulent schemes leading to financial loss. Research the website and the seller before investing and exercise caution.
J
4:55 pm EDT

Exxon Contaminated gas damaging my truck

On 10/12/2023 I stopped at an Exxon station (8444 Jefferson Road, Athens GA 30607) to fill up my truck on pump #5. After filling up, I started my truck and seconds later it stopped running. I couldn’t restart anymore. The owner was not present (at 0748) to talk about this incident. I called AAA to tow my truck to closest garage. They did complete diagnostics on the truck and then they tested the gas and the gas was milky. Never experienced this before. The gas at that pump was contaminated.

Desired outcome: To pay for the repairs ($1455.75), return of my EMRewards (5000pts) and $42.60 I used to pay for the contaminated gas

L
2:46 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Exxon - Exxon mobil rewards

Received the following email and believe it to be a scam or phishing attempt. Please take all actions to confirm its validity or determine that it is not valid. Claim Directives. Eric James DEPARTMENT OF EXXON MOBIL REWARD EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION TEXAS [protected], UNITED STATES This is the Department of Exxon Mobil reward. We have a vital mission: To...

5:04 pm EDT

Exxon Gas price, employee attitude

The large sign has a price of 3.79.. but the pump charges 3.89… tried to take to the employee about that and lack of paper in women’s restroom, he was to busy on a personal phone call and couldn’t understand English anyway. Store 9662172, 9/29/2023 at 4:43. I have been a customer of Exxon/mobile for over 45 years. What happened to customer service

Desired outcome: Train employees

1:50 pm EDT

Exxon Customer service

Friday, Sept 1, 2023, I went to purchase gas. I had a gift card, I tried to use pump #4. It would not work (I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the pump) so I went inside to TRY! to get some help as to why. When I went inside, all the guy cared about was that I owed him.08 cents! In no way, shape, or form did he provide any assistance whatsoever!

Desired outcome: I have been going to that particular station for 10-15 years!!! My son used to go trick-or-treating there, they used to give him candy!!!!I should get a gas card!!!

C
1:04 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Exxon - Rude/ verbally aggressive cashier employee

The purpose of this letter is to file a complaint against the employee’s name Mannan who works as a cashier at Mobil 43-07 Astoria Blvd S, Queens, NY. On August 18, 2023, I went to fill my gas at around 11:15pm-11:30pm. I first, inserted my Mobil rewards card then entered the amount, after that, the machine screen says wait for the cashier approval, so I...

View 0 more photos
G
3:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exxon Corporate conspiracy to hide fossil fuel impact on climate change

Exxon-Mobil has for decades engaged in a conspiracy to deny the impacts of the product they sell upon climate change. They knew, and hid, the direct correlation between burning fossil fuels and rising global temperatures. As such, I hold Exxon-Mobil accountable for the heat wave I am currently experiencing, and for the impacts upon populations around the globe where people are dying of heat-induced illnesses.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology. Then I would like Exxon-Mobil to reimburse every person who has been impacted by global warming to the extent that Exxon-Mobil was responsible. I look forward to receiving my reimbursement check.

J
9:32 am EDT

Exxon Bathroom

Dear mobil

I just want to inform you that the bathroom faucets need to be updated at the Jackson Missouri location on hwy 61. I believe this matter needs to be addressed bc one can't possibly properly wash their hands do to the faucet setting so close to the back side of the sink. The water coming out of the faucet literally comes out about an inch from rear of the sink. I and I'm sure everyone else has to bust their knuckles against the back of the sink to wash our hands. This concerns me on how well the kitchen employees are getting thir hands clean do to this problem. Please check into this, new faucets that would disperse the water toward the center of the sink would be so much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Desired outcome: New faucets

5:11 pm EDT

Exxon Exxon Mobil Credit Care

For the months of May, June and July, I have not been able to use the credit card at the gas station. When I get to the pumps, it asks for a pin#. I am not aware of any pin#. My husband called customer service in June and the rep said to use the zip code. It did not work. How can I get through to such a large corporation. I am tired of repeating myself

