Home Depotasurion extended warranty service

W Review updated:

Submitted claim #[protected] 11-25-17 with a due date of 11-28. Service never called and missed the appointment. I contacted the service dept three times and never received a call back to reschedule. Asurion then changed my service center and gave me a new tentative due date. I did receive a call from them stating they could not make the tentative due date and the earliest appointment they could keep is 12-21-17. I have spoken with two Asurion supervisors who stated they could not expedite the request. It seems they have no influence over their third party contractors. It seems Home Depot take no responsibility for the performance of the contracted (Asurion) service provider. It is reasonable to expect that when home Depot sells a service contract using the Home depot name they are responsible to the customer.
LG Refrigerator LFXC24726S purchased 9-30-16

• Ct
    ctpackerfan Dec 02, 2021

I have been trying to obtain service through Asurion/Home Depot for a month. They keep sending emails stating they need this, thay and the other thing. I send everything...they say it's "invalid" and I still need to send a, b, and c...then a and b, then just c...Tried calling numerous times...reps speak very poor English, phone connection is terrible to non-existent, and they keep transferring to other departments. Initially, the claim was filed expeditiously, and I was pleased...then the email started with the further requests. BUYER BEWARE~ Unless HD changes the company they use for extended warranties, do NOT pay the money...You will just be throwing it away.

• Lo
    louis maggio Oct 01, 2021

Home Depot makes promises with their warranty, but they DO NOT DELIVER! Very unresponsive to my complaint about my Nexgrill's igniter continually breaking down. They promise parts and labor, but will only send the part. How many times am i supposed to fix this? They should send a repairman, or replace the grill. PS Do not buy Nexgrills. They are c r a p.

• St
    steve hensley Jun 05, 2021

again back to crappy service from Asurion, called for a dryer problem, the first service center called three days after assignment and told me that they could not do the job, contacted Asurion and a new appt. was set up with a new claim date (1 week later) I ask why a new date and was told that is the way it works. service came out, dryer needs roller guides, main bearing and control board was told by service tech it would be three weeks for the parts to come in. I told him I had already been waiting one week and that was to long, he contacted Asurion and they cancelled the claim (. said I refused service) called and talked to a supervisor and was set up with another appt with the same company that refused to come out the first time, so I called back and was told that it had been changed to the second one but it would be june21st before anything could be done, and their policy was they have 60 days to repair an item before they agree to replace. this company is pissed because Home Depot cancelled the contract with them and went to Allstate but, any product that was bought before jan 2021 still has to deal with Asurion, they have no clue what they are doing and just run the customer in circles. hop I never have to use them again for anything will try to get a refund on my other purchase contracts be done with this company.

• Bo
    BobInternet Sep 09, 2018

I'll never take a Home Depot extended warranty again. It's not a warranty it's an insurance policy.
    Lost food in freezer four times to a thaw-refreeze problem on a Maytag unit. Asurion keeps sending
    the same guy who does window dressing, and leaves. Called a reputable repair service for a second
    opinion. He said the controller board is the prime suspect and should have been replaced. What kind
    of game are they playing here? Replacing thawed food is expensive, and wasting my time with repeat
    visits is just sick.