Fifth Third Bank / 53.com Logo

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com

Having problems with Fifth Third Bank / 53.com?

+1 866 671 5353 (Customer Service)
+1 513 579 5353 (International)
+1 800 972 3030 (Personal)
+1 877 534 2264 (Business)
+1 866 475 0729 (Commercial)
+1 800 782 0279 (Lost & Stolen)
+1 866 351 5353 (Home Loan Or Refinance)
+1 866 531 4249 (Open A New Account)
38 Fountain Square Plaza

For All Other Accounts
Fifth Third Bank, 5050 Kingsley Dr., MD № 1MOCOP, Cincinnati, OH 45263

Complaints & Reviews

Fifth Third Bank — horrible customer service

If you think you have the worst bank out there, you have never banked with Fifth Third Bank based out of...

Fifth Thirdgroup for all unhappy fifth third customers

This is a personal invite for all haters of fifth third bank on this site, to join, and participate in, a new group I started, called - fifth third - all u. S. Cities. Let's raise our voices and let the corrupt banking system know we are not going to be ripped off anymore!!! Maybe we can get enough complaints here for a class action lawsuit! Come on over!!

Fifth Third Bank — fifth third bank complaint

I had been a customer of Fifth Third Bank for approximately 8 years. The problem started when they froze my...

Fifth Third Bank Aka 53 Banklies, lowers credit

Within two weeks, 53 forced us to turn away our business with them after being a customer for over 20 years.

1). They were suppose to close a checking account which I faxed documentation into upon request, they never closed the account down as they said they would, and people kept overdrafting it.

2). I put an increase in my credit card limit, instead they thought I put a request to decrease it, and REFUSE to increase it again for another 6 months.

There are so many other banks out there, so my suggestion is go to another bank before it's to late.

20 years, and this is the respect I get.

• Cl
        closeyouraccount Aug 31, 2009

Your not the only one I am looking to start a class action law suit but need your story http://closeyourbankaccount.blogspot.com/

5/3 Bankthis bank is a joke

This bank is a joke! Corporate office has some of the worst customer service I've ever come across. They treat you as if you're callinG about THEIR money, not yours. I've had 5 day holds on my checks turn to 9 days with no explanation or warning! I have overdraft, but twice now, I've been over charged for overdraft, while theres money in my savings! Just loGGed into my account to find out I'm beinG charGed aGain, not only with money in my savings, but now theres also money in my checkinG too. Can't explain that? well, neither could the snob at corporate. I reGret ever dealinG with these corporate theives. Theres a place for people this deceitful, riGht alonG side of g.w. bush.

• Gm
          GMajor Dec 09, 2009

I agree that this is a "bad" bank. After eight years of trying to get 5/3 Bank to call my office during business hours I received yet another call at home at 7:30 in the evening. It seems that the culture at 5/3 is very much last-century. In this day of fast internet communication poor customer treatment and policy I wonder how the bank keeps it's doors open. Our folder of issues and complaints about 5/3 is thick. This bank's administration appears close-minded and inaccessible. We only bank with them because our children are in college and branches are close-by and because we negotiated a loan with them years ago for the business. We look forward to cutting ties with this bank as soon as we are able.

• Al
          Alex Peele Oct 27, 2010

Fifth Third Bank is stealing from us. We had a car loan from a GM dealer and 5 3 would not let us pay it off. They refused to give us the account number so that we could pay it off. Before the first payment was due, we paid over 95% of the loan amount. this was the amount they told us was due. They next harassed us on Saturday, threatening us that we were in default. We finally overpaid the loan.
          We also had an extended warranty which we immediately cancelled three days after getting the loan giving us a total refund. This was part of the loan we had with 5 3 bank. They were to refund this warranty cost in full. We never received the refund check. After many calls to 5 3 bank in which they said a check was sent, they told us another check was being sent. We received a check dated the day after that last call. We deposited it in our local bank. Two weeks later, 5 3 bank stopped payment on the check effectively stealing money out of our account. Not only that, our bank charged us a fee for this. We have been calling 5 3 bank for a week and they keep giving is the run around. This is common theft. They have no intention of giving us our money back. They will not let us talk to anyone but a telephone screener.
          My advice is to run as fast as you can from Fifth Third Bank. If not, you will regret it.
          Alex Peele, Olathe, K S

