Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] jos crushball blue

The last 9 times I've purchased a deck of smokes there have been at least two smokes with no crushball in them, making them regular blue cigarettes. I can't smoke blue cigarettes, and if I could, I would buy them as they are no doubt cheaper then crushballs.

If it was a one time thing I wouldn't mind, but when I am wasting a minimum of 2 cigarettes per packet, it adds up very quickly.

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jul 14, 2019

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre on 1800 677 953 to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] river stone premium rum blend

I am writing to you to offer some feedback in regards to your Riverstone tobacco, I find the product to be good value and as good as Champion velvet rum if not better and a good price too.
I find that in most pouches I am forever picking out "bark" or unshredded leaf and blobs of flavour/tar, it does annoy me that I am paying a reasonable price for what adds up to non usable product which is part of the weight I pay for.
I thought I would offer feedback as I do like your product I do not like paying for bark.
I look forward to any response you may offer when possible.
Kind regards
Sean Macvicar

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jul 14, 2019

[Resolved] jps+ crushball blue

I purchased a packet of Jps crushball blue in the 25's from the OTR Service station at Pasadena, in South...

[Resolved] jps red

Hi there. Not sure if the diffence is becausr i live in canberra and brought a carton if smokes whilst i waa...

[Resolved] riverstone premium rum blend 25g pouch.

I've been smoking this brand for a while now, but have recently noticed the quality of the tobacco ha...

Imperial Tobacco Australia

[Resolved] horizon blue 25g pouch

This is the unsmokable/hard bits of tobacco I have gotten out of a 25g puch of Horizon Blue (see pic) and I'm still picking out more. This has always been an issue with your tobacco pouches. If I'm picking this amount out of a 25g pouch, your company has flatout robbed me of many many pouches over the many years.
Can you actively particpate in better quality control as this issue is getting so much worse

horizon blue 25g pouch

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jul 07, 2019

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] jps select hand striped tobacco

Yesterday I purchased a 40gram packet of JPS Select Hand Striped tobacco.

To my dissatisfaction the contents is actually menthol tobacco which I totally dislike.

Serial number on packet is [protected].

I purchased from Coles in Warrawong NSW.

I would hope that the batch is recalled and quality control be reviewed.

I am happy to return the remaining contents.

As a dissatisfied customer I would like to be refunded or my purchase by replaced as I now how to outlay another $57-$60 to purchase more. I will be purchasing a different brand until this is resolved as I don't want to take the risk of wasting another $57-$60 for another faulty product.

Extremely dissatisfied as I have been purchasing JPS for many years now.

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jun 30, 2019

[Resolved] parker simpson blue 20's

Hi I brought a 20 packet of Parker Simpson blue from tag in Tannum sands 4680 I have when I was smoking them I noticed they were extremely weak, then I realised after trying to smoke about three that majority of the filters were split. I wouldn't usually bother complaining but smokes have gotten very pricey. If someone could please get back to me I would really appreciate it.

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jun 30, 2019

[Resolved] jps red 25g tobacco

I am complaining here because I can't find anywhere else to complain online. Today I opened my new pack of JPS roll your own Red tobacco (I actually asked for blue but the shop gave me the wrong one.) And when I started rolling I noticed something weird in the pack. I pulled it out to discover half a chewed (by machine) up pack of another plasic pouch. Yay so half of my "tobacco was actually a plastic pouch and only actually half tobacco! Hesitant to buy your products again when on tob of that I have noticed a lot of "bark" in my tobacco of late.

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jun 25, 2019

champion legendary rich red

Asked for champion legendary ruby. Was given legendary rich red. Said this is not corect was told obviously...

