Home Depotmanagement staff & customers

I've worked for home depot for a year now. It's not too bad but I have some MAJOR issues with some of the management staff & customers, with the customers being the biggest problem. I get all types of customers here good and bad, but some are MUCH worse than others. I get idiots complaining about anything & everything. It's very frustrating dealing with DIY'ers who are clueless about what they are doing, asking an infinite amount of questions and getting upset because I DON'T have all of the answers because I'm an ASSOCIATE not a gardener, electrician, lumberjack, construction worker, painter, plumber, kitchen specialist...etc. These customers will come and expect a part time associate to know EVERYTHING, & if they don't, they go straight to the ASM's & b***h like the f****n' b*****s that they are. Then they try to make the associate feel at fault when they don't know what the hell they are doing their own damn self! Well Home Depot has this customer first policy that makes sense since it is a retail store. Problem is some of our "valued" customers are nothing but a bunch of ### who take advantage of this & go talk to the managers for ANY little Bull***t to complain. As an associate there isn't much I can do about it, clicks & favoritism runs rampant. My only option was to come here & vent, since they will just blackball me inside the workplace for bringing their attention to this type of thing. The problem is at store 1911 in Cicero. Great place to work, not so great customers and a couple [censored]bag ASM's. I've had customers making up complaints about things they did not like and stretch the truth a LOT. How do I let it be known that this Home Depot has MANY, MANY rude, offensive & devious customers. Having ASM's who believe the customer's every word doesn't help matters at all. I'm a struggling student and I need this job or else I'd have quit already. The fact is that ASM will favor the customers most of the time, when some of those complaining customers & ASM's need to be investigated themselves for their own s***ty conduct. Ask any other Home Depot employee about this & they will tell you the same. After working here I've learned that the world has WAAAY more idiots, ###s & lowlifes than I ever thought existed. Like I said great place to work but too many s***ty b***h customers, store managers & ASM's.

• Ti
    Tiena James Feb 12, 2014

Home Depot had issues with racism in the workplace toward employees. I am an African American woman who was in management. I was terminated from the Lawrenceville Ga store by a white manager with a history of EEOC complaints and the company does nothing but continue to promote Aaron Seay. I am a diaylsis patient with whom he would not schedule coverage to attend treatments. He showed a disparity of treatment between myself and the white managers. Please write to [email protected] and voice your complaints about hearing about this. If you have been wrongfully terminated contact the EEOC at [email protected] and voice your complaint.