Menu
Japan Tobacco International [JTI]
reviews & complaints

Japan Tobacco International [JTI]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

85 complaints
34 resolved 51 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Japan Tobacco International [JTI]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
6:48 am EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Amber Leaf Rolling Tobacco

17.06.2022

My aunty recently returned from holiday, bringing us back two boxes of 5 x 50g amber leaf rolling tobacco.

She bought them in an American airport duty free a week ago. She paid £130 for the two boxes.

When I opened the first packet I found the tobacco to be completely dried out not usable. I opened a second pack and found the same thing. I haven’t opened them all as the all sound crunchy and unusable.

Both boxes have the same issue.

I have attached some photo evidence.

Desired outcome: A refund or replacement

11:34 am EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Amber Leaf 30g pouch

Hi,

I bought a pouch of Amber Leaf on Tuesday the 12th of May 2022 and was smoking away fine until I got near the end of the pouch and found three hard brown lumps that I can only describe as looking like hard lumps on manure in my pouch. I have been smoking your product for years and has always given the benefit of the doubt for any issues I have come across but I am absolutely disgusted with what I found in my pouch.

I can provide any information/photos you require to solve this issue and reimburse me for this disgusting issue present.

This was not a lump of tobacco but something else for sure.

Desired outcome: As a long time user of this product I would like to be reimbursed with complementary tobacco.

L
2:42 pm EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Sterling tobacco

I have always smoked your sterling loose tobacco. Today 9th of April 2022.I purchased a packet and all I can say is that there was more wooden type bits it than tobacco.Which you can't smoke.The price of a pouch is constantly rising and when I have to waste a 1/3 of a pouch because it's not fit for purpose. I bought the tobacco in my local premier shop so I would expect that they purchased it at there local cash and carry. Could you kindly respond to this complaint please.Thank you Lee Berry

Desired outcome: Refund for a pouch of tobacco

T
7:07 am EST

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Amber leaf tobacco 50g

To whom it may concern

I have been a smoker of your tobacco since about 1998 and have never had a problem with it untill recent months.
Firstly recently every single time in the last couple of months that I have purchased your tobacco the rizlas that come with it have been unusable some of them have been all stuck together literally nearly the whole packet one time and other times the rizlas not sticking properly and then when smoking the roll up it comes apart thus then ruining the rest of the roll up . This is not just once or twice but time after time .
Secondly the tobacco that I purchased this week had plastic through it, it's disgusting I mean like through some of the tobacco there was plastic very tiny bits running through it but when I was smoking one and could smell plastic burning I did not think anything of it but then when rolling one later that night I actually saw the plastic in the tobacco .
As you are aware tobacco is very expensive and and I am seriously very unhappy with this and it's not like I can take it back to the store to get a refund or another pouch. I really do not expect this from your product especially when your one of the highest quality tobacco and because of this one of the most expensive, obviously the reason I pay the expensive prices is because I do not want to smoke crap if I'm going to smoke I want to smoke something decent.
As a customer of yours for many many years I am very upset and angry about this and also out of pocket .

2:58 am EST

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Amber Leaf Original Hand Rolled Tobacco

I've been an Amber Leaf, Hand Rolled, Tobacco smoker for at least a Decade... Yet recently the tobacco I've been purchasing, whilst always ordering the same - Original Amber Leaf - Has not been satisfying in the slightest!

I've been having to roll at least double/triple thick rollies to get the same quality smoke that I'm used to from your Tobacco product.

This has left me wondering what on earth you're doing with your product... Have you just had a bad blend during a prolonged production batch, as you had years ago when a Ton of pouches where compromised with your pipe tobacco scents... or is this an intentional change - where your Original hand rolled is as week, if not weaker than your Blond variety - which would mean it's time to switch to a different Brand Tobacco...

I truly miss the scent of a freshly opened pouch of Amber Leaf Original... what have you done to have lost that delicious scent and satisfying smoke?!?!

