Google Treasure Chest & Safe Lock IDunauthorized charges on my debit card

I tried to order a CD for $1.97 which was shipping and handling charges, through Google Treasure Chest and never received the CD nor the confirmation e-mail. This was on 4/23/09, when I made the order and finally today, after two months, I got them to cancel my monthly subscription with Google Treasure Chest and Safe Lock ID. I'm requesting a full refund and they will not accept our request. I'm out of $1.97, $72.21 x 2 with Google Treasure Chest and $38.84 with Safe Lock ID. I'm going to cancel my debit card because I do not trust that they have canceled at my request. The reason I want a full refund is because I never received the CD nor the e-mail they said I would get. This is a scam and ID fraud and something needs to be done. I never authorized them to charge my account for these charges even though they said my trial period was over. I ask them what trial period, I do not recall any converstaion or readings indicating to additional charges. What really disturbs me the most is that I never received any of the material at all.

You may reach me at:
E-mail: [protected]@aol.com

Ed Herndon

• Ge
    Geraldine Williams Jun 18, 2009

I agree that was the same thing that happened to me. They told me that I signed on with this when I signed for the cd. Which, I have to be more careful. These things are scams. Which If I didn't look this up I would have never known about what number to call to cancel. I will contact my card company to change my number. This was VERY HELPFUL. Solution is to read before buying anything they are selling that sounds like idea.

• Ra
    Rachel Jun 16, 2009

Hi Ed,

I am getting the same charges out of my account as well. I tried calling however it is after hours so I will call them tomorrow. I am also going to cancel my debit card and get another one so that I can get these debits to stop. I also let my bank know to see what they can do?

Rachel Rodriguez
    West Coast - Orange county California
    [protected]

• Mi
    Michael Chung Jun 16, 2009

I got the CD from Google for $1.97, and never authorized any charges to my debit account. However, they took the money from my account that I'm not aware of. The phone that listed in the charged is very hard to talk to, and they do not understand much English.

Please help.

• Pa
    Pam Jun 15, 2009

I was also scammed by google treasure chest. I saw a charge for $38.84 on my online bank statement and called the number listed only to find out that it was a 3rd. party customer service call center in Sandy, Utah. I got a cancellation number and a promise of a refund with a reimbursement for nsf fees of $29.00, That was on 6/3/09. Today I see another charge for $38.84 on my account and no refund. I called again and made another request and after a lenghty arguement, I got addresses for google treasure chest at 970 West Road Way Suite E347 Jackson, Wyoming 83001 and SAFELOCK ID at 1340 N. Great Neck Rd. Sandy Ridge, VA [protected]. These may not be legitimate, but all the phone numbers and these addresses are being turned over to the atty. general's office, dept. of consumer affairs, the BBB, and I am contacting the fraud dept. of the FBI as well. If you don't fight back, it's the same as letting them get away with it.