[Resolved] horizon menthol 25g ryo

Iv just purchased a pouch of Horizon menthol 25g ryo and it is waaaay mintyer than any other time. I buy 2-3 packs a week. Its like its had double flavour added. Its really awful. Its almost sickening. I wont be smoking the rest of the pack. This unfortunatly is not the first pack that is awfully minty. Im considering changing soon as its a hit and miss if its smokable or not

horizon menthol 25g ryo
horizon menthol 25g ryo

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jun 23, 2019

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] quality of tobacco in ryo pouch

hello. ive been a loyal customer for at least 3 years now and have never had a problem with your jps blue tobacco but i recently purchased a pouch of RYO jps blue tobacco and a lot of the tobacco was hard stem instead of the regular tobacco, which meant rolling a cigarette was nearly impossible because the hard stems would tear the paper every time i tried and if i did succeed then the hard stems would not burn. is there any chance of some kind of replacement as i wasnt able to use much of the tobacco?

date of tobacco purchase :14/6/2019
email: corey.boy.[protected]@gmail.com

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jun 23, 2019

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] jps red pouch tobacco

Hi. We've used this product for years however have decided to switch to another brand and company than Imperial. The large and unusable 'chunks' in it are equating to a substantial amount of throw away waste and the tobacco is either way too dry and burns away quickly or it goes the other way and constantly needs to be relit.

Is not about affordability, we genuinely enjoyed your product but even the flavour seems to have gone downhill of late. With the price rise but the amount of wastage it doesn't make sense to us to continue using. I hope you look into these complaints and act on them and hopefully produce the product as it used to be.

[Resolved] jps 25g pouch

Every pouch we buy we are finding more and more large unsmokable stick like pieces of tabacco with the largest being upto 7cms long which is unable to be rolled into a ciggarette, normally i wouldnt complain but its happening quite often and becoming quite annoying as im already throwing money down the toilet with the prices of tabacco products these days

jps 25g pouch
jps 25g pouch

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] jps endless blue tobacco

Hi I've purchased jps endless blue tobacco and it is the worst thing I've ever experienced. Firstly it was stale, crumbly and not cheap but on smoking it not sure if it's because it was so dry or what but it burnt out in record time I'm now stuck with this until payday again and I know nothing will be done. As I just shouldn't smoke but maybe chippendales Bundaberg city store should check there stock it's unacceptable. It's not like it's cheap. I have put up a pic of them crumbly leftovers and also the exact brand

jps endless blue tobacco
jps endless blue tobacco

[Resolved] ryo champion velvet rum 25 gram pouch

I recently purchased a 25g rolling pouch of champion velvet rum. Upon opening the rolling pouch the tobacco...

[Resolved] parker and simpson cigarettes

I was smoking my cigarette and when I went to tap the ash off of it, it broke at the filter...this has never happened before and I have been smoking for over 30 years, as you are probably aware the cost of cigarettes in Australia is very high, and being on a pension I cannot afford to waste cigarettes like this
Regards,
Kathryn Miranda

parker and simpson cigarettes

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jun 03, 2019

[Resolved] 25 gm white ox

To whom it concerns,
I purchased a 25gm white ox from Coles parabanks Salisbury S.A on 29/5/19. Once I opened the packet from the plastic film ( that seemed to be intact) I noticed the tobacco was uncharacteristicly dry, there seemed to be more tobacco but still weighed correctly. The bar code is [protected] and batch #C7081 13:20 . I look forward to your correspondence. Please feel free to contact my email [protected]@outlook.com should you wish to discuss this further. Thankyou,
Wayne Fuller.

25 gm white ox
25 gm white ox

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jun 03, 2019

[Resolved] horizon red

I have bought two packets lately .there is something wrong with them.they taste like a much weaker...

[Resolved] white ox tobacco

Hi

My partner and myself have been smoking 50 gram pouches of White Ox for 20 odd years and will probably still smoke it in 20 odd years time, However the last few (and when i say few i mean fair few) pouches have had ALOT of Big bark pieces in them, We love your product but a little more care needs to be taken so my partner, myself and our friends can keep enjoying our Ox.

white ox tobacco