Desired outcome: Replacement Pouch of acceptable quality Tobacco &/or a refund and an explanation as to why your product has nose dived recently... I've been a loyal customer for a Very Long Time and I'm currently feeling very disappointed!

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Sterling rolling tobacco

I have used your brand of tobacco for many, many years and the passed 6-9months I have been increasingly disappointed with your product. I bave noticed the standard of tobacco has gone down, dramatically. The majority of my pouch is filled either hard, shards of what I assume, is tobacco as well as 'dust' at the bottom of each packet is very fine, loose tobacco. Not compact or the same texture as the rest of the pouch. When smoked it hurts my chest. Very disappointing that the standard has slipped. Your tobacco used to be enjoyable and good value for money.

9:29 am EST

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Sterling dual

I purchased 200 Sterling dual cigarettes in Lanzarote, after opening them I realised there is no click balls in any of the pack, I tried to return to the shop and I couldn't as I had opened them. I am very unhappy as ‘Sterling dual' has only ever been with the click ball so how can these carry on being sold without them, being normal cigarettes! I would never have purchased knowing there was no click ball and I think it's terrible you can still sell this brand with that name!

Desired outcome: The correct cigarettes

P
6:52 pm EST

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Mayfair original

I bought a pack of Mayfair originals from Joyce's ballybane Galway today and there is only a small amount of tobacco in each cigarette I still have the pack and have pictures or these I can't smoke these as the bit of tobacco in them keeps falling out. I would like if ye could replace these as I will kept this pack till I get a reply from ye.

Kind regards
Paul M.

Desired outcome: Replace the pack

5:20 am EST

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Papers

Hi, I am a smoker of amberleaf tabbacco for many years, but of late the papers that have been with the 50g have not been sticking, this has been happening for the past few weeks, what is the point of putting papers in that are not fit for purpose, I can even send you some back, as I don't use them anymore unless I'm desperate. so not very happy, not only can I have a good smoke, but I'm wasting half of my tabbacco, so I'm thinking of changing my tabbacco.
[email protected]
Not very happy customer

7:50 am EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Sterling tobacco

I brought I packet of 59g tobacco from my local Tesco this morning, whilst on the motorway I was making a roll up and noticed a block grain piece and showed my friend, she then crushed it with her key and it was mushy. We threw it out the window and googled rat poo and the same thing came up. I am very shocked as I am always buying tobacco and would never expect this especially from a local Tesco. I can't even go back to the shop as I am off on holiday. This is very disappointing as you would only expect this from illegal tobacco or cheap fake tobacco. Please get back to me

2 comments
J
Jun 25, 2022 9:09 am EDT

i bought a 50g pouch of sterlin and the amount of dust was ridiculouse my email is [email protected]

A
Sep 19, 2021 8:17 am EDT

Hi I’ve purchased a packet of tobacco and most of is was like dust my email is [email protected]

K
4:00 pm EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - The papers included in amber leaf packets

I've been a loyal amber leaf smoker for 11 years now and I feel like the quality of the papers included in the packet has went down. My rollies often fall apart, and yes I do roll them correctly. Has a cheaper glue been used perhaps? The tobacco is fine as is the papers it's just the glue used. I find people who smoke golden Virginia don't have this problem as their tobacco comes with rizzla skins which are hard to beat.

Desired outcome: Possibly an email explaining about the papers and the glue used.