5/3 Bankunexplained debit

Please avoid 5/3 Bank. They bought out the First Charter locations in NC. Since the buyout, the service of what was once a good friendly caring back has turned very sour. Fee, fees, fees for everything. But the best is what they did to me. They allowed 15k to be taken out of my business account for no explainable reason. No call, no explaination, just secracy, overdraft fees, bounced checks. They have no explanation for the debit and don't care. I was forced to borrow money to re-fund my account, and they even charged me fees for depositing cash to cover my checks! And they won't refund the fees even though I have been a 20 yr customer and haven't done anything wrong. Avoid 5/3 at any cost. Questions? Contact Bob Rahilly @ [protected]@aol.com

• Al
            Alex Peele Oct 27, 2010

Alex Peele, Olathe, K S

Fifth Third Bankpoor service and questionable practices

My aged mother recently discovered a CD that was to have come due two years ago, Oct 2007. I called Fifth Third bank who confirmed the existence of the CD and the fact that they had not sent out a renewal notice in 2007. They offered to pay the face value of the CD, ignoring that they have been collecting interest on that money for two years without paying one cent to my mother. I asked for an interest adjustment to offset her losses. Three months later they finally told me that there is nothing that they are willing to do about this situation except cut a check for the amount on the CD. That’s what I call customer service. I am sorry that our government is bailing out businesses that do not care about their customers.

• Li
              livid ex-customer May 12, 2011

We have been faithful customers for over five years. We haven't bounced a check or had any accounting issues in YEARS. My husband has DONATED food to them for recruitment, promotions, and office events. They POSTED my paycheck online, days after it was deposited, even though they didn't really consider it a part of my balance. When we transferred money from our checking to savings, we received bounced-check fees because even though the check is STILL listed as posted, it really wasn't. They refunded ONE of the bounce fees, but not the other one. They DON'T CARE!

53 Bank53 rewards inept reps

Email to 53 bank executives

Over the past several weeks I have been in contact on a regular basis with representatives from your 53 rewards team. I have several accounts with 53 bank and found out, much to my surprise, that I was accruing rewards points on my cards when I used them as credit transactions. For the record, I had no idea that I could earn points, let alone that I had to use my 53 cards as credit in order to earn them... Very bad communication on 53's part.

I won't go into all the details of my past dealings with your rewards team, just the incident this morning. I spoke with shenel regarding my personal account ending in 1223 (With 4866 points) as well as my business account ending in 1501 (With 196 points). Shenel agreed to move the 196 points from my business account over to my personal account so the points would all be in one place and I could get some use out of them before 53 expired them. Shenel was very helpful, polite and courteous and assured me that the points would be available in my personal account within 10 business days.

I was back in my personal account this afternoon performing a few banking transactions and I thought I would click on the 53 rewards link to see if anything had happened with the points. When I got into my account, much to my dismay and confusion, my balance said that my previous point balance was 4811.15 and that my new points available amount was 935.02!!!

I'm not a mathematician, but I have no clue how the transaction discussed above could result in 935.02! It makes no sense whatsoever, so I decided I should call – once again – 53 rewards to find out what was going on with my account. I spoke with lisa (Employee number 025420) who addressed me with a smug attitude regarding my need to call 53 rewards to fix my problem. She said she was sorry for my inconvenience and that was that. Well, that's not good enough, so I asked lisa (Employee number 025420) several times if I could speak with her supervisor and was finally transferred to rose (Employee number 0164201).

This is where it gets even more interesting...

When I asked rose (Employee number 0164201) to pull up both my personal and business accounts, she came back with the following response:

* my personal account ending in 1223 had 3902 points plus an additional 4837 points
            * my business account ending in 1501 had 176 points
            * total points available according to rose (Employee number 0164201) is 8915 – nearly twice the amount that I had ever heard from any of your other employees!!! Wtf?

I wasn't sure I heard her properly, since none of the point amounts matched with anything I had ever heard from any 53 rewards representative.

Rose (Employee number 0164201) assured me that she would personally see to it that my personal account was credited within three (3) business days for the 8915 points. At this point I didn't really believe her, so I asked for her phone number (616.653.9124) so I could call her back immediately when we hung up to make sure I had her number so I could follow-up in three (3) business days. Rose (Employee number 0164201) assured me that 616.653.9124 was her number and asked me if there was anything else she could help me with. I said "no", hung up and called 616.653.9124 and guess what! – it didn't work!!!