4:56 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exxon This is a compliment.!!! For hildel lisa reyes - (2703)

I went to Exxon in Roxbury at 85 Southampton St. (2703) And I noticed in my bank statement that I was charged $20 twice. I started to look up the corporate number and the number to the Roxbury station expecting to have to go through fire hoops to rectify this double charge. I took the chance to call the actual gas station first and I asked for a manager. To my utter surprise I was connected to the assistant manager. Her name is Hildel Lisa Reyes. She was cordial and professional and immediately helped me by telling me to go back to her with bank statement and she will give the $20 back. BIG Sigh of relief. I did go back and with a smile she gave me the money back. I am super happy with this employee of Exxon. Nice job in hiring such a honest and friendly and professional person. I look forward to continuing getting my gas at this location 85 Southampton because of Hildel Lisa Reyes. Keep up the good work Exxon!

Update by Sally Rivera Jennings
Jul 11, 2023 5:05 pm EDT

COMPLIMENT FOR HILDEL LISA REYES

11:46 pm EDT

Exxon Employee that employed by this company

This person that is employed with this company has been harassing me for over two years. I know this company does not like to have employees that harass senior citizens every day cause they think they can. The company should have standards for employees. I have known him to stay up and go to work at the plant. I think this is unsafe. Putting people at risk cause not enough rest. His name is Justin McNabb. He is an operator according to his facebook page. If you look him up you can see for yourself all toys that he has modified and likes to disturb the area. The city of central police chief will not enforce the nuisance laws that this guy is breaking. So this company has employees that put on the coverall and think that are perfect and can do what they want. Besides doing and taking body building stuff to make his body big. Probably can affect your work and mind.

Desired outcome: This kind of person I feel gives the company a bad name. Saying that the company will hire any kind of person.

1:37 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exxon I really cashier who has violated my personal information

I left a complaint with customer service in a text on June 12th at 5: 30. am about a repeatedly rude cashier at the express lane in Port St Joe Florida. On June 15th at approximately 7:00 p.m. I go into the express lane in Port St Joe Florida and was told by the same cashier that I was banned and I need to leave the store. June 17th at 12:15 a.m. the same store, my fiance walks into buying a drink. The same cashier turns her phone across the cash register toward him and asks is this your wife. She had a picture on her phone of me and my granddaughter from my Facebook page. This disturbs me very much. I don't even know how she knows my name or my last name. Or got into my Facebook. She also downloaded a picture and is now showing it to people that come into the store to show them that I am banned from that store. I am worried about this behavior. My personal information and pictures of my 11-year-old grandchild can be handed out to people. I would appreciate someone contacting me about this matter my phone number is [protected]. Email Sherry [protected]@gmail.com

Sherry Robinson

Desired outcome: I believe cashier should not be working with the public. Plus can an employee ban me with no paperwork or manager on site.

9:02 pm EDT

Exxon Discrimination, customer service, false accusation, intimidation of a minor.

7 months ago

My 13 year old son was in with friends after playing ball across the street, he was singled out by an employee Debra and was accused of stealing, she kicked them all out and tried intimidating them. My son immediately called me, I went and she told me to my face that she had him on camera stealing.

I knew there was no way my son was stealing so I called officers to the store, I had the manager review the cameras and of course he did not steal anything. All I asked from them for me to let this go was an apology to my son. Spoke to the general manager, Emmit his words, “do what you gotta do” “she probably not gonna apologize”.

They have terrible customer service in general as you see in all the reviews but this crossed the line. Now with the other parents of the children, we will move forward and “do what we have to do”

10:22 pm EDT

Exxon Service of employee and the questionable charge of product

I was at the Exxon gas station in manassas Virginia at the corner of Wellington and Dumfries road. Time 8:30pm. Date May 15,2023.

I asked for a pack of Pall Mall 100’s. Proceeded to pay with debit card. The transaction went through and when I reached fot the pack they were the shorts not the 100’s. I asked the employee for the longs instead and he said he can’t exchange it.