L
9:21 am EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Amber leaf 50g rolling tobacco

I bought a pouch of 50g Amber leaf tobacco and a few days ago and at first I just thought it was me that thought it tasted strange and left a horrid taste in my mouth, much like a chemical taste. Also as I smoked the roll up it left my lips to feel like they were burning. I didn't say anything and my partner and I share the tobacco and he said the day after does your fag taste odd and I said yes it does and asked him what did he think it tasted of and he said chemical and he was feeling sick each time he smoked some and I said I was too. We bought it from our local shop and they took it off the shelf behind the counter, like they normally do. It has left us feeling like we have no saliva in our mouths, feeling sick, lips burning and horrid chemical taste. We have gone to buy another pouch of 50g Amber leaf today from Morrisons and this one is not doing the same to us as the other one

C
4:49 pm EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Amber leaf tobacco

I purchased a 30g pouch of Amber leaf original tobacco, it was sealed in a plastic wrap etc.
When I opened the pouch the tobacco was much more dry than usual and tasted stale.
Never had a problem until now, but begrudge paying £17 for something I had to throw in the bin.
I have taken a photo of the barcode if this helps.
Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Corinne

Email address: [email protected]

P
12:20 pm EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Hamlet 5 Miniature Cigars UK

I have purchased a pack of 5 Miniature Hamlet Cigars stamped B I H07 A02. Bar Code 5000143947236. In the United Kingdom.

I have found one cigar in this pack to be of sub standard quality which I have set aside unsmoked for future reference.

'If' the product is a genuine JR Freeman & Son/Japan Tobacco Product then I am appalled by this sub standard issue, the outer tobacco leaf wrap is showing a clearly visible paper tear and cheapens the whole product for me, I ask myself would Mitsuomi Koizumi find this acceptable as a product he would enjoy himself? I would think not.
I am also a consumer of your Pro logic vape products and find them excellent even and have enjoyed them products without fault.

I extend my deepest apologies if this product turns out to be a counterfeit product.

Mr P. Dean
Manchester UK
email [email protected]

Desired outcome: Quality Control

8:29 am EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - Amber leaf 30g

On 20th October 2020, I decided to make a roll up from the 30g amber leaf tobacco i bought from Asda yesterday 19th October 2020. Only to come across this i have no idea what it is, its like chocolate brownie sort of texture. i want a full refund and compensation this is disgusting, the amber leaf tobacco have been going down lately is but this is on another level vile.

F
3:50 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this pack of cigarettes today, I smoked two cigarettes from the pack the third cigarette as you can see from the picture which has been lit, I noticed it wasn't right, I then searched the whole pack to find two more cigarettes with the same default (a cut in the side of the cigarettes) the pack was fully sealed when I purchased it therefore the...

I
9:26 am EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - holborn yellow 50g

I have been smoking Holborn Yellow for a few years now, I purchased a pack this morning from my local McColls and this is the first time I have opened a pack to find no rolling papers.There is no batch number on the pack to identify it. I am only forwarding this as a complaint in case there is a problem in manufacturing process or packing.I you need any more info please contact me( [email protected] )

Regards
Derek Morris

C
9:12 pm EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - mayfair sky blue

Not very appealing when you open a fresh pack of cigarettes only to look at the first tab you pick out to have bits of mould at the tip of it, within the tobacco. Cut a different tab open to see if it was just the one, only to find mould all through out this cigarette aswell. Not very pleased in the absolute slightest. On the upside however this has helped me smoke less as im physically repulsed at smoking thinking this could be in any cigarette

M
4:23 pm EDT

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - amber leaf 50 gram

Hi
I have just put my hand into my tobacco (amber leaf) to roll a cigarette and am pretty disgusted with the burned false (well I hope it is false) nail that i have just found. I will add photos to what I have found. I have been smoking amber leaf now for 10 years and never come across anything so repulsive like this before now. I would have thought that your manufacturing procedures should have picked this up.

J
7:30 am EST

Japan Tobacco International [JTI] - mayfair super king 29 pack

I just bought a pack of Mayfair Superking 29 pack from Apple Garage, Crumlin Cross, Dublin 12.

I noticed the pack look odd, it was not full like other packs. When I counted there were only 25 in the pack, at 1st I thought I had got the wrong cigerettes but no they are Mayfair Superking.

I paid €15.50 expensive enough but to be left short is quite frustrating. I would be very grateful if you could check this out as soon as possible. I have attached photos showing the batch number. Hope this is a once off.

Kind regards