I really don't know what you guys are doing at 53 bank, but it sounds like you're scamming consumers, and someone needs to get your house in order – right now – or I promise I will do everything I can to make sure all the other 53 customers I know (And everyone they know) pull their accounts out of your inept institution.

Social networks are wonderful things.

A highly disgruntled, abused customer,

Victor p errante

C. Richard cordray, ohio attorney general

• Ve
                verrante Jul 06, 2009

next it goes up on twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.

• Ju
                JUST CHECKING Mar 28, 2011

WELL, VICTOR I JUST CALLED THAT NUMBER AND GUESS WHAT??? IT'S THE DIRECT LINE FOR ROSE FROM REWARDS DEPARTMENT AT 53RD BANK...

5/3 Bank - Hammond Indianaunprofesional bank manager

I requested a debit card for my new account because they forgot to do it, and instead i received a CREDIT CARD by mail. The BCM (Gregory) denied tha fact that i never requested the credit card so we had to talk to his regional manager. Both were unprofesional, we felt neglected and very frustrated. Also we requested back in Feb 09 for our checking acct to be linked to our savings acct for overdraft protection, but unfortunaltely that never happened either. The customer service is poor, unprofesional and we felt very unapprecitated. The Banking Center Manager (Gregory) should be doing something else.

Fifth Third Bankclass action suite

I have been contacted by several people regarding Fifth Third Bank practices. The attorney below has started a class action suit against Fifth Third and rightly so. I have lost thousands of dollars on their banking practices. You can also email me. I plan on creating a patition that can be posted publically. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com

Strauss & Troy
                phone: [protected]
                fax: [protected]

• Gm
                    g.morris Oct 01, 2009

I agree that Fifth Third Bank is a big RIP-OFF. Their overdraft practices should be illegal. They did exactly like the 20/20 TV show said in their recent expose. I will never bank with them again!

• Ro
                    robertak Dec 17, 2009

i totally agree. fifth third has charged me thousands in overdraft charges by not posting the transactions in the order they were done, but posting them from highest to lowest. that does not make sense to me and they never made me aware of that also, they charged me a identity alert charge whn i dont even have the identity alert with them

Fifth Third Bankopt-out of credit card changes

Fifth Third sent my husband and myself Notices about changes in Credit Card Terms. My husband recently paid his off, I still have a balance with a low interest rate. The notice came on June 19 and it states to opt-out you have to have the opt-out response at their address by June 23. My husband is out of town until June 22. With the postal service, unless we pay for overnight mail, these opt-out letters probably will not get there on time. I spoke with two customer reps at Fifth Third. They could only say "We're sorry you feel that way". I asked to speak to a supervicor. After waiting five minutes they came back and said the Supervisor had too many calls ahead of mine. No wonder!!! We have excellent credit, are never late, pay way more than required. This is just another example of a bailed out bank destroying the public trust. D. Robinson

• Hi
                      Hitchhiker Jul 01, 2009

Same thing happened with me. I got the notice on June 30, with the opt-out letter due by July 7. Between the July 4 holidya and the weekend, that gave me 2 days to get a letter in.

5/3 Bank — hold on account

We have been customers from 5/3 Bank for over 20 twenty years. I deposited a check in my checking account...

Fifth Third Bankcustomer service and lies

Beware!!! Do not use this bank for credit of any kind!

We have a car loan with this bank and they offer us a "grace period" to avoid late fees. It is approximately 15 days each month. We have been called time after time on the 10th day of this grace period, looking for their payment. We've been called sunday mornings at 8 a. M. And we've even been called new year's day at 8 a. M. We've been told by their customer service reps that our grace period is only 10 days even though I had my payment book in my hand... *sigh*

Then... My husband gets a credit card from them... He ends up above his limit one month. He got his bill and paid what he was told was the minimum due, which would include the overlimit and if paid, he would avoid any additional fees. Big lie! I was told by their customer service that if you are over limit, you need to make a payment before your next bill is generated to avoid the next over limit fee. I asked how am I supposed to make a payment before the bill is generated and basically was told to use the automated bill options via the phone and internet... So, even though they tell me on my statement to make the minimum payment due to avoid any additional fees... What they mean is make the minimum payment before your next bill is generated to avoid any additional fees.

So, save yourself a big headache and avoid this bank at all costs. I will be closing these accounts as soon as I possibly can!