He then said that the 100’s cost more. Of the same brand cigarettes.

I asked how much more.

He said it doesn’t matter I’m not making an exchange for you.

I simply asked for the trade from the shorts to the longs but he refused and got extremely verbally abusive. I left with the shot cigarettes very angry and confused. The same brand of all cigarettes always cost the same weather full flavor, menthol, 100’s or shorts. I’ve never heard of such an extreme self pricing much less excessive taxing.

I’ll be filling this with the cigarette company as well. I’m sure they’d like to hear of this.

This employee has caused many problems with many people in this town and most wont shop there because of him. Thank you for your time. I’ll Never shop at any Exxon ever again.

Desired outcome: Your employee to be fired and investigate the over taxing of certain items

M
8:31 pm EDT

Exxon Rude employee

I sent a complaint in on April 17th, it was rec'd but I am waiting to find out what they plan to do. I stopped at the exxon Gas station prior to April 17th but I was so distraught that it took me a couple of days to get myself together to send in a complaint. about a employee. I was there pumping gas and witnessed a gentleman running out and the employee was chasing him with a 2 by 4 and hit him in his head, and also left a cut on his arm because I stopped him to say something. The lady that was in line in front of the gentleman that he was chasing said that he is rude and unprofessional all the time because she stops there a lot, I don't. I know I stopped for gas around 10 and this is when I witnessed this traumatic incident occur. I posted what I saw on the ring app and the next door app and told people to not to patronize this establishment because of what happened. We have too many gas stations in the area and I will never again stop there for again for anything.

Desired outcome: Make sure the employee knows that someone witnessed his outrageous behavior and I am telling everyone to do not patronize this gas station when you have a rude [censored] employee working there

9:49 am EDT

Exxon ExxonMobil APP compromised

I have used the ExxonMobil APP for several years with no problems. On April 22 at approx 12:50pm, I attempted to use the APP to get gas at a participating gas station, Skyway Express, Skyway Drive Monroe NC. The pump would not accept the APP and denied the transaction. I left without getting gas. I later receive a receipt on my email that I was charged $51.47 for gas at that station. I contacted the gas station and the customer service for ME. Customer Service told me to dispute the charge with my credit card company as they are a "rewards program" and therefore could not refund or credit my account. They did, however, reset the password and information on my account to minimize any further activity on the APP without my consent. My credit card company is refusing to refund me the money because ExxonMobil sent them a receipt showing the $51.47 purchase. I did not authorize nor did I receive the gas. I was scammed through this APP. Can you help?

Desired outcome: Please credit or refund the $51.47

4:44 pm EDT

Exxon Acceptance of credit card

This has been an ongoing problem for over 4 weeks. We have purchased gas at our local gas station, 1690 SE Walton Road, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952, this Mobil station always accepted the Mobil/Exxon card but for the last four weeks it has not accepted the card, mine or my wife's. We called, nothing is wrong with the cards, we use them at a different station, and all is fine. But this gas station it says see attendant, and when you go inside, they tell you they are working on the terminals so the card cannot be accepted. When we use different cards, we lose the discount that is offered with the usual Mobil charge. Is there any way you can check this gas station and see what is going on with the "terminals". Thank you for very much for your assistance with this problem.

Desired outcome: The desired outcome would be to understand why a Mobil station is not accepting your Mobil credit cards.

7:35 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Exxon one of your stations

The station I will be referring to is in Franklinton NC. This has been an ongoing problem that even after changing hands, no one fixes it. But today 4/20 I went to fill up. They only have 4 pumps and 2 dont work right. 2 of them kept telling me to see cashier because, one wouldn't read and the other one you cannot pull your card out quick enough cause it gets stuck. When i went in, no one has a manager number, franchise number or a corporate number. This store has never been kept up. Please do something if possible.

[protected]@gmail.com

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Exxon contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Exxon?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Exxon Customer Service. Initial Exxon complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Exxon above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Exxon. Discuss the issues you have had with Exxon and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.