• Pa
                        PapaT Jun 07, 2009

AND, merchants, don't let Fifth Third process your charge cards! They will do or say anything to get the charge approved just to get their fees and then later lie and deny everything! Merchants beware! Go elsewhere for your processing!!!

Fifth Third Banksteeling

Fifth third bank has a policy if you are a couple days late with a loan payment, they have the right to take money from your checking or savings. Overdraw your account, charge you with any fees they see fit. They do not have to notify you when they do this. You and your family can end up stranded far from home, and someone at fifth third telling you it`s your fault. I filed a complaint the first time they did this and won my case, they put the money back. However doesn`t make up for the suffering of being stranded. Couple months go by and fifth third proceeded to do the same thing. They claim thats standard procedure. For the safety of my family or yours i would not recomend this bank to anyone unless you like to live dangerously, your life could be at stake when your bank account is sucked dry by corporate greed, and you can`t put food on the table for your family. ~~have a good day and god bless~~

• Bi
                          bigworm99 Jan 06, 2010

One I would like to say that you signed a contact with this bank allowing them to make back payments from deposit accounts you have with them. Second as a consumer at this bank I would like to say you took my money and promised to pay it back that’s how banks and loans work a bank loans you another customers money ect. So I ask its ok for you to steal money from my family but when you choose to be irresponsible and not take care of your commitments its unfair I see how things work its always someone else’s fault.

Fifth Third Bankoverdraft charges

i too have been hit hard by fifth third bank over the past 3 years by overdraft charges, i can have money for 5 things but have 6 out (yes i know this is my fault) so they pay the biggest one making the other 5 bounce and collecting fee's 5 times (this has happened alot) they cashes a check that was post dated a month in advance and i got nailed with a overdraft fee, my wife made a CASH deposit one morning several things came out that day and guess what we got hammered with overdraft fee's we was told the CASH had to clear for a day or so, come on cash has to clear? then when i took it to the bank to find out why we was charged overdraft fee's they couldnt come up with an answer on what bounced but i was told there was a note on my account not to refund me any money

• Mo
                            mostrua May 15, 2009

instead of taking time to complaint... enroll in a continuing education class on how to manage your check book.

• Ro
                            rosie May 15, 2009

A remedial class on the execution of syntax might also be a good idea...

• Si
                            siens58 Oct 07, 2009

Why the heck would you stay with them for 3 years? What sense does that make. As far as the two comments above, they are completely irrelevent and insulting. People disgust me these days.

• Gr
                            Greg Nordt Jun 03, 2015

godskids2: I'm an attorney in FL and would like to discuss your Fifth Third problem with overdraft charges. Please call me at your convenience [protected] x850

Fifth Thirdoverdraft fees

I was charged overdraft fees on three transactions after a 4th transactions caused my account to be overdrawn. ON the first day i made 2 debit card transactions, the money was immediatually withdrawn from my account(but not posted) I then had a 10 dollar check go through. On the second day(at 4:00pm) I made another transaction with my debit card, not thinking that the money wouldnt be there until after midnight. After I hanged up I realized what I had done, but it was too late the transaction had already gone through. The bank also withdrew this money from account(but not posted) which then caused the overdraft. So on that day when they finally posted my first 3 charges I was charged 3 overdraft fees. The customer service (gentleman) was very condensing implying that I was playing beat the money to the bank or whatever.

Fifth Third Bank — escrow account

Copy of a letter I sent to the bank: ***** On March 13, 2009 I discovered that the escrow department had...

Fifth Third Bank — predatory overdraft fees (class action info)

I have to date had over $500 stolen from me by this institution for less than $75 in overdrafts. The most...

Fifth Third Bank — cannot handle an address change

When I was 16 years old I opened my first bank account at 5/3 with my father. Flash forward 9 years. In...

Fifth Third Bank Mortgagewhere is my mortgage statement

Got a mortgage with them several months ago, have yet to
                            receive a mortgage billing statement. Called them. no statement. Very strange way to do business.

Looks like a refi with a better run bank is the way to go.

• They are many companies that are legitimate and can help homeowners stop foreclosure and keep their homes.

Mortgage Assistance Group is one of those companies that holds an "A" rating with the BBB and has help over 500 homeowners keep their homes.

They give a discount to the homeowners who have been scammed and treat each client with respect and dignity.

You can reach them at [protected] and at www.mag-az.com.

Thanks and good luck,

Randy D.

P.S. If you know someowner they can help, They will pay a $100